PDA

View Full Version : Bug report: can't start a ranked game with level 7 party

catphive
05-14-2013, 12:23 AM
After the patch that happened today. I logged in, fought a single ranked battle. Then I promoted one of my units. This promotion brought me from level 6 to level 7.

After that, I tried to create another ranked match. The game refuses to let me start the match, even though I clearly have level 7. The image below makes the problem very clear.

The right part of the image gets chopped off by the BB, but you can right click and "open image in new tab" to see that my power level is 7.

my gamertag on steam is "catphive."

http://i39.tinypic.com/34g3v2t.png

thickenergy
05-14-2013, 12:41 AM
You can only do ranked matches at 6 and 12. From 0-5, 7-11, and 13-18 you have to do quick matches or friend matches. You can do the tournaments at 12 and only 12, since I've been playing at least. So not a bug, just the way the system works. I assume so that matches for rank are always against even level teams. The quick matches can match you against teams a little lower or higher in rank.

Guğmundr
05-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Yes, thickenergy is correct. Ranked matches used to be open to all power levels, but since it essentially created a separate queue for each power level, it meant that queue times were much longer. Now, having only two ranked queues alleviates that problem, while quickmatch still allows you to find a match fairly quickly, no matter what your power level is.

By the way, tournaments will stay at P12 for the foreseeable future.