PDA

View Full Version : Unit Familly Grid

Aleonymous
06-01-2013, 05:14 AM
Hello!

I'd just like to share this image I've made. It's not my art (it's in-game material), but I've put some effort in it. Is is the "family grid" of all units currently available in Factions. The base-classes are presented in the first column, the master-classes in the second, and the rest of the promoted classes in 3rd & 4th columns.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99633386/TBSF_All_Units.png
You can view the image in a larger-size (right-click >> view image etc). It is 1440x1840 so it doesn't fit the forum-width.

A Note on Colors -- All promoted ranks are in the 3rd color-variation, the one you can't buy with renown. Note how the colors of all base-classes (brown) & master-classes (white/gold) match? That's also the case with the 3rd column: SA/TH/PK/WH (red). However, in the 4th column, the SRM breaks the color-theme used by SS/BB/WL (blue). How so?

How? -- It was made from F12-snapshots of the Proving-Grounds >> Unit Abilities. I did some editing to get the letters off, apply the standard game-frames and name the units (using the game's font-set, Vinque).

SeraphimLoki
06-01-2013, 06:03 AM
quite usefull. BUT i was thinking about those color shames, and there is one thing that bothers me.
THere is a full "red" team a full "white" team. But only one unit from blue team (BB) and 2 unit from violet[wl/ss(?)] team. Thats just the way i categorize those units. You guys think that tehre is something bigger about those colours?

Aleonymous
06-01-2013, 07:21 AM
You guys think that there is something bigger about those colours?

It's the color coding experts (or the devs!) who should reply to this question. I'm just reminding you that there's still one unit missing from each type: Eagle-Eye/Grudge-Wielder/Champion/War-Dog, respectively. Perhaps those new units will fill-in the missing pieces in this color puzzle... :rolleyes:

raven2134
06-01-2013, 08:25 AM
V ery cool presentation. I'm bringing this and Space Ghost's thread to the devs!

Slimsy Platypus
06-01-2013, 08:30 AM
It's so cool to see all the units together like this. So excited to have a caravan full of these bearded beauties! Aleo, you have brought joy to my heart by putting this together!

And regarding color schemes... more Green! The green/orange Warhawk variation is my favorite, and it's blasphemy to play a Thrasher by not letting those luscious locks fall atop a green tunic!

Arnie
06-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Very cool, Aleo, and I love the framing you put them into with the lettering and colors. You make us look good.
As far as colors are concerned we did not build their colors with the intent of making 'color teams', but we are rethinking that and may some day add more colors to their palettes so players may do so.
Thanks for posting this!

Aleonymous
06-02-2013, 04:05 AM
I love the framing you put them into with the lettering and colors. You make us look good.

I don't make you, you DO look good. :)

As you nicely put it in SpaceGhost's picture review (about "difficulty being to hold back on pointless detail"), it's the "putting less that makes it seem more" in your stylistic approach.

The art put in this game is highly inspiring and, frankly, there's not 1 in 100 that will say that the art is not the very first reason to come play! (Was that too upside down? :o Well, I meant that 100% of people I meet state that the art is the first reason to play!)

As far as colors are concerned we did not build their colors with the intent of making 'color teams', but we are rethinking that and may some day add more colors to their palettes so players may do so.

There's some more color-codes evident with the promoted units. For example, the greens (TH & WH), the oranges (SM, RM, SA), the beige (BB & SRM) etc. In my opinion, its not really meant as some "underlying connection" between the units, but it's fun to have each faction sport its proper colors! :)