PDA

View Full Version : BattleSyncData Divergence detected

glraven
05-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Dear Members of the dev team,

I am certainly not making complains about such an amazing and free game. However, I would like to kindly inform you that I got kicked out of a game after receiving the "BattleSyncData Divergence detected" message. It's the first time ever that it happened, and I just want to know if other players have experienced the same issue!

http://postimg.org/image/mcki5aqlh/

Aleonymous
05-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Never heard of it (until now!).

Kletian999
05-24-2013, 12:39 PM
I've definitely seen threads with that message before posted by other players. Seems to be a pretty rare occurrence though.

Guğmundr
05-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Hey glraven,

Thanks for reporting this bug. Do you happen to still have the log file? Those are very helpful for John to try to determine what made this happen.

This was much more common during beta, happening in quite a large percentage of matches. John made several fixes, which made it a much rarer occurrence, but it still happens from time to time.

Some relevent threads from the beta phase:

battlesync data divergence (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?312-battlesync-data-divergence/)
Battle Sync Divergence Error Bug (stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?466-Battle-Sync-Divergence-Error-Bug)
Getting battle turn divergences again (stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?603-Getting-battle-turn-divergences-again)

EDIT: Moving thread to Factions Help & Support...

glraven
05-26-2013, 05:37 AM
Dear Guğmundr,

Sorry~ how can I access the log file. I'm sorry, but it was a few days ago. I'm not too sure if I can still find it, but I'll give it a shot :-)

glraven

p.s. sorry for posing under the wrong category

Guğmundr
05-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Sorry~ how can I access the log file.
Log files are located here:

Mac OS X: $HOME/Library/Application Support/TheBannerSagaFactions/Local Store/logs/
Windows: %HOME%\AppData\Roaming\TheBannerSagaFactions\logs\

(Note: the AppData folder is hidden by default. Depending on your OS, there should be an option in the View menu to "Show hidden items".)

Currently, there is a maximum of 10 log files stored at a time, labeled A-0 through A-9. When a new log file is generated (which occurs when the game is terminated in any way), it gets placed in A-0, bumping the content from A-0 to A-1, the content from A-1 to A-2, etc.; the content from A-9 gets deleted.

So if you have logged into Factions less than 10 times since you got the error message, you should still have the log file from that session.