PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Chat window not appearing during matches (when I didn't close it)

Jawbone78
03-31-2013, 08:53 PM
I've been encountering an odd bug today - in the first match after I start the game, the chat window appears as normal, and I can chat with my opponent to my heart's content. Every subsequent match, however, until I quit the game and restart, the chat window does not appear at all.

The hide/show button is also missing - the only thing that appears in the top right corner is the menu button. When I open the menu, the hide/show chat button appears there, and the button responds appropriately except that the chat window still does not appear.

I can still chat, but I can't see what I've written or what my opponent writes, however. I can hear the little scratching noise and everything. And here's the kicker - after the match, when the renown is being tallied, the chat window (and the hide/show button) reappears. Everything that I've blindly typed into it also appears. But then it's still missing when I start the next match.

I've tried silly random things like switching to windowed mode and back to see if I can get it to render, but no luck there. I even tried deleting and reinstalling the game to see if that helped, but it didn't. The only way to get the chat window back is to quit the game and restart.

If you would like any more details, please let me know.

Also, I know that this wasn't happening last night when I was playing. I don't know if there's been a change to the client in between now and then or not, but it definitely only started happening tonight.

Guğmundr
03-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Same here. Exactly.

Butters
04-01-2013, 03:43 AM
Same here. A majority of my games since the update had that issue.
It was also reported in the build thread.

LEVEL 5 DWARF
04-01-2013, 07:09 AM
-same
-skystrikers no longer animate correctly when rain of arrows is done. timer runs out as if nothing was selected, but the trap still works.
-if i play on my mac it always thinks the game has crashed when i exit, and gives me a slightly annoying pop-up each time.

franknarf
04-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Ah, ok. Thanks, dwarf. Glad (sort of) that I wasn't just imagining the missing animation for the RoA.

stoicmom
04-01-2013, 11:38 AM
me, too on the chat window issue. i type my greeting and don't see a thing until the match is complete and then we can chat and see the messages at that time. apparently my opponent can see the chat and responds before game end

Aklyon
04-08-2013, 01:20 PM
I'm having this problem as well, I can't see the chat until after the game.

Evil Laughter
04-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Same here

AnotherPersona
04-11-2013, 12:47 PM
If you restart the game after each battle, it'll work. But you have to restart, rather obnoxious, it is a solution, I only do it for the Tournament or Ranked matches. =D

Astrom
04-11-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm having the same issue and for the past couple of days. Sometimes the chat works randomly, i don't necessarily need to restart.

It does, however, pop up at the end of the match when awards are given.

raven2134
04-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Fixed in the coming build :)

Kuba
04-12-2013, 05:02 AM
Good news :).

Aleonymous
04-12-2013, 05:09 AM
Fixed in the coming build :)

When is it due? What other changes are bundled with that? We shouldn't hope for new content just yet, eh? Perhaps some all-around bug-sweeping and some stat-tweaking...

Butters
04-12-2013, 05:56 AM
When is it due? What other changes are bundled with that?

Buried in Tactics, from Raven :

Next build/patch will see the ff:
SA ability nerf
SB willpower (+1 base stat point) buff
SB RtF vs enemy when enemy strikes for finishing blow
PG sorting
D/C loss avoid exploit fix
RoA animation fix

Those are the major ones at least.

raven2134
04-12-2013, 06:28 AM
I'll check. Hopefully today, unless some bug popped up or John needed to leave his cave.

Aleonymous
04-12-2013, 07:32 AM
Good news. Thanks Butters & Raven! With those changes, Factions will be more complete&balanced than ever before.

Butters
04-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Oh yes by all means, nerf the SA mid-tourney ! Another Persona is running two of them !
*diabolical laughter*

AnotherPersona
04-12-2013, 12:07 PM
No! Not during the tourney! Damn you Butters! ^^