PDA

View Full Version : The Axeman (Rough)

Stoic
06-18-2012, 01:51 PM
http://stoicstudio.com/images/concept/axeman_rough_648x750.jpg

Download high resolution version (http://stoicstudio.com/images/concept/axeman_rough_2465x2853.jpg)

StandSure
04-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Just looking through these and I was really curious how this art is created. This one has the look of a really great bit of marker rendering...I was wondering if you do pieces like this by hand and then scan them in, or is it all digital? Do you use a tablet to do any of the input? What software are you using to create the art?

As a fellow artist, I'd appreciate any insight you could give to your process!

Guğmundr
04-10-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm guessing that the Banner Saga's art is all-digital, drawn exclusively with a tablet, using Photoshop.

Just a guess... I'm interested to know if it's correct!

Aleonymous
04-12-2013, 07:45 AM
I'm guessing that the Banner Saga's art is all-digital, drawn exclusively with a tablet, using Photoshop. Just a guess... I'm interested to know if it's correct!

Hi all. The in-game art does replicate the golden-age of animation (Disney etc), in something that seems rather easy to accomplish "digitally" nowadays. Nevertheless, there's bound to be some concept-art, you know, to give shape to the characters before their final form, and that's bound to be done in hand (ink, pencil etc). Even Mickey must have started as a photo-realistically rendered mouse, before he ended up in this "abstractly mousey" look! I'm not an artist myself, but I guess that's how you'd work. This raider... *thump* Aaarggg!!! ...sasgsgklkmmm... *gdoup*

Yth
04-23-2013, 10:00 AM
Somehow, from the way Aleon's post was cut off, I'm visualizing a raider breaking into his house and chopping at his computer mid-post.

Aleonymous
04-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Somehow, from the way Aleon's post was cut off, I'm visualizing a raider breaking into his house and chopping at his computer mid-post.

Dunno what happened there, nor what I meant to say... :confused: Guess one should proof-read his posts post-posting! Anyways, I edited the post accordingly ;)