09-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Video with John Watson at this year's Fantastic Arcade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy0Raj1QC3M

stoicmom
09-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the video John :D

Slimsy Platypus
09-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Wow, really cool insight on Stoic's original approach and how Kickstarter impacted it in a nice compact bit. I'm soooooo glad you guys decided to make this game. This IS the game I've been waiting for ever since falling in love with the turn based genre which really got me into gaming in the first place.

Another thing I noticed, at 3:49 one of the dredge units abandons Iver (Varl) to go up and strike Alette (archer). In the previous Let's Play videos it seemed like the AI favored hitting Iver over all the other units. In Let's Play 5, we see Alex bring his Skystriker right in the thick of 3 or 4 dredge, and during the combat in Let's Play 5, it appeared they favored Iver as a target rather than the Skystriker. Perhaps the AI changes or there is a random factor in AI targeting. Can you tell I am obsessed with every little tid bit of the Saga that gets exposed :)? I'm so excited for the game! Keep on chugging Stoic!

Aleonymous
09-26-2013, 04:43 AM
Thanks for the video. It gave some more glimpses of the unique art and the battles and put some things straight(er).

I agree that promising a shipping-date is always bad, as promising anything is actually bad. Why? Because it ties one to his word, and those with honor stick to their word... I don't know how "pestering" is the average KS backer (to whom your "obligations" are heavier), but this community won't get angry if you miss by a month or two. Heck, such small delays might even help boost the activity in the forums and Factions for all I know, waiting for the main dish to be served! :D

Kuba
09-26-2013, 05:41 AM
Nice video. Looks like Arnie and Alex are having good time in background while John is doing interview :).

Rodick
09-26-2013, 06:34 AM
"If you put out a bad game its a bad game forever" That is well said and sadly its true!

InfiniteNutshell
09-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Great interview John! Thanks!