PDA

View Full Version : Include subtitles please!

Veta
11-02-2013, 11:58 PM
You guys should definitely put in subtitles wherever there's spoken dialogue!

I'm deaf, and I get frustrated very easily when I'm not able to enjoy a game as fully as any other person, and that includes subtitles during cutscenes. I noticed that Fractions lacks subtitles, last time I checked. I just recently purchased Ace Attorney V - it doesn't have subtitles in its cutscene and it did indeed get me frustrated since the series has been my long-time favorite.

It would indeed be a very VERY good idea to include subtitles in while you guys are working on the game, and not afterwards. It might make things easier - although I do know how hard it is to make subtitles. I've been there.

I believe I speak for many other fans when I say we want subtitles. Do you have plans to include this in your game?

Guğmundr
11-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Hey Veta, welcome to the Stoic Community!

I believe subtitles are planned, but I would guess they won't be implemented until after Stoic publishes Chapter 1 of the Saga. They're planning to start making some major changes and improvements to Factions at that point.

So far, the only spoken dialogue in Factions is in the opening cutscene and the video tutorials. If you want to watch them again with subtitles, you can go to this video and enable captions: http://youtu.be/9dJT8Dkj5Nw

Aleonymous
11-04-2013, 05:44 AM
I want subtitles too. I am not a native English speaker and sometimes I can miss things, especially when admiring the awesome graphics at the same time! :)

Why is it hard to make subtitles? I thought it was hard to make voice-overs! ;)

I think the Saga is not so talkie, i.e. there's voice-over just in the introduction as well as in some specific cut-scenes at key story points. However, you'll be missing the music, which is (supposed to be) quite awesome :(

Young7952
11-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Awesome!

Myll_Erik
11-14-2013, 09:05 PM
We'll try to get some clarification for you folks!