PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Battering Ram over S&B no damage

roder
05-09-2013, 08:11 PM
I used batteringram on a WL, it passed over a WM but also passed over a coalfire but only took -2 armor without the -1str damage.

Here's how it looked like: (Using Rensei's program)

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6103/bugkr.png

I'm guessing the -1str didnt register because the WL passed over the WM.

Kletian999
05-10-2013, 06:32 AM
I know backbiters can avoid both fire and skystriker traps when passing through a unit, this might be a side effect of that processing. If my theory is right, since it'd be illegal to be stopped half inside another unit you could avoid skytraps this way too.

Aleonymous
05-10-2013, 07:28 AM
I know backbiters can avoid both fire and skystriker traps when passing through a unit

Oh, I hadn't thought of that. So, this happens when the coal-tile(s) and/or RoA-tile(s) are occupied, right? But, the Run-Thru does trigger such tiles when they are unoccupied, right?

Since it'd be illegal to be stopped half inside another unit you could avoid skytraps this way too.

Yeah, it seems that some sort of special rules should apply for varl-units (2x2). I understand your rationale about RoA (that involves stopping the Rammed-unit), but you agree that the no-coal-damage thing seems like a bug, right?

Kletian999
05-10-2013, 08:08 AM
I agree that an uncovered coal should damage a punted Varl, I'm just postulating it's an unfortunate side effect of the backbiters "pass through units" code.

Butters
05-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Kletian's analysis seems spot on.
The coals are an easy fix (just make the damage register), but how about RoA ? I'd say make the trap activate and do damage, but have the punted unit arrive at its destination anyway (it's not like you could end up with two varls mangled with each other anyway). Animation may look weird with rank 2+ RoA but it seems more consistent gameplay wise.

raven2134
05-10-2013, 11:08 AM
I found this and reported it to John some time ago. Thanks for the reminder. and I love the use of Rensei's tool here :)