PDA

View Full Version : Full game content help

Ragnars blood
01-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Many months ago I was a $10 contributor to help fund the game. With the games release imminent I was wondering just how I will be able to download the game on steam.

How do I get the code that I paid for / earned for contributing to the creation of the game?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Slimsy Platypus
01-12-2014, 10:01 PM
If you participated in the Kickstarter in March of 2012 and pledged at $10.00 or higher, you will receive a copy of the game. I'm guessing since you do not have the green forum title, you either did not participate in the Kickstarter OR do not have your forum account properly activated. In the event you have donated to the Kickstarter at $10.00 or higher, email help@stoicstuidio.com.

If you paid $15.00 for beta access to The Banner Saga: Factions in November 2012, you will not be provided a copy of the single player game (as a copy of the single player game's release of The Banner Saga was not part of that deal).

I understand the confusion - cheers!

Ragnars blood
01-12-2014, 11:16 PM
"If you paid $15.00 for beta access to The Banner Saga: Factions in November 2012, you will not be provided a copy of the single player game (as a copy of the single player game's release of The Banner Saga was not part of that deal)."

I just checked my bank account. $15 in NOV 2012 to STOIC and $31.25 In April. So I paid $15 for a copy of a FREE beta? I distinctly remember it saying on the stoic studio website that the $15 beta granted access to the full game upon release. Unfortunately I can't prove it. I am certain however, that it was not stated anywhere that the $15 purchase did NOT give access to the full game.

$46.25 to a game company. I own a poster of a game I'll never play and a copy of an already free beta. Nice work.

Very Viking of you. I hope your stoic Viking ship sinks while crossing this fjord of gluttony.
Your ship is overfilled with gold won from great artwork and $15 lies.

I know this message has less than a 10% chance to hit but it's all I can really do. I guess I can warn others of this at least.

Stoic studios had a Skystriker cast "rain of arrows" in November of 2012...on 12 January 2014 I finally stepped on the tile. I hope I am the only one.

-1 STR / +200% frustration ...I'm permanently trapped in this spot and the game is over.

Greed has poisoned your souls.

I wish I could say GG. Thanks for nothing.

Roflmaou
01-12-2014, 11:45 PM
On the risk of this being a confusing and also amusing troll attempt.

First you say you're a $10 contributor; then a $15 one, then a 31.25 (46.25)? So which is it? If you did the odd amount of 31.25 in april why would you pay another 15 later...for something you already backed and payed enough for a poster meaning you should have the game too yet you're not linked to the forum as a backer. This all seems like an error in comprehension on your part, which doesn't make much sense in how elaborate this post is lol.

I do commend you on your post, very creative at least. I hope it gets resolved, if there is anything to resolve here beyond user error.

Slimsy Platypus
01-13-2014, 12:12 AM
Unfortunately I don't think the argument that since you spend money on one game, you should get future releases of that intellectual property for free simply doesn't hold any merit. I bought Mass Effect, later Mass Effect 2 came out and I had to pay for that one too.

I understand the way the information and titles are portrayed in hindsight can be confusing. But it's a cold hard fact that the $15.00 beta buy-in did not include a copy of the single player game The Banner Saga. Yes you bought into a beta to a free to play game, but you knew you were doing that at the time.

Basically what happened here is that you (and you are not alone), saw the recent single player release after buying into Factions, remembered that you paid money for Factions once, then started scratching your head why you have to pay money for the single player. Unfortunately, the guys that quit their jobs to make this game have got to make money somehow, so if you want to play The Banner Saga, you're going to have to pay for it. We're all entitled to our opinions, but it's my opinion that a brand new Studio that is not giving their game away for free is not an example of gluttony, rather a very natural decision that would be expected.

Ragnars blood
01-13-2014, 12:22 AM
"First you say you're a $10 contributor; then a $15 one, then a 31.25 (46.25)? So which is it? If you did the odd amount of 31.25 in april why would you pay another 15 later...for something you already backed and payed enough for a poster meaning you should have the game too yet you're not linked to the forum as a backer. This all seems like an error in comprehension on your part, which doesn't make much sense in how elaborate this post is lol."

My post requires basic reading comprehension and elementary math skills to infer what I was implying. Use the context clues like "I own a poster of a game I'll never play and a copy of a already free beta".

This sentence suggests that I bought a poster and a copy of a free beta. (I also mention in above sentences that there were two transactions total.)

Since it doesn't paint the picture well enough I will just copy the transactions from my bank account.

($15.00)
Apr 23, 2013
PAYPAL *STOIC 4029357733 CA

($31.25)
Nov 26, 2012
PAYPAL *STOIC 4029357733 CA

As you can see...$15.00 + 31.25 = $46.25

Hope this clears up any confusion. You were right to ask if there was any doubt. After all, half spoken falsehoods are what got us into this mess in the first place.

Slimsy Platypus
01-13-2014, 12:34 AM
Hope this clears up any confusion. You were right to ask if there was any doubt. After all, half spoken falsehoods are what got us into this mess in the first place.

Thank you for painting a clearer picture. I now completely understand that you think since you bought two completely unrelated things you should get the third for free. Unfortunately no matter how clear we make our points to each other we likely will never meet common ground. I'm sorry you thought you were purchasing something you didn't know existed back in November. Your loss is noted and I truly feel for you. Perhaps if you buy a couple more posters the developers might throw in a copy of their game... but I wouldn't count on it, that doesn't seem very logical.

Ragnars blood
01-13-2014, 12:34 AM
"and you are not alone" - Slimsy Platypus

This is exactly what I was talking about. Thank you for pointing this out. The fact that more than one person fell for this adds credibility to the above post.

My point has already been stated. Reread it. Stoic tricked a lot of people into buying a FREE beta to "support" the creation of Banner Saga.

Stoic studios had a Skystriker cast "rain of arrows" in November of 2012...on 12 January 2014 WE finally stepped on the tile.

Ragnars blood
01-13-2014, 12:40 AM
Also reread the actual Banner Saga Kickstarter...

"Perhaps if you buy a couple more posters the developers might throw in a copy of their game... but I wouldn't count on it, that doesn't seem very logical."

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stoic/the-banner-saga

"Pledge $50 or more

1850 backers

"SPECIAL POSTER PROMOTION: We've gotten so many requests for just the poster that we can't ignore them any longer! For this special reward, get just the poster (unsigned) and the special edition of the game, no frills. This prize does NOT include the button or the guild crest but DOES include your name in the credits. All higher level donations continue to get the $80 version of this prize. Include an additional $10 for shipping outside the US & Canada."

We bought Banner Saga Factions beta to contribute to creating the game. That is a fact. I wish I still had proof of what was posted on the actual stoic website upon my purchase. (Unfortunately I don't)

Stoic studios had a Skystriker cast "rain of arrows" in November of 2012...on 12 January 2014 WE finally stepped on the tile.

Roflmaou
01-13-2014, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the insult. I comprehended just fine but wasn't clear in my wording I see. I had several articles to link you in regards to Stoic's early access beta and what the $15 was for; have fun finding them yourself. Or don't and enjoy your poster and factions.

Aleonymous
01-13-2014, 05:03 AM
So, you are implying that Stoic Studio did this on purpose to snare people into a closed-beta (normally reserved for the devout KS-backers) by believing they'd get a free copy of the single-player game too?

Very Viking of you. I hope your stoic Viking ship sinks while crossing this fjord of gluttony.
Your ship is overfilled with gold won from great artwork and $15 lies.

Greed has poisoned your souls.

Even though I can confirm that the "nomenclature" conflict of Factions-vs-Saga has caused a lot of confusion/frustration in this community, and especially in the steam forums, I think you went a little over the line with the above "comments" :(

hreinnbeno
01-13-2014, 05:28 AM
If you read through the discussion in
http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?407-Enter-the-Fray-in-The-Banner-Saga-Factions-beta-test!

Which is about the paid open beta. That those individual commenting are pretty clear on that it only pays for the banner saga factions beta and that was at the time when the open beta started.

Ragnars blood
01-13-2014, 09:56 AM
Thank you for the link but it only makes me more angry. It was a bait and switch.

I can't think of a game anywhere that charged players to be in the "closed" beta. Then made the beta free for everyone.

I would bet you $15 that 90% of people who paid to be in the closed beta thought they would get the single player game when it came out.

The link is great. It shows exactly what Stoic put out. They did not make it clear enough for these players.

I did not come even close to "crossing the line", this company stole money from people.

Greed has poisoned their souls.

netnazgul
01-13-2014, 10:12 AM
So basically Stoic murders children and kittens

Slimsy Platypus
01-13-2014, 10:21 AM
At this point it's pretty clear that this is simply trolling. We get it, Stoic is the antichrist and has conspired against helpless people who choose to purchase their products (this is me attempting sarcasm). Regardless, I personally am grateful for their support and my experience with these developers has been overwhelmingly positive. I accept that you and others don't agree.

Lochlan
01-17-2014, 10:28 AM
I can't think of a game anywhere that charged players to be in the "closed" beta. Then made the beta free for everyone.

Go to Steam's store page, and under games, select "Early Access." There you will find 91 games that let you buy into a closed beta (or alpha). Also Factions was/is not a beta for the single player game. It is a stand-alone arena multiplayer version of the single player game that uses the same combat mechanics.

Rensei
01-17-2014, 10:59 AM
This is priceless :]

My post requires basic reading comprehension
so does the paid tester agreement apparently.

Stoic team always seemed to be good guys - give them time to get to this post or better yet, write them an email, and maybe they'll fix You a copy.

kommissar
01-17-2014, 03:09 PM
i ran into the same mistake :(
but i'm not acting like an angry jerk about it..

Ragnars blood
01-18-2014, 02:54 PM
I am less forgiving on ethically / legally questionable acts.

Echlir
01-18-2014, 07:55 PM
As soon as you find one be sure to let us know, because this ain't it.