PDA

View Full Version : Why can I not access the Kickstarter forum?

Pages : [1] 2

Sean
04-30-2012, 07:16 PM
If you registered for the Stoic community using the same email address you use in Kickstarter and you are indeed a backer for The Banner Saga, you should automatically be joined to the Kickstarter group when you verify your account (via the activation link emailed you). This gives you access to the private Kickstarter forum as well as labels you a "Backer" and gives you the Kickstarter Green for your Display Name. If you did this and it didn't work, let us know.

If you are a backer but registered with a different email address in the Stoic community, contact us and we'll simply have to verify who you are and get your account updated with the proper privileges in here.

Minion135
04-30-2012, 07:49 PM
Hrm. I made my forum account and used my e-mail, but since I was accessing kickstarter through my facebook account it isn't letting me go to the kickstarter forum. >_<

Sean
04-30-2012, 09:10 PM
Hrm. I made my forum account and used my e-mail, but since I was accessing kickstarter through my facebook account it isn't letting me go to the kickstarter forum. >_<

You should be all fixed up now! Let me know if you're still having issues accessing it.

tjablin
04-30-2012, 09:13 PM
I never got an activation email. Is there any way to resend it?

Thanks! Fixed now.

Sean
04-30-2012, 09:15 PM
I never got an activation email. Is there any way to resend it?

Just kicked the system and it's sending you a new one as I type this! If you don't see it in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder just in case it went there instead.

noelho
04-30-2012, 09:25 PM
I dont see the kickstarter forum either =(

EDIT: oooh! my name is green! but where is the kickstarter forum? i must be blind! ...

no, cant be. I just had an eye exam and its all good! must be mad then

EDIT2: ooohhh! I just realized that there is one more higher level of the forums! duhhhhhhhh!! all good now =)

RandomSalesman
04-30-2012, 09:43 PM
I too, am unable to access the kickstarter forums.

jeicebarton
04-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Haven't gotten an activation email to let me into the Kickstarter forums since signing up. I double-checked my spam and junk email folders...and made sure I used the same email as I used for Kickstarter. If you could please help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sean
04-30-2012, 09:57 PM
I too, am unable to access the kickstarter forums.

Haven't gotten an activation email to let me into the Kickstarter forums since signing up. I double-checked my spam and junk email folders...and made sure I used the same email as I used for Kickstarter. If you could please help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Both of you are in the same boat. I'm sending you new activation emails now. Should be there by the time you read this.

jeicebarton
04-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Got the email & it's working now. Thanks tons, Sean!

mrboo001
04-30-2012, 11:09 PM
Sent a pm to you (Sean) about this. Thanks for doing this for all of use!

Sean
04-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Sent a pm to you (Sean) about this. Thanks for doing this for all of use!

Just sent you a PM and email in regards to this ;)

Quick Edit: And now you are all set up, too!

Nortar
05-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Greetings.
I have the same case of "no activation e-mail" as a few other people in this thread.
Is there a way to re-send activaiton link?

TheWhiteRose
05-01-2012, 12:13 AM
I have not received an activation e-mail as well. Please resend, thank you.

Windur
05-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Same problem here. I registered about an hour ago and no confirmation email yet.

Hellchild007
05-01-2012, 01:21 AM
I am a kickstarter too but i was connected to kickstarter with my facebook >< I can't access the kickstarter private forum even though i have registered

devilmank
05-01-2012, 01:41 AM
I am a kickstarter also but I am not able to access Kickstarter forum, but I have activated my account.

RobinInSeoul
05-01-2012, 01:49 AM
Me too! I just joined, though, maybe it takes a while?

EDIT: Ah, I see now. I thought I registered with the same email, but I just checked my Kickstarter account and it's different.

Oaden
05-01-2012, 06:02 AM
I activated my account with the proper email (its a facebook connected account if that helps) but i can't access the kickstarter forums either.

RandomSalesman
05-01-2012, 08:44 AM
I've activated my account and am unable to enter the backer forum either.

Sean
05-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Greetings.
I have the same case of "no activation e-mail" as a few other people in this thread.

I have not received an activation e-mail as well. Please resend, thank you.

Greetings.

Just forced the system to send each of you a new activation code. You should see it in your inbox; if you do not, please check your spam/junk folders.

Let me know if that works!

- Sean

Nortar
05-01-2012, 08:54 AM
It worked, thank you. :)

Minion135
05-01-2012, 08:55 AM
You should be all fixed up now! Let me know if you're still having issues accessing it.

Yep, I'm all set now! Thank you! :D

Sean
05-01-2012, 08:57 AM
I am a kickstarter too but i was connected to kickstarter with my facebook >< I can't access the kickstarter private forum even though i have registered

I am a kickstarter also but I am not able to access Kickstarter forum, but I have activated my account.

I activated my account with the proper email (its a facebook connected account if that helps) but i can't access the kickstarter forums either.

I've activated my account and am unable to enter the backer forum either.

I have verified and upgraded each of your accounts. Let me know if you have any troubles with access.

Sean
05-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Me too! I just joined, though, maybe it takes a while?

EDIT: Ah, I see now. I thought I registered with the same email, but I just checked my Kickstarter account and it's different.

Just sent you a PM about this.

Windur
05-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Got the activation email and that did it.
Thank Sean.

Oaden
05-01-2012, 09:17 AM
It works now, thank you.

mmunley
05-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Hey there, I'm a backer, but it looks like my account didn't get the upgrade and I can't access the kickstarter forum. I had registered for the forum just as your webhost was melting down yesterday, so perhaps that's what stopped it?

mrboo001
05-01-2012, 09:27 AM
I am in! Thanks Sean :)

Sean
05-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Hey there, I'm a backer, but it looks like my account didn't get the upgrade and I can't access the kickstarter forum. I had registered for the forum just as your webhost was melting down yesterday, so perhaps that's what stopped it?

I have verified and upgraded your account. You should have no issues accessing the Kickstarter area now.

mmunley
05-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Hooray! Thanks, Sean.

DahliaLynn
05-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Hi there :)

I cannot access the Kickstarter forum either. I joined the site via your Twitter link, but have not received any special activation email. (yes am a backer :D)

Sean
05-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi there :)

I cannot access the Kickstarter forum either. I joined the site via your Twitter link, but have not received any special activation email. (yes am a backer :D)

I have verified and upgraded your account, DahliaLynn. You should be able to access the Kickstarter area now! Let me know if you have any other issues.

DahliaLynn
05-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks Sean! All is good :)

JokerAR
05-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Hi, I'm in the same boat as most in this thread- registered on the site under my kickstarter backer email address but didn't receive the authorisation email.

Beneloth
05-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Same problem here.

Sean
05-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Hi, I'm in the same boat as most in this thread- registered on the site under my kickstarter backer email address but didn't receive the authorisation email.

Just forced the system to send you a new activation code. You should see it in your inbox; if you do not, please check your spam/junk folders.

Same problem here.

I have verified and upgraded your account, Beneloth. You should be able to access the Kickstarter area now! Let me know if you have any other issues.

JokerAR
05-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the email push, all sorted now!

SoCalGary
05-01-2012, 12:23 PM
I registered with my kickstarter email and I'm also having similar trouble verifying my account as a backer.

Sean
05-01-2012, 12:32 PM
I registered with my kickstarter email and I'm also having similar trouble verifying my account as a backer.
You should be good to go now, SoCalGary.

SoCalGary
05-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Thank you for the speedy fix. Much appreciated! :D

Beneloth
05-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Works now, thanks!

playmaker44
05-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I registered yesterday around 5pm and I'm not sure if that was when you were still having tech difficulties. I can log in to the forum no problem but I still haven't received a confirmation email. I am a kickstarter backer as well.

Sean
05-01-2012, 01:44 PM
I registered yesterday around 5pm and I'm not sure if that was when you were still having tech difficulties. I can log in to the forum no problem but I still haven't received a confirmation email. I am a kickstarter backer as well.

Just forced the system to send you a new activation code. You should see it in your inbox; if you do not, please check your spam/junk folders.

lozbuzz
05-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Hi im a backer, used same email address but cant use backer forum!Had a activation email too

Sean
05-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Hi im a backer, used same email address but cant use backer forum!Had a activation email too

Fix't! You should have no issue with Kickstarter access now.

lozbuzz
05-01-2012, 02:31 PM
brilliant cheers for speedy action!!

Awnsie
05-01-2012, 03:00 PM
I am in a similar boat.

I created an account with the same email as I have on Kickstarter, got the activation e-mail, but am unable to access the Kickstarter forum. :[

Sean
05-01-2012, 03:06 PM
I am in a similar boat.

I created an account with the same email as I have on Kickstarter, got the activation e-mail, but am unable to access the Kickstarter forum. :[

Found the issue and fix't it! You should have no issue with Kickstarter access now.

Sanchez
05-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Hi, I've registered with the same username but realised I've used a different email address. Please advise what I should do. Thanks!

Sean
05-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Hi, I've registered with the same username but realised I've used a different email address. Please advise what I should do. Thanks!

I just sent you a Private Message about this. Respond to it when you can.

Awnsie
05-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Found the issue and fix't it! You should have no issue with Kickstarter access now.

Oh wow, lightning fast response. Thanks!

Sean
05-01-2012, 03:56 PM

I've confirmed your information and upgraded your account. You should be able to access the Kickstarter group now.

Zared
05-01-2012, 04:38 PM
No access, same e-mail and I've activated my account.

Sean
05-01-2012, 04:42 PM
No access, same e-mail and I've activated my account.

You're all set up now!

TheBobWiley
05-01-2012, 10:18 PM
I signed up the other day but I believe I may have deleted my activation email in my spam folder :\
Just double reminding/checking that you guys know I'm a backer when you send the email since I used Facebook to connect on kickstarter. Thanks in advance!

bast_imret
05-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Just confirmed that I registered with the same email address as my kickstarter account but I can't get I either. Thanks.

Diego
05-02-2012, 06:27 AM
Both of you are in the same boat. I'm sending you new activation emails now. Should be there by the time you read this.

i got the same identical problem, can you help me?

Sean
05-02-2012, 07:51 AM
I signed up the other day but I believe I may have deleted my activation email in my spam folder :\
Just double reminding/checking that you guys know I'm a backer when you send the email since I used Facebook to connect on kickstarter. Thanks in advance!

i got the same identical problem, can you help me?

Just forced the system to send you both a new activation code. You should see it in your inbox; if you do not, please check your spam/junk folders.

Just confirmed that I registered with the same email address as my kickstarter account but I can't get I either. Thanks.
I've confirmed your information and upgraded your account. You should be able to access the Kickstarter group now.

Biowulf
05-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Looks like never received my activation e-mail :P
Probably something to do with me getting server error messages while registering.

Brewtality
05-02-2012, 10:25 AM
I am able to access the Kickstarter forum, but am not labeled as a "Backer"

Hellchild007
05-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks Sean!

Tryssnik
05-02-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm a backer and I can't see the kickstarter forum section.

Zurai
05-02-2012, 11:33 AM

I'm in the same boat. Or rather, I can see that it exists but I don't have permission to read it.

Sean
05-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Looks like never received my activation e-mail :P
Probably something to do with me getting server error messages while registering.

Just sent you one. Should be in your inbox. If you do not see it there, please check your spam/junk folder.

Manaleshi
05-02-2012, 12:26 PM
No access either... pretty sure I used the email link... and used the right email address... just no access.

Sean
05-02-2012, 12:37 PM

I'm in the same boat. Or rather, I can see that it exists but I don't have permission to read it.

No access either... pretty sure I used the email link... and used the right email address... just no access.
Just verified and fixed each of these accounts. You should all be good to go now.

TheBobWiley
05-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Ok this is just odd.... checked email again, spam folder, everything and nothing..... I doubled checked the email address on my profile and retyped it just for good measure... I may need to switch to my yahoo account if it doesn't work again because AOL on occasion likes to ignore emails entirely. I am subscribed to the stoic newsletter though... so I really don't know what is happening :\
Hope to hear back soon and get this resolved, can't wait to get posting!

Sean
05-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Ok this is just odd.... checked email again, spam folder, everything and nothing..... I doubled checked the email address on my profile and retyped it just for good measure... I may need to switch to my yahoo account if it doesn't work again because AOL on occasion likes to ignore emails entirely. I am subscribed to the stoic newsletter though... so I really don't know what is happening :\

Weird. Well, I went ahead and forced your confirmation and found you in the Kickstarter so upgraded your account, too. If you are not getting emails from Stoic via AOL, though, I recommend potentially changing to another account or working with AOL to see if they are junking them before they even get to you (and, if so, why).

Biowulf
05-02-2012, 02:40 PM

I think the same is happening with me as well. I have no message in my main or spam inbox. If need be I can use my hotmail account here and in Kickstarter to activate my account.

Thilo Bayer
05-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Sean, I'm a backer as well but the system didn't recognize my FB Login.

Okay, BS bingo, it works :-)

Sean
05-02-2012, 03:24 PM
I think the same is happening with me as well. I have no message in my main or spam inbox. If need be I can use my hotmail account here and in Kickstarter to activate my account.

It does look to be an AOL issue now. I went ahead and forced your confirmation and upgrade, too. Let me know if it does or doesn't work!

Biowulf
05-02-2012, 03:24 PM
It worked, thanks sean! :)

TheBobWiley
05-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Everything is working now, thanks a ton Sean!

Pocky Monster
05-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Hmmm, I can't view the kickstarter forum either...

Sean
05-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Hmmm, I can't view the kickstarter forum either...

Verified and upgraded your account - you should now have access to the Kickstarter group.

Guğmundr
05-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Same here, didn't get the email.

Sean
05-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Same here, didn't get the email.

Ahhh, AOL! They don't seem to like our emails. I've gone ahead and forced your account to be verified and upgraded. Let me know if you have any issues.

Guğmundr
05-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Works great. Thanks Sean!

Sylvan
05-03-2012, 06:43 PM
I seem to be having an issue accessing the Backer forum as well. I received a confirmation email when I registered (to the same email account I use for Kickstarter) and followed the link. However, I appear to not have the required permission to access the forums. I can see it exists, but I just can't access it. Care to help a Viking out?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Not sure what kind of data you are collecting on the issue since a few people seem to be having various issues, but if it helps, I registered in the early AM on May 1st... shortly after the servers came back from the crash.

Sean
05-03-2012, 07:23 PM
I seem to be having an issue accessing the Backer forum as well. I received a confirmation email when I registered (to the same email account I use for Kickstarter) and followed the link. However, I appear to not have the required permission to access the forums. I can see it exists, but I just can't access it. Care to help a Viking out?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Not sure what kind of data you are collecting on the issue since a few people seem to be having various issues, but if it helps, I registered in the early AM on May 1st... shortly after the servers came back from the crash.

Found your account in the Kickstarter and have upgraded this account to have the proper access. You should be good to go now!

salesninja
05-04-2012, 11:55 AM
need kickstarter access as well

Sean
05-04-2012, 12:02 PM
need kickstarter access as well

You should be good to go now!

GSoda
05-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Hmm, I would be happy to get the kickstarter access as well. I used the same email address as with kickstarter but somehow I never received an activation email.

Sean
05-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Hmm, I would be happy to get the kickstarter access as well. I used the same email address as with kickstarter but somehow I never received an activation email.

I've gone ahead and forced the verification and upgrade for your account. You should have the proper access now.

russell
05-04-2012, 04:18 PM
i used the same email as my kickstarter but never got a verification email, any help would be great

Skyth2nd
05-04-2012, 06:19 PM
I used my Facebook log in, and cant get in.
Thanks for the help

Echlir
05-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Tried making an account, using my kickstarter email, today when I saw the update that the forum's were back up. And then they went down mid sign up process. Went to try it again just now to find it had made the account but I had no kickstarter access or email to gain it.

Edit: and its fixed, thanks Sean.

Drakkar
05-04-2012, 07:28 PM
I also used the same email address and did get an verification email which i followed but i do not have access the the kickstarter forum. I did do this before the forums went down could that be part of the problem?

thanks for the help

Sean
05-04-2012, 07:34 PM
russell, Skyth2nd, Echlir, Drakkar - I've gone in and forced your accounts to be verified (those that needed it) and upgraded each of you to the Kickstarter group.

Bost
05-04-2012, 07:34 PM
I hate to be a bother, but I never received a verification email or backer status when I registered, possibly because the process got interrupted part way through. Apparently my account was made but the verification email wasn't sent out.

Sean
05-04-2012, 07:35 PM
I hate to be a bother, but I never received a verification email or backer status when I registered, possibly because the process got interrupted part way through. Apparently my account was made but the verification email wasn't sent out.
Also fix't!

eriktorbjorn
05-05-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry you have to go through all this trouble, but I didn't get any verification email either. (In fact, I thought I hadn't even managed to create my account yesterday but apparently it did get that far before throwing an error.)

Sean
05-05-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm sorry you have to go through all this trouble, but I didn't get any verification email either. (In fact, I thought I hadn't even managed to create my account yesterday but apparently it did get that far before throwing an error.)

No problem! Found your account in Kickstarter and used that to verify and upgrade your community account. You should be good to go now.

eriktorbjorn
05-05-2012, 03:47 PM
No problem! Found your account in Kickstarter and used that to verify and upgrade your community account. You should be good to go now.

Thanks, it worked.

tah905
05-05-2012, 06:45 PM
I haven't received a verification e-mail either, sorry to say.

Sean
05-05-2012, 07:44 PM
I haven't received a verification e-mail either, sorry to say.

I've forced it to confirm your account and upgrade it - you should now have access to all the forums including the Kickstarter area.

- Sean

Zenrin5
05-06-2012, 01:50 AM
No verification e-mail for me, either. Thanks for looking into it!

sammander
05-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Hi, sorry to bother, it seems people are posting to this thread about not getting their verification email. I'm a kickstarter backer and have not received this email and unable to access the backer areas of the form as well.

Any help is appreciated.

Sean
05-06-2012, 10:09 AM
No verification e-mail for me, either. Thanks for looking into it!

Hi, sorry to bother, it seems people are posting to this thread about not getting their verification email. I'm a kickstarter backer and have not received this email and unable to access the backer areas of the form as well.

Any help is appreciated.

I was able to verify both of your accounts and forced them to be activated and upgraded. Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Sales101
05-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Hey guys, I never verification email so I can't get into the kickstarter forum area. Thanks for your
help

Mafti23
05-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Hello,

seems I have no access to the kickstarter, what can I do to make it so.

as previous people, I did not receive a verification email I think :)

Sean
05-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Hey guys, I never verification email so I can't get into the kickstarter forum area. Thanks for your
help

Hello,

seems I have no access to the kickstarter, what can I do to make it so.

as previous people, I did not receive a verification email I think :)

I was able to verify and upgrade both of your accounts. You should have no issues accessing that area now.

Mafti23
05-06-2012, 03:25 PM
I was able to verify and upgrade both of your accounts. You should have no issues accessing that area now.

yay, thanks for the quick upgrade :)

sammander
05-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Thanks for your help!

Gold Virus
05-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Hi, I signed up around the time of the server overload and did get an activation email, but I can't access the Kickstarter forum. I used the same email as my Kickstarter account, though. Is there any way I can change that?

Sean
05-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Hi, I signed up around the time of the server overload and did get an activation email, but I can't access the Kickstarter forum. I used the same email as my Kickstarter account, though. Is there any way I can change that?

You should be good to go now!

Blue Kae
05-06-2012, 08:46 PM
I registered for the forums with the same email as my Kickstarter account, but it's not showing me as a backer or allowing access to the Kickstarter forums.

Bah, nvm I've been looking in the wrong spot. :o

Mau
05-06-2012, 09:35 PM
I can't access it - but I used the email that I backed with (and where I get all the updates sent to).

Please fix? :D

Sean
05-06-2012, 09:51 PM
I can't access it - but I used the email that I backed with (and where I get all the updates sent to).

Please fix? :D

You should be good to go now.

MisterBiggin
05-06-2012, 10:34 PM
One more here please Mr Sean.

Sean
05-06-2012, 10:38 PM
One more here please Mr Sean.

Your account should now have full access!

MisterBiggin
05-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Awesome, thanks.

Squozen
05-07-2012, 03:38 AM
Another Kickstarter bangs on the door, desperate to get in out of the cold. :)

Jozape
05-07-2012, 05:24 AM
I did not receive an activation e-mail and am also a KickStarter backer.

Sean
05-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Another Kickstarter bangs on the door, desperate to get in out of the cold. :)

I did not receive an activation e-mail and am also a KickStarter backer.

I was able to confirm, activate, and upgrade both of your accounts. You should have full access to the community now!

Rosskonian
05-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Add me to the list of people unable to access the kickstarter forums, despite being a backer. I got an activation email from the forums, but that was it. Did I miss something?

Sean
05-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Add me to the list of people unable to access the kickstarter forums, despite being a backer. I got an activation email from the forums, but that was it. Did I miss something?

I was able to verify your account - you should be good to go now.

Rosskonian
05-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Thanks Sean!

Gold Virus
05-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the upgrade Sean!

tah905
05-07-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm in now thanks

Blu-Mike
05-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Same problem here like most. I did not get an activation email and don't have access to the private forum.

Sean
05-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Same problem here like most. I did not get an activation email and don't have access to the private forum.

I just verified, activated, and upgraded your account. You should be all set now!

Sleet
05-07-2012, 05:19 PM
I haven't gotten an activation email, either. I certainly hope it's not auto-erasing suspected spam, I get enough in that folder already.

brizahd
05-07-2012, 05:32 PM
I registered with the same name and e-mail and cannot access the kickstarter forum. I pledged $50 so I could create a banner... Kind of like to get started on that before I miss out on being able to do so.

Sean
05-07-2012, 05:36 PM
I haven't gotten an activation email, either. I certainly hope it's not auto-erasing suspected spam, I get enough in that folder already.

I registered with the same name and e-mail and cannot access the kickstarter forum. I pledged $50 so I could create a banner... Kind of like to get started on that before I miss out on being able to do so.

Both accounts look to still be awaiting confirmation. I went ahead and forced them to be fully registered and it put you both in the Kickstarter group so you should be good to go now!

Sleet
05-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Many thanks for the prompt response, Sean!

brizahd
05-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Thank You!

Genevieve
05-07-2012, 08:29 PM
I also don't seem to have permission for the Kickstarter forum, even though I used the same email. (I registered for KS through facebook login, fwiw). Any help would be super! Thanks!

Sean
05-07-2012, 08:34 PM
I also don't seem to have permission for the Kickstarter forum, even though I used the same email. (I registered for KS through facebook login, fwiw). Any help would be super! Thanks!

I was able to verify and upgrade your account. You should be good to go now!

Genevieve
05-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

jarnhaan
05-07-2012, 10:39 PM
It appears that I am in the same group. No activation email. sorry to keep you working Sean. Seems like you have been a bit busy.

moriarty777
05-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Crap. Created an account using a different email address than the what I use for Kickstarter. I am 'Pat Bellavance' and pledged at the $80 level. Should I PM someone in particular, pester Sean, or is this thread being monitored?

Sean
05-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

You are good to go now!

Crap. Created an account using a different email address than the what I use for Kickstarter. I am 'Pat Bellavance' and pledged at the $80 level. Should I PM someone in particular, pester Sean, or is this thread being monitored?

I'll PM you about this.

Ryan
05-09-2012, 03:35 AM
I just registered using the same email I did for Kickstarter, used the link in the activation e-mail, but I cannot get into the Kickstarter forums, thanks in advance for any help.

Sean
05-09-2012, 09:21 AM
I just registered using the same email I did for Kickstarter, used the link in the activation e-mail, but I cannot get into the Kickstarter forums, thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry about that, Ryan. You should be good to go now.

Ryan
05-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Thank you very much, kind sir.

LeftHandedGuitarist
05-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Same here, I'm afraid. I didn't get an activation email.

Sean
05-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Same here, I'm afraid. I didn't get an activation email.

I was able to confirm, activate, and upgrade your account. You should be good to go now!

LeftHandedGuitarist
05-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Thank you very much!

Sarah
05-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Looks like my problem is a common one - no activation email here either. I tried changing emails (from a Hotmail account to Gmail), and got a confirmation email for the change, then switched back to my original email address and never got a confirmation. So I don't know if Hotmail is wonky or what. The Hotmail email is the one with Kickstarter.

PaulRaye
05-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Hello,

I'm another one, I never got my activation email, can you please resend it?

Thanks,
Paul

Sean
05-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Looks like my problem is a common one - no activation email here either. I tried changing emails (from a Hotmail account to Gmail), and got a confirmation email for the change, then switched back to my original email address and never got a confirmation. So I don't know if Hotmail is wonky or what. The Hotmail email is the one with Kickstarter.

Hello,

I'm another one, I never got my activation email, can you please resend it?

Thanks,
Paul

Since I could verify your Kickstarter Accounts, I went ahead and used that for confirmation and upgraded both of your accounts. You should be good to go now!

Sarah
05-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Yup, looks like I can see and post in the Kickstarter forum now. Thanks!

penworth
05-11-2012, 02:41 AM
Hey guys, I'm a backer too, but I haven't gotten an email linking to the forums yet.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Sean
05-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Hey guys, I'm a backer too, but I haven't gotten an email linking to the forums yet.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry about that, we had a big storm here last night that was plaguing me with power-outages so I couldnt' get to this until this morning. You should be all set up now, though.

Occupation
05-11-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm a backer and would like a confirmation email if possible. Thanks.

Sean
05-11-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm a backer and would like a confirmation email if possible. Thanks.

You should be good to go now, Occupation.

MuddyCrash
05-12-2012, 08:52 AM
I would appear that I am also unable to access the Kickstarter forum.

Sean
05-12-2012, 09:11 AM
I would appear that I am also unable to access the Kickstarter forum.

That is because the email address you used to sign up for the Stoic Community does not match the email address you used for your Kickstarter pledge. I'll PM you on how to get this resolved.

Zyxer
05-14-2012, 02:32 AM
I connect to kickstarter through facebook, but I did use the email tied to my facebook when registering and I still can't access the backers forum.

Sean
05-14-2012, 08:11 AM
I connect to kickstarter through facebook, but I did use the email tied to my facebook when registering and I still can't access the backers forum.

I was able to confirm your Kickstarter Account and upgrade your Community Account. You should be all set now!

Zyxer
05-15-2012, 03:55 AM

Aristeidis Skorpideas
05-16-2012, 06:30 AM
Hi all:)
I registered using the same email i used for kickstarter but i never got an email to activate my account:(((
Any help? :)

Galaad
05-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Hey there everyone, looking for your help Sean! Looks like hotmail has blocked my confirmation mail.
Its nowhere to be found spam or inbox.. Backed with the same email as this account is registered.

Good to see "Ashen Temper" is still around, had no clue I'd run into an old Shadowbane name when signing up on this forum. Used to be/still am part of a nation called Ministry of Chaos though it's unlikely you or anyone else remembers that name, I figured I'd shout it out here just in case :P.

Sean
05-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Hi all:)
I registered using the same email i used for kickstarter but i never got an email to activate my account:(((
Any help? :)

Hey there everyone, looking for your help Sean! Looks like hotmail has blocked my confirmation mail.
Its nowhere to be found spam or inbox.. Backed with the same email as this account is registered.

Good to see "Ashen Temper" is still around, had no clue I'd run into an old Shadowbane name when signing up on this forum. Used to be/still am part of a nation called Ministry of Chaos though it's unlikely you or anyone else remembers that name, I figured I'd shout it out here just in case :P.

Found both of your account in Kickstarter so I was able to confirm and upgrade each of your Stoic Community accounts. You shouldn't have any problems accessing the various areas now.

Oh no, I definitely remember MoC! And pretty sure I talked to a few guys while I was working on The Old Republic, too. Did you know that Alex was also a part of the Wolfpack crew back in the day?

Galaad
05-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Heh darn no I wasn't aware. The only person that I knew very well and that I was aware of being "related" to Wolfpack was Roac, a forum mod...but that was before my MoC days.

So, the forum access is now working properly. Thanks a lot for your help!

Lance Alvein
05-16-2012, 11:32 AM
I never received any confirmation email either - I signed up using the same email that's connected to my Kickstarter account, which also happens to be a hotmail account... Seems like there's something wrong with the confirmation emails not being sent to hotmail?

Sean
05-16-2012, 11:51 AM
I never received any confirmation email either - I signed up using the same email that's connected to my Kickstarter account, which also happens to be a hotmail account... Seems like there's something wrong with the confirmation emails not being sent to hotmail?

I'll look into the issue with hotmail... maybe there has been so much traffic they thought it was "spam". That said, I have confirmed, activated, and upgraded your account so you should be all set now!

Archon
05-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Ave !

I registered after the latest Kickstarter update but i've the same problem as many : no activation mail received.
And I'm also using hotmail...

Sean
05-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Ave !

I registered after the latest Kickstarter update but i've the same problem as many : no activation mail received.
And I'm also using hotmail...

No problem. I have confirmed, activated, and upgraded your account so you should be all set now!

Castledoque
05-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Hi. I have the same problem as the people above. I registered today but have not received a confirmation e-mail. I am a backer and using hotmail.

Sean
05-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Hi. I have the same problem as the people above. I registered today but have not received a confirmation e-mail. I am a backer and using hotmail.

I was able to confirmed your Kickstarter account so I activated and upgraded your Stoic Community account so you should be all set now!

Castledoque
05-17-2012, 01:10 AM
Thanks!:)

Archon
05-17-2012, 12:05 PM
No problem. I have confirmed, activated, and upgraded your account so you should be all set now!

Thanks Sean !

edwin
05-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Hi,
I'm a backer too and am unable to access the Kickstarter forum.
Could you please check that for me?
Thanks in advance!

Sean
05-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Hi,
I'm a backer too and am unable to access the Kickstarter forum.
Could you please check that for me?
Thanks in advance!

You are all set up now and should be able to access the Kickstarter area now.

Antares
05-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi,

I joined the forum yesterday, still waiting on that activation email. Other than that, things went smoothly, looking forward to read all the interesting stuff going on in the Kickstarter subforum.

Sean
05-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Hi,

I joined the forum yesterday, still waiting on that activation email. Other than that, things went smoothly, looking forward to read all the interesting stuff going on in the Kickstarter subforum.

I was able to confirmed your Kickstarter account so I activated and upgraded your Stoic Community account so you should be all set now!

Antares
05-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Thank you very much :)

Mbatte
05-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Hi Sean,

I seem to be another backer who doesn't have access to the Backer forums. If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Sean
05-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Hi Sean,

I seem to be another backer who doesn't have access to the Backer forums. If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Long reply made short: Fix't!

manyphscys
05-23-2012, 02:41 PM
I've registered using the same e-mail address for both and still having difficulties accessing the kickstarter forum.

Sean
05-23-2012, 02:55 PM
I've registered using the same e-mail address for both and still having difficulties accessing the kickstarter forum.

That is because you did not confirm your account yet. That said, I could verify your Kickstarter Account so I went ahead and confirmed and upgraded your Stoic Community account. You should be all set up now.

Mijichu
05-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Hello, I registered the other day but still haven't received an activation email? I'm a backer through paypal. :)

Sean
05-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Hello, I registered the other day but still haven't received an activation email? I'm a backer through paypal. :)

I was able to confirm your Kickstarter account so I went ahead and verified and upgraded your Stoic Community account. You now should have full access to everything.

Mijichu
05-24-2012, 10:02 PM
I was able to confirm your Kickstarter account so I went ahead and verified and upgraded your Stoic Community account. You now should have full access to everything.
Thank you Sean! :)

mikecollison
05-25-2012, 12:50 PM
I too have signed into Kickstarted using Facebook. I am a backer, can you please help me get access to the backer area?

Sean
05-25-2012, 04:25 PM
I too have signed into Kickstarted using Facebook. I am a backer, can you please help me get access to the backer area?

Your account looks fine to me... did you just not confirm your account when you posted the above and did afterwards?

Sinderfell
05-25-2012, 07:17 PM
One more hotmail-using backer with a missing activation email.

Sean
05-25-2012, 08:03 PM

And another one all set up!

magnetar88
05-26-2012, 11:08 PM

It seems like I am in the same situation. Any help would be appreciated :).

Sean
05-26-2012, 11:20 PM
It seems like I am in the same situation. Any help would be appreciated :).

I was able to confirm your Backer account so I verified and upgraded your Stoic Community account. Let me know if you have any issues accessing the site.

magnetar88
05-27-2012, 12:17 AM
Wow, that was quick. Thank you!

Sampyla
05-27-2012, 10:01 AM
I didn't get activation email either. From what I gathered from the topic so far, seems like its hotmail issue?

Sean
05-27-2012, 11:02 AM
I didn't get activation email either. From what I gathered from the topic so far, seems like its hotmail issue?

Yes, we're hoping to get it cleared up soon but it seems as if Hotmail/MSN/Live are treating the emails as spam and stopping them before they can get to users.

I was able to confirm your Backer account so I verified and upgraded your Stoic Community account. Let me know if you need help with anything else.

kpet
05-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Similar problem here as well. I signed up with the email attached to my kickstarter account. I clicked the activation link, but I'm unable to access the kickstarter forum.

Sean
05-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Similar problem here as well. I signed up with the email attached to my kickstarter account. I clicked the activation link, but I'm unable to access the kickstarter forum.

Are you sure? I don't see the email attached to this account as being one that made a pledge. Can you PM me the address you may have used instead?

Greatbonsai
05-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Hotmail user as well *le sigh* Help is appreciated!

Sean
05-31-2012, 08:31 AM
Hotmail user as well *le sigh* Help is appreciated!

I was able to confirm your Backer account so I verified and upgraded your Stoic Community account. Let me know if you need help with anything else.

BCillustration
06-01-2012, 03:49 PM
So this is my first post, I signed up using my Kickstarter email, and am still unable to view the kickstarters forums - checked spam folder, I don't believe I ever received an activation email... Once this is fixed, if one changes the account email (to one that is not one's kickstarter email ) will I still be able to have green name text & all the other nifty backer perks? REALLY excited about this game, especially now that I've had a week with Diablo 3 and watched Blizzard (imo) drop the ball... Rootin for ya Stoic!

Sean
06-01-2012, 03:58 PM
So this is my first post, I signed up using my Kickstarter email, and am still unable to view the kickstarters forums - checked spam folder, I don't believe I ever received an activation email... Once this is fixed, if one changes the account email (to one that is not one's kickstarter email ) will I still be able to have green name text & all the other nifty backer perks? REALLY excited about this game, especially now that I've had a week with Diablo 3 and watched Blizzard (imo) drop the ball... Rootin for ya Stoic!
I was able to verify your backer account so I upgraded your Stoic Community account. You should now have access to the Kickstarter group.

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Deadpoolsbrain
06-04-2012, 01:04 AM
I never got my activation email either, whenever you get the chance I would appreciate it.

Sean
06-04-2012, 07:56 AM
I never got my activation email either, whenever you get the chance I would appreciate it.

You should be all set up now - I verified and upgraded your account after confirming your Kickstarter account.

Deadpoolsbrain
06-05-2012, 01:13 AM
Thanks man, appreciate it, cheers to what will be a great game.

Mordred
06-09-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm afraid I'm another Hotmail using backer without an activation email.

Sean
06-09-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm afraid I'm another Hotmail using backer without an activation email.

Luckily, something easy to verify and fix. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Dlara
06-11-2012, 04:26 PM
I made my forum account and used my e-mail, but since I was accessing kickstarter through my facebook account it isn't letting me go to the kickstarter forum.

Sean
06-11-2012, 05:11 PM
I made my forum account and used my e-mail, but since I was accessing kickstarter through my facebook account it isn't letting me go to the kickstarter forum.

Looked to be more an issue with hotmail (not getting your verification email to you) - but I was able to confirm and upgrade your account so you should be all set now!

semjaxvii
06-16-2012, 08:34 AM
it would seem that I as well, lack the ability to access said Kickstarter forums

Sean
06-16-2012, 10:08 AM
it would seem that I as well, lack the ability to access said Kickstarter forums

I was able to confirm your Kickstarter Account and upgrade your Stoic Community Account. You should be all set now!

- Sean

Iffler
06-24-2012, 04:25 AM
Yet I registered with the email address I used for kickstarter...

What did I do wrong?

Sean
06-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Nothing, there is an issue when the email address capitalization is different than the one from Kickstarter. Luckily, it's easy to verify your account - I've upgraded your Stoic Community account and you can now access the Kickstarter group. Sorry for the inconvenience.

jrh1524
06-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Hey Sean! Can I get kickstarter access as well? I'm jrh1524

Sean
06-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Hey Sean! Can I get kickstarter access as well? I'm jrh1524

Ask and you shall receive! Was an issue with Hotmail but I was able to force your account to be confirmed and upgraded it.

Donasin
07-06-2012, 03:40 PM

This same issue is happening with me. I'm glad to see how swiftly these issues seem to be taken care of. :-)

Sean
07-06-2012, 03:58 PM
This same issue is happening with me. I'm glad to see how swiftly these issues seem to be taken care of. :-)

Just PM me with the email address you're Kickstarter Account is attached to and we'll get you set right up!

ryzuku
07-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Hi, I am a backer too and never got a confirmation e-mail for this forum account.

Sean
07-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Hi, I am a backer too and never got a confirmation e-mail for this forum account.

Looked like it was a MSN / Live problem and the account wasn't fully verified. Since I could confirm your Kickstarter account, I was able to activate and upgrade your Stoic Community account with the proper access.

Tychoxi
07-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Hello, backer here. I messed up, for I thought - was pretty sure, actually - that I had changed my KS email to the one I signed up with here, alas... I hadn't. If it's of any use I *do* have the same email both here and in KS *now*. Sorry! If you have it in your heart to sort this out, I'll be grateful, there's no rush though.
Cheers.

LCDXX
07-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Hi Sean - I sent a couple of PMs, but I figure I'll toss it up here as well. I registered with my Kickstarter email account, but I still can't get into the backer forum. Can you help me out?

LCDXX
08-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Hello? Backer forum please? Is this forum dead?

Tychoxi
08-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Thanks for fixing it up. :)

GreenDread
08-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Hey, I backed the project via Paypal, so there is no connection to kickstarter. What do you need to confirm me?

Sean
08-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Hey, I backed the project via Paypal, so there is no connection to kickstarter. What do you need to confirm me?

Check your PMs (about to send you one).

Ra3V
09-08-2012, 06:24 AM
Greetings,

I am also a backer and I have used the same e-mail kickstarter address (and username) for this forum, but so far, the private kickstarter section of the forum is closed for me.

Thank you in advance for checking this out!

Sean
09-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Greetings,

I am also a backer and I have used the same e-mail kickstarter address (and username) for this forum, but so far, the private kickstarter section of the forum is closed for me.

Thank you in advance for checking this out!

You should receive an email from me momentarily about this.

Z0mb13 Phrog
09-11-2012, 10:15 PM
I didn't get an activation email.

Sean
09-12-2012, 02:11 PM
I didn't get an activation email.

I just kicked the system to send you a new one. It might be in your junk folder (although it shouldn't). If you don't get it within the next hour or two, let me know.

SeannyFunco
10-01-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm a backer and I just registered but haven't received the confirmation e-mail.

Jedimus
10-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi, I'm a backer and just registered, I received the confirmation email but can't access the Kickstarters forum either. I'm using the same email for Kickstarter and this forum, though it may have been a different one on Kickstarter back in the day when i pledged, not sure. Any way to get verified? Thank you.

Noakh
10-01-2012, 01:00 PM
I've just joined the ranks of people who registered but haven't gotten backer status. Any help would be rather appreciated!

CeeOfJay
10-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Having the same problem here, same e-mail and punctuation as far as I can tell :o

azef
10-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Hello, I used the same name and email but I can't access the forum.

Sean
10-01-2012, 02:26 PM
A lot of excitement going on (understandably). I'll check into all of the accounts posted (above) and if I run into any roadblocks, I'll contact you individually for more information. Chances are, your account will be upgraded by EOD at the latest!

zeekthegeek
10-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Yet another account of a backer not getting stuff automatically :P

MaximKat
10-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Same here. No activation email, no kickstarter forum access.

SRossi
10-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Another one. No activation email. Used the same email address.

The_Max
10-01-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm a backer, but it doesn't seem to tag me as one...

Sean
10-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Okay, just checked all of those above this post. If you're "green", you're good to go and should now have access to the Kickstarter group. Only one of you I needed additional info from and sent you a PM.

For anyone reading this who just registered, make sure to wait a few moments before posting. The registration links go out pretty quickly but can take up to 10 minutes for it to reach you (depending on your email host).

- Sean

CeeOfJay
10-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the quick response! I hope you guys keep this level of support when the game is released! thankyou :)

Scourge
10-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Another one. No activation email. Used the same email address.

Same here. I registered over an hour ago, and it's not in my spam folder either. Thanks!

Sean
10-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the quick response! I hope you guys keep this level of support when the game is released! thankyou :)

We do what we can!

Same here. I registered over an hour ago, and it's not in my spam folder either. Thanks!

You should now have full access to the Kickstarter section of the Stoic Community now.

If you have any questions or run into any issues, let us know!

veginator
10-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Same here.

Sean
10-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Same here.

Also fixed up!

Keezer
10-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Sorry to say I've not been recognized either. Cheers for any help.

Sean
10-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Sorry to say I've not been recognized either. Cheers for any help.

I have sent you a private message pertaining to this.

Pengouin
10-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Same here. No activation email.

Sean
10-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Same here. No activation email.

And you have also been updated! Let us know if you have any issues accessing the site.

Mosstoast
10-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Hey, I haven't been recognized as a backer either. I signed up with my current Kickstarter e-mail address but I think I changed to it after donating so that might be why.

peren
10-01-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm a backer, but I have yet to get an activation email. I can not get on the kickstarter forum. I'm using the same email as my kickstarter account.

Ogerbauch
10-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Greetings.

Same here :-(

Goncyn
10-02-2012, 10:31 AM
I registered yesterday and have not gotten an activation e-mail, either.

Sean
10-02-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm a backer, but I have yet to get an activation email. I can not get on the kickstarter forum. I'm using the same email as my kickstarter account.

Same here :-(

I registered yesterday and have not gotten an activation e-mail, either.

You three have been updated and should now be able to access the Kickstarter group!

- Sean

Roshirai
10-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Alas, I, too, appear to have failed to receive an activation e-mail.

I spit at thee, Internet demons! :)

Sean
10-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Alas, I, too, appear to have failed to receive an activation e-mail.

I spit at thee, Internet demons! :)

Luckily, easily remedied! We went ahead and confirmed and upgraded your account. You should have full access to the Kickstarter section of the Stoic Community now.

If you have any questions or run into any issues, let us know!

LanceAlittle
10-02-2012, 06:47 PM
My kickstarter email is the one I used to sign up to the forum.

Still, I can't access the Kickstarters page & have activated my account.

Thanks in advance.

Sean
10-02-2012, 08:20 PM
My kickstarter email is the one I used to sign up to the forum.

Still, I can't access the Kickstarters page & have activated my account.

Thanks in advance.

Looks like it was just an issue with capitalization in your email address. We went in and upgraded your Stoic Community account. You should now have access to the Kickstarter forum in the Stoic Community as well as have access to the beta when that time comes.

Let us know if you have any other questions or need assistance with anything!

Graskell
10-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Late register here. I just didn't see the point in signing up for yet another forum way back when the Kickstarter ended and then I sort of forgot. The recent update reminded me, but now I'm having trouble accessing the backer forums. The log in information I provided should be the same as what I have for my Kickstarter account but it says I don't have permission to enter the Kickstarter forum. Please advise.

Sean
10-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Late register here. I just didn't see the point in signing up for yet another forum way back when the Kickstarter ended and then I sort of forgot. The recent update reminded me, but now I'm having trouble accessing the backer forums. The log in information I provided should be the same as what I have for my Kickstarter account but it says I don't have permission to enter the Kickstarter forum. Please advise.

Looks like it was just an issue with capitalization in your email address. We went in and upgraded your Stoic Community account. You should now have access to the Kickstarter forum in the Stoic Community as well as have access to the beta when that time comes.

Let us know if you have any other questions or need assistance with anything!