PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Stormy Seas disconnection counted as defeat in Ranked-Match (?)

Aleonymous
07-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Hello,

Here's my story: During a ranked-match (here (http://www.twitch.tv/aleonymous/b/433770547) is the twitch-recording), I got the stormy seas problem. The game eventually disconnected me from the server, throwing me back in Strand. I logged off, and after a server reboot, I logged back in, I didn't check HoV and went straight for another ranked-match, where I lost. Then, I checked my ranking and found that I'd gotten something like a 40 elo-point drop. Is it possible that the crash counted as a defeat?

The max elo-change is still K=+/-32 (per match), right?
I'm pretty sure the opponent I played against during the crash was relatively new, something that would justify such a big elo-drop.
On the match I lost, I was matched pretty fast with the opponent, meaning that we were at close elo-ranking; so, I'd expect a ~16 elo-point drop.
My win streak confirms that the crash counted as a loss.

I don't mind the lost points (:o ok, just a little, cuz I was getting close to 1300!), but I am curious if the opponent also got it as a defeat. I also believe that if something like this happened in a Tourney, on a Sunday, we'd have blades bared! :cool:

Do you need any log files/reports to nail this?

Best,

--Aleonymous