PDA

View Full Version : Is the game bugrfree from the beginning until the end?

juanval
01-15-2014, 07:18 AM
Hello friends, a great day has arrived. I've been playing factions for a long time and I enjoyed a lot the combat and the art. My question is:

Can I play the baner saga with no problems of bugs? I want to ask this because I usually play one time this kind of games (I'm not attracted to replay the story), and I don't want to see a bug that can ruin my adventure. If there is an important bug, I can wait and play the adventure later after a patch is released.

Thanks in advance and congratulations to the developers for their big success. ;)

netnazgul
01-15-2014, 07:46 AM
should be pretty much bug-free now, but in any case game has chapter "checkpoints", so you can replay just the chapter you were in after they patch the bug

Aleonymous
01-15-2014, 08:06 AM
No big bugs, hairy and ugly... Just small unnoticeable ones, almost transparent, that only "hurt" people with OCD (like me).

Just kidding. So, from my experience, I haven't come across any game-breaking (e.g Crash-to-Desktop) bugs.

Esth
01-15-2014, 10:42 AM
Actually, I had the "go to windowed mode and crash" bug that has been in factions for some time now. Just once though.

neonovas
01-15-2014, 01:20 PM
Actually, I had the "go to windowed mode and crash" bug that has been in factions for some time now. Just once though.

I've got it twice. Though once it happened as I alt-tabbed. While annoying it really wasn't to bad since the game auto saves so much.

juanval
01-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Well. If there's no serious bugs I'll playing it soon.

Thanks for your fast answers!!!

Leartes
01-16-2014, 05:00 AM
I had one crash to desktop during a story progression from one chapter to the next. There was a savegame at the point exactly before I started the dialog, so no problem at all - but it happened.

Yellow
01-16-2014, 06:17 AM

I got twice, apart from that i cant remeber any other bug!

raven2134
01-16-2014, 09:09 AM
Seems pretty good, I mean thousands playing and there are some issues, but generally good stable build.

nullunit
01-17-2014, 04:52 AM
Hello friends, a great day has arrived. I've been playing factions for a long time and I enjoyed a lot the combat and the art. My question is:

Can I play the baner saga with no problems of bugs? I want to ask this because I usually play one time this kind of games (I'm not attracted to replay the story), and I don't want to see a bug that can ruin my adventure. If there is an important bug, I can wait and play the adventure later after a patch is released.

Thanks in advance and congratulations to the developers for their big success. ;)

I had the game lock up on me once during my first playthrough but that has not recurred for me yet. I am really happy with what has been delivered so far and am looking forward to more. I would love to see a tree of all the decision gates for the events and interactions.

Emmanuel Greene
01-17-2014, 04:48 PM
I've experienced a few issues with sound disappearing. I have a flaky external hard drive, so every once in a while it will disconnect and reconnect. Sometimes, I will hear the Windows "something was plugged in" sound, and then all the sound in The Banner Saga will go dead. It doesn't happen every time, maybe 1/3 of the time. If I exit the game and go back in, everything is starts up again.

Lochlan
01-17-2014, 06:06 PM
I've had two CTDs on loading screens (one of which was while loading a save anyway, so nothing was lost), one weird instance of Eirik teleporting across the map when I tried to attack someone, and earlier today I had a weird moment where it started playing a new music track, and then a few seconds later started playing it again over the other one (which was fixed by transitioning to a different scene). So nothing serious.

Michael
01-17-2014, 08:42 PM
I had no crashes. Just a minor side character had some leveling up issues. (i am almost certain many people dont even got to play this person)

Aleonymous
01-18-2014, 05:02 AM
one weird instance of Eirik teleporting across the map when I tried to attack someone

There was a similar bug in the demo (press preview) build concerning Rook, another Landsman-class unit. You would attempt a ranged-break (or STR-attack) and would be "teleported" to a seemingly random (but still in-range of the target) tile, and then do the attack.

Softclocks
01-18-2014, 09:18 AM
No crashes, only the one bug involving Onef.