PDA

View Full Version : Game freezes on victory

delta_angelfire
04-02-2013, 07:19 PM
On at least two occasions now, Factions has experienced a kind of "freeze" when I win a match. After I defeat my opponnet's last unit, the game just hangs. The animations keep playing and all but I can't take any actions and the game does not end. I've ben forced to surrender out of the game. Does this affect my winning streak? And does it also deny me my Renown points and Kill stats? if so I'm very upset at having a half hour of my life wasted because of this one little bug.

Kletian999
04-02-2013, 09:53 PM
In that case, the loser should have surrendered. By surrendering yourself, it counted as a loss for you and you got no kill credit. Better to Alt F4 the game in that circumstance if the opponent refuses to surrender.

amishmonster
04-26-2013, 12:20 AM
I am currently experiencing this as well. I killed the other guy's last unit about 10 minutes ago and it's just hanging there, still able to chat, my Strongarm still hitting his shield. Does Alt-F4ing not cost you the win? I beat a guy at least 2 power levels higher than me and I'd prefer to get credit for it.

Darial
04-26-2013, 12:31 AM
I am currently experiencing this as well. I killed the other guy's last unit about 10 minutes ago and it's just hanging there, still able to chat, my Strongarm still hitting his shield. Does Alt-F4ing not cost you the win? I beat a guy at least 2 power levels higher than me and I'd prefer to get credit for it.

Server's bugged tonight it seems. Happened to me 3 times in a row in tourney games. Gonna call it a night and hopefully it will be resolved tomorrow.

amishmonster
04-26-2013, 12:33 AM
I'm definitely calling it after this, but do you know what effect Alt-F4ing will have? My opponent won't surrender (might be AFK) and I would quite like credit.

UPDATE: It actually did end with the victory screen and everything, after about 45 minutes! I'm still curious what would have happened if I'd Alt-F4'd or killed it in the task manager, though.

roder
05-03-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm definitely calling it after this, but do you know what effect Alt-F4ing will have? My opponent won't surrender (might be AFK) and I would quite like credit.

UPDATE: It actually did end with the victory screen and everything, after about 45 minutes! I'm still curious what would have happened if I'd Alt-F4'd or killed it in the task manager, though.

It ended 45 minutes later because your opponent quit out hehe it will last forever if both of you wait it out.

EDIT: I came to this thread because I'm also in the same bug lmao we've been waiting it out awhile too, I'm not quitting because i won the game +4 units