PDA

View Full Version : Travel Trailer Feedback

Myll_Erik
11-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Just seeing what people's immediate reactions and thoughts were after seeing the latest trailer -

Things that stood out?

Good things?

Any bad things?

Thanks!

netnazgul
11-30-2013, 04:06 AM
Wasn't it already discussed here (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?1937-Rough-Guide-to-Travel-Trailer), Erik? ;)

Don't mean to be rude, but why duplicating the threads?..

Aleonymous
11-30-2013, 04:56 AM
It was really really nice. I wouldn't call it exactly a trailer, more like a preview of the travel system.

The topics discussed/introduced were:

Morale,
Supplies,
Population,
Camping,
Renown,

Battle scenes were shown, but its mechanics were pretty much known; apart from effect of Morale, that is. As for "new content", we saw a couple of battle maps (awesome!), two unit sprites (Spearmaster & male Mender, but no insight on their special abilities) & some character portraits. Were some of those rendered in a pixalated (non-HD) way, or was it just my impression? Also, What was hinted at, but not elaborated (enough), were Items and large-scale War. We'd love to hear more on that soon. You, Erik, have promised a preview on items, haven't you? ;)

Why ask about "bad" things? :D Hardly any, I'd say. Here's two things I'd have done differently for this video:

The sound-volume/mixer of Eyvind's grunt when taken down by a dredge here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EKr4onLjgqo#t=124), is pretty loud :)
I'd be more parsimonious (what a word!) about showing those spoilery (?) battles scenes at that black/ruined fortress. They were shown on the previous announcement trailer too. I am no cinema/preview/teaser expert, but I'd keep it a little better hidden. Unless those scenes are not near the endgame, and there's still way to go from there! :)

EDIT -- I forgot to mention that the female presenter's voice was nice too. Who does it belong too?

stoicmom
11-30-2013, 11:19 AM
all positive comments in game by players who saw it and came to Factions because of that trailer! good work :D

Wordplay
11-30-2013, 05:04 PM
It was good, though as Aleonymous says, it was more like a preview or demo of game rather than a straight trailer.

Wouldn't mind some more of them really, perhaps dealing with other game concepts, especially closer to the time of the release.

I was also a little curious about who did the voice-over.

Slimsy Platypus
12-01-2013, 08:51 PM
I really enjoyed seeing the new battle boards and getting a glimpse at the war feature and the various travel systems.

What really stood out for me was the simplicity of the UI in all the systems. There is obviously a lot of codependent gaming systems here and I'm glad we're not getting tossed into the deep end with a clunky inconsistent UI.

The only thing I was disappointed with is the absence of a nice long drawn out combat to watch. It probably wouldn't be super relevant here, but ever since the let's play series I've been biting at the bit to watch a complete combat gameplay when the player has more than a couple units at their disposal! Everything looked amazing though and I couldn't tell you how excited i am to play the polished and complete game!

raven2134
12-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Maybe a new combat trailer is in order? One which also explains war would be good :)

Myll_Erik
12-03-2013, 10:39 AM
I asked here as this forum gets more traffic :)

Also good to get feedback - both good and bad so we can keep improving.

Thanks folks!