PDA

View Full Version : What is Fun? (random list of fun things I've done today)

Slimsy Platypus
04-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Use Malice to pull an enemy into RoA!

Rank 3 Run Through... you have got to try this!

Rank 3 Forge Ahead... nowhere on the board is safe!

A 12/16 Warhawk... duh

Bloody Flail... hitting 6 times (I ain't scurred)!

Rain of Arrows... for 6 damage!

Feels like a whole new game now that I'm prepping myself for higher ranks!

Butters
04-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Use Malice to pull an enemy into RoA!

Seconded !

What is not fun ?

Getting destroyed by exactly the same cheesy build as at p6 (2SA+2TH+2War ; ranks are 2/3/1)

Seeing the meta-game go nowhere fast (yes I know, p12 is too new to tell, but it sure feels like that ATM)

Sorry for being a downer...

erom
04-01-2013, 07:32 PM
I really don't understand why you are calling that build cheesy. It uses varied units. It doesn't spam the same action over and over. It's a fairly balanced build. I think if you face it over and over you could say it is overplayed or boring, perhaps symptoms of a metagame you find too simple (which I think will improve over time, especially with more units) but I fail to see how in any way it is cheesy.

Butters
04-01-2013, 08:00 PM
It is both overplayed and boring... And I stand by my opinion that it's cheesy (it's powerful to the point that nobody has found a reliably effective counter at neither 6 nor 12 ; it's very easy to play effectively without using much of your brain ; everybody and their dog use it for a reason - including the latest 3 tournament winners [although admittedly these were variations, I think 3SA 1TH instead of 2/2, but it's essentially the same build]).

Back on thread. Sorry Slimsy for the highjack (-.-; )

More fun things : late-game, advancing a mostly-dead SS and setting of a r3 RoA, having both enemy warriors stand frozen in terror :cool:

franknarf
04-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Man, way to drag down such an upbeat thread. ;) I've just enjoyed seeing the upgraded abilities in use, though I haven't used most of them myself.

@Butters: I've been trying 2/1/3 for that combo (sa,ts,varl) with a SRM+WH (not 2War) for one game so far. I think that's the way to go; better to make the varl as scary as possible.

erom
04-01-2013, 10:14 PM
I think keeping my raiders at 1 to bump my varl to 3 is to some extent an extension of my current power 6 conundrums (my team is much stronger relative to average at power 4 with only archers and varl upgraded than it is at power 6, because the raider options don't really speak to me yet (no pressure Grudgeweilder))

Though given that I <3 SS and malice can now combo with RoA so well, grinding up some more renown to play with a provoker is the next thing on my todo list.

Forcing their warrior into a position where I can first-hit it with mine seems like a game winning combo, though I am nervous about only bringing one warrior given their power.

Butters
04-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Forcing their warrior into a position where I can first-hit it with mine seems like a game winning combo, though I am nervous about only bringing one warrior given their power.
You can acheive that same result with either the WL (FA) or the SRM (punt), while keeping your second varl high strength.

Zahar
04-02-2013, 02:36 AM
It is both overplayed and boring... And I stand by my opinion that it's cheesy (it's powerful to the point that nobody has found a reliably effective counter at neither 6 nor 12 ; it's very easy to play effectively without using much of your brain ; everybody and their dog use it for a reason - including the latest 3 tournament winners [although admittedly these were variations, I think 3SA 1TH instead of 2/2, but it's essentially the same build]).

Well, one of the reasons might be the cost to upgrade units - everyone will upgrade their best units first, so even if some other build can compete, it will only appear in numbers later...

netnazgul
04-02-2013, 03:20 AM
Hey Slimsy, you forgot the all-fun "Ramming Varl onto coals on the Great Hall through 4 units" move :p

HeadOpener
04-02-2013, 03:34 AM
I have got some fun out of punting my rank 3 BB behind the shiled wall and doing a mass runthrough of wars and archers :)
So good a feeling even when my BB dies horribly the break and damage done at the end of the row and you can almost see your opponent go.... "damn!"

Shiri
04-02-2013, 06:32 AM
Had a really fun move a while ago. I slagged part of the floor in such a way that an enemy warhawk firstly got hit, and secondly had to walk ON TOP of both coals to get the tempest he wanted (that he was gonna get anyway), reducing him to middling strength. Then I set it up so my other archer could one-shot an enemy thrasher, giving the warhawk turn advantage so he started his turn still on the same coals, taking 2 MORE damage. That was satisfying.