PDA

View Full Version : Class Battle #4: Raidmaster vs. Backbiter vs. Thrasher

Slimsy Platypus
04-11-2013, 05:20 PM
The time has come once again and... YOU MUST CHOOSE! Which of these three bearded beauties is Factions favorite? Best choose wisely, or you may receive a corresponding Bloody Flail, Run Through, or... Stone Wall to the face (given the options, a Stone Wall sounds great!) Regardless of which of these mustached menaces would win straight up, which is your favorite?

http://s9.postimg.org/kcdmebdor/Raidmaster.jpg VS. http://s23.postimg.org/rydhf1i1z/backbiter.jpg VS. http://s12.postimg.org/f45vs6mtl/thrasher.jpg

Previous Results (If you haven't voted in a previous class battle don't fret, you still can!)

Class Battle #1 (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1430-Class-Battle-1-Warhawk-vs-Strongarm-vs-Warmaster): Warhawk has a slight lead, googley eye and all
Class Battle #2 (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1448-Class-Battle-2-Skystriker-vs-Siege-Archer-vs-Bowmaster&p=19422#post19422): Bowmaster ahead by a hair!
Class Battle #3 (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1488-Class-Battle-3-Provoker-vs-Shieldmaster-vs-Warleader): Provoker ahead by a smidgen, horns at attention

Shiri
04-11-2013, 05:29 PM
I wanna vote backbiter but I'm just not feeling it with those guys lately. RM it is!

Orath89
04-11-2013, 05:30 PM
BB is really fun to play, maim archers in one shot, great for break, with 3 exurtion is pretty much unstoppable and nobody is safe on the board. I used to use thrasher but they're not so fun and RM are only good defenders, so imho the most versatile is probably the BB. Thrashers are very versatile too, but they lack the ability to could get through enemy lines and scare everyone.

Astrom
04-11-2013, 05:53 PM
I love players who run backbiters... it isolates them half the time and makes for an easy varl kill. That's if they play them poorly, i've been spanked a time or two by good backbiter players.

Evil Laughter
04-11-2013, 06:05 PM
With that helm who could pick anything else?
BB, a rank 2 one catches people by surprise in a rank 6 game, think they're safe because they line up a varl in front of their archer and it goes far downhill from there.

Wordplay
04-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Go team Thrasher! Though lately I've been enjoying running 1 TH, 1 BB. Don't think I've lost to someone running a RM more than once or twice... steep learning curve to use them well.

GreenDread
04-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Really close between RM and BB... But RM it is, because I just enjoy it more to put him in some Warriors' face, stopping him from doing anything. Also he has a tendency to see the end of the match unharmed.

BB depends too much on bad positioning on the other side, at least for me. Though he's still the infantry guy to go.

raven2134
04-11-2013, 10:08 PM
ZROOOOOOM

-Anyonymous BB

(That says it all}

I like all 3 raiders, RM is my fallback, TH are my original favorites (despite their randomness, they've been a blast for me and have always suited my playstyle), but the BBs...That is just fun stuff.

Aleonymous
04-12-2013, 01:11 AM
I had to go for RM; I use 2-3, so it'd be unfair not to back them up. Their no-nonsense looks, their high-break and stonewalling ability makes them one of my favorite units in the grid.

hewnodinseye
04-12-2013, 04:28 AM
BB. even with nerf i fail to love less. hard choice to not choose raidmaster that always goes in with me.

HeadOpener
04-12-2013, 06:08 AM
I am a RM fanboi :) Although the zroom of a BB is fun I tend to lose when I use them as I play them for the kicks rather than the tactics and end up smushed lol

Tatski
04-12-2013, 06:27 AM
RM just has more uses, one of the best units for zone control, really good at turtling and ironically good units for engaging turtles.

Rensei
04-12-2013, 06:44 AM
Hardest one so far :(
Thrashers own endgame, compose well with "lets skip this guys armor and go straight for hp" and force the enemy to finish them off.
Raidmasters are great at blocking movement, baiting willpower and can often casually walk behind the enemy lines to take a first shot at key units.
Backbreakers are my current favorite - cool looks, cool animation and their ability boldly takes them to places no other raider has gone before, doing surprise blocks, surprise armor boosts and surprisingly big damage right from the start.

Kuba
04-12-2013, 07:19 AM
Cant decide between Raidmaster and Trasher. I use them both, they have their roles and their abilities are both useful.

Kriegsturmer
04-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Take my opinion with a grain of salt. I'm a rookie. But so far the RM is my favorite because of it's ability to disrupt the plans of my opponent and occasionally get off a good break in the opposite end of the "board" before dying. BB would be second because of the zroom and archer whacking abilities. Thrasher? Not too crazy about it so far but that might be attributable to my lack of experience. Jury is still out on him.

kgosser
04-15-2013, 01:37 PM
I think this game is really balanced. There isn't a clear winner, and it's more flavor of style.

Thus, as I'll state in the other class discussions, it really comes down to your ROTATION more than anything else. Therefore compare the rotation styles.

For example, I run

Raidmaster
Raidmaster
Provoker
SA
BM
Warhawk

It's pretty difficult to deal with that high break and stonewalling ability of the RMs. I just get them right in the middle, and control the board... just like chess.

To me, Thrasher serves one and only one purpose: to get off a bloody flail on a 13+str enemy before he dies. Thus, I don't run any.

trisenk
04-15-2013, 02:36 PM
To me, Thrasher serves one and only one purpose: to get off a bloody flail on a 13+str enemy before he dies. Thus, I don't run any.
You may hange your mind after my 8/12/5/3/1 Thrasher:
a) runs around your defence (7 range!) and smashes your archer in the face (potentially instakill: 12+3 = 7+8).
b) keeps your WM/WH in check thanks to higher maneuverability and and the same 12+3 hit threat.

Also he's perfect as a sacrificial lamb for luring out enemy units. And then there's the flail. I like my Thrasher :cool:

raven2134
04-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Flail is really good vs high armor archers, since running a 9 str RM is often not a good archer check