PDA

View Full Version : Can't get any match maybe about connection problem?

havennight
05-14-2013, 03:12 PM
Hi,

I try to making some match in quick match mode and waiting about 30 min. Nothing happen just waiting and try to reopen my stream and restart my computer. For the first time I think I only one that have level 1 that why I can't get any match but I try to prove it. luckily Yth online and he help me to try in quick mode with his level 1 troop even in friend match mode. It still not working.

What I notice is:
- When I hit back button on searching match screen it show disconnect from server text box every time.
- In friends match making room I see my friends always offline (Yth) even he still online in game and I see he online in this game in stream window too.
- I can't chat in game my chat box show up but when I hit something in, it not show any word I put in. sometime it show some text from other and repeat it many time. maybe the last part just someone repeat it I not sure.
- When I quit the game my mac show it quit unexpectedly. Not happen in my PC. but the problem above is kind the same.

Sorry about my language hope you guy get what I want to say or I try to explain it later.
Thank.

raven2134
05-14-2013, 08:39 PM
Hi there. Your problem is most likely network related. Please try turning off your firewalls and anti virus or unblocking Factions/steam. If that does not help, try looking into your router settings if you're using one.

Yth
05-15-2013, 02:24 AM
From my side of things, I tried to start a game with havennight several times. We would get matched from the QM queue, I would see his team lineup and the map would load, but he would not connect to the game so I never got to the stage where I could place my army. After several minutes of looking at the blank map, I would get the message "havennight has fled".

I believe from his perspective the game didn't even load and he appeared to still be in queue for a match.

My best guess matches raven's, that it has something to do with firewall/router settings preventing the network from connecting properly. Steam friends chat was working fine, just not anything specifically within TBSF.

havennight
05-15-2013, 03:41 AM
I checking my firewalls setting on my PC and mac, It already turn off because I have an experience with other online game but not on stream server game. Not have any special setting for router maybe about port forwarding, I not sure about it and I will try but I don't know what port I have to use for this server. I not have anti virus program.

For now it look like I can connect to server for a few time, I see other people in chat box sometime and I can chat with them for a few time but it show up vary delay and I have to swap from queue screen and main screen to update my chat box. Sea of the network show up some time too.

If you have any suggestion please let me know.
Thank.

raven2134
05-15-2013, 06:57 AM
If it won't work on the machine you're using, you may have to try and see if it works on another machine, to isolate the problem.

havennight
05-17-2013, 06:20 AM
Thank you, I tried forwarding my port, It work but it disconnect many time. May be it disconnect when I waiting for match and I don't know, have to go back and come again. about chat box I don't know why I not update my conversation real time, I have to swap page to update.