PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play Permissions/Conditions

Kordanor
01-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Heya,

with the release ahead, I wanted to check what conditions exist when wanting to make a Let's Play for the "real" version of Banner Saga (not factions as in the other thread).
Can everyone just create a Let's Play or do we need individual permission? If we need permission, what address should we contact?
Are there restrictions? Like Content, which must not be shown?
And for the ones who do that professional: Is monetarization allowed?

Thanks and best wishes!

quartex
01-09-2014, 04:31 PM
This question was asked on the Steam forums and Stoic said: "Please youtube as much as you like!"

I don't think Stoic has any restrictions on who can make Let's Play videos. But I'm not an official spokesperson.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/237990/discussions/0/648814738556221249/

Kordanor
01-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Cool, cheers!

raven2134
01-10-2014, 07:08 AM
Please youtube as much as you like!

There we go. :)

Personally, my world view is most people are NOT jerks. If you like the game and wana spread the word, then by all means we could use the support! If you're on the fence about the game, no problem, give your reasonable view why it could be not for you.

This is probably left to the actual caster, but in general Stoic would love it if they spread the news and just wanted people to have fun with the game.

Aleonymous
01-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Please youtube as much as you like!

There we go. :)

That's a stance all those people accusing Stoic of being greedy and profit-centric should take into account.

Blackphoenix345
01-13-2014, 05:38 PM
Hi,

I was also thinking of making a short series for this on my channel on youtube, I was wondering if there's an official page or source we can quote if youtube ends up demanding evidence that we're allowed to make videos from game footage?

:)

raven2134
01-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Hmm I don't think there is something like that at the moment.

Blackphoenix345
01-15-2014, 04:05 AM
I see, thanks anyway, I guess I'll keep a weather eye out. I am enjoying the game, played it a lot last night. ;)

moniskaa
03-06-2014, 01:28 AM
How to speed up a video clip along with the audio? I have a video clip that I want to speed up. I have tried using Windows Live Movie Maker but when I speed up the video clip, the audio automatically gets muted. Is there any programs that can speed up the video clip along with the audio in it?