PDA

View Full Version : Rensei's new project

Rensei
05-29-2013, 03:16 PM
http://rensei.webs.com/bannerquest.swf - current version

http://rensei.webs.com/better_manager.swf

http://rensei.webs.com/manager.swf

UPDATE 7:
- following Mr & Mrs Kletian advise all matched groups are now being destroyed together, creating potential for some wicked combos, and following the Bejeweled rules more tightly.

UPDATE 6:
- following K_B's advise the enemy is now getting his points only AFTER You are given Yours, instead right after the move - if You are one move from death You can win with last epic move.
- leveling system (well the very basics of it)
- new buttons (some are missing text, how do You like them?)
- You now CAN train with Aleo... or can You?
- testing confirmed that H formation is also properly recognized and destroyed
- pretty sure I managed to fix two more things following people's advises but I am too tired to thin O_o
- Hodor!

UPDATE 5:
- container file added, You can battle opponents on 3 difficulties (click on Khaleesi, then on one of 3 buttons) and visit Butters villa for a chance to get some items (click on Butters villa).

UPDATE 4:
Better manager. (DO TEST IT! ^_^)
- totally rewritten sweeping/destroying code now finally detects L, T and cross (and any others, should also work for, for example H, though I have yet to achieve it) shaped X/Y axis combinations instead picking just one.
- old point counting formula didn't work well with current system, so now it's ((number of gems destroyed/2) - 3 + combo counter) making it more lucrative to try and get more gems blown at once.
- exertion score moved near the shield, I think it will stay there after some tuning.
- death animation reworked.
- a little moving around on the bottom part resulted with bigger and more visible info box.
- found the mighty horn from Factions in a png format - am tempted to use it ^_^ (wish I've found it while working on the banner map) - maybe 5 resurrection options to give it another try after defeat?

UPDATE 1:
=> Ikea wood somehow made it into yet another production;
=> stats adjusted, loot/experience rewards and turn counter added (it is now harder to win, You can now compete who won faster and with more loot);
=> combo system added (for every drop resulting from Your move the combo counter grows by 1, adding 2xcombo_counter points to next color);
=> colors now follow the basic TBS:F rules:
- 10 armor gives +1 current armor (if it is already at max, the max armor number is increased instead)
- 10 str does a standard str attack (compares str and armor, rolls dice if needed and deals damage)
- 10 willpower gives 1 willpower
- 10 break reduces the enemy armor by 1
- 10 special does 1 str dmg ignoring armor BUT only if the attacker has willpower to spend

OLD POST:

Well, here it is. Basically I'm planning to turn it into some kind of Puzzle Quest game, where You pick one class and battle enemies by playing bejeweled with them :)

For now, every 10 "gems" of one kind will only do damage to the enemy, but later on I am planning to give each different function (10 armor will increase Your armor, 10 break will break the enemy, 10 willpower will add willpower, 10 str will do a str attack, following the saga rules etc. etc.).

It's my solution to the long queue times :)

stoicmom
05-29-2013, 04:39 PM
You, again, have outdone yourself. THANKS:cool:

Slimsy Platypus
05-29-2013, 08:17 PM
This is really cool! Now I can use two of your tools while streaming (this one is perfect for waiting in queue!)

AnotherPersona
05-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Oh Em Gee. Neat. Way to be, Rensei, way. to. be. :o ♥

Aleonymous
05-30-2013, 01:40 AM
Awesome, again, Rensei. Thanks for complementing the game with aaaall those mini-applets.

You next project should be something like playing tetris with the bodies of fallen vikings!

It's my solution to the long queue times :)

Huzzah! Especially after yesterday evening's "stormy-seas" or whatever that was.

Rensei
05-30-2013, 04:49 AM
You next project should be something like playing tetris with the bodies of fallen vikings!

(●ω`●)ゞ This is getting creepy.

The name "manager" comes from the original idea: "Vigrid Manager" (You create and manage a team of vikings taking part in the Vigrid Tournament, trying to get to the top) which I dropped (think I'll try it in Java later on) in favor of... "Valhalla Manager" (the bodies of fallen vikings arrive to Valhalla in different shapes and, well, You basically have to play tetris with them - once I did the drop down loop, I realized it can be used it's a solid base to give "Puzzle Quest" a go. I wanted to try it ever since I saw all the break/str/etc. icons in one line).

SeraphimLoki
06-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Khaleesi gains 22 yellow points (3 base + 0 length + 19 combo).

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2878/8913214766_80392910e2_o.png

Aleonymous
06-01-2013, 10:22 AM
After an epic battle o... 94 turns!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99633386/TBSF_RenseisManager_Victory.jpg

Suggestions:
(1) After sniping (purple icons), the WP should decrease
(2) Exertion: This could fill another buffer, that adds +N (N=[EX/10] tiles you've captured) to whatever you're attempting (when you fullfill 10 tiles), provided that you have the WP to use it. For example, +N to STR damage, +N to your ARM increase, +N to AB, +N to snipe-damage. Of, course, after such an act, the WP is depleted, but not the EX-buffer.

Rensei
06-01-2013, 11:29 AM
(1) It does, it even says so in the combat log. I am pretty sure I tested this one quite a few times and it acted as intended.

I'll look into this. Should the willpower be not subtracted again, please give me a shout.

(2) This is the plan more or less (I was thinking about taking both exertion and willpower away for such a boost) :]

As You can see the core mechanic makes it all super random. I am trying to make it at least a bit more tactical - all ideas are welcome.

Aleonymous
06-01-2013, 12:50 PM
(1) OK, you're right. It works as it should. It was just that I had so many WP and nothing to do with them!
(2) Cool, it will make it better!

Another suggestion for making the battle less random (a KLUDGE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kludge) solution):
When its the "derp's" turn to play, he doesn't get a pack of three pieces of random color. Instead, we takes three random tiles of the same color from the board, while he also profits from the combos generated when they disappear. No need to be adjacent tiles, cuz I guess that this needs an AI to be developed (heavy!). So, you're askingm which color-tile does he take? Well, make it a less random choice, for example the most (or least) abundant color on the board, at the time of his turn.

Orath89
06-01-2013, 07:14 PM
I've got him too! :)

Rensei
06-02-2013, 07:57 AM
http://rensei.webs.com/manager.swf

New update:
- the game now checks for matching gems along bottom-right (was right-bottom) this is the way it should be in the first place but might result with some long combos O_o
- exertion is now used to boost armor and str attacks, the game checks for exertion and willpower and burns highest equal number of them to bolster the amount of damage done. Derp can use it too but only for armor attacks.
- Khaleesi now starts with 3 exertion and 3 willpower.

Testing and opinions plz. Also - any idea where to put the exertion number? Current position (next to green points) is temporary.

SeraphimLoki
06-02-2013, 08:12 AM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2886/8923946458_e94edba31e_o.png

This one is from after up-date.
Makes me a champion righ^^?

Kletian999
06-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Feedback, I really wish my exertion wasn't used when I make a low probability Strength (<60%) attack.

It's completely possible for the opening "chain effects" to make a strength attack (at 30%) before you even make a move; then all your will is gone- if this happens you'll probably lose. Maybe exertion can only be applied to the color tile that you moved to start a combo?

It seems like Exertion is the most common color while will is the rarest, I'm constantly out of will and getting wasted purple combos unless I make forced moves to get yellows together.

Aleonymous
06-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Works great, and is a little bit easier than the previous. Nevertheless, when the derp gets the two or three +3STR packs early on, Khaleesi is doomed :(

any idea where to put the exertion number? Current position (next to green points) is temporary.

Since the mechanic of WP/EX is similar, perhaps you could split the "star" atop the banner in two?

Kletian999
06-02-2013, 05:32 PM
I actually like the Exertion where it is, putting it in the star will make it harder to see which is will and which is exert unless you recolor half the star.

AnotherPersona
06-02-2013, 05:38 PM
I've lost every time! It'd be cool if when they linked up like

xxx
x
x

It cleared both up and sideways.

Rensei
06-02-2013, 05:49 PM
http://rensei.webs.com/better_manager.swf

Better manager. (DO TEST IT! ^_^)
- totally rewritten sweeping/destroying code now finally detects L, T and cross (and any others, should also work for, for example H, though I have yet to achieve it) shaped X/Y axis combinations instead picking just one.
- old point counting formula didn't work well with current system, so now it's ((number of gems destroyed/2) - 3 + combo counter) making it more lucrative to try and get more gems blown at once.
- exertion score moved near the shield, I think it will stay there after some tuning.
- death animation reworked.
- a little moving around on the bottom part resulted with bigger and more visible info box.
- found the mighty horn from Factions in a png format - am tempted to use it ^_^ (wish I've found it while working on the banner map) - maybe 5 resurrection options to give it another try after defeat?

Kletian999
06-02-2013, 10:22 PM
The combination
XXX
ZOOO

Will sometimes clear the bottom row first, invalidating the top row of 3.

Rensei
06-03-2013, 10:20 AM
They should. A t least thats how Puzzle Quest handled it. Go from bottom and destroy them one by one.

Also - http://rensei.webs.com/bannerquest.swf - new version ready for testing.

Alex
06-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Holy moly this is awesome. You know, we had an idea for a Banner Saga match 3 game a while ago, oddly enough. I'd love to give more feedback but we are friggin swamped right now. I will keep an eye on this!

John
06-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Awesome :)

Kletian999
06-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Could use a new game/town button on the win screen. Wanted to Screen shot my 7/8 armor, 7 strength to 2/-4 victory over medium guy but it disappeared too fast. Wish I had that kind of luck on Derp Vader.

The game is swimming in exertion tiles (part of my super victory was getting less of them than usual so my purples weren't wasted). Will you be adjusting the spawn rates at all?

Kletian999
06-03-2013, 12:20 PM
After losing a hard battle: the town view was "shifted" showing the Deep Forrest to the left (1380 total exp) while Buttersville was cut off: a bug?

Nevermind, apparently there is screen panning and I just discovered it.

Rensei
06-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Holy moly this is awesome. You know, we had an idea for a Banner Saga match 3 game a while ago, oddly enough. I'd love to give more feedback but we are friggin swamped right now. I will keep an eye on this!
Those icons looked like they were meant for a match-3 the moment I saw them all in one line ^_^

Also - hope I didn't mess up Your plans. I am already feeling bad about using Your gorgeous artwork (especially after the assets were removed from steam folder :(). Should You feel I crossed the line just tell me.

@Kletian999: Roger roger! Thanks for the input. I was having trouble communicating between two swf files so I was happy with whatever I got, also I haven't yet found a suitable button background (current buttons are just temporary).

Rensei
06-03-2013, 12:43 PM
After losing a hard battle: the town view was "shifted" showing the Deep Forrest to the left (1380 total exp) while Buttersville was cut off: a bug?

Nevermind, apparently there is screen panning and I just discovered it.
Wait till You discover the sun! :]
And yeah - moving mouse around the edges while in battle moves the screen - will have to get that fixed, not only can You end up in different place after a battle, but it's also eating resources.

Thanks for testing <3

Kletian999
06-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Going back to an older comment, the
XXX
ZOOO

single matching. Yes Puzzle quest might do it that way, but I'm pretty sure Bejeweled doesn't. Ultimately it's your decision as the developer, you can make it work either way, just know that this particular tester and his wife were annoyed when it happened :).

I also think there should be a cap on miss chance, seeing -30% chance to hit is just demoralizing. So far, it's been extremely rare outside of easy mode to actually make a Str-Arm>1 attack.

Kletian999
06-03-2013, 01:20 PM
When Strongderp breaks my armor with Exertion, it says I did it.

Aleonymous
06-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Wow! I'm in the game too! :) That's a great honor! :o However, I need to get some more XP and loot to train with myself...

PS - Loved the "Fus Ro Dah"! ;)

Orath89
06-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Not even you're up to your own standards, Aleo :)
By the way what are the xp and coins for?

Rensei
06-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Late night update:
- following K_B's advise the enemy is now getting his points only AFTER You are given Yours, instead right after the move - if You are one move from death You can win with last epic move.
- leveling system (well the very basics of it)
- new buttons (some are missing text, how do You like them?)
- You now CAN train with Aleo... or can You?
- pretty sure I managed to fix two more things following peoples advises but I am too tired to thin O_o

InfiniteNutshell
06-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Are you sure that's what Puzzle Quest did? Maybe we played different versions. (I haven't played non-Puzzle Quest Bejeweled games either)

In the version of Puzzle Quest I played, both the Xs and the Os (more generally, all the matches on the board) would clear at the same time. The gems fall only after everything possible is cleared (possibly creating more matches and causing this process to repeat).

Kletian999
06-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I never played puzzle quest, so I was giving Rensei the benefit of the doubt.

Butters
06-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Last version is pretty awesome - and not just because there's my name in it ^^
Couple of quick bugs : buttons to confirm/close after going to Stoicmom or Aleo show no text (for me at least). After going to Aleo and going back to the mansion, the Background of the Aleo button dissapears which looks a bit weird.

Regarding the simultaneousness of combos debate, I haven't been playing PQ in ages so I can't talk about that, but my general sense of match3s in general is that combos are usually simultaneous (as Nutshell describes it). That would feel more natural to me. I'm fine with the current system though, now that we have Ls and Ts.

Also, taking hints for PQ, how about having the different "attacks" selectable instead of being activated automatically when the counter reaches 10 ? Timing attacks is a big part of the strategy in PQ, AFAIR. That would also solve the frustration most have encountered of a random combo making you do a break attack with all your EX and WP while you were going for a STR attack. Each button could glow when the counter reaches 10, and the player can click it to launch the attack. Come to think of it, it would actually be relevant only for STR and ARM attacks and the Snipe ; the rest can safely stay as it is.

Rensei
06-04-2013, 03:11 AM
I just watched a video of Puzzle Quest gameplay - I was so sure I remembered it correctly, but it really IS taking them all down at once :( My apologies.

This is bad for me. On one hand I want it to be as enjoyable as possible, make Mr & Mrs Kletian (and InfiNut and Butters) happy and with the new system I could do it, on the other I was sure the board of Puzzle Quest was bigger, while it is also 8x8, with my 6 kinds of "gems" compared to their 7 we are looking at some possibly unending combos - You guys think it's worth giving it a shot? Come to think of it that WOULD promote smart play.

About launching attacks - it would certainly be less random, but I didn't want to copy the whole PQ system. Also - wouldn't that make everybody just amass huge amounts of AB then finish the enemy in one blow?

EDIT: I was actually considering it because that's the way PQ does it and sometimes, when a combo is long enough You get more than 19 points of one color resulting with 11/10 or something. Right now it just stays there until You get even the smallest amount of the color again (and its fine with me - makes this certain color temporarily more valuable, but with the activation it would be more natural - thoughts?).

The buttons for message confirmation haven o text on them yet, Aleo is <SPOILER!> running away with Your gold </SPOILER!> so I needed to disable the option to visit him again. It's a quick and dirty solution - I agree :]

Again - thanks a lot for input and wonderful ideas.

Aleonymous
06-04-2013, 03:25 AM
...wouldn't that make everybody just amass huge amounts of AB then finish the enemy in one blow?

Hmmm, its true that the ARM/STR/WP/EX/AB (henceforth dubbed "ASWEA", or RASWEA if we add the Rank up front) system is a little "too simple" when in duel mode (1-vs-1). Dunno how this can be compensated.

Aleo is <SPOILER!> $&%*&^*&$^&%#&*^$^ </SPOILER!> so I needed to disable the option to visit him again.

Whaaaaa?!? Come on Rens, having all those visits was such an... enriching experience for me! :cool:

Rensei
06-04-2013, 03:32 AM
(henceforth dubbed "ASWEA", or RASWEA if we add the Rank up front)
How about we add the R last? I-SWEAR the biggest threat to SPECIAL.

Aleonymous
06-04-2013, 03:42 AM
How about we add the R last? I-SWEAR the biggest threat to SPECIAL.

Cooler, and honorable sounding :) Not like the show-off name "special" (its the fallout system, eh?)

EDIT: On second thought, swear=curse too (apart from taking a vow). So, it's a double-edged name :)

Butters
06-04-2013, 05:13 AM
Re: launching attacks, I was thinking to make it "cap" at 1 ready attack - any points collected with an attack ready is wasted, so you can't just stack attacks and then unleash them all at once.
Another game you can look at for inspiration besides PQ is Tiny Token Empires, which was also pretty awesome.

Kletian999
06-04-2013, 08:02 AM
The rebalance of appearances is greatly appreciated. It feels "right" that Exertion is now limiting whether I make a multipoint hit instead of willpower. Armor still seems low enough that you never get more than 2 points in a game, I don't know exactly what your goal is there.

Wasted snipes are way down, but now it seems snipes are underpowered. Spending 1 will for 1 damage is usually looked down upon, and even if not, that's a Bowmaster's job, not a Skystriker! I think it'd be cool if the Skystriker snipe made the enemy not gain points that turn, than you could make a Siege archer character that takes 1 str and 1 break with her special. Maybe the bowmaster could stay 1 point normally, but get a reduced form of puncture effect on it (4 break= extra 1 damage). Even Strongarm could do something cool with his snipe, taking away armor and partial point from whatever bank is highest to simulate having to regain your position.

I don't think the higher level enemies should start with (that much) exertion. Previously, Derp vader killed you when he got 3 Reds unless you could miraculously land 2 4 point breaks and a series of red hits, or miraculously get lots of snipes without wasting will on exerted misses will he raised anything but Red. Now KB can either kill you with 2 Reds, or he gets 2 Greys and you have zero armor ensuring you'll never get his str low enough to avoid a oneshot.

As to whether "attacks" should be activated- I definitely would prefer the ability to not make wasted Strs or get a but more exert before making a break in some form. This game doesn't let you wait too long between making Break and Str attacks if you want to live and sometimes you use all the break icons you have available until you make other matches. I certainly would hate to lose out on a massive windfall combo- maybe storing more than 1 attack worth could cost more (10,15,20) or the storage cap was 30 instead of 19..

Rensei
06-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Ok, so I did it. They are being destroyed all at once.

Initial run marks matching groups as targets, then calls itself, marking targets if there are some, and launching the destruction procedure if all are marked. Then comes the filling in and the whole thing goes back until there is no more filling to be made. Then it lets You play.

From the testing I did, combos don't seem to go crazy (I mean the initial once went up to 14 but it can also be just 0).

Now I need You guys to test it. And test it hard (especially on slower and ultra fast machines). Go launch it vs insane losing quickly and observe the initial drop behavior:
- are all groups destroyed correctly?
- do the new ones fall only on top of the column, not between old ones?
- is a column with more than one part of it destroyed (like, looking from the bottom: gem, blank, gem, blank, blank, blank, gem, gem) collapsing properly (and completely) and then filled on top?
- are the new gems (and the gems the were between two or more gaps) recognized correctly (can You move them around? can use them to create new matching groups?)?

I did some heavy testing and it all looks ok, but I really want to make sure the "manager" part is polished before moving on to the "quest".

Rensei
06-04-2013, 08:33 AM
The rebalance of appearances is greatly appreciated. It feels "right" that Exertion is now limiting whether I make a multipoint hit instead of willpower. Armor still seems low enough that you never get more than 2 points in a game, I don't know exactly what your goal is there.
10 blue either refills broken armor (if missing), or increases the max (if at max), so You need 20 blue to actually gain something (+1 max, refill). This might feel too slow, but seeing how You can only break armor in small chunks I don't want to give anyone the ability to get it too high.

Wasted snipes are way down, but now it seems snipes are underpowered. Spending 1 will for 1 damage is usually looked down upon, and even if not, that's a Bowmaster's job, not a Skystriker! I think it'd be cool if the Skystriker snipe made the enemy not gain points that turn, than you could make a Siege archer character that takes 1 str and 1 break with her special. Maybe the bowmaster could stay 1 point normally, but get a reduced form of puncture effect on it (4 break= extra 1 damage). Even Strongarm could do something cool with his snipe, taking away armor and partial point from whatever bank is highest to simulate having to regain your position.
The snipe is just temporary. I was planning to give more abilities to choose from as You gain levels. And I will definitely let You choose Your class (one of the basic 4 and then specialize at level 10 for example).

Also, Khaleesi is NOT a skystriker! She is the mother of dragons :]

I don't think the higher level enemies should start with (that much) exertion. Previously, Derp vader killed you when he got 3 Reds unless you could miraculously land 2 4 point breaks and a series of red hits, or miraculously get lots of snipes without wasting will on exerted misses will he raised anything but Red. Now KB can either kill you with 2 Reds, or he gets 2 Greys and you have zero armor ensuring you'll never get his str low enough to avoid a oneshot.
The harder enemies are supposed to be a "gear check bosses" - with every level You will get +1 to stats (probably depending on class) and quests/shops will give You items that make fights easier (ring that gives the initial drop to You, amulet that reduces the required points to 9, instead of 10, armor that gives You bonus red point every time You gain more than 3 red points etc. etc.).

They are not meant to be killed by level 0 heroes (though I am SURE one of You will eventually make it and become a scary monster).

As to whether "attacks" should be activated- I definitely would prefer the ability to not make wasted Strs or get a but more exert before making a break in some form. This game doesn't let you wait too long between making Break and Str attacks if you want to live and sometimes you use all the break icons you have available until you make other matches. I certainly would hate to lose out on a massive windfall combo- maybe storing more than 1 attack worth could cost more (10,15,20) or the storage cap was 30 instead of 19..
You don't lose out on any combos - the storage has no limit, so if You are at 9/10 red and then do a crazy combo that results with 35 red, You will have 44, make an attack, and have 34/10 left. From there, even the smallest gain of red points will trigger an attack (making red points even more valuable). Getting just 3 red afterwards will increase the pool to 37, trigger an attack and leave You at 27/10 from where You have at least 3 more sure strikes.

Of course I am willing to change it to make more attacks in a row straight away, or let the player trigger them.

As always - thanks a lot for sharing Your thoughts <3

InfiniteNutshell
06-04-2013, 08:55 AM
This is great Rensei! Your game is getting better and better : )

My only complaint at the moment is that the win/lose sound effects are too over-the-top.

Arnie
06-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Very cool. John and Alex were playing it up at work yesterday. If Chapter 1 ships late it's YOUR FAULT!

Kletian999
06-04-2013, 10:52 AM
I know the current system has no max for storing windfall points; I was saying though if it changes to a manual attack system and it's proving too imbalanced, you could implement one of those methods to bring it down.

Kletian999
06-04-2013, 11:26 AM
In 10 games vs KB, 2 of them opened with a 10 and 13 chain respectively. The rest tended to be 4, but I had one game with no opening and 3 with less than 2.

Complex shape matching seems to work as I'd expect. Seems like armor is actually present enough to make a difference, which I like. Break and Str tiles seem to be a bit rarer in response but that's not bad. Exertion tiles seem a bit more plentiful than last version and my will and snipability suffered.

Yth
06-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Rensei- if you get the chance could you add a volume control or on/off option?

Rensei
06-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Exertion tiles seem a bit more plentiful than last version and my will and snipability suffered.
You know? I had the same feeling during the test trials, though I swear I didn't mess with the pre-dropping mechanism O_o

Volume control? Hmm no idea how it works... but then again same goes for the rest of the app :] Will dig into into it tomorrow.

Are the sounds generally too loud and bosses shout at You for not working or is it just win/lose ones (like InfiniteNutshell noted)?

Tirean
06-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Rensei- if you get the chance could you add a volume control or on/off option?

I second this option. I find all the sounds generally on the louder side of things.

Rensei
06-05-2013, 01:59 AM
Quick fix before I go to work - the slider below XP bar (bottom middle) should now allow You to control the volume of all sounds. It should also be able to remember where You left it between sessions.

Now that I think of it - it would probably be better to put it into "manager" part :/

Butters
06-05-2013, 02:20 AM
Quick question - could this work on mobile (Android?). There are apps that run most of the swf out there. I tried with manager but get stuck at 0% loading. Maybe there's a process there not adapted to a mobile environment ? I have no idea how difficult it would be to make that work, but I know it would be mighty cool to play this on the go !

Butters
06-05-2013, 02:26 AM
Double post, sorry.

mindflare77
06-05-2013, 07:04 AM
@Butters, I've got a Galaxy S3,and the first link (banner quest, I think?) works fine for me without downloading anything extra that I know of. Haven't tried the managers yet.

Rensei
06-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Same here. The mobile opera can't open it, even after installing adobe flash player, but the built in browser works... well decently (can rotate it and zoom in, but hitting the gems still can be troublesome if You want to see at least the whole board, also things like swipe could be implemented in).

I could add some swipe and phone shaking actions in and export the manager alone as an apk file, but have currently no idea how to utilize smartphone pluses best (time is kinda short too :/).

To my delight, even on my lousy phone, where things are noticeably slower the cleaning and dropping functions do their jobs.

Butters
06-05-2013, 09:35 AM
I forgot to simply try in a browser, silly me :/ I guess I'm too used to mobile Chrome which does not support Flash. I bet it would play just fine on my big-ass phone then ! :)

StandSure
06-06-2013, 10:48 AM
One constructive criticism I would offer is that there should either be a tutorial or a basic page of directions. I am a veteran of Puzzle Quest and other match 3 games, but when I first started it wasn't really clear what was going on...like I was questioning for a minute if I was Strongderp or Khaleesi. And then it took me a good while to figure out how the matches I was making affected the "battle." (I'm still figuring it out. I get that as you fill up to 10 in the categories you trigger an attack or boost.) So some kind of guide would make the game a little more accessible, I think.

Nice work; this is an impressive project!

Kletian999
06-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Looking forward to future content now that the matching is simultaneous.

RobertTheScott
06-23-2013, 01:51 AM
This is really cool. Though once we have future content, it might be useful to be able to save games.