PDA

View Full Version : Who's on when!

Kletian999
04-08-2013, 02:43 PM
With the ranked matching system divided in 6 and 12, and many players with teams between the two (or getting kills for their newer units), it's getting a lot harder to find games with experienced units if you actually want to try raising your Elo rating. Few want to sit in an empty queue hoping someone else will see if the queue isn't empty.
I know some of the highest rankers are Europe based, generally playing when USA players are still at work.

The Tournament helps, I was able to break 1300 thanks to it this week despite long queues, but maybe it would be nice to have something smaller, like a "happy hour" for ranked matches at say 8pm PST, EST, UST? and something for folks in East Europe which'd give some renown bonus.

Also, during the matching screen, it'd be lovely to see stats of who is online- is there a rank 11 team sitting in the quickmatch queue, are there power 12 players just chatting in town, is no one else on at X time of day, or how many people are signed up in the tournament (so I know I'm at least not last)? Maybe if someone sits in a queue for long enough, a "challenge" could be announced in town "Rank 12 team (less gamest names are fine too!) is looking for trouble!"

Sorry for the random idea dump above. At very least, I figured rather than everyone filing the steam friends list with everyone else in Factions, it might help to make a registry of when people play?

For example, I play sometimes around 7pm EST, then usually pick up again (especially if tournaments needed) from 9:30-11:30pm

Kletian999
04-10-2013, 07:45 AM
Thread's alive again, woo! Another thought I had- can the Fullscreen/window mode button be added to the matchmatching screen, that's the screen I most want to hit that button on :)

Looking forward to hearing other's thoughts on the rank matching system, and/or building some unofficial play events.

Butters
04-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Good initiative.

Due to my location (Japan), I'm on at times between 23:00 GMT and 15:00 GMT, mostly on week days. I can be playing at pretty much any hour in that time frame, but the rest is sleepy time. Which kinda sucks because this is when most of the action happens, what with the Europeans coming home and a lot of the tournament action happening too. I also tend to play a lot around 9:00~10:00 GMT, which in my experience is the deadest time frame of all. At that time I usually get 1 or maybe 2 mismatched opponents multiple times in a row...

Evil Laughter
04-10-2013, 11:26 AM
An indication of who is in the queue would be great, but it might be a bit difficult with people who are in town because they can be swapping teams. Though you can at least indicate how many people are online

@Kletian999 you can swap between window and full screen mode at any time by pushing ctrl + shift + f

raven2134
04-10-2013, 11:48 AM
GMT+8 8pm -12 pm weekdays. Saturdays 10am-2pm, 9pm-12mn. Sundays 10am-12nn, 2pm-11pm :)

HeadOpener
04-10-2013, 12:36 PM
I am GMT based so can be on anytime between 8am and 1am GMT ;) depending on work/ what I am doing etc

Kletian999
04-10-2013, 01:05 PM
An indication of who is in the queue would be great, but it might be a bit difficult with people who are in town because they can be swapping teams. Though you can at least indicate how many people are online

@Kletian999 you can swap between window and full screen mode at any time by pushing ctrl + shift + f

Thanks!

On another note, for the less worldly, having some time translation tables would be helpful-
East coast US is GMT -4 (west cost -7)
Japan is GMT+9