PDA

View Full Version : Slystriker Puncture not working correctly

Esth
06-17-2013, 08:09 AM
I have noticed in some of my own games and in this recorded game,http://www.twitch.tv/butters_tbs/b/417854074, that skystriker sometimes gets puncture on rain of arrows even when she moved on her turn. In the video an SS moves forward at 7:50, places RoA, and thrasher is provoked into it at 8:40; taking puncture damage. I have seen this occur outside of provoke cases as well.

Aleonymous
06-17-2013, 08:22 AM
Hello Esth,

I believe its your TH leaving the shield-wall shared with the RM&BM (i.e. his armor drops from 6 to 3) that causes you to take the extra damage, and not some puncture-bug. The same happens in this (http://bannersaga.wikidot.com/unit:skystriker) example, where, however Puncture applies:
http://bannersaga.wdfiles.com/local--files/unit:skystriker/skystriker_RainOfArrows.png

PS -- I loved the paraphrase sLy-striker :)

Esth
06-17-2013, 08:47 AM
damn i think youre right (not my game btw). i know ive seen this bug though, will have to reproduce it myself.

Aleonymous
06-17-2013, 09:02 AM
This shield-wall thing is quite tricky. I figured it out fast, because some days ago I was just about to start a bug-thread about AB-attacks not working on SW'ed characters. For the record, my inquiry was resolved at the chat-room by some fellow-players.

So, the lesson was this: The ARM of shield-walled units (Raiders or other units adjacent to Raiders) cannot be reduced below the SW bonus. For example, if a 0ARM Raider is next to another Raider, he gains a +2 bonus thus going at 2ARM. Now, attacking this Raider for Armor-Break yields a zero-AB damage, no matter how much your AB stat or WP you expend...

, but I talked about it with

Esth
06-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Ok, I have been able to confirm it in the case of puncturing your own units
notice that my SS has moved and deals 4 damage with RoA versus 8 armor. The WL was just to speed things up slightly, forge is not necessary to produce the bug.

EDIT: I really should have done it without the forge ahead, all i can say is that using it on the SS is not necessary...will try again later or someone else can try it.

AnotherPersona
06-17-2013, 09:44 PM
But your SS gets puncture regardless of whether she moved or not when it comes to RoA, and was the armor maxed out on that SM? If so, you have to take the -2 = 1 puncture dmg into effect. So if he had 16 Arm, 8/2 = 4, so it would be 3, I believe, plus the normal 1 dmg.

Honestly Esth, nothing is wrong here. It's always been like this, and her RoA always having puncture makes sense, since it comes raining down. Forge ahead/You using your own unit makes no difference, now had your SM had only, say, 14 or 12 base armor, it would've been 3 or 2 dmg. Hope that helps. :)

Esth
06-17-2013, 10:27 PM
ACTIVE ABILITY: RAIN OF ARROWS. Select one tile on the board. The Sky Striker will fire into the air. Any enemy who walks over the trapped tile will get hit by the arrow, doing normal strength damage and stopping them in their tracks, making them lose the rest of their turn. It gains the Puncture bonus if the Sky Striker does not move beforehand.

quoted from a beta thread, but i dont recall it being changed

AnotherPersona
06-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Yea, it doesn't say that anymore, Esth. And she's always done Puncture after moving w/RoA. I've played since it was released publicly. Run a PK/SS build using that idea w/puncture all the time, you can see it a lot on Twitch as well. You'll just have to learn it and adapt. :)

Aleonymous
06-18-2013, 01:53 AM
So, in your example, your "forced" the RoA down earlier (on an ally unit) by Forging-Ahead the SS? In this example, surely the 4STR damage the SM gets can be nothing else than Puncture (considering the SM started with 14-15ARM).

Esth, this does seem a little broken to me, i.e. I'm not sure about AP's "RoA always gets Puncture". There's countless of cases when: (1) SS moves and then sets the trap, (2) trap is triggered by an enemy with broken-armor, (3) enemy takes only normal damage. (e.g. here (http://www.twitch.tv/butters_tbs/b/417845713) @9m30s and @12m55s). I don't see an underlying regular game mechanic behind this weird damage, and I think this "bug" has something to do with a combination of:
-- [a] RoA falling on an ally,
-- [b] RoA falling down un-triggered (only in this case can it hit an ally)
-- [c] Forging-Ahead the SS.

In its "normal" usage, i.e. [a] RoA on emeny + [b] triggered by movement + [c] no FA involved, I've never seen something weird with it.

Kletian999
06-18-2013, 07:25 AM
Rain of Arrows is only supposed to get Puncture if the SS didn't move the turn she fired it. When it hits someone because it's falling on her newest turn it's likely registering she didn't move "That turn", the turn it's falling. Thankfully, that circumstance can only hurt your own allies, so it's not exploitable.

roder
06-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Wasn't any puncture in the first video. just r2 RoA

Also as far as I know, puncture only deals when you dont move beforehand.

Forge ahead didnt really help your example because now you're introducing another ability mechanic into the equation. if you want to test it out fully you can add me on steam and we can do it via custom match, but i dont know if this is a bug.