PDA

View Full Version : Other games you play?

roder
05-16-2013, 06:06 AM
just wondering if you play any other PC games (looking for other turn-based or strategy)

vrolok83
05-20-2013, 08:46 AM
things i'm playing when not in tbs:

League of Legends (http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4cd223521f245556650472)
Civilization IV (5 was terribad) try the Master of Mana (http://www.masterofmana.com/) mod to turn it into a fantasy game
Borderlands 2
classic EverQuest on an emulated server (p99 (http://www.project1999.org/))

Alejandro Mackgyver
05-20-2013, 07:29 PM
FTL, Minecraft, Farcry 3

Aleonymous
05-21-2013, 01:07 AM
Not too many strategy games for me: Skyrim, Minecraft, PES 2013, Peggle.

Another game I played and really admired a while ago was LIMBO (http://limbogame.org/). A little dark-themed platformer/puzzle, but with truly awesome art design.

vrolok83
05-23-2013, 10:23 AM
nevermind

roder
05-29-2013, 09:34 AM
might check out FTL, used to play LoL for 2 years but the community was kinda bad lol

some strategy games im looking forward to are possibly Scrolls (studio that made minecraft), and Hex.

Butters
06-12-2013, 04:09 AM
Xenonauts. It's still in beta and quite rough around the edges, but it came to be finally near feature-complete and playable. It's way more X-Com than XCOM:EU was, so if you didn't like that one because it was "dumbed down" or something (I personally enjoyed it very much, to bad I couldn't finish the mod I was working on), Xenonauts is definitely the game for you.
So much stress, so much punishment, so many emergent stories with those poor little guys getting mowed downi by the aliens. It's leagues above the other X-Com homage/clones we had until now (OpenXCom, UFO:AI, etc). I'm having heaps of fun with it !

Also, in a quite different genre, Gunpoint. Awesome indie, very refreshing and amusing.

Just started out in Scrolls, the mechanics don't seem half bad. I'm kinda tired with the TCG model though (I had my fair share of MTG back in the day). Didn't get to PvP yet, it looks pretty good apart from the possibly tedious deck-building and "premium currency" you don't seem to get anywhere else than the real money store.

I'm also tempted to buy into the beta for the Mighty Quest for Epic Loot, anybody in there ? Thoughts ?

mindflare77
06-12-2013, 07:13 AM
FTL is what I've been playing on PC. Metro: Last light on 360. Will probably pick up borderlands 2 again when the new dlc drops (360 again).

Butters, what's the price point for Xenonauts? I loved XCOM:EU, and wouldn't mind some more similar game play... Do you like Scrolls? I only found one video of someone playing, and he was an idiot. I thought about picking it up, but am hesitant to pull the trigger without a demo of some kind. I feel like it'd work better as free to play if it's also got a real money store, but that's just me. Mighty Quest for Epic Loot looks great, went and signed up for the closed beta last night. Not sure if I'll buy my way in or not.

Butters
06-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Don't remember how much xenonauts was, probably somewhere around 20 USD. Fair, if you ask me.
Scrolls, it's too earlly to tell. I had just 1 PvP match, it was actually quite fun, but against a much better deck than mine, so that was a bit frustrating. A game can go on much longer than I expected. It was quickmatch though so I guess that just like Factions I'd have better luck finding a balanced match in Ranked. There are not a lot of possibilities in deckbuilding in the first few hours of play apparently, so that's a bit frustrating. It feels like it's steering me to the premium shop, which does not feel right as I have already paid for this game !

roder
06-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Been looking at E3 a lot these past days. Dunno if anyone is a console gamer but there's a few good games to look forward to. Been playing on my 360 lately, also going to try playing Guns Of Icarus again (airship battle game, think TF2 but in a ship floating in air haha)

Slimsy Platypus
06-14-2013, 12:16 AM
While on my recent travel stint I've been playing a ton of mobile games. On iOS all my time has delved into Star Wars the Old Republic, Warhammer Quest, and Kingom Rush: Frontiers. Those are all awesome!

Lately I haven't been available to keep up with my PC gaming, but I did play Mojang Scrolls (open Beta) real briefly (which is a sort of Turn Based Strategy / collectable card game hybird) and it definatley piqued my interest.

AnotherPersona
06-15-2013, 08:49 PM
I really want to play Scrolls, yet I don't have a debit card, buying pre-paid visas almost always screws me (not a valid payment option bullharky), paypal's verification process is so effin' redundant, they never verify me. Ugh.

FTL is pretty fun. Gunpoint is amazing, but you can beat it in 2 hours. I'd highly recommend Mark of The Ninja - fantastic game.

Some recommendations:
♫ Dust: An Elysian Tale (action-rpg platformer, all hand drawn)
♫ RPGmaker.net (a lot of free RPGs)
♫ Space Pirates vs Zombies - very fun space action game with nice manageability/customization.
♫ The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Hack'n'slash Dugeon crawler (Diablo/Torchlight like)
♫ Telepath Tactics - There are a couple of them, one in development right now, the one before it, can;t remember the name right out, but it's an SRPG.

If I think of anymore or come across some new ones, I'll post 'em. :)

Butters
06-16-2013, 05:55 AM
Telepath Tactics I am very much looking forward to. The previous that's already out has some nice things but is a bit "cheap" ; the production value on the upcoming one seems much higher.
SPaZ didn't click for me, but the concept is cool and the writing seemed quite fun.
Van Helsing I found a bit underwhelming. It has a nice system and some good ideas, but the abilities seem very limited in the end. I hear ranged in particular is underwhelming ; that's what I had been playing, so maybe melee is more interesting.
I also can get behind Mark of the Ninja, it's a really cool game.
Talking about ninjas, the good old flash game N+ has been re-released recently in v2.0, and it's still awesome, in a throw-your-keyboard-against-the-wall kind of way...

roder
06-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Does anyone play other turn based strategy games similar to Factions?

Some turn-based greenlight games I voted up that I'm looking forward to:
Just Tactics
Worlds of Magic

AnotherPersona
07-02-2013, 06:08 PM
I recently got my beta key to CardHunter (http://www.cardhunter.com/) and I am hooked. It's rather excellent, Turn-based Card-battle Grid-based. You can sign up for a key whenever - they give them out randomly (500 a day). I waited 4 months for mine, some people get them within a week, others have waited more than a year :( - Random. Seems like more people get them before their birthday (I got mine, and you see a lot of posts about it on FB)

This is an excellent Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/turn.based.tactical.games/397000597078051/?notif_t=group_activity) group dedicated to Turn-Based Strategy. And another excellent website for TBS is TBSTactics (http://www.tbstactics.com/).

Deadpool is rather fun, more for the story. The fighting is fun - but gets old.

GreenDread
08-03-2013, 08:53 AM
Hey! The new Humble Weekly Sale (https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly) includes the King's Bounty Games. Are the games any good from a TBS-viewpoint?

netnazgul
08-03-2013, 01:13 PM
King's Bounty is "Heroes of Might and Magic" without cities. Or, if to follow chronological line, the opposite, cause KB was a predecessor to HoMM.

roder
12-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Hmmm been playing chess while I was away from Factions, went from 800ELO to 1400ELO (online) haha I thought that was pretty good progress.

I just came across a really interesting turn-based strategy game called Dogs of War, its in closed beta on steam, but its looking really good in preview. Really can't wait for Saga Chapter 1 though :)

EDIT: Just got into Dogs of War closed beta on steam haha just sent a msg to the admin on their forums and they replied back with a key :)

kila
01-15-2014, 12:54 AM
Final Fantasy
Diablo3 (http://www.live4mmo.com/diablo-3-gold)
Guild wars2
Fifa-14

gotthammer
01-15-2014, 08:45 PM
Games I play that are either turn-based or strategy (or both):
- The Banner Saga :D
11 hours in. loving it so far :)

- XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within
EW makes it better...but the game could be better. That said, I'd still recommend it. I hope there are more updates/expansions, esp. if it brings it closer in line to the original.

- Civilization 5
The core game is so-so (I think my favourite is still Civ2), but w/ the Gods & Kings and Brave New World expansions, the game is improved enough, considerably, to call it "good", IMHO

- Empire: Total War
Bugs/stability issues aside, it's still the largest Total War game in terms of scope (even if I wish that there were more territories/states. I mean, France being just one territory?), and it's been much improved by mods, particularly DarthMod. I like it better, overall, than Napoleon.
Shogun 2 is also good, but I prefer Empire's setting more. I think my "dream" Creative Assembly project would merge Paradox's Europa Universalis w/ Total War's battle engine...

- stuff I play from time to time that's installed: Crusader Kings: DV (primarily 'cause of the westeros/ASoIaF mod) & CK2, Europa Universalis III Complete, Hearts of Iron Anthology (Kaiserreich mod), Wargame: Airland Battle, STORM: Frontline Nation, Warlock: MoA, Theme Hospital, StarCraft 2: HotS, Hearthstone and maybe some other stuff

Really wish I had more time for Crusader Kings 2...I keep buying the DLC during Steam sales, but I barely touch it :P

Non-strategy/turn-based stuff that's installed and which I play frequently or from time to time (in no order):
World of Tanks, Mechwarrior Online, Battlefield 3/4, The Witcher 2, Assassin's Creed 3 (should've finished it already, but AC4 won't run despite exceeding recommended specs, so I took a break), Remember Me (pretty game, wish it allowed for more freedom of movement/exploration), Dead Space 3 (for co-op fun), some MMOs (LotRO, SWTOR, GW2, etc.), Ni No Kuni (PS3), Dragon's Dogma (PS3), DUST 514, thinking of playing through the Uncharted games again, etc.

What I'd recommend:
For turn-based (other than, well, Banner Saga lol) : XCOM: Enemy Unknown w/ the Enemy Within expansion
Non turn-based strategy: Starcraft 2 WoL/HotS
Non strategy: The Witcher 2 :)

...oh. I remembered RPGs. Fallout and Dragon Age: Origins and great stuff like 'em. Hope you all got the older Fallout games when gog.com was giving 'em away. lol.

Morte
04-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Finished my second playthrough of The Walking Dead yesterday.

Still not able to hold back those manly tears. :(

John
04-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Kentucky Route Zero is wonderful story based game, one of my favorites last year.

franknarf
04-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Well, roder himself is playing Aerena, a multiplayer only tactics game. You have to pay to get in the beta (though I got it in a pay-very-little bundle), but it will be F2P later. Fun stuff.

Hoplite for mobile is pretty great. And I've been playing Oasis, that really old Civ-lite; and FTL again, since it was just expanded recently.

Argail
04-06-2014, 06:49 AM
Has anyone played 'King of the Dragon Pass' and would take a chance in comparing it with the Banner Saga? I am quite curious about how it plays. :)

franknarf
04-06-2014, 10:03 AM
@Argail:

KoDP is more replayable, since it has more writing, randomness and choices, in both dialogue and strategy. On the strategy layer, you interact with many citizens of your village, not just the warriors and make "research" and "resource management" decisions that are not found in TBS (except "rest or don't").

In exposition before and after choices, KoDP slowly describes a thoroughly thought-out fantasy world and Viking-like culture (that was designed before the game... look it up on wikipedia).

There's no tactical combat, but there are a few dialogue choices made for battles.

I haven't played it far enough to reach a win condition, so maybe others here know more.

Argail
04-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Sounds really quite interesting. I also like the aesthetics, so I might give it a try. Thanks for sharing your experiences franknarf! :)

Rymdkejsaren
04-08-2014, 05:37 AM
Kentucky Route Zero and The Wolf Among Us are great story games. I am currently playing newly released Age of Wonders III, which I cannot recommend enough for people who love the TBS Fantasy genre (Heroes of Might and Magic, King's Bounty, Master of Magic). Age of Wonders was always my favourite series and the third game is no disappointment (thank you Notch for helping out with funding development of the game!).

NEO Scavenger had me enthralled for a while and I just finished a playthrough of Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall which is good for the story, although the game mechanics could have been deeper and more enjoyable.

Yellow
04-08-2014, 06:52 AM
I am not really playing much lately, but i can still suggest you guys a few good tittles that are "relatively new" that i currently have installed and still enjoy a lot from time to time!

FTL: Faster than Light (http://www.ftlgame.com/)

State of Decay (http://undeadlabs.com/about-state-of-decay/)

Mars: War Logs (http://www.mars-thegame.com/)

The Witcher (http://thewitcher.com/witcher1/)

The Witcher 2 (http://thewitcher.com/witcher2/)

Firefall (http://www.firefallthegame.com/en)

Loadout (http://www.loadout.com/)

roder
04-10-2014, 11:46 AM
Haha yes I did bump into franknarf yesterday in AErena, under a different username xD We played a few battles before i added him and found out he was franknarf haha

I've been mostly playing AErena, but I am excited for the upcoming Shadowrun Online, which is created by the same company that made AErena. ATM it is in early access and from the looks of it it looks too very early alpha, so I am going to wait and see for a more polished version to come (cant be too sure with Early acess games)...but squad-based games are my favorite! :D

Aleonymous
04-10-2014, 03:08 PM
I've been mostly playing AErena...

Do you know when will the game leave the "Early Access" and go full-public? Has the playerbase increased any?

roder
04-11-2014, 12:11 AM
Do you know when will the game leave the "Early Access" and go full-public? Has the playerbase increased any?

The playerbase increases every 2 months, because they are regularly resetting a new competitive season, so new and old come back. But tbh, not too many people are interested in buying into early access, let alone buying into a free-to-play game xD especially $10 for f2p game. but I gave you, AP and smom a free key worth that $10, so thats not an issue haha

Not sure when it will go public, possibly summer. If you're waiting for a finished good product, I would definitely wait for release, because by then they will have ironed out the bugs and there will be a much bigger population (usually f2p games have huge folllowings in the first few months). That is what I'll be doing for Shadowrun Online. I'm just in it right now for the community, and the devs are the most active, they do patches every few weeks and I play with them on a regular basis lol plus I need a turn-based game to play on my spare time xD

Aleonymous
04-11-2014, 02:51 AM
But tbh, not too many people are interested in buying into early access, let alone buying into a free-to-play game xD especially $10 for f2p game. but I gave you, AP and smom a free key worth that $10, so thats not an issue haha

I feel kinda bad about that, but Steam-Punk is not really my thing :o Comparisons to Factions were also inevitable, without a clear winner (apart from style/theme). The playerbase seems to have its up-and-downs but it is growing -- http://steamcharts.com/app/247830#All . I think that Factions beta would have been similar, right?

roder
04-11-2014, 06:33 AM
I feel kinda bad about that, but Steam-Punk is not really my thing :o Comparisons to Factions were also inevitable, without a clear winner (apart from style/theme). The playerbase seems to have its up-and-downs but it is growing -- http://steamcharts.com/app/247830#All . I think that Factions beta would have been similar, right?

Haha no worries, a gift is a gift :D Yeah, I don't know what it is, but there is a huge boost in population for every F2P game that releases on steam xD I think people just like free things. But they are trying to adopt an Leagueoflegends-style model, where everything is free but they release champions regularly so thats how they make money regularly on long-term, on ppl who just like to buy with real currency. I feel like Stoic didn't really make Factions as a money-maker, and if they did, well..imagine the fan uproar xD

As for the Factions beta, I have no clue how the really early stages went, according to our forum join dates, we came around the same time (you being 1 month earlier :P)

franknarf
04-15-2014, 07:48 PM
In my recollection, the pattern was similar for Factions, going up and down with updates, but the numbers were a lot higher (a few dozen online at any given time and a few hundred early-accessers in the week or two after the final wipe and before the public launch, at which point it actually got on the charts (http://store.steampowered.com/stats/) briefly).

The Aerena community is small, but I guess it's big enough for the beta phase. It has at least one person becoming well-known for dominating the competition; writing a guide and discussing design and strategy; and recording videos (like Tirean, raven and everyone in Factions' early days).

Regarding the steampunk thing, I'm not really digging the floating metal platforms, but the varied character designs and idle animations are really cool. I think the real weakness is the name; "Aerena: Clash of Champions" is so generic.

roder
04-15-2014, 10:08 PM
The Aerena community is small, but I guess it's big enough for the beta phase. It has at least one person becoming well-known for dominating the competition; writing a guide and discussing design and strategy; and recording videos (like Tirean, raven and everyone in Factions' early days).

Regarding the steampunk thing, I'm not really digging the floating metal platforms, but the varied character designs and idle animations are really cool. I think the real weakness is the name; "Aerena: Clash of Champions" is so generic.

Hehe, I am actually thinking it's a throwback to League of Legend's subtitle name, Clash of Fates (which no one ever knows, and they dont use it anymore, only beta players would recognize it). Since they are trying to follow LoL's f2p model, im guessing they borrowed something else too xD

The best thing about AErena are the devs. They're constantly active, especially their community manager, and constantly playing everyday. The winner of the first alpha season, was given the opportunity to make his very own unit idea in the game (he named it after his wife, and it's coming pretty soon). But it's been my experience, that indie devs are either really awesome, or never interact with their fans at all bc they are so swamped ^^

Aleonymous
04-16-2014, 01:31 AM
I think the real weakness is the name; "Aerena: Clash of Champions" is so generic.

Hehe, talking about names, imagine how "Banner Saga" would feel to someone who (1) was plagued by online-advertizing, (2) was familiar with games likes Candy Crush Saga! :D Luckily none of the above applied to me, so I never noticed anything weird about the title (I am not a native speaker either, so subconscious nomenclature issues rarely bother me)

(a)The winner of the first alpha season, was given the opportunity to make his very own unit idea in the game...
(b)...indie devs are either really awesome, or never interact with their fans at all bc they are so swamped ^^

(a) That is actually a pretty awesome idea! It would have also been cool as a KS reward. I think Stoic only game Godstone & Item designs to backers.
(b) True! :D

Morte
04-16-2014, 06:02 AM
Not much time to play right now but there's always some time for a Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer match. ;)

loveboof
08-12-2014, 03:39 PM
There's a new paradox game that most of us will probably quite like (Viking themed), called Runemaster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_J0PlLw-vI

Maybe worth following :)

Aleonymous
08-19-2014, 05:55 AM
There's a new paradox game that most of us will probably quite like (Viking themed), called Runemaster:

Thanks for the heads up, loveboof! I was following this game, but hadn't noticed this "update" from GAMESCON 2014 (yet). I definitely like it; the full-3D/CG is not a "must" for me (I much prefer hand-drawn graphics), but the world/theme feels right...

Rymdkejsaren
09-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Divinity: Original Sin was good and now Wasteland 2 is around the corner which should be excellent. I tried the early access of Invisble Inc. which is promising to be a really interesting TBS tactics game I can recommend.

For less story and more hack'n'slash I play Strife. which is the first MOBA-type game I've managed to draw any type of enjoyment from. They have done away with a lot of the redundant (imo) mechanics and the game is better for it. It is free in open beta at the moment, if you want to try it out feel free to use my referral link: https://strife.com/create?raf=4ST3URTM which will give us both some goodies if you sign up and play.

Aleonymous
09-09-2014, 08:46 AM
Divinity: Original Sin was good and now Wasteland 2 is around the corner which should be excellent. I tried the early access of Invisble Inc. which is promising to be a really interesting TBS tactics game I can recommend.

I am also highly interested in D:OS and WL2, but they're too expensive for my budget at the moment; maybe when they reach half-price (in a year or so?). Invisible Inc. also looks pretty cool, just not into stealth so much...

In my "buffer" there's currently Transistor (http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/transistor) (and XCOM...), while I am also waiting on two more games: Apotheon (http://www.alientrap.org/games/apotheon) (a platformer/RPG coming out "SoonTM") and Hyper Light Drifter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1661802484/hyper-light-drifter) (a top-view action-RPG; I bought into its closed-beta, also "SoonTM", via their HB widget). I might have mentioned those two in the past, maybe in this same thread :o

Rymdkejsaren
09-09-2014, 08:56 AM
Transistor cannot be anything other than good, considering the quality of Bastion, and I will get that at some point. I also play lots and lots of Blood Bowl which is the online version of a brutal american football board game set in the Warhammer Fantasy universe. It is not for everyone. Randomness is high and games can be utterly frustrating when you lose your persistent players (your best player can literally trip and break his neck if you are really unlucky), but if you stick to it you will learn a lot about managing both risk and anger. :)

JackJammer
09-15-2014, 08:06 AM

hui looks very interesting so far, maybe finally a game that will be a worthy succession for heroes of might and magic 3 :D

SirCritic
09-21-2014, 07:20 AM
I've started to get into Point and Click adventures this year. I've played all the ones by KingART Games.

Right now i'm playing Expeditions Conquistador. Now i'll copy and paste an incoherent comparison of The Banner Saga and it from the chat!

I must admit at this point I think i'm enjoying Expeditions Conquistador more the The Banner Saga. Though, not by much. I have more issues with the That game than with The Banner Saga. But it just seems to interest me more. the writing is better, The way characters interact with each other is more interesting and feels more.... alive. But The banner Saga has more heart than Expeditions Conquistador game to me. Also, the combat in The Banner Saga is better, albeit less polished.

On the topic of characters I'd pretty much put them neck to neck. The banner Saga follows a more cinematic way where the background of characters are fleshed as it progresses. Whereas in Expeditions Conquistador. You have a decent sized bio on the characters because there are many options of character to bring along, You have to choose who to bring along before the game starts which i found interesting. You actually have to strategize who to bring because people in the party may or may not hate each other.

A good thing about the characters in both games is that I instantly felt something about the character. There deaths or absence actually make you feel something. either good or bad. I must admit the villains in Expeditions Conquistador are better though. albeit less "showy". A character like Onef, yeah you hate his guts after he does a massacre of the caravan and betrays Rook and co. But the Serpent, you actually think is awesome and badass! Bellower is not much different from you. Your running from him, he's running from.... something. So he doesn't seem entirely evil. though that may be intentional.

In Expeditions Conquistador. All the villains seem realistic and they all have goals that right from the get go you have to choose to oppose or support. You yourself can be a really bad guy if you wish it! You can be Racist, rude, aggressive, and evil! It seems more ambiguous than in The Banner saga. while in The Banner Saga, you can do bad things and make immoral decisions. you'd never consider any of the POV characters terrible people under any circumstances.

Storyline wise is like comparing a TV series to a Film trilogy. The Large scale and Hollywood showyness of The Banner Saga works much better in its case than it would for Expeditions Conquistador with it's broader scope and more depth.

That's all I really have to say on that matter! They are both quite good! The Foliage in Expeditions Conquistador is annoying as hell though. Can barely see anything!

Rymdkejsaren
12-10-2014, 05:50 AM
Chaos Rebron (http://store.steampowered.com/app/319050/) just hit Early Access. It is squad-sized turn-based strategy. Currently the game is very limited (mp matches only) but it is very polished and promises a lot more to come. You play a wizard trying to defeat other wizards, but the ways to win are very varied (and based on your staff type). Some like to summon chaotic demons and skeletons, some like to summon lawful unicorns and some stay neutral. Some prefer to boost themselves with magic armaments and throw themselves into battle.

There are several mechanics that make it quite different, and to me, very interesting. Although it is squad-sized tactics, you win if you kill the enemy wizard. There are no hitpoints, only percentage chances. If you succeed in hitting someone (or something), they die. So it is very much a game of risk management, which may not be everyone's thing. All actions have percentage chances, but the interesting game-play emerges from how you can manipulate the percentage chances of both yours and to an extent your enemies chances of succeeding different actions. If you want to learn more check out the site, but for people who are tactically inclined and are not scared by percentages, I can heartily recommend it, even in it's current early state.

stoicmom
01-20-2015, 12:24 PM
Our Warrior Friend swiffty, has developed a game and here is the steam link to check it out!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=377705267&searchtext=
Enjoy!!

Væringjar
01-22-2015, 01:29 PM
Civilization V is pretty good game with Expansions.

Blackguards is really good game. It's turn based, Hex Grid game and you are totally free to dress your characters.

Good Old, Age of Empires 2 and 3. Still enjoying.

Knights of Honor extremely cool game. 3 eras (Early, High and Late Medieval) numberless factions, diplomacy, wars and many more...

And of course Skyrim! The legend. Probably, the most fantastic game I've ever played.

Yellow
01-22-2015, 06:21 PM
In adittion to my previous list:

FTL: Faster than Light (http://www.ftlgame.com/)

State of Decay (http://undeadlabs.com/about-state-of-decay/)

Mars: War Logs (http://www.mars-thegame.com/)

The Witcher (http://thewitcher.com/witcher1/)

The Witcher 2 (http://thewitcher.com/witcher2/)

Firefall (http://www.firefallthegame.com/en)

Loadout (http://www.loadout.com/)

I am also playing :

Infested Planet (http://www.rocketbeargames.com/infestedplanet/index.html)

Banished (http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/game/)

Hegemony Rome The Rise of Caesar (https://www.longbowgames.com/rome/)

AirMech (https://www.carbongames.com/airmech/home.html)(still on Early Access)

Bound By Flame (http://boundbyflame.com/)

Between the two list you have a good mix of genres such as RPGs, RTS, Arena Shooters, MMOs, and Simulations... all very good games on their own, and also most of them being "Indie" titles.

Aleonymous
02-03-2015, 03:24 AM
The past few days I've been playing Apotheon:

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/208750/header.jpg?t=1422564264

It's a 2D-platformer action-RPG, where you will: fight meanies, explore, complete mini-quests, loot, level up your gear, craft consumables etc. The story setting is in ancient-Greek Mythology and the visual style is inspired from pottery designs of the ancient-Greek age. It is VERY well executed, and true to the aspects of mythology, unlike other games like God of War or TV-series like Xena, Hercules etc. And all that is coming from a Greek, mind you! :o The mini-quests and boss-fights I've played so far are all very aptly adapted to the lore and are diverse and fun. For example, to appease the goddess of hunting, Artemis, you must explore the forest and hunt/kill several prized and hard beasts; to appease the netherworld god, Hades, you must fight through hordes of undead and do some death-defying heroic stuff.

It's coming out on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/208750) today (and PS4 too, I think). Here's the trailer:

9dhfsg1waxk

Yellow
02-03-2015, 07:16 PM
This week i have been spending quite some time in Grey Goo (https://www.greybox.com/greygoo/en/), an "Old School" RTS, with a catchy sci-fi lore and settings. Seems well done and well balanced considering it just came out.

InGenious
02-04-2015, 02:22 PM
Can anyone even see this post?

burrsalem
02-10-2015, 03:11 PM
Been playing some Wasteland 2, FTL and Far Cry 4. Also really excited for Bedlam. Kickstarter game that uses the Banner Saga engine. It's sort like an FTL roguelike with Banner Saga style battles.

Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skyshinegames/bedlam)
http://www.gobedlam.com/forum/

stoicmom
07-07-2015, 08:49 AM
The game that I play as much as Factions is Journey (Austin Wintory composer). This game comes out on July 21 (this month!!) on PS4. I am thrilled to see more extraordinary beauty from the creators (thatgamecompany) and this is a cross over from PS3. Hope you have the opportunity to experience this unique game.

stoicmom
08-08-2015, 03:55 PM
https://scontent-atl1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11260499_891314244238815_6978290492189653429_n.jpg ?oh=41b389591ec27c667f3f2542feb7dd89&oe=567E1550

Hoping I did this correctly . . . It works on my side :D My granddaughter drew this for me for Mother's Day. As I mentioned above, Journey is a very special game to me. She could not have given me a greater gift <3 The flower is an easter egg found in Journey (taken from Flower) that TGC also made. The cloak figure is what each of us becomes as we travel the sands and snow of Journey. The names surrounding the flower are those with whom I have traveled that are active on the TGC forums. Hope to meet you in Journey one day :)

Aleonymous
08-14-2015, 12:48 PM
https://scontent-atl1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11260499_891314244238815_6978290492189653429_n.jpg ?oh=41b389591ec27c667f3f2542feb7dd89&oe=567E1550

Hoping I did this correctly . . . It works on my side :D My granddaughter drew this for me for Mother's Day. As I mentioned above, Journey is a very special game to me. She could not have given me a greater gift <3 The flower is an easter egg found in Journey (taken from Flower) that TGC also made. The cloak figure is what each of us becomes as we travel the sands and snow of Journey. The names surrounding the flower are those with whom I have traveled that are active on the TGC forums. Hope to meet you in Journey one day :)

Cute :) There should also be a grandmother's day :D I assume she did it "digitally", i.e. on a tablet and not scanned from some paper, eh? Ah, the new generation! :rolleyes: TGC and Flower and Journey-related people/communities?

stoicmom
08-14-2015, 01:53 PM
:D Her art work is free hand on a post card she sent to me on that special day. I copied it and a friend on the TGC forums put the names and her art together :) 'Twas a perfect gift to make one such as me very happy!!

Barbra Hudson
01-11-2017, 10:00 AM
I got over Minecraft a long time ago and I have not had anytime to sit and play for long.

Deg
01-24-2017, 11:30 AM
If you're looking for turn-based strategy, I'd recommend XCOM: Enemy Unknown, FTL: Faster Than Light, and Civilization V (or VI). I've also heard good things about Massive Chalice.
Lately I've been playing Obduction (from the creators of Myst) and some Rocket League!

Jeremy25
04-11-2017, 06:04 AM
Minecraft and league of legends.

Ratatoskr
04-19-2017, 03:53 PM
Game sales are my nemesis. I have all kinds of games that I bought because they were on super sales and I still haven't had the time to play.
I had to quit Kickstarter for the most part for similar reasons.

Aleonymous
04-20-2017, 03:42 AM
It pains me to see all the unplayed/unfinished games in my Steam Library :( Now trying to complete "Ori and the Blind Forest" which was a gift from a friend, so I felt obliged to move it higher in my backlog priority; it's really nice actually, and I enjoy action platformers! :D

About KS games -- Still waiting for a handful of those, Saga3 at the bottom of that list.

Ratatoskr
08-22-2017, 09:34 AM
I still have way too many games I haven't finished. It's a problem. But someday...

Iuliana
08-22-2017, 11:50 AM
Other games I play? ShadowRun series. Loved them since the Sega Genesis version.

About games piling up: I have a habit of not buying more games if I have unplayed ones in my library.
And also, a rule that I must draw at least 1 piece of fanart after I finish the game - just to make sure that I'm not wasting my time in vain :D

Aleonymous
08-23-2017, 02:35 AM
Other games I play? ShadowRun series. Loved them since the Sega Genesis version.

About games piling up: I have a habit of not buying more games if I have unplayed ones in my library.
And also, a rule that I must draw at least 1 piece of fanart after I finish the game - just to make sure that I'm not wasting my time in vain :D

Thankfully, The Banner Saga games got more than a few fanart pieces from you ;)

scalefive
11-07-2017, 09:43 PM
I play Minecraft and Shadow run series too:)

Dulwitch
01-31-2018, 04:38 AM
Far too many :) I'm way into Wurm unlimited atm. Love the build what you feel like aspect of it :)

addisonsophia
04-06-2018, 02:32 AM
Basically I love to playing COUNTER-STRIKE.
But it always has been for this series,the greatest way to learn where you should have gone, what you shouldn't have done, and how you could have done better. Counter-Strike players spend a lot of time learning -- consequently, they are always getting better.

studmanic
07-10-2018, 12:19 PM
One of those game junkies too, sadly. Whenever those Steam sales come around or a sale at my local game shop, I basically end up buying a ton of games I don't even have time for. But if we're talking about other games you're 'currently' playing, then it's State of Decay 2 for me. The occasional PUBG as well but the frequency of that has dwindled of late.

Degreedyone
07-29-2018, 12:14 PM
big fan of Divinity Original Sin 2 and PoE right now

how
09-28-2018, 06:45 AM
I playing Fercry3

sameozz
11-01-2018, 01:30 AM
I am playing clash of magic. Its really amazing game:)

Yellow
11-07-2018, 10:20 AM
Latelly i have gone back to play some Total War: Shogun 2(RTS), after not playing it for almost 7 years, its still a great game, probrably the best in the series in a lot of regards, at least for those who prefer the historical tittles over the new fantasy ones.

Being also playing Blackwake, and Deep Rock Galactic, both indi multiplayer games, one focusing on co-op pvp and the other one on co-op pve, both are great and tons of fun!

Other than that would recomend trying This is The Police and/or This is The Police 2.

diziriki
11-13-2018, 08:34 AM
Fortnite Battle Royale.

hente
12-06-2018, 05:54 AM
i'm playing euro sumilator 2

vindikated
03-23-2019, 02:00 AM
Try Apex. It's fun!

avensis
03-23-2019, 05:25 AM
I love euro sumilator 2.
The first was already very nice, but the 2 is better.
A game that will not please everyone, on the other hand it puts us in the shoes of a "real" driver and that's very pleasant.

Erica
04-23-2019, 01:53 AM
I was so overwhelmed by the number of great games released in 2018 so I decided to play some older games, which I already knew, like Enclave and Styx. I also love to revisit Garry's mod, which is still a thing in 2019. Just check a review at garrysmodsandbox.com (https://garrysmodsandbox.com/) for yourself.
I'm also a fan of classic Fallout games, I can finish the first two games in a few hours.

RogerRog
05-10-2019, 09:08 AM
I love Watch Dogs and GTA

Hellbent2000
06-01-2019, 07:51 AM
I love the Disciples franchise. Too bad they have butchered the third part so much.