PDA

View Full Version : Warhawk friendly fire?

Krouv
04-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Imagine my surprise when in my last game I used my Warhawk's ability, and instead of attacking the two nearest enemies, he completely crippled my nearby shieldbanger. Is that intended or is it a bug? If it is a feature, then the tooltip should definitely be updated, because as of now it says that the ability attacks enemies.
Luckily I was just playing a friendy match with my girlfriend, though it didn't help my feelings when I lost the game. :(

Tirean
04-01-2013, 06:16 PM
He hits friends and foes, look on the ground to see which characters he will hit as they will highlight purple. It also swings clockwise from the target you clicked on first.

Krouv
04-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Wow, so upgrading your warhawk too much could be quite bad actually. I don't think I would ever want to bring one to level three, it would be too risky. The description of the ability should definitely be changed to reflect this.
Thanks for the explanation anyway. :)

Tirean
04-01-2013, 06:38 PM
You can choose which ranked ability you want to use :) if you bring a level 3 WH you don't have to use a level 3 tempest.

d2r
04-02-2013, 12:34 AM
Your opponent would have to make a truly hideous error in positioning for level 3 tempest to actually pay off, anyway...

Leartes
04-02-2013, 03:15 AM
Sometimes you want to hit your own units. It is a good way to kill of maimed units that you don't want to use anymore.

HeadOpener
04-02-2013, 03:30 AM
Tirean, it's Clockwise. You say counter a lot when it's not :P

As mentioned the floor shows purple tiles and the two/three/four you will hit show filled they are clockwise from the unit selected. As mentioned higher ranks of the ability don't have to be selected when higher you still get to choose and pay the relevant wp cost for the right rank so 1,2,3.

Also as mentioned above killing your own units sometimes helps for turn advantage, killing of a crippled useless unit etc.

Tirean
04-02-2013, 04:22 AM
I always say counter clockwise when I mean clockwise :( my brain stupid :(

Zahar
04-02-2013, 04:39 AM
I always say counter clockwise when I mean clockwise :( my brain stupid :(

In your defense the animation spin counter clockwise :P

Arnie
04-02-2013, 06:55 AM
In your defense the animation spin counter clockwise :P

It depends on which direction the WH is facing when he does it. The anims are flipped...half the time it should be correct. ;)

Aleonymous
04-02-2013, 07:04 AM
It depends on which direction the WH is facing when he does it. The anims are flipped...half the time it should be correct. ;)

True.

But, generally speaking, the in-game help/info really needs an overhaul (when possible), or some official "guide-book".

OK, playing a couple of times can help you find out for yourself how each unit-ability works etc. Or, some subtle aspects can only be learned by hearsay: "I saw it from someone, who had battled someone, who had seen someone using it...". I'm sure it all comes down to 8-9 guys around the forum-core! :D

But, picture this: The other day, I was trying to convince some friends to try TBSF, and succeeded, but eventually they were constantly calling me on the phone for unit description, and what does "that" mean etc. Perhaps you'd like to more easily "capture" those more casual players too...

d2r
04-02-2013, 10:11 AM
I actually agree - some of the stuff can be confusing. Like how to use rank 2-3 abilities for example - it's not intuitive.

You really gotta add a section to the tutorial about that. :p