PDA

View Full Version : Game responding slowly

roder
05-03-2013, 05:18 PM
I downloaded this onto my other laptop, and its not laggy in terms of connectivity (I'm not getting the Seas are stormy notice) but in terms of loading a fight and browsing through the town. It might be because my laptop is a relatively cheap notebook (1.6 Gz processor), but its pretty new and still slow to play the game.

is there any plans to have options to lower graphical load, in the MP game, or at least in the SP game? I love the art design in this game, but i wouldnt mind if it ran smoother on a crappier rig haha. Thanks

Aleonymous
05-04-2013, 02:58 AM
I've been having similar issues, on a relatively more powerful desktop PC (a Core2-Duo ~2.3GHz, 4GB RAM, HD4850 GPU), where the click of the mouse and the actual response is delayed by a relatively large fraction of the second. I'd be inclined to attribute these "UI lags" to the wireless connection I'm on. Dunno, but on the 30s timer it has cost me (along with my slow thinking! ;)) quite some missed actions...

netnazgul
05-04-2013, 03:12 AM
This runs quite laggy on my 5 year old PC, definitely requires a lot of quick video RAM to load those astonishing graphics :)

I can suggest trying to play windowed (ctrl+shift+F), so the game frame gets smaller thus increasing performance a bit

docjesus
05-04-2013, 10:51 AM
This may be common knowledge, but I saw a significant performance boost on this old piece of junk after I updated Adobe Flash. I thought I already had the latest version, given that I could watch Flash content (eg Youtube) online without any issues, but it turns out that Chrome runs its own variant of the software.

After I'd updated to the latest version, it was like night and day. If you're having problems and you're not 100% sure you have the latest version of Flash, it's worth a try.

trisenk
05-04-2013, 01:24 PM
my laptop is a relatively cheap notebook (1.6 Gz processor), but its pretty new and still slow to play the game.

If it's a Intel Atom or AMD E-xxx processor, then that is (at least a part) of your problem. They are closer in performance to today's smartphones than to normal PC processors. (I didn't actually look at the CPU load of TBSF, so maybe it works fine and you have some software issue)

The second thing is RAM - TBSF tends to eat 1-1,5GB during battle, which IMO is A LOT. (That's 2 times the amount taken by many today's AAA 3D console-conversion titles.) 3GB+ RAM is strongly recommended. I don't know how big is Adobe AIR's markup, but it's kinda funny that a game taking 450MB on HDD take's 2-3 times more in RAM :)

roder
05-08-2013, 11:42 PM
This runs quite laggy on my 5 year old PC, definitely requires a lot of quick video RAM to load those astonishing graphics :)

I can suggest trying to play windowed (ctrl+shift+F), so the game frame gets smaller thus increasing performance a bit

Good news! When I put it into windowed form, and resized the window to be a tad smaller, it actually ran 10x faster haha i wouldnt have thought such a small thing would make it run so smooth, but i guess that was the breaking point

netnazgul
05-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Glad it helped