PDA

View Full Version : About the MP game..

Orath89
04-05-2013, 11:49 AM
I have a little question for the devs:
When the SP game will be released you'll continue to upgrade Factions or this game's only purpose is to create a AI for the SP? I'm really enjoing it and I would appreciate if I'll be able to play it even after the campaign release.

Best regards :)

raven2134
04-05-2013, 11:59 AM
They will continue supporting Factions and introducing/porting Saga features (especially units) from Saga to Factions. For the meantime, they will be shifting their focus to SP. That said, next week is some Factions focus before they hole up for SP developing :p.

Kletian999
04-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Silly followup question; how will Stoic build the game's AI? Should Tirean and the other champions fear for having their brains stolen and put in special jars in Stoic's server?

Leartes
04-05-2013, 04:43 PM
There is a hidden part in the terms that every tournament winner has to serve one year as an opponent in the single player. ;)

I heard they will introduce the ai to factions as well for testing and learning the game vs bots. So I guess they ll work on that pretty soon. - At least they should :D

Arnie
04-05-2013, 08:41 PM
We will also be introducing AI battles into Factions, perhaps even before launching the Saga.

Vodoko
04-07-2013, 02:07 PM
@Arnie , That sounds really awesome! Looking forward to it. Can't wait to meet the dredge, but I doubt that they will make it into factions before the SP release..?

roder
04-14-2013, 11:11 PM
Can anyone tell me what Banner Saga is about (the non-multiplayer version). Is it going to be an rpg game, have the same art style, what is it exactly

raven2134
04-14-2013, 11:29 PM
See the following links and videos therein:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/stoic/the-banner-saga

http://stoicstudio.com/forum/the-banner-saga.php

roder
04-15-2013, 03:28 AM
Ah i see, so its just a singleplayer campaign of the current game. I was confused it might be completely different. thanks

Arnie
04-15-2013, 11:19 AM
@Arnie , That sounds really awesome! Looking forward to it. Can't wait to meet the dredge, but I doubt that they will make it into factions before the SP release..?

The Dredge would be in the Factions single player mode. :)

Kuba
04-15-2013, 01:13 PM
I hope we will battle Dredge soon in Factions. Cant wait to battle against them.

Aleonymous
04-19-2013, 11:20 AM
The Dredge would be in the Factions single player mode. :)

Will there be any diversity in them (e.g. like the promoted classes), they are planned like the Rank0 units, e.g. with a particular skill and that's all?

Its fun battling specialized matched teams (like the power-locked 6vs6 mode, currently at Factions), but I'd also like fighting against "an improbable number of vastly underpowered antagonists", i.e. weak Dredges relying on sheer numbers.

Also, this "single-player Factions", will it require network connection, or it will work offline too?

Kriegsturmer
04-19-2013, 12:46 PM
They stated that it will be non-DRM so I would assume it will be a completely stand-alone game.

Aleonymous
04-19-2013, 12:51 PM
They stated that it will be non-DRM so I would assume it will be a completely stand-alone game.

So, we'll have like three games?

The Sagas (1,2,3)
Factions PvP (Player -vs- Player, i.e. what we currently have)
Factions SP ( Player -vs- Dredges, AI-controlled)

roder
04-19-2013, 11:53 PM
Whats the diff between The Sagas and Faction SP?

raven2134
04-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Saga is narrative, Factions SP would be just player vs AI, skirmish type I suppose.

There is 1 "brand" The Banner Saga, which has 2 games, Single player Saga and Multiplayer Factions. The single player is split into more releases, cos there will be 3 chapters. Factions will be updated and expanded as the Saga progresses, it will not split into another game or release just for having the AI.

At least, I think. Stoic may want to confirm if my understanding is correct.