PDA

View Full Version : Issue opening the game

Slimsy Platypus
04-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Recently, I've had spells where I've had trouble getting Factions to open. After checking a bit of the forum chat backlog, it appears Stoicmom may have also been having this issue?

Basicly (as of my experience thismorning) I open factions and the loading screen never resolves. I've had this occur a couple times before, but forcing the program to close via Windows and restarting generally resolves it.

However, this morning I was experiencing this, but upon restart the loading screen would pop up then appear to load the game but the screen was still there in front. The circular loading screen reticule would pause for a second, my daily streak banner would pop up, the background music & effects for Strand would play, but the loading screen would remain. I was able to interact with the daily streak banner but nothing else.

I'm not sure if this is clearly explained or not, I can elaborate further if necessary. After restarting and reopening the game about 15 times, and restarting my comp, I was able to eventually open the game.

John
04-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Can you send me a log of this occuring?

Recently, I've had spells where I've had trouble getting Factions to open. After checking a bit of the forum chat backlog, it appears Stoicmom may have also been having this issue?

Basicly (as of my experience thismorning) I open factions and the loading screen never resolves. I've had this occur a couple times before, but forcing the program to close via Windows and restarting generally resolves it.

However, this morning I was experiencing this, but upon restart the loading screen would pop up then appear to load the game but the screen was still there in front. The circular loading screen reticule would pause for a second, my daily streak banner would pop up, the background music & effects for Strand would play, but the loading screen would remain. I was able to interact with the daily streak banner but nothing else.

I'm not sure if this is clearly explained or not, I can elaborate further if necessary. After restarting and reopening the game about 15 times, and restarting my comp, I was able to eventually open the game.

Slimsy Platypus
04-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Thanks John - just sent the logs! If there is anything else useful I can provide just ask and I will jump on that as fast as an approaching Rank 3 Maliced unit :)