PDA

View Full Version : Banner Saga - Bug Report Thread

egil
01-14-2014, 10:47 AM
Hi there! Just got Banner Saga off of Steam and having a good time so far. :)

There seems to be a huge graphics bug though. For some reason all the characters show up as white and apart from 3 characters (who for some reason all have bows??) everybody's male. That can't be right. I mean, the Danelaw was alot more diverse than Yorkshire is now. link (http://www.theguardian.com/science/2010/feb/26/roman-york-skeleton) Also, 3 out of 6 Viking women were buried with weapons, all of them swords.link (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/sciencefair/post/2011/07/invasion-of-the-viking-women-unearthed/1) So everybody being white dudes is clearly a bug, right???

Does anyone know how to fix this? It's getting really annoying. :(

tallkris
01-14-2014, 09:46 PM
So I loaded up my copy of TBS and was super excited to play!

...only to find there was zero audio. My headphones were plugged in - I proceeded to check my speakers, and then all my sound systems. Everything was fine. I could hear sound in every aspect of my computer, even other Steam games.

Has anyone encountered this?

Not One Of Us
01-14-2014, 11:59 PM
Right in the main menu, I can see obvious tearing, and there seems to not only be no v-sync option in the settings, but forcing it in my video card's control panel doesn't work.

Tearing is a total game breaker for me. Is there any workaround for this at the moment?

netnazgul
01-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Haven't seen any tearing through the game, but it's there when viewing credits. Apparently there is no v-sync currently

Aleonymous
01-15-2014, 03:45 AM
Strange. Have your resolved that? Have you ever played Factions? Did the sound work fine there? I would attempt to update the Adobe Flash player first...

Aleonymous
01-15-2014, 03:56 AM
No tearing in the game itself for me either. It works fine.

But, in the main-screen/menu and credits, the scrolling-down of the text is a little "choppy"... I mean it's there alright, but it hurts my eyes trying to focus on little details.

Rensei
01-15-2014, 02:21 PM
With people slowly reporting their various problems, I figured we could use one main topic so the guys have easier way to check what's up.
Mine are below - those are by no means serious ones, just thought Stoic will want to patch stuff at some point (after they're done celebrating a successful launch).

- Iver's description after his "transformation" reads {ENTITY:iver_desc}
- Nid is a monster. I promoted her right after she joined and she got something like 10 points (12 exactly - she gets 10 bonus points). She is now level 2 with only two points missing to be completely maxed.
- Game crashes after a longer session, just like Factions did.

Slimsy Platypus
01-15-2014, 02:30 PM
I experienced a bug where the game left windowed mode, froze on the loading screen, and minimized to a smaller screen size. In both cases I was exiting a battle

RoBear
01-15-2014, 06:28 PM
I found a minor spelling mistake in Chapter 2. During a conversation with Tryggvi after leaving Stogr and passing the godstone. I asked for more of his particular brand of advice and he said something about never trusting people; something about staring you in the eye through a helmet and lying. There was "your" istead of "you."

Avangantamos
01-15-2014, 07:54 PM
"Spoiler" you have been warned. While I was trying to destroy the bridge, anytime a varl got to choose who to attack (was standing next to 2/more people) he would not finish his turn. at that point I cannot take any actions besides opening the menu and either closing or reloading the game. next time I try im going to just have to hope to set it up with them all stuck with only one option to attack, but that hasnt been fruitful so far.

Aleonymous
01-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Here's some from me:

Sigbjorn's description (when in PGs/Heroes screen) is the generic WH from Factions, not personalized.
Typo -- Right after/before meeting Sig, there's a typo saying something like "...they caravan..." (the "y" shouldn't be there).
Buff/Debuff icon flashing on all character portraits (check pic below)
I think I had an issue with the Silver Arrow vs. Bellower, but didn't grab a snapshot. So, his ARM was at 10 and so was Rook's STR. Rook was in-range and the UI lighted up the purple tiles for the Silver Arrow attack. However, even though Bellower was in-range (one of his 2x2 tiles was), I couldn't select him as a target!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99633386/TBS_Bug_DebuffOnAllUnits.jpg

RoBear
01-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Spelling mistake first time talking to Yrsa; "She watches you approach with her held tilted back, and points a thumb toward Ludin's tent." Direct quote.

gotthammer
01-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Just two bugs:
- stopped responding after a few hours. Only happened once, and I was alt+tab'ing a lot.

- when I used Rook's "Mark Prey" ability on a dredge ranged unit (slinger?): the ability triggered, multiple units attacked the dredge (including ranged attack from 2 of my archers) slinger moved (was moving while taking damage, if I remember the animation sequence correctly). After moving and damage had been dealt (it survived), the combat turn didn't progress/move to the next turn.
Everything else in the UI seemed fine, but I couldn't do anything to continue the fight. I loaded a game and went through the fight again w/ no problem, and I've never encountered that or a similar bug again.

I think I also saw some typos and maybe a grammatical error or two, but I didn't take note. Sorry.

ChrisFryer
01-15-2014, 09:14 PM
When I boot up the game and it enters the title screen I see no menu and no matter what button I press or wherever I move the mouse and click I cannot go any further.

I somehow managed to make the menu appear once and got into the game. I was able to load the game and everything worked just fine.

But now when I could play the game again, I press escape on the title screen and try to resume or to load a game it doesn’t work. There is seemingly no games to load when I click resume it goes back to the title screen.
Here are some pictures to show you what is happening.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1560452_10152201093980844_1325669306_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1471104_10152201093965844_358629927_n.jpg

angelcatano
01-15-2014, 11:20 PM
Can corroborate this, but mine happened in another transition, think from a conversation into a city view
- Iver's description after his "transformation" reads {ENTITY:iver_desc} as well
Sigbjorn's description (when in PGs/Heroes screen) is the generic WH from Factions, not personalized.

and a new one:

several typeos:
Iver carrying (SPOILER) Allette with his Arms
The description of the Ventur Sea, last sentence seems to be wrong, It says: "...and no ports of note alone the east coast..." , feels like alone should be along

Aleonymous
01-16-2014, 04:00 AM
when I used Rook's "Mark Prey" ability on a dredge ranged unit (slinger?): the ability triggered, multiple units attacked the dredge (including ranged attack from 2 of my archers) slinger moved (was moving while taking damage, if I remember the animation sequence correctly). After moving and damage had been dealt (it survived), the combat turn didn't progress/move to the next turn.
Everything else in the UI seemed fine, but I couldn't do anything to continue the fight. I loaded a game and went through the fight again w/ no problem, and I've never encountered that or a similar bug again.

I think this is the infamous game-stopping bug that they've been hunting for a long time! Where there any burning coals around? I would suggest that you find & backup the game logs, where this bug happened, and email them to Stoic.

LoliSauce
01-16-2014, 04:56 AM
Okay, so I caught a bug on video. It's also relating to the slingers, but it didn't hang the entire match. In the fight, I had used Tempest on two adjacent dredge, the grunt died from the attack but the slinger was brought to 1 STR, which he then took the shockwave's splash damage, killing him as he started his move animation away. As you can see in the video, he got stuck looping the move animation (complete with repeating footstep sounds and everything) though he was dead.

http://www.twitch.tv/lolisauce/b/495595333 (skip forward to 1:50:45)

Sounds like these slingers have been causing some issues, eh?

Leartes
01-16-2014, 05:02 AM
Transition from chapter 4 to 5, I started the dialog at the end of chapter 4 and when it should jump to the scene with Juno it went from fullscreen to windowed and the screen stayed black with the 'loading' text in the bottom right corner.

angelfromanotherpin
01-16-2014, 07:06 AM
I chose Rook to carry the arrow, but it's not showing up in his action selection, so I can't tag Bellower with it and proceed.

simon280586
01-16-2014, 08:51 AM
- when I used Rook's "Mark Prey" ability on a dredge ranged unit (slinger?): the ability triggered, multiple units attacked the dredge (including ranged attack from 2 of my archers) slinger moved (was moving while taking damage, if I remember the animation sequence correctly). After moving and damage had been dealt (it survived), the combat turn didn't progress/move to the next turn.

I just had exactly the same issue, using the same ability. I have the log if needed, but can't seem to attach it here.

Tatski
01-16-2014, 12:03 PM
Not a bug but a sprite issue. A bow will apear when Eirik attacks/break with his back facing the screen (It triggered when he was facing North/West position).

quartex
01-16-2014, 01:35 PM
I'm working through chapter 4, I fought my first war, charged in and did pretty well. After winning, I decided to mop up the remnant and handily defeated 4 more dredge. The next time I had a battle, I did the same thing. I should have realized that being outnumbered meant the odds would be worse, when I decided to attack the flee dredge after my victory I was presented with 6 more dredge. Ouch. I tried my best, but lost. In the death scene of a certain character I saw the following typo:

Many warriors fall in the retreat. "It will take take, but we'll have to go around the village," says Mogr.

My first loss in the game, but I doubt it will be my last. Loving it so far!

Butok
01-16-2014, 02:40 PM
So I lost the battle against Ekkill's men but didn't get the game over and got kicked out of the city, so I just continued playing.

But later on I got an event with Alette talking about Ekkill being in our group with a guy named Olef I never met. The event assumed that somehow I recruited them.

Same in chapter 6 when Nid says she was angry I let Ekkill in the caravan.

Not gamebreaking but bothering !

D_W
01-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Hello,

I experienced a bug in Chapter 5 where an enemy AI character moved to a location then didn't do anything else, essentially locking the game. I had to quit and restart the battle. Here's a video of it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXxf7iR4N-4) I have not tried again and do not know what caused it or if it is repeatable, but still felt it should be brought to you guys attention.

RoBear
01-16-2014, 09:44 PM
Had a travel event on the road to Sigrholm, travelling along the high pass, right after the town starting with H. The event let me stay the night in a ricketty abandoned fort. I took a risk and lost some Clansmen, but my clansmen count didn't change.

RoBear
01-16-2014, 10:33 PM
Spelling error while talking to Eyvind in Sigrholm. Took the long way around the high pass, when I first got to Sigrholm I talked to Eyvind and at the end of the conversation he said; "The menders are in Arberrang. If we can find ships and make it the capital, we might have a chance." Should be "to the capital."

LearningTheCurve
01-16-2014, 10:45 PM
Biggest issue is that the game crashes after a longer bit of playing. Rensei also mentioned this. Also happens to me in Factions. It feels like a memory leak to me since it gets worse as it goes. I am guessing it is because Adobe is used, or is the main thing used. Remember hearing the developers mention that Adobe updated while they were making the game and they could no longer test game play as much afterward, when they had their Reddit Ask Me Anything. So I just assume it is a memory leak and it is Adobe's fault and it probably can't be fixed on the developers' side. I'm on Windows XP. I figure the Adobe problem interacts a bit differently with different OSes. Anyway, I'm sure it is a known issue.

I shut both games down intermittently and then open them right back up to stop the memory leak. it gets old though.

I'm likely out of my depth, but at certain (not all) "loading" screen shots it would be interesting if the game could call a function to stop the Adobe engine -- utilize some scripts or code outside of Adobe, then start Adobe back up with it's memory leak extinguished, then finish "loading." Seems possible. Any solution faster than me exiting the game and re-opening the game before a problem occurs.

RoBear
01-17-2014, 12:16 AM
During the mutiny scenario it said Egil died but I already lost him at the big bridge.

RoBear
01-17-2014, 01:29 AM
Not necessarily a bug but might be; when you use ranks two and 3 of mending touch it spends the willpower first then gives armour for half the remaining willpower. This makes using rank two and 3 completely useless until you have 11 or more willpower. Intended? I get that it can be a very strong spell if your enemies are focusing a single high armour target, but it doesn't seem overpowered.

Covnam
01-17-2014, 02:01 AM
Hakon's in game (during cutscenes/conversations) character has silver... accessories on his mustache, but his in game portrait (when selecting him for battle for instance) has gold accessories. His character portrait on the character page is the same (http://stoicstudio.com/characters/). Not sure which is supposed to be right, but I'm guessing changing the character portraits would be easier then the in-game animations for cutscenes.

KrispyK
01-17-2014, 02:03 PM

I just had exactly the same issue, using the same ability. I have the log if needed, but can't seem to attach it here.

Same issue here. Fighting war on the way to Sigrholm - Used Rook's mark prey on a Slinger which triggers hits by Tryggvi and Alette - Slinger moves away and then the battle doesn't progress. Tried it twice and both times same thing happenes.

Jorgensager
01-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Bugs:

The red bleed indicator on the initiative bar disappears on the slingers since they walk straight away. The effect then only works occasionally in the following turn (e.g. on the slinger's next, but not in every other case they are moved about by friends or foes).

I found some other lacking markers as well, though I think it was in the case of a varl which had 3 active ones (one about him being injured, then two others of which one didn't display on the bar or in his info when clicking him, but it was still active). Can't remember the details since it's a couple of days ago, and I didn't make a note of it.

I believe hitting the Escape key at some point in battle (probably the beginning while the camera is moving - can't remember) sends the game to windowed mode to crash, rather than bringing up the menu.

Some inconsistencies:

Some events simply do not correspond with the state of your saga, e.g. I got some dialogue about Ekkil and Onef after leaving the city behind, even though I went for the *killing the thugs* option (i.e. Onef was wasted straight away, and then I told Ekkil to get lost and killed more of his guys for round 2).. i.e. without the event about anyone catching up and joining. Still Allette speaks to him regularly.

Another one is this:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z54/brotheroflink/NoVarlExist.png (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/brotheroflink/media/NoVarlExist.png.html)
(there are no varl present in the caravan)

At the end, when fetching the silver for the arrow, there is a screen saying something like "... you follow Juno ...", to be followed by this:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z54/brotheroflink/ontheroadFOLLOWINGJuno.png (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/brotheroflink/media/ontheroadFOLLOWINGJuno.png.html)
Minor but immersion breaking.

Other:

Glowing bombs are hidden under dead bodies, which is both impractical and illogical.

A blinding slingshot works even if its strength effect shows as "deflected". Not sure whether this is good or not, but it's rather minor in any case.

Finally one I'm not sure about:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z54/brotheroflink/2x_str_dmg_or_str_dmg_twice.png (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/brotheroflink/media/2x_str_dmg_or_str_dmg_twice.png.html)
Does the Skystriker actually cause two times the strength damage, or strength damage twice? I didn't test it out since I wanted to win that battle with minimal losses, and otherwise didn't have a suitable time to test it. (My point being that Rain of Arrows 2 should say "causing strength damage twice" rather than "causing 2x strength damage" for clarity if that is the case, since the difference between hitting with 7 strength twice and 14 strength once is major).

Rensei
01-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Skystriker shoots 1/2/3 arrows in the air (depending on ability level). They do normal str (including pierce if she didn't move), normal str +1dmg and normal str +2dmg upon triggering (or when Your unit is unfortunate to land there before she gets her next turn).
Minimum damage is 1 + (1+1) + (1+2) = 6 dmg, but can get out of control with proper preparations (can get over 100 with +str or crit items).

In Your example lets say she didn't move before shooting, uses rank 2 and she has 7 str:
- if the big 17/12 guy triggers the trap, he will be hit for 1+2 = 3dmg
- if the small, already stripped of armour 6/12 guy triggers it, he will be hit for 4+5 = 9dmg
the more armour stripped, the better, though this particular ability is more about control and not having to worry about one big dredge, rather than dmg.

Yellow
01-17-2014, 04:43 PM
- Iver's description after his "transformation" reads {ENTITY:iver_desc}
- Nid starts at level 1 with like 10 points. She is now level 2 with only two points missing to be completely maxed.
- Game crashes after a longer session, just like Factions did.

^This, also:

-After leaving Einartoft(if you get the approval to destroy the bridge) it is said in a conversation that half the garrison supposedly joins you(this is bugged however, the varls and fighters do not actually join/add to your caravan)

-A little bit later on, Uvin also join you with his party(but this is also bugged no units get added to the total you have)

-Nid description is one of the default archer ones from Factions

Kuba
01-17-2014, 04:57 PM
In the tutorial, enemy Chieftain has generic Trasher portrait. It would be nice to have his portrait in correct colors.

Jorgensager
01-17-2014, 05:01 PM
Skystriker shoots 1/2/3 arrows in the air (depending on ability level). They do normal str (including pierce if she didn't move), normal str +1dmg and normal str +2dmg upon triggering (or when Your unit is unfortunate to land there before she gets her next turn).
Minimum damage is 1 + (1+1) + (1+2) = 6 dmg, but can get out of control with proper preparations (can get over 100 with +str or crit items).

In Your example lets say she didn't move before shooting, uses rank 2 and she has 7 str:
- if the big 17/12 guy triggers the trap, he will be hit for 1+2 = 3dmg
- if the small, already stripped of armour 6/12 guy triggers it, he will be hit for 4+5 = 9dmg
the more armour stripped, the better, though this particular ability is more about control and not having to worry about one big dredge, rather than dmg.

That's what I expected, but not what the description text says at all, so I assumed it was changed. ~> The description needs improvement!

PS: I was setting the upcoming 10/7 up for a triple Arc Lightning shot. Later in the same battle I set up and executed a quadruple:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z54/brotheroflink/multi_kill2.png (http://s193.photobucket.com/user/brotheroflink/media/multi_kill2.png.html)
;)

Rensei
01-17-2014, 05:02 PM
SPOILER!
- Rook was unable to shoot the silver arrow - for some reason his Hunter ability was overriding the spell. Solved it by using keyboard shortcut [2]

Michael
01-17-2014, 05:39 PM
I got "Nid" to Rank 4 Bowmaster. - I cannot use the points i got because all her States (exept Abilety which you cant raise with States points) are already maxed out.

Armor 8/8
Strength 10/10
Willpower 12/12
Exertion 3/3
Break 2/2

Meuhoua
01-17-2014, 06:36 PM
Is that a bug ?

I'm against the Bellower phase 2 and he gain initiave also when i hit on armor (his skill say he gain it when is hurt - so when STR are aimed, no ?)

Nodawe
01-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Hello,

I experienced a bug in Chapter 5 where an enemy AI character moved to a location then didn't do anything else, essentially locking the game. I had to quit and restart the battle. Here's a video of it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXxf7iR4N-4) I have not tried again and do not know what caused it or if it is repeatable, but still felt it should be brought to you guys attention.

I got this too. Well I'm pretty sure it's chapter 5 (fighting on the bridge to help destroy it). Won the first battle against the Dredge, then the battle straight after against the Varl, twice the AI has moved towards one of my units and done nothing. So I'm pretty stuck right now :(

Eurydice
01-17-2014, 08:48 PM
I think I'm experiencing a bug (though it may very well be that I am dozy and missed something completely) in that I never get an item as a reward for winning the second battle in a war (i.e. when you chase the routing dredge).
From the language of the options and from what people have said on the forum I was under the impression (perhaps mistakenly) that you get a random item for doing that, but I've won at least five of those encounters with no reward other than glory (and fame). Anyone else have this happen to them?

Dranore
01-18-2014, 04:04 AM
After leaving the Varl fortress, the game loads with only a small rectangle of the view of the travel background animation is visible. The UI widget at the top shows and functions correctly. If I go to the map and return, there is no change. If I reload, there is no change. If I leave fullscreen, and the view isn't maximized. It works. I can change the width and height freely. The animation plays smoothly. If I maximize or return to fullscreen it stops working again. I'll report back if it stops naturally. The game has worked without this problem till this chapter began. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/kFPAute.jpg (http://imgur.com/kFPAute)

ATI HD 6800, Windows 7 64-bit, playing version 2.1.32

Olodyn
01-18-2014, 04:55 AM
"Spoiler" you have been warned. While I was trying to destroy the bridge, anytime a varl got to choose who to attack (was standing next to 2/more people) he would not finish his turn. at that point I cannot take any actions besides opening the menu and either closing or reloading the game. next time I try im going to just have to hope to set it up with them all stuck with only one option to attack, but that hasnt been fruitful so far.
I can corroborate this, happened to me as well, game stopping bug which is really annoying.

Edit: Screenshot here: http://imgur.com/Kg9NAl3

Aleonymous
01-18-2014, 05:21 AM
Ouch :(

This sub-forum is Factions Help & Support. The mods/admins should move this to a more appropriate location.

Dranore
01-18-2014, 05:25 AM
Ouch :(

This sub-forum is Factions Help & Support. The mods/admins should move this to a more appropriate location.

My apologies. Yes please, move this to the correct support forum.

Also, for the record, I don't seem to have access to a Support forum for the non-Factions game.

Aleonymous
01-18-2014, 05:34 AM
PS: I was setting the upcoming 10/7 up for a triple Arc Lightning shot. Later in the same battle I set up and executed a quadruple;)

Zapping! :D I've also done a quad-arc (once), but didn't capture it on screenshot so well!

Rook was unable to shoot the silver arrow - for some reason his Hunter ability was overriding the spell. Solved it by using keyboard shortcut [2]

What? There are keyboard shortcuts in-battle ?!? :confused: I've had something similar with Rook. The silver-arrow ability would activate, but the target (Bellower) wasn't selectable, even though he was in range (and his ARM equal/below my STR).

I got "Nid" to Rank 4 Bowmaster. - I cannot use the points i got because all her States (exept Abilety which you cant raise with States points) are already maxed out.

That's certainly a bug. I think that Nid was intended to be "given" at Rank-5 (not Rank-1) so that you get to allocate her 8 points yourself, just how it happens with Eyvind (and some other rank-maxed characters like Sigbjorn [the red WH]).

Is that a bug ? I'm against the Bellower phase 2 and he gain initiave also when i hit on armor (his skill say he gain it when is hurt - so when STR are aimed, no ?)

I don't know what was intended. The ability surely "works" this way too (albeit the poor Stonesinger doesn't get to act at all in this fight! ;)), in which case they should just change the description.

raven2134
01-18-2014, 08:25 AM
Yes, with things busy (and the forums actually not so post heavy atm), the organization hasn't been a big deal (yet). We'll get around to it eventually.

Thanks for reporting.

RoBear
01-18-2014, 11:42 AM
I think I'm experiencing a bug (though it may very well be that I am dozy and missed something completely) in that I never get an item as a reward for winning the second battle in a war (i.e. when you chase the routing dredge).
From the language of the options and from what people have said on the forum I was under the impression (perhaps mistakenly) that you get a random item for doing that, but I've won at least five of those encounters with no reward other than glory (and fame). Anyone else have this happen to them?

Eurydice I'm in the same boat, I've done half a dozen extra fights for loot and got nothing. I've talked to others on the forums though and some people have gotten items almost every fight. It sounds like it's not a bug but since the gods are dead the rng is just wacky.

Noble
01-18-2014, 12:20 PM
In my first game I got to the point where you can recruit the Thrasher twins and chose to side with them, then failed the battle. The epilogue to the fight said they lay dead in the field for fighting against the town, but then they ended up as part of my roster and came up in some events.

Ninjaiguana
01-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Spoilers ahead, so be warned;

I jobbed Onef back in Frostveller (I think, anyway - attacked the food cart), and left Ekkill back there as well. Never had him try to join my group at all, just sic some thugs on me before I left. But now, just after Wyrmtoe, apparently Alette's been talking to Ekkill somehow! I went and killed Mr Crazy Eyes (hey, he wasn't available in my heroes list, and nobody rides for free! ;)), but I've still apparently got Onef with my caravan, despite him being 6 feet under and his body being hundreds of miles away.

This is actually my second run through the game, and I specifically *don't* want those 2 with my caravan this time for...reasons. I'm hoping this bug isn't going to keep thinking they're in my party later on.

Blarg_the_Viking
01-18-2014, 12:53 PM
When I boot up the game and it enters the title screen I see no menu and no matter what button I press or wherever I move the mouse and click I cannot go any further.

I somehow managed to make the menu appear once and got into the game. I was able to load the game and everything worked just fine.

But now when I could play the game again, I press escape on the title screen and try to resume or to load a game it doesn’t work. There is seemingly no games to load when I click resume it goes back to the title screen.

I have this problem as well. My save files look like they're intact, but I can't load anything because they don't appear on the loading screen. I've copied out my save folder, and I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Bastilean
01-18-2014, 05:21 PM
After leaving the Varl fortress, the game loads with only a small rectangle of the view of the travel background animation is visible. The UI widget at the top shows and functions correctly. If I go to the map and return, there is no change. If I reload, there is no change. If I leave fullscreen, and the view isn't maximized. It works. I can change the width and height freely. The animation plays smoothly. If I maximize or return to fullscreen it stops working again. I'll report back if it stops naturally. The game has worked without this problem till this chapter began. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/kFPAute.jpg (http://imgur.com/kFPAute)

I am also experiencing this issue!

ChudCentral
01-18-2014, 06:13 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1560452_10152201093980844_1325669306_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1471104_10152201093965844_358629927_n.jpg

I'm having this exact same issue and I haven't seen any resolutions for it yet.
Anyone know what the deal with it is? I'm really eager to play this game.

Eurydice
01-18-2014, 07:46 PM
Eurydice I'm in the same boat, I've done half a dozen extra fights for loot and got nothing. I've talked to others on the forums though and some people have gotten items almost every fight. It sounds like it's not a bug but since the gods are dead the rng is just wacky.

Ah! Glad I'm not the only one cursed by dead gods... I'll keep butchering Dredge then and see what happens!

Blarg_the_Viking
01-18-2014, 09:44 PM
I'm having this exact same issue and I haven't seen any resolutions for it yet.
Anyone know what the deal with it is? I'm really eager to play this game.

Update - I figured out what was causing my problem, this might apply to ChudCentral and ChrisFryer as well. Basically, my save file got messed up. In my case, it's because I opened it up in a text editor and started futzing around without really knowing what I was doing, but once I undid my changes, the game menus and loading screen started working normally again.

If you're not the kind of person who likes to edit game files, something you might try is going into your users/(your user name)/appdata/roaming/thebannersaga directory, finding the save folder, and deleting the most recent save (make a copy first and move it to another directory, just in case).

Aleonymous
01-19-2014, 03:42 AM
Ah! Glad I'm not the only one cursed by dead gods... I'll keep butchering Dredge then and see what happens!

I'd wager that the chances to get an item from taking up a second-wave increase for Hard. It's only to be expected, right? Confirmation would be appreciated.

Kuba
01-19-2014, 06:39 AM
I noticed two minor things: 1) In camp there are some varls, even your caravan has zero varls. 2) In first meeting with Mogun and Hogun, Mogun is mirrored, so he has scar differently on his face, but I guess this applies to almost everyone.

bampot17
01-19-2014, 08:13 AM
A couple of bugs:

When you pin the game to taskbar in Windows 7 it boots a different game menu offering the option to load either Banner Sage or Factions but the mouse buttons don't work. Nothing is clickable and you end up having to alt-f4 to exit.
When you open the steam overlay it freezes the game, alt-tab wont close it, using the hyperlink steam offer will but the functionality of the overlay is useless.

Beautiful game, very much enjoying it.

Bastilean
01-19-2014, 10:54 AM

This problem is associated with screen resolution size. When I increased my screen resolution it went away.

Eurydice
01-19-2014, 01:03 PM
I'd wager that the chances to get an item from taking up a second-wave increase for Hard. It's only to be expected, right? Confirmation would be appreciated.

Good point, I've only played on normal so far. I'll try on hard and see if that makes a difference!

By the way, seeing as we're pointing out typos, I noticed that "ice floes" was spelt "ice flows" in one of the map descriptions. Sorry I can't be more precise but I'm not home right now so can't check.

Kuba
01-19-2014, 03:48 PM
In conversation with Mogr about what to do with spoiled food and after sending ill warriors with escort there is: Within few hours the warriors depart for strand. Should be Strand.

tjames79
01-19-2014, 04:40 PM

Deleting the save file brings the menu options up on the start screen.
C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\TheBannerSaga\ Local Store\save\

I think my save got corrupted because my computer crashed. Anyway, you could move the file or delete it. But when it's gone from the save folder, restart game and viola! Menu Options!!

Aleonymous
01-19-2014, 04:42 PM
Some suggestions:

Location Highlighting -- Sometimes, in cities/villages/camps the cyan-text over a whitish background isn't visible (e.g. Heroes' Tent in Boersgard).
Training Tent -- I would like an "Assemble Your Heroes" screen before jumping into training combat.
Savegames -- I'd like the Chapter in which each save-location is made to be explicitly shown. Also, there's a weird comma-sign before the date of the save?
+1 Renown kill-banner -- I believe that large 2x2 Dredge give +3 Renown per-kill, not +1, right?

anevilyak
01-19-2014, 04:48 PM
I seem to have hit some kind of problem as far as marking the game as completed. After the ending credits scroll by, the game simply sits there. Hitting escape results in going back to the main menu, but none of the "complete the game"-related achievements are unlocked, and picking continue puts me right back at the final battle as if the save hasn't been touched. This is reproducible over here, if the corresponding save files would help.

Korica
01-19-2014, 08:07 PM
I do not have a screencap or exact text available, but I'm pretty sure I was a typo during the end of the game.

SPOILERS

When you are going down to the docks with Iver to send off whoever died against Bellower, Iver says something like "I had a ship prepared for him/her" BUT there was a typo of the sentence containing too many uses of "it"
Or something like that. Like I said, I cannot remember exactly what it was, but I'm pretty sure there was an error there.

RobertTheScott
01-19-2014, 11:30 PM
This problem is associated with screen resolution size. When I increased my screen resolution it went away.

I had the opposite problem from Bastilean (again as I was leaving the same location). For me, the screen stayed visible, but the information panel at the top is gone (whether or not that little gray arrow is clicked up or down.) This was rather annoying, as I could neither stop to rest, nor tell the state of my supplies or morale. I'll try to see if changing my resolution fixes the problem tomorrow, but in any case it seems like a bug that needs to be fixed.

acordaamor
01-20-2014, 12:28 AM
Yes, I had the same experience after winning the battle against Ekkill -- Alette comes and tells me that Ekkill has been talking to her and I have the option of speaking to Olef about it, although neither Ekkill nor Olef joined my party.

Flavin
01-20-2014, 02:26 PM
Encountered a game-breaking bug.

I have only recently started the game. After I leave the Strand, my party stops and has a conversation. One of the characters says he will bring up a map. A loading screen comes up, but nothing ever loads. I can't do anything but quit the game.

YoThatLimp
01-20-2014, 04:29 PM
I can corroborate this, happened to me as well, game stopping bug which is really annoying.

Edit: Screenshot here: http://imgur.com/Kg9NAl3

I am having the same issue as well!

http://imgur.com/0I7PoRr

corrompido
01-20-2014, 05:19 PM
Really excited for this game, but this weekend I hit a point where I can get the game to hang after a battle every time (for 6+ attempts now.)

Some light spoilers ahead:
It's when you are with the Varl heavy group, and you go up to the tower. I go to the top there, fight the battle up there (the one with a bunch of slingers and a hole in the middle of the map.) Once I complete that battle, I get the dialogue choices about the bodies found up there, select one (search the bodies,) and then go to the battle choices as we go back down the tower. It seems like no matter what I choose on how to approach the battle, it goes to a black screen with the loading dialogue and hangs there forever.

Any tips on how to get by that? Have tried different battle approaches, windowed mode, full screen mode, etc. Very annoying as the save spot is before the battle on the tower so I have to redo it every single time.

RabbitBee
01-20-2014, 05:38 PM
Not too sure if this is just Steam durping or if it's related to the game, but I had my chat windows lock up when I was shift tabbed to Steam chat while in game. Specifically, I'd hit one key and that key would just lock and keep spamming until I went back to the game. If I alt tabbed to the chat windows out of game they worked fine, just no in-game.

Toskk
01-20-2014, 11:53 PM
Hopefully this has not been mentioned here (or elsewhere) before, but Eyvind's lightning attack appears to be stuck at the rank 1 value (2 str damage), and never increases to either rank 2 or rank 3.

balnoisi
01-21-2014, 08:00 AM
not bugs but still.

on the map, Vetur Sea description text : says "alone", shouldn't it be "along" ?

there's this character Nid, she does not have a personal background text as others, instead she has the bowmaster class description.

Aleonymous
01-21-2014, 08:13 AM
Inconsistencies/Omissions:

Dredge Fire-Slinger ability: It should have an active "buff" icon lit on the unit's portrait (in turn-queue) for the crystal-explosion. Something like the SnB & RoA. When there's a lot of them, it's good to know whose "time-bombs" are active and when are they gonna blow.
Dredge Scourge "Summon" ability: This one has the raidermaster's animation (when activated) and "buff" icon (on turn-queue portrait). Shouldn't it have a dedicated one?

Typo:
Chapter 3 @ Ridgehorn -- After rescuing Eyvind, and if Ludin and his crew scuttle off scared, and taking the decision to camp in the ruined fort to rest, there is this conversation between Hakon & Mogr, where Hakon tell's Mogr how to plan the camp (post sentries etc). There is two options and the second one is obviously mistyped, starting with something like "2: re,".

elvith
01-21-2014, 04:00 PM
Hi,

Crash to desktop when I try to close the game. Since I want to end the game anyway, it's not a really big problem...

Error message reads (translated) "The command in 0x6660d2b4 points to memory 0x138daf00. The command 'read' can not be processed. Click OK to exit the program"186

Daniel M. Kane
01-21-2014, 04:13 PM
Krumr and Onef have generic class bios.

Ekkill's active ability doesn't do seem to do normal str damage (as the description says), but only the knockback damage. Also, he doesn't seem to be getting kill credit (for promotion) when enemies are killed with his active. Mine got a double kill with his active in my last battle but still shows 1/2 kills for promotion.

EDIT: Ekkill *does* do damage other than the knockback... but it's always 1. Even with full strength and a fully-armor-broken enemy, the "normal strength damage" only does 1. If this is WAD, the ability description should be revised to reflect that.

Kuba
01-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Some bugs I have found, maybe some of them are already reported.

1) As stated by many posters, heroes have generic descriptions (Nid, Sigbjorn), Alette after change hasn't description at all, only {ENTITY:eagleeye_desc}
2) Conversation with Bolverk has typo: You didn't go to get a mender. Wheres a mead? - should be Where's mead?
3) Leaving Sigrholm by "caulk" option is lowering days count by 2.

Flavin
01-21-2014, 06:30 PM
Encountered a game-breaking bug.

I have only recently started the game. After I leave the Strand, my party stops and has a conversation. One of the characters says he will bring up a map. A loading screen comes up, but nothing ever loads. I can't do anything but quit the game.

More detail on this. I found the game's log files. Here's a dump of the log from the point of the game I mentioned.

[INFO] (TBS-0) 2500 147687 CONVO [line] (vognir): Haah. We're only two days out of Strand, you know. Come, I'll show you on a map.
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2508 148239 SteamworksAne.onStatusEvent info: Steam overlay now active
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2576 152326 SteamworksAne.onStatusEvent info: Steam overlay now inactive
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2612 154505 ‡‡‡ ACTION END [CONVO cnv_chat_directions2 stg_village_snow false (27) happening=chat_directions] 50973 ms
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2612 154505 ∆∆∆ SAGA UNPAUSE 1 [CONVO cnv_chat_directions2 stg_village_snow false (27) happening=chat_directions]
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2612 154505 ∆∆∆ SAGA UNPAUSED
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2612 154505 ĆĆĆ UN-HALTING action unpaused [CONVO cnv_chat_directions2 stg_village_snow false (27) happening=chat_directions] from _halting=2
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2612 154505 ‡‡‡ ACTION START [CAMP_MAP false 0 (28) happening=chat_directions]
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2612 154505 ĆĆĆ DO-HALTING CAMP_MAP false 0 (28) happening=chat_directions
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2612 154506 Fsm.setCurrentState [GameFsm/SceneState[stg_village_snow]] to=game.session.states::MapCampLoadState
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2620 155008 SteamworksAne.onStatusEvent info: Steam overlay now active
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2623 158329 MEMORY SIZE: 306 MB
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2627 162401 MEMORY SIZE: 446 MB
[ERROR] (TBS-0) 2628 162418 Failure emitting complete callback for file:///Users/****/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/tbs/assets/saga1/scene/map/map_camp_tent2.png: ArgumentError: Error #2015
at engine.resource::BitmapResource/internalOnLoadComplete()
at engine.resource::Resource/onLoadComplete()
at engine.resource.loader::IResourceLoader/emitCompleteCallback()
at engine.resource.loader::DisplayResourceLoader/onLoadComplete()
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2631 164280 SteamworksAne.onStatusEvent info: Steam overlay now inactive
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2846 166436 GameMainAir.exitingHandler autoExit=true, event=[Event type="exiting" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2846 166439 ∏∏∏ HAPPENING END [chat_directions]
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2846 166439 ‡‡‡ ACTION END [CAMP_MAP false 0 (28) happening=chat_directions] 11934 ms
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2846 166439 ĆĆĆ UN-HALTING CAMP_MAP false 0 (28) happening=chat_directions from _halting=2
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2846 166441 Fsm.stopFsm [GameFsm/MapCampLoadState[map_camp]] false
[INFO] (TBS-0) 2846 167059 exitTimerCompleteHandler

I looked up the map image file that caused the error, and it seems broken. (I wanted to include a preview here, but it won't even load.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugwrlcczgj9h9fl/map_camp_tent2.png

I'll try deleting the game and downloading it again. I'll modify this post later with an update on my progress.

Ditcho
01-21-2014, 07:28 PM
Mild spoilers?

• I've also had the same issue as a few others where the game has crashed on me (twice on the bridge, twice at other battles and once right at the end of Bellower). It either switches to windowed mode and plays the loading screen forever, or it stalls mid-battle, usually on the enemy's turn – the idle animations and music still go but nothing happens and I have to force quit the game.

• Some inconsistencies (similar to others): At the great Olef incident of 2014, Egil dies but that kid didn't get past the first five minutes of playing xD Also there's been a few messages of "supplies gone missing/supplies stolen/words to that effect" and I've had zero of everything. Hardly game breaking, but it's amusing when reading that some berks' run off with supplies when I had none to begin with.

Flavin
01-22-2014, 08:22 AM
I looked up the map image file that caused the error, and it seems broken.

I'll try deleting the game and downloading it again. I'll modify this post later with an update on my progress.
Deleting my game files and downloading again worked. That map file was corrupt, and got fixed with the redownload.

Priceless
01-22-2014, 12:29 PM
Is somebody already wrote about bug with Iver's biography after he lost his hand in a battle? Instead biography you can see a part of code.
Also have a bug with Nid, but it may be related to other characters. After I promote Nid for 2 level, she get 10(!) points, so I maximize her traits by only 1 promotion. I think this is not normal, isn't it?

http://i57.fastpic.ru/thumb/2014/0123/4a/3fdd1f662dff81314d5ee38d3c1b4c4a.jpeg (http://fastpic.ru/view/57/2014/0123/3fdd1f662dff81314d5ee38d3c1b4c4a.jpg.html)

http://i59.fastpic.ru/thumb/2014/0123/8c/7d9efb60e14b2f0497cb65f4125eff8c.jpeg (http://fastpic.ru/view/59/2014/0123/7d9efb60e14b2f0497cb65f4125eff8c.jpg.html)

RathWolf
01-22-2014, 09:16 PM
Experienced these bugs as of build 2.1.65

1.While the Alette interaction with Ekkill may be fixed, Nid still mentions that he is traveling with you, even if you never took him in.

2.In Boersgard, if you load after securing safe lodging for your clansman, they are no longer considered to have safe lodging and the clan desertion event happens as such.

mercviper
01-23-2014, 05:27 PM
Not sure if bugged or designed for the following:

Difficulties reset to 'Normal' after exiting the game, i.e. they don't save the last setting used. When I completed my first playthrough I thought it was on Hard but then I got the Normal achievement. :P

When promoting a character, if I want to cancel the promotion (not click continue) I have to back out to the heroes' selection screen instead of just going back to the stats screen. It works but I feel annoyed each time I do that since I don't remember the renown costs for promotion so I click to check the cost, but then want to see stats/skill ranks again and am blocked by the promotion banner.

balnoisi
01-23-2014, 07:54 PM
in the very last interactive moment, just before the final sequence you can go check the heroes tent/house. and then :

if Alette is alive, you can see her sporting that new look, but she is brought back to rank 1 ( from 5 ) with no kills also checking the background info box gives no description.

http://s17.postimg.org/scgj3e48v/tbs_fin_Alette_BOX.jpg

** why is not active in this forum ?

mercviper
01-24-2014, 04:17 AM
If a dredge scourge is in the process of summoning a new unit when the battle enters pillage phase, i.e. it becomes the last one standing when its last action is to summon, you can have pillage phase with 2 enemies.

Aleonymous
01-24-2014, 04:45 AM
The windows-taskbar icon, when the game is running, does not match the desktop-launch icon. The former is the Factions' one (orange-red Juno) while the latter is the stylized "B" from the logo.

Yellow
01-24-2014, 05:21 AM
Another "bug" :

Gronnulf starts with 2 exertion points on the tutorial, but later on when you check his stats, his exertion is down to 0, why? It makes him very weak early on, making us spend the early new points in something he already had at the tutorial!

at first i tough it was intended, but the more one thinks of it, the less sense it makes.

Enkeli
01-24-2014, 04:40 PM
At the end of the game, Alette was reset to level 1 and lost her item. This is possibly linked to her appearance being changed, with her putting the hood on. (The item was also not in my list anymore). This may be problematic for the sequel, if artifacts and levels are supposed to transfer.

In general it is too easy to lose items completely. If a character dies, the item should be returned to the list, rather than lost. Otherwise I will feel like I have to replay the game and always remove items from people just before they die.

TheSlothisT
01-24-2014, 11:28 PM
I just bought the game of steam today and when i click play it loads into full screen and then I get this screen http://imgur.com/UqSpINB
I've done all three and nothing has fixed this yet.

netnazgul
01-25-2014, 03:45 AM
In general it is too easy to lose items completely. If a character dies, the item should be returned to the list, rather than lost. Otherwise I will feel like I have to replay the game and always remove items from people just before they die.
I think they can add something of "graverobbery" choice - where you can keep the item of your deceased ally but suffer negative consequences of that

Aleonymous
01-25-2014, 05:51 AM
I think they can add something of "graverobbery" choice - where you can keep the item of your deceased ally but suffer negative consequences of that

Hahaha :D Like a minus-Renown, equal to the cost of the item (i.e. 5xRank)?

Enkeli
01-25-2014, 07:00 AM
Another bug: the "Diplomat" achievement triggered for me only at the end of the game, though the actual negotiations happened much earlier.

scarecrow
01-25-2014, 02:19 PM
On Rook's special ability page the word "allies" is misspelled as "Alies"

angelcatano
01-25-2014, 11:02 PM
In the event where Oddleif shows the abilities of the new archers, if you choose one of the options, you get +25 fighters, but -35 clansmen, but the text doesn't say anything to explain this, not sure if a bug on the quantity of clansmen or a bug on the text that could explain what happened.

Gunga_din
01-27-2014, 08:09 AM
- Bug on last battle. I got Alette to use the arrow, but she still had pierce the thread instead of silver arrow. Her abilities' tooltip showed silver arrow, but that was it. My guess is pierce the thread has overwritten silver arrow because I got her to lvl5 after the conversation that decides which character gets to use the arrow, so maybe getting an ability's new rank do that. Gotta make sure, tough, because after reloading last checkpoint everything was fine and I started a new game after that, erasing my saves (sorry about that :p)

- Having some random crashes where the game stops responding on windows. It happened more often after finishing training sessions, but not every time, so I don't really know what's it related to...

Toskk
01-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Does Bellower (in fight #2) have some special behavior where he will go on a rampage and take other Dredge's turns or is this a bug? I got the field down to Bellower + 4 Dredge, and suddenly Bellower started taking every single turn (the turn order looked normal, but he took every single turn anyway), absolutely obliterating the party. :P This was on normal difficulty, if it helps/matters. :P

Daniel M. Kane
01-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Does Bellower (in fight #2) have some special behavior where he will go on a rampage and take other Dredge's turns or is this a bug? I got the field down to Bellower + 4 Dredge, and suddenly Bellower started taking every single turn (the turn order looked normal, but he took every single turn anyway), absolutely obliterating the party. :P This was on normal difficulty, if it helps/matters. :P
Bellower has an ability in phase 2 to take the next turn in response to damage. I think it appears in his stats if you select him (in phase 2 only, of course).

Yellow
01-28-2014, 06:27 AM
Just finished my first post-patch 1 play-trough, i first posted this on the patch notes thread, but i think it fits better on this thread in stead, here the bugs i encountered:

- Gronnulf starts with 2 skill points in Exertion on the tutorial, but later on he has 0 points on that skill.
- Alette has wrong bio after she puts the hood up
- Silver arrow is sometimes bugged(it works with hotkeys but not with the default special skill icon)
- No varls or fighters join you caravan(add to the total number) when you leave Einarntof, even when the text says that almost half the garrison follows you.
- Udins caravan dont add any numbers neither to yours(is Udin and Gronnulf the only ones on his caravan after Einarntof? no varls or figthers with them what so ever?
- When Rook and Juno go get the silver from the godstone, in the text says Rook woke up following Juno, but in the background picture is the other way around, Juno following Rook.

+ Nid starts at level 1(she should starts at level 5 in stead, since she joins so late and there are so little fights left) (not a bug but a suggestion)

Kuba
01-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Sometimes there are some misplaced trees during caravan travel.

Kuba
01-30-2014, 06:41 PM
Bug: Yrsa's coals from slag and burn stay if she is killed before acting.
Typo: Mark Prey description - description says armor damage, Rank 1 says 1 armor damage, but Rank 2 and 3 armor break, also "alies" is missing letter "l".

CSRosewood
01-31-2014, 03:24 PM
Nid mentions Ekkill being in the party even if you don't bring him along.

If you load a game at a scripted scene:
<Rook and Allette walking into Skogr, Rook begins inner monologue... > then load a different save before the scripted scene finishes...
<Rook's caravan with Oddlief and so forth> then the scripted scene will continue regardless, the caravan is invisible and all party members from the now loaded save is present. Along with renown, clansmen numbers, fighters and supplies. But you will continue where the scripted scene ends. <talking to Ivar about the encroaching dredge>

This last one happened once, been trying to replicate it but maybe the patch fixed it already(?)
Never tried to exploit it cause... well, it felt dirty :(

Aeolun
01-31-2014, 04:46 PM
I just passed a point in the story where you encounter an old abandoned building along the side of the road. Your clansmen all want to sleep there, but abandoned buildings along the side of the road are notorious for being bad places to sleep, so I thought I wisely picked the option to first 'check out what might've caused the old inhabitants to abandon it'. After a few hours of searching, you find nothing, so you figure it is OK. Then a Varl leans against a pillar and the whole thing comes crashing down, crushing your clansmen.

Now, I'm not past someone making a mistake, but I imagine that Rook, being the relatively smart guy that he is, is able to see when a building is going to come crashing down if he spends hours looking at it (and specifically looking for that kind of thing). It's quite annoying that this choice has this effect, enough so that I felt compelled to register and post here :P

I wish I'd be able to be clearer, but the best I can do is give part of the exact text that you get after the choice "It cracks and brings down a portion of the massive roof, crushing a number of clansmen beneath it."

CSRosewood
01-31-2014, 11:24 PM
Yeah, there's two ways to search the building, one which results to what you got and one where a varl leans on it before people start resting in there, causing it to collapse.

CSRosewood
02-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Typo: Ending if Rook took the silver arrow.

Ivar talking to Alette: "One ship is done, already. At the docks. I had it prepared it for Rook."

Sin2x
02-06-2014, 07:09 PM
1. A small bug I found while browsing the game files:

"[convoy] You do your best to float the various ragtag groups of your caravan across the muddy lake towards Boersgard. Things quickly go bad, between rafts pulling apart or people tipping into the murky water of the lake. Eventually you gather everyone up but you've lost precious time and supplies to the bog.",
{
"flagName": "6 sigrfloat"
},
{
"flagName": "supplies-20"
},
{
"flagName": "day-2"

It should read "day+2" in the last line. The file is convo/part6/cnv_pop_sigrfloat.json.z

2. A typo in convo/part5/cnv_chat_destroybridge.json.z:

"iverJorundrEnoug": {
"content": [
"[iver] Jorundr, enough. This fight could not have be won. They did what you were unwilling to do.",

Thaliak
02-10-2014, 01:11 AM
I'd like to report a typo. In Chapter 5, when Rook and company reach Sigrholm, Eywind asks them to wait. If you rest there for two days, several people will say they're leaving the caravan. If you respond by encouraging them to stay, the game says, "They make it very clear they're not interesting in discussing the issue." "Interesting" should be "interested."

billyserious
02-11-2014, 05:02 PM
I have an issue where the Days counter is at "000", as I march from scene to scene, the meter doesnt advance, and my rations dont get consumed. This would be a great thing, except for I cannot rest at camp or anywhere else, so there is no way to bring back characters from injury. I think it started in chapter 3, but Im not positive. Reloading doesnt effect it, but I havent dug back through all my save games to pinpoint it yet.

Thaliak
02-15-2014, 10:41 AM
I noticed another possible typo. In Ekkil's biography (the one you access by viewing him in the Heroes tent and clicking the scroll), the "makes" in "his strength and skill almost makes it worth the risk" should be "make" because strength and skill are two separate things.

Thaliak
02-15-2014, 02:58 PM
I have a bug to report. When I accepted Ekkill into my caravan, I tied him and his men up. After Onef betrayed me, I had a conversation with Ekkill where I could tell him to leave, untie him, or exit the conversation and presumably leave him tied up. I chose to exit the conversation, but he still showed up in my hero roster, as if I'd untied him.

I also noticed a typo. After the same event, you have the option to talk to Oddleif. If her husband survived the attack at the start of Chapter 2, you can ask about him. If you do, she reveals that he died and says, "Its been lonely without him." The "its" needs an apostrophe because it stands for "it has."

Aleonymous
02-16-2014, 11:56 AM
I got another version (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=228836867) of the infamous Silver-Arrow bug.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3296936495433654742/381D3A285532C1C7A0C7BFC084CB3566A5B1571E/

Rook had the arrow, he had the WP and he could take the 100% shot at Bellower. However, the UI button showed (and activated) Mark Prey, his standard ability. Using the keyboard-shortcut (2) activated the silver-arrow, normally.

AgentTBC
02-17-2014, 08:09 PM
I tried to start a thread asking this but it never seems to show up. Is it a bug that you start chapter 4 with 3 days of food regardless of how much food with which you end Chapter 2? Because I wasted quite a lot of renown buying food and had to restart twice until I realized what was happening. It's either a bug or poor design since you can easily start chapter 4 with no 4 AND no renown if you spent it in chapter 2.

houndofshadow
02-18-2014, 01:22 PM

I am also having this problem running fullscreen at 1920 x 1080 resolution.
Windowed mode works. Dialogue screens etc all work. Just the caravan travel is in the small top-left window.
Help please :)

Thaliak
03-01-2014, 07:17 PM
While leaving Strand at the start of the game, I noticed a typo. In the dialogue box that talks about the guards opening the gates to let you out, there is an extra "a" before "draw" in "expected you to draw a cord."

Thaliak
03-01-2014, 07:23 PM
I found another typo. Shortly after you leave Strand, you have the chance to drink wine that the governor sent with the caravan. If you select "Drink a lot," the game says, "The odds of something happening to the caravan is low." "Is" should be "are" because the subject, odds, is plural.

Thaliak
03-01-2014, 11:03 PM
I noticed a few typos in the map's descriptions and thought it would be fun to look for others. I enjoyed reading the map more than I expected, as the descriptions reinforce the idea that the world is a grim and dangerous place. In any case, here are the typos I found:
1. In the entry for the cardinal directions, "Of the many secrets they discovered..." should be "One of the many secrets they discovered..." and "deduct" should be "deduce."
2. In the Red River, "a impass" should be "an impasse" (note the e in impasse).
3. In the modern longship, murkey should be "murky."
4. In Stonehorn, "particular" should be "particularly." I would also suggest inserting commas around "and though it sits lower than any other horn."
5. In the Spine Isles, "Denglrs Bay" should be "Denglr's Bay."
6. In Stikill, I'd recommend inserting a comma after "Just a leaping spring from Strand" and inserting "it" before "is more likely named..."
7. In The Undeep, there should be a comma after "sudden drop."
8. In Whithagr, the "being" in "If Akur is known for being the most fertile farms..." should be "having."
9. In Jarl's Howe, consider inserting an apostrophe in the title so it is consistent with the entry for Denglr's Bay.
10. In the Hunter's Bridge, the title should be "Hunter's Bridge" instead of "huntersbridge" so it is consistent with the map. I'd also suggest changing "built specifically for the reigning king of Arberrang who wished..." to "built specifically for a king of Arberrang who wished..." if it was a past king or "built specifically for the reigning king, who wished..." if it was built for the current king.
11. In Arber River, insert a comma before "who found good earth by the river bank..."
12. In Ongulstaddr, insert a coma before "having discovered..." I would also suggest lowercasing the "Bay" in "the nearby bay," as you aren't referring to it by its formal name.
13. In The Plains of Slaughter, delete the "emotions" in "furious at man's treatment of horses and conflicted emotions about their own relationship to the beasts, stole and slaughtered..." I would also suggest inserting "the horseborn" after the comma so we know who did the stealing and slaughtering.
14. In Tinsfount, "Any travel through horseborn lands usually pass through Tinsfount where there are traveling camps set up nearly year round," "travel" should be "travelers" or "pass" should be "passes," and there should be a comma before "where."
15. In Lundar, "the kings permission" should be "the king's permission."
16. In Boersgard, the "it's" in "it's twin city" should be "its."
17. In The Wandering Road, the "lead" in "the first varl king, Einar, lead..." should be "led."
18. In The Last Gate, "in which the varl separated itself from humanity" should be "in which the varl separated themselves from humanity."
19. In The Strait of Harrows, "straight" should be "strait."
20. In "Stem," please fix "seemingly untouched by the surrounded by ice and glaciers." I suspect it should be, "seemingly untouched by the surrounding ice and glaciers."
21. In The Summer Path, the comma after Frostvellr should be a period.
22. In Reynivik, the "get" in "a potent harvest, which get sold..." should be "gets."
23. In Wolves Maw, the title should be Wolves' Maw.
24. In the Mireway River, the "simple" in "most travelers simple abandon" should be "simply."
25. In the Graywater Sea, insert a comma after the marsh in "ringed in most directions by swamp marsh..."
26. In the Gruin Sea, "nauseous" is misspelled.
27. In Rotjford, the "the" in "by the time the reach their end" should be "they."
28. In Bitra, "dispute of the rightful chieftain of Skogr" should be "dispute over the rightful chieftain of Skogr."

In the conversation where Ubin shows Ludin (and the player) the map for the first time, "Silverstone bay" should be "Silverstone Bay."

I hope these reports are helpful rather than irritating. I've had a lot of fun with the game.

Aleonymous
03-05-2014, 07:23 AM
I suspect that the Stonesinger's passive (Disease Strike) might be bugged. I have two specific questions:

Does the debuff stay on the "infected" unit even after you slay the Stonesinger?
Can the debuff be transferred, e.g. by the "infected" unit onto a Dredge by regular attacks?

I've had both of the above happen to me, in that mini-boss fight on the Einartoft bridge (before Bellower shows up): So, a Stonesinger did an ARM attack on Iver and infected him. The singer died on his next turn, but Iver continued to suffer -1STR on each of his new turns. Iver, after being infected, hit a Scourge and the debuff was transferred on the Scourge (it showed on its portrait in the turn-queue). The poor Scourge eventually died from this...

Can anyone confirm or explain this?

EDIT -- OK, I now found out what happens (thanks raven2134 :p). The Singer's attack directly infects the target and all units that are adjacent to the target, friend or foe. Also, any unit that terminates its move next to an already infected unit becomes infected too. Killing the Singer does not remove the infection. So, this means that this plague can be spread on both armies really fast! :(

Aleonymous
03-31-2014, 01:21 PM
Tistelberry... This item smells "bugged" for the following reasons:

(1) It can be bought from the market AND found in a Godstone... (are duplicates allowed, by the way? I think they are)
(2) Its the only Godstone-related item that is ALSO tied to a specific (kill-able) character, Hogun.
(3) It is very LOW-rank, considering how late in the game it is found.

What do you think?

Argail
04-02-2014, 01:41 PM
I am not sure whether it has been mentioned yet and whether it does qualify as a bug:

When playing Factions, you can use crtl + your mouse wheel to zoom in and out of the game. If you zoom out you will become aware of all the backgrounds, how they are composed and so on. Zooming out actually gives you a great feeling of the battle, it somewhat feels bigger and more meaningful. However, this all is probably is not intended. ;)

Cheers.

- Argail

Aleonymous
04-18-2014, 09:13 AM
Ran into another weird bug during the Bellower fight. Here's what happened:

In the second part of the fight, Krumr and Alette were my last two units standing. Krumr did a massive ARM-break on Bello, who responded immediately and killed Krumr. This put the fight on Pillage-mode vs. Alette, who acted normally, and more precisely took a Puncture shot at Bello. Somewhere around then I noticed the Forge-Ahead flag which, for no apparent reason, showed up on the turn-queue, probably "targeted" on Alette.

Unfortunately, I was elated by seeing the move-pattern to beat Bello and so I didn't take exact account of the sequence of events... At first I thought that this UI "event" (the FA flag appearing) was normal for the Enraged ability, and I hadn't noticed it before. So, I replayed the fight once more (without Krumr, and on Easy) and didn't see it again. I am e-mailing you (John) the log-files, in case you need 'em.

EDIT -- OK, I understood what happened there:

When you in Pillage-mode, many Dredge vs. one player unit...
...and Bellower is last (not first) in-queue of the Dredge units (because it was he who probably downed your 2nd last unit)...
...and you attack Bellower thus triggering his Enraged passive and bringing him back forth in queue...
...then does this FA-flag appear, "targeted" on the Dredge unit who would normally act after your pillaged unit.

I guess you employed the FA-mechanic as a "tool" to implement the "turn-snatching" caused by Enraged and the flag is a left-over ;)

oiisac
05-02-2014, 03:51 AM
Hi.
Silver Arrow is not active when I get close to boss, but when he is active out of reach. i spent TWO hours trying to kill him, and now i'm ready kill my iMac

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10047300/wft.jpg

Aleonymous
05-05-2014, 03:36 AM
Hi.
Silver Arrow is not active when I get close to boss, but when he is active out of reach. i spent TWO hours trying to kill him, and now i'm ready kill my iMac

It seems that your are out of Willpower (stars), and that's why you can't fire the arrow. Even though the patch notes say you don't require WP to fire it, you still do... That's a "known bug". Make sure you save 1WP on the silver-arrow bearer! (don't forget the keyboard shortcut, key "2", that can help activate the ability sometimes).

ServantRider
06-22-2014, 04:40 AM
I found a possible bug with the Pillage system.

If you kill everything except a Dredge that is summoning an ally, it will go into Pillage mode. The Dredge will summon an ally on his turn, however pillage mode stays in place giving everyone on your team a turn before the 2 dredge get a turn.

Brobotnik
06-25-2014, 05:52 PM
Hi all,

I can't seem to access any markets in any of the towns. Which sucks because I'm completely out of supplies. Am I missing something?

ArchLord
06-26-2014, 11:47 PM
The latest patch / Hotfix seems to have fixed the broken markets bug. However ever since the hotfix, Rook's ability seems to be broken. Just yesterday I was using mark prey with no problem it was working fine. Today the markets are fixed but now when i use mark prey, Rook hits the enemy for armor damage, but no other allies in range take their free attacks anymore. I have tried it with melee characters point blank and archers within 3 spaces, but no matter what I do mark prey just doesn't work. The attacks from all allies in range no longer trigger. Please fix this bug as it is pretty game breaking on expert difficulty i cant progress anymore with my main characters ability broken.

Kimberly
06-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Hi all,

I can't seem to access any markets in any of the towns. Which sucks because I'm completely out of supplies. Am I missing something?

Are you using the latest version? Patch 2 should have fixed this, see the changelog: "FIXED: Items cannot be purchased from the Market when loading from some save games"

shigad
08-12-2014, 03:04 PM
one of my drawing aggro lowering items actually give my character more drwaing aggro, as he was killed first. the item is sibjorn's raven blood's feather

Aleonymous
08-19-2014, 04:17 AM
one of my drawing aggro lowering items actually give my character more drwaing aggro, as he was killed first. the item is sibjorn's raven blood's feather

AGGRO is not something that can be "measured" so easily... AGRRO-reducing items will lead to your hero being ignored, only if there is another equally lucrative target, e.g. if an enemy unit can attack two of your units it will prefer the one with higher AGGRO; this does not mean that you can march up your hero, alone, in front of the enemies and they will ignore him. Finally, please note that the kill (i.e. a Strength attack that kills one of your units) is prioritized very strongly by the AI, and that's why your Sigbjorn was killed...

shigad
08-20-2014, 03:06 PM
i know, but all the attacks that could be targeted on him, were on him, even when they could target other people.

GHJebus
08-20-2014, 11:23 PM
Every time the game is exited, it crashes referencing fmodex.dll. Is this a known issue? This doesn't seem to affect playing the game but it is somewhat annoying to have to dismiss two crash notifications every time I exit the application.

I'm happy to provide more information about the install, system, and configuration if that could be of help!

<excerpt from event viewer>
Faulting application name: The Banner Saga.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5334716c
Faulting module name: fmodex.dll_unloaded, version: 0.4.44.34, time stamp: 0x5373442d
</excerpt>

GHJebus
08-21-2014, 08:47 AM
The game crashes for me on exit, every time, while referencing fmodex.dll. Is this a known issue? This doesn't seem to affect playing the game at all, it's just annoying to to have to close out two crash notifications whenever I quit the game. I'm happy to provide more information about my install, configuration, and hardware if that would be at all helpful!

Here's a snippet from the Event Viewer about it:
Faulting application name: The Banner Saga.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5334716c
Faulting module name: fmodex.dll_unloaded, version: 0.4.44.34, time stamp: 0x5373442d

chasenyc198
12-03-2014, 12:20 PM
I'm playing the game on Android and for whatever reason, and it doesnt always happen(not every time I attack with him) but pretty much every battle I try to use him in, Gunnulf freezes the game when I try to use him. What happens normally is I will try to attack with him and use some willpower and the attack amount will go down to 0 from like 11 look red, then the attack will never happen and the battle is pretty much frozen. I can still interact with the screen. Example is if I click the horn a star will blink but stay solid. But I cannot proceed.

Hope this helps.

MeevarTheMighty
12-05-2014, 11:02 PM
I gave Gunnulf 2 Exertion and 3 Willpower back under Vognir, but having passed Einartoft, he enters battle with 1 Willpower and I can't raise it by resting. This means I can't ever use his rank 2 or 3 Tempest.

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv63/GeneralMeevious/Gunnulfsmall_zps631bcedd.png

Aleonymous
12-08-2014, 03:14 AM
I gave Gunnulf 2 Exertion and 3 Willpower back under Vognir, but having passed Einartoft, he enters battle with 1 Willpower and I can't raise it by resting. This means I can't ever use his rank 2 or 3 Tempest.

What is your caravan's Morale (http://bannersaga.gamepedia.com/Morale)? If it is Poor (lowest grade), all heroes get a -2Willpower penalty. That could explain why Gunn starts at only 1WP (instead of 3WP, as you statted him).

Kuba
12-08-2014, 03:17 AM
What is your morale? It can affect starting amount of Willpower.

MeevarTheMighty
12-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Ah, that was even pointed out in the intro, how silly of me. That must have been it, I just didn't notice with the higher Willpower characters. Thanks! We've stopped eating our own and he's back up to 2.

Jawbone78
12-09-2014, 08:32 PM
I have encountered a very minor bug playing TBS on my Galaxy Note 3 (Android 4.4.2): Occasionally, while playing, my phone will receive a notification. Once this happens, the notification bar stays on top of the game and cannot be hidden again. If I leave the game using my home button and then come back, the notification bar is still there. The only way around this is to exit the game entirely and restart. The only reason it's really an issue is that there is a lot of really critical information (like the amount of renown I have available in the hero screen) that can be covered up, and some buttons that become almost impossible to interact with (like the banner button in combat). I don't mind having the notification bar there the whole time, as long as the whole game is visible and can be interacted with underneath.

I also have a request/suggestion: Dialog on the Android (and I assume iOS) version is presented the same as on PC, but it seems a little susceptible to "fat finger" issues (maybe it's just me). I realize you have a lot on your plate John, but if there's an easy-to-implement way to present a more mobile-friendly interface for the dialog trees, those of us who play on our phones would be eternally grateful.

Maaaah
01-19-2015, 03:17 PM
I noticed quite weird behavior during 2nd battle with Bellower: Rook was able to pass through Gunnulf (if I had permissions to attach files I would provide the screenshot). Not sure if its not a Rook special ability though. :)

Aleonymous
01-23-2015, 10:44 AM
I noticed quite weird behavior during 2nd battle with Bellower: Rook was able to pass through Gunnulf (if I had permissions to attach files I would provide the screenshot). Not sure if its not a Rook special ability though. :)

Ahem... Rook's passive ability (called 'Light Step', and common for all Landsman base-class units) makes him able to do just that, i.e. walk through ally units! I am surprised you noticed this so late, near the end of the game :rolleyes:

Maaaah
01-24-2015, 04:44 PM
Ahem... Rook's passive ability (called 'Light Step', and common for all Landsman base-class units) makes him able to do just that, i.e. walk through ally units! I am surprised you noticed this so late, near the end of the game :rolleyes:

OMG! I did it on Hard playing for the 2nd time :D Thanks!

AEscraed
05-06-2015, 09:45 AM
I'm playing the game on Android and for whatever reason, and it doesnt always happen(not every time I attack with him) but pretty much every battle I try to use him in, Gunnulf freezes the game when I try to use him. What happens normally is I will try to attack with him and use some willpower and the attack amount will go down to 0 from like 11 look red, then the attack will never happen and the battle is pretty much frozen. I can still interact with the screen. Example is if I click the horn a star will blink but stay solid. But I cannot proceed.

Hope this helps.

I have experienced this bug on PC as well, which is odd, considering it wasn't happenning in previous versions of the game (I always use Gunnulf, since he is te easiest character to level up to 5).

That pretty much made me give up the game (again), seeing as I've already invested way too much renown on a hero I now can't use.

dentalplan
06-27-2015, 06:12 AM
Ok, don't know if this bug has been reported before, but the game keeps getting stuck when I use the Skystriker's Rain of Arrows ability. I think it only does this against the dredge, but I'm not sure.

Basically what happens is that when an enemy walks onto my chosen square, it gets hit and stops as it should. But then the game does not proceed to the next characters turn, it just gets stuck on the turn of the enemy who has just moved into the arrow strike. I can select people to view their life, but nothing I do seems to get the turn to progress. I've had it happen two times in a row now (fighting at the wall in Boersgard). It makes the Skystriker pretty useless, as their ability just breaks the game if used successfully.

I'm playing it in linux, so it may be a bug only with the linux version.

PeterBeketer
07-01-2015, 05:36 AM
I've found a huge amount of localisation errors and typos (Russian translation). Tell me please, where should I send them?
Thank you!

HKO2006
12-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Resting without food still boost morale. I believe some have reported this before.

eohjay
01-16-2016, 04:37 AM
Xbox One Version:

Hello,

I've been waiting for this game to be ported to Xbox One since before the initial release. I'm really excited to be playing it - thanks for a great game!

However, I wanted to point out a couple of issues that I've had. One minor and one major.

I'm sitting on 3 achievements that should have unlocked, but didn't. 2 for kills as specific characters (Siege Archer and Provoker), and one for the second godstone. Everything unlocked fine up until this point. There seems to be other people complaining of this issue as well - for other achievements. It may be on the Xbox side (sometimes achievement unlocking can be wonky and they show up days later).

Secondly, I was playing today near the end of Chapter 3 (I had just used fire as a distraction for the upcoming battle) and upon loading up the fight (after the party screen) the game crashed and sent me back to the Xbox Home screen. I thought nothing of it and reboot the game. At the main menu I find that it's only allowing me to load a save from the end of Chapter 2 from 1/13/16. Now, I had played on 1/14 and on 1/15 - and had also reloaded saves from Chapter 3 on numerous occasions and had seen them in my "load list", however now they are all gone.

I'm definitely perturbed at having to replay the Chapter as I'm on hard mode and trying to fight every battle possible. More than anything, though - I don't want to see it happen again. So, I'm worried to continue if it's only going to be a waste of my time. I don't know if it's an issue with the save system, or cloud saves, or what, but it's got me bummed out.

Additionally - I just started another playthrough on Normal. I created this on a different save profile from the main Banner Saga menu - Profile 2. I played through until late Chapter 3 (just before where I lost my last save). I opened the load menu and confirmed that I had game saves available. I exited to the main menu from the pause menu and shut my console off. Turned my console back on and there isn't even a save on Profile 2 - period. Another 4 hours of gaming wasted. I feel like I'd have to beat the entire game in one sitting at this point.

Aleonymous
01-18-2016, 07:10 AM
Xbox One Version

Hello. Hmmm, these sound like port-specific problems (achievement unlocking, save-game handling etc), so I can't help as I don't have an XBox. I heard Stoic mentioning problems with the XB1 port shortly after released, but you may need to wait a bit for them to be addressed...

eohjay
01-18-2016, 01:30 PM
Xbox One Version:

Hello,

I've been waiting for this game to be ported to Xbox One since before the initial release. I'm really excited to be playing it - thanks for a great game!

However, I wanted to point out a couple of issues that I've had. One minor and one major.

I'm sitting on 3 achievements that should have unlocked, but didn't. 2 for kills as specific characters (Siege Archer and Provoker), and one for the second godstone. Everything unlocked fine up until this point. There seems to be other people complaining of this issue as well - for other achievements. It may be on the Xbox side (sometimes achievement unlocking can be wonky and they show up days later).

Secondly, I was playing today near the end of Chapter 3 (I had just used fire as a distraction for the upcoming battle) and upon loading up the fight (after the party screen) the game crashed and sent me back to the Xbox Home screen. I thought nothing of it and reboot the game. At the main menu I find that it's only allowing me to load a save from the end of Chapter 2 from 1/13/16. Now, I had played on 1/14 and on 1/15 - and had also reloaded saves from Chapter 3 on numerous occasions and had seen them in my "load list", however now they are all gone.

I'm definitely perturbed at having to replay the Chapter as I'm on hard mode and trying to fight every battle possible. More than anything, though - I don't want to see it happen again. So, I'm worried to continue if it's only going to be a waste of my time. I don't know if it's an issue with the save system, or cloud saves, or what, but it's got me bummed out.

Additionally - I just started another playthrough on Normal. I created this on a different save profile from the main Banner Saga menu - Profile 2. I played through until late Chapter 3 (just before where I lost my last save). I opened the load menu and confirmed that I had game saves available. I exited to the main menu from the pause menu and shut my console off. Turned my console back on and there isn't even a save on Profile 2 - period. Another 4 hours of gaming wasted. I feel like I'd have to beat the entire game in one sitting at this point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/41hdu6/save_issues_with_banner_saga/

Apparently it isn't just me - here are other users reporting it as well.

antifa
03-01-2016, 08:51 AM
I have Banner Saga on Android and it keeps crashing during the battle between Eyvind and the Stonesinger. This has happened 4 or 5 times. It doesn't happen at any particular point, just sometime during the battle. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

aseth
04-22-2016, 07:05 PM
One of the training missions in BS2 seems to be bugged for me (on PC).

In the mission where Sparr needs to insult Bolverk and keep him from taking a turn, the insult doesn't prevent him from doing so and I immediately fail (checking off the "Insult Bolverk" objective.)

I was also sort of expecting to start in Pillage since it's a three on one fight, but that didn't seem to happen.

axltrauts
04-24-2016, 03:59 PM
A big bug on Banner Saga on Steam (PC): In a training session with Holfi, maybe the 4th, you must cancel Bolverk´s turns until the end. That´s perfect, only I only have three adversaries including Bolverk, which never gets Bolverk behind Sparr´s turn, so the training always fails.

I read somewhere there should be 4 and that this bug affects many players. Please, I need the renown badly!

Yellow
04-24-2016, 04:17 PM
- Gunnulf starts with 2 skill points in Exertion on the tutorial, but later on he has 0 points on that skill.
- Alette has wrong bio after the battle with Bellower, when she puts the hood up.
http://s14.postimg.org/6amob79m5/Untitled.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/6amob79m5/)
- After the fight with Bellower, during Alettes and Iver conversation, Alettes picture is different depending on the perspective(In one she has the hood up, on the other she does not)
http://s23.postimg.org/gf36rkhhz/Untitled.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/gf36rkhhz/)
- No varls or fighters join you caravan(add to the total number) when you leave Einartoft, even when the text says that almost half the garrison follows you.
- Udin's caravan don't add any numbers to yours when they join you shortly after leaving Einartoft!
- When Rook and Juno go get the silver from the godstone, in the text it says "Rook woke up following Juno", but in the background picture is the other way around, Juno following Rook.
http://s21.postimg.org/thdq7cryb/Untitled2.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/thdq7cryb/)
- There is a typo when talking to Tryggvi the first time(after leaving Skogr) He says that we should not trust men with helmets, that they look at "your"(should be you) trough their helmet and lie....
http://s21.postimg.org/4ovqh5h8j/typo.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/4ovqh5h8j/)
- The camp screen does not match the composition of your caravan: Sometimes you have 0 valrs but on the camp screen there are several displayed; sometimes you have more varls than humans, but on the camp screen there is 100 humans for each valr, etc.
http://s21.postimg.org/6vzz52mir/unmatching_description_and_picture.png (http://postimg.org/image/6vzz52mir/)
- The "far travel" caravan on the background, does not match the actual caravan composition(even if your caravan has varls, clansmen and fighters, only one type is displayed on the background picture)(this is hard to notice because of the small size, but once noticeable it breaks immersion)
http://s7.postimg.org/tuel284p3/the_banner_saga_2014_01_17_15_59_23_46.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/tuel284p3/)
- There is a misplaced tree in the background(shortly before Onef betrays you)
http://s22.postimg.org/vkr9vdxv1/Untitled.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/vkr9vdxv1/)
- "Exertion" sometimes gets bugged when your hero has 0 willpower left, even if you use the horn to regain willpower, the character remains unable to use it, as the exertion skill gets stuck on 0 for the current hero until next turn.
- Ivers missing arm changes depending on perspective, sometimes he is missing his left arm, sometimes he is missing his right arm.

+ Nid starts at level 1(she should starts at level 3-5 in stead, since she joins so late and there are so little fights left. (All other Characters that join so late into the game start maxed out already)(not necessarily a bug but rather a suggestion)

None of these bugs from The Banner Saga 1 have been addressed yet.

Aleonymous
05-01-2016, 01:55 PM
A big bug on Banner Saga on Steam (PC): In a training session with Holfi, maybe the 4th, you must cancel Bolverk´s turns until the end. That´s perfect, only I only have three adversaries including Bolverk, which never gets Bolverk behind Sparr´s turn, so the training always fails.

I read somewhere there should be 4 and that this bug affects many players. Please, I need the renown badly!

One of the training missions in BS2 seems to be bugged for me (on PC).

In the mission where Sparr needs to insult Bolverk and keep him from taking a turn, the insult doesn't prevent him from doing so and I immediately fail (checking off the "Insult Bolverk" objective.)

I was also sort of expecting to start in Pillage since it's a three on one fight, but that didn't seem to happen.

Thanks guys. There seems to be a problem with the enemy spawner in that Scenario: It produced less enemy units than intended. Maybe with a couple or retries you could get the right number of enemies to complete that objective, but still. It is mentioned as fixed in the first patch of game shipped a couple of days ago (on Steam).

Thaliak
05-05-2016, 11:06 PM
This seems to the best place to report typos in The Banner Saga 2. So far, I've found two.

In the conversation with Eyvind Rook has near the start of the game, there should be a space before and after the second hyphen in "It might sound cold, but the two things - grief and duty-can be separated." Alternately, delete the spaces around the first hyphen so the two hyphens are consistent.

In the chapter where you take control of Bolverk, if you try to turn clansmen into fighters when you have none, the trainer says you made a rule about not training less than 50 people. "'Don't train less than fifty maggots into fighters at a time you said" should have quotation marks and a comma after time.

gripho
05-15-2016, 05:40 AM
I don't know if this is a bug or not, but whereas Dytch usually block paths of ennemies when he is invisible, a skulker managed to stop on the same tile as I placed Dytch to prevent an attack on Folka!

Aleonymous
05-15-2016, 12:25 PM
I don't know if this is a bug or not, but whereas Dytch usually block paths of ennemies when he is invisible, a skulker managed to stop on the same tile as I placed Dytch to prevent an attack on Folka!

Skulkers tend to do that... I haven't seen this leading to crash or other fatal error, but it's surely annoying. The common problem with this behaviour is that you sometimes can't select the skulker for an attack from the board, only from the turn-queue portrait.

Vicente
12-25-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm playing on Steam and the game randomly loads a previous save. For example, I tried quitting the game and when I pressed "A" on my controler, instead of quiting, it took me to the previous chapter! Is there anything I can do to fix or prevent this?

Aleonymous
01-20-2017, 09:16 AM
I'm playing on Steam and the game randomly loads a previous save. For example, I tried quitting the game and when I pressed "A" on my controler, instead of quiting, it took me to the previous chapter! Is there anything I can do to fix or prevent this?

Hi and sorry for the delayed response. You post got buried somehow, and wasn't approved so as to show-up properly. Have you found a solution to your problem?

Spat Bandit
01-31-2017, 03:31 PM
which game did this occur in 1 or 2?

we've seen difficulties like this on the ps4 version.. temporary solution has been to reload latest save and it usually does not reoccur

Gestaltzerfall
02-01-2017, 06:08 PM
I think I could manage to avoid the shieldwall_armor bug.
I've done some research into this bug(http://steamcommunity.com/app/237990/discussions/0/648816743143212793/?ctp=59#c154644349175299442) last year, but i've struggled with the decompiler.
Meanwhile there's a new version of the decompiler. Now I was able to recompile all affected source files.

Is there a possibility to get a new BS1 patch soon? I will share my edited source files if this will speed up the process.

If not, is it allowed to share my recompiled version of 'app.game-saga1.air.swf' with the community?

Aleonymous
02-02-2017, 03:33 AM
Hello Gestaltzerfall, and welcome :)

I don't think a Saga1 patch should be expected soon (with the ongoing Saga3 KS), but I hope they will get round to fixing this serious bug affecting both games.

I am sure you can shared your moded version of the affected file (app.game-saga1.air.swf). No one from here will object, at least! ;)

Gestaltzerfall
02-02-2017, 12:12 PM
I've modified the follwoing classes:
engine.battle.ability.effect.op.model.Op_IntStatMo d
engine.stat.model.Stat
engine.stat.model.StatMod

My goal was to pass the abilities ExecutedId from engine.battle.ability.effect.op.model.Op_IntStatMo d.remove() to engine.stat.model.StatMod.annotateMod(param1:int).
So I had to clone several functions during the call hierarchy... So no other abilities and effects will be affected.
engine.stat.model.Stat

public function removeMods(param1:IStatModProvider) : void
public function modify(param1:int) : void
public function setValue(param1:int) : void
private function annotateMods(param1:int) : void

public function internalConsume() : void

The crucial parts were:

engine.battle.ability.effect.op.model.Op_IntStatMo d

override public function remove() : void
{
// pass the parameter through my cloned method in engine.stat.model.Stat
this.stat.removeModsWithExecutedId(effect,effect.a bility.executedId);
}

and

public function annotateModWithExecutedId(param1:int, _loc2_:int) : int
{
var _loc3_:ILogger = null;
_loc3_ = Logger.instance;
var _loc4_:int = 0;
var cnt:int = 0;
cnt = 0;
if(this.provider && this.provider.ability && this.stat && this.stat.provider && this.stat.provider.effects && this.stat.provider.effects.effects)
{
while(cnt < this.stat.provider.effects.effects.length)
{
// added a additional check to modify the ability with correct executedId
if(this.provider.ability == this.stat.provider.effects.effects[cnt].ability && this.provider.ability.executedId == _loc2_)
{
if(param1 > 0 && this.amount < 0)
{
_loc4_ = Math.min(param1,0 - this.amount);
this.amount = int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(in t(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(this.amo unt + _loc4_)))))))))))))))))))))));
return param1 - _loc4_;
}
if(param1 < 0 && this.amount > 0)
{
_loc4_ = Math.max(param1,0 - this.amount);
this.amount = int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(in t(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(int(this.amo unt + _loc4_)))))))))))))))))))))));
return param1 - _loc4_;
}
}
cnt++;
}
}
else
{
}
return param1;
}

PS:
I've used Jpex Flash decompiler for decompile/recompile
https://www.free-decompiler.com/flash/

Edit: Changed Quote-Tags to Code-Tags for better readability

Aleonymous
02-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the breakdown; I hope it's useful to the technical guys :) Also, I hope those 24 int(.) calls are a kludge solution of yours and not something professional coders wrote :p

YaK
02-02-2017, 04:17 PM
http://asalesguyrecruiting.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Youre-Awesome.jpg

Gestaltzerfall
02-02-2017, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the breakdown; I hope it's useful to the technical guys :) Also, I hope those 24 int(.) calls are a kludge solution of yours and not something professional coders wrote :p

I think this int casts came from decompiling process. They were already been there, when I opened the file.

Edit: removed broken file

YaK
02-02-2017, 09:16 PM
I have not tested it extensively, but there seems to be a problem on promoting heroes causing a console error. Maybe a script get screwed during the recompiling?

Gestaltzerfall
02-03-2017, 10:13 AM
I have not tested it extensively, but there seems to be a problem on promoting heroes causing a console error. Maybe a script get screwed during the recompiling?

Yeah, quite possible.
I have to admit i focussed on BattleMode and didn't tested extensively CaravanMode, camp or unit promotion. Maybe I was a little bit too enthusiastic. :(

I try to reproduce this bug.

Gestaltzerfall
02-03-2017, 11:14 AM
I can reproduce this behaviour.
I think the reason is that during my analysis I recompiled the code with V9.0.0 of the decompiling tool.
Now with the newer version of the decompiler I used that already recompiled file to work on...
I think the game engine didn't liked that.

So i took the original file and mady my modifications from scratch...
No more erros on promoting characters. Tested also chapter 2 -> chapter 3 transition, one war, training battle, several dialogues, resting and market

Edit:
Removed link

YaK
02-05-2017, 12:00 AM
Tested it a bit and seem there aren't any errors, but i think there is still something missing about that faen shield wall bug, it's in part still happening:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/158026195391945528/B41C0C5D034145C6A3D858145246EE4015859E81/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/158026195391943996/0E56C441F4559364750075A72182AFB544892847/

I've noticed two things:

a) When backbiters do a Run througt ability, the unit benefiting of his shield wall bonus didn't lose it until it moves, in its next turn;
b) It seems that the bonus is correctly removed, but in certain circumstances (wasn't able to reproduce it with my units) the game behave as his reamining armor was unattattackable.

This for sure is a nasty bug to track down :/

Gestaltzerfall
02-05-2017, 11:38 AM
Tested for some time and it seems that there's a bug handling armor dmg.
Armor dmg is only applied to base armor, but not to modified armor.
I think that's intended by Stoic.

When dealing some armor dmg, the shieldwall effect will be internally consumed. But the armor will not be lowered.
Later when removing the effect the engine thinks the affect was already processed.

Technically you have to check and adapt every effect/ability that deals armor dmg and every ability/item that gives you extra armor.
But maybe its sufficent to lower the armor by 1 when the shieldwall effect is removed, no matter if the effect was already consumed.

Have to think a little bit about that...

Gestaltzerfall
02-05-2017, 02:10 PM
I've decided the pragmatic solution and now armor will lowered by 1 as default, when shieldwall effect is removed. I think that is all right, since armor bonuses are not breakable anymore.
Modifying every ability, that could break armor, would be too complex.

Tested the following abilities:

Normal armor breaking attacks
Slag&Burn
Battering Ram
Bloody Flail
Sundering Impact
Return the favor

Trying to test some more during the week.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w4nskdnt9jxmh1l/2017_02_05_app.game-saga1.zip
Password: Name of the final journey destination in Banner Saga 1 (The first letter is a capital letter)

@stoic
Please contact me if you want me to remove that file. I will remove it as quickly as possible.

By the way:
I think there's another bug with Battering ram.,, Sometimes the game does not recognize that you were pushed through other units and deals no extra armor dmg.

Gestaltzerfall
02-05-2017, 06:56 PM
Did some research into this BatteringRam bug.
The collision is recognized correctly, but the effect is processed on the next tile.
So the armor dmg appears only when at least two other units, which are standing direct next to each other, are affected by battering ram. Even in this case the effect is called only once instead of two times.

Unfornately its called through an generic EventListener, so its relatively hard to fix this.

[INFO] 3253 71533 (ABL ) Execute [43 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram/1]
[DEBUG] 3253 71533 ( ) BattleAbility.executeTargetEffectDef() npc+8+fighter_archer_b batteringram_start
[DEBUG] 3253 71533 ( ) Effect.execute EXECUTING 0+1+iver_shield [action=abl_batteringram eff=batteringram_start -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] target=npc+8+fighter_archer_b tile=null
[DEBUG] 3253 71534 ( ) Effect.executeOp Op [[43 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram/1] DefOp [BATTERING_RAM, batteringram_op] null [action=abl_batteringram eff=batteringram_start -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]]
[DEBUG] 3253 71534 ( ) Effect.executeOp Op [[43 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram/1] DefOp [BATTERING_RAM, batteringram_op] OK [action=abl_batteringram eff=batteringram_start -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]] result=OK
[DEBUG] 3253 71534 ( ) Effect.execute EXECUTED [action=abl_batteringram eff=batteringram_start -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] result=OK
[DEBUG] 3253 71534 ( ) ChainPhantasms.executePhantasm [PDAnim time=0 target=CASTER trigger=null sync=null anim=abl_batteringram killing=null] sync=null
[DEBUG] 3253 71535 ( ) Symbolic request for unknown variable [trn_tip_pas_heavyimpact] returns zero
[DEBUG] 3253 71535 ( ) BattleTurnCmd INCOMPLETE EFFECT: BattleTurnCmdAction [[43 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram/1]] term=true
[DEBUG] 3329 72817 ( ) ChainPhantasms.animEvent CASTER_abl_batteringram_hit applyTrigger delta 0
[DEBUG] 3329 72817 ( ) ChainPhantasms.animEvent CASTER_abl_batteringram_hit endTrigger delta 1500
[DEBUG] 3330 72820 ( ) ChainPhantasms.applied abl_batteringram:batteringram_start true
[DEBUG] 3330 72820 ( ) ChainPhantasms.executeSynced apply from null
[DEBUG] 3330 72820 ( ) Effect.apply 0+1+iver_shield [action=abl_batteringram eff=batteringram_start -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]
[DEBUG] 3330 72820 ( ) Effect.apply batteringram_start APPLY OP Op [[43 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram/1] DefOp [BATTERING_RAM, batteringram_op] OK [action=abl_batteringram eff=batteringram_start -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]]
[INFO] 3330 72821 (ABL ) Execute [44 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam/1]
[DEBUG] 3330 72821 ( ) BattleAbility.executeTargetEffectDef() npc+8+fighter_archer_b battering_arm_dam
[DEBUG] 3330 72821 ( ) Effect.execute EXECUTING 0+1+iver_shield [action=abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] target=npc+8+fighter_archer_b tile=null
[DEBUG] 3330 72821 ( ) Effect.executeOp Op [[44 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam/1] DefOp [CHANGE_STAT, damage] null [action=abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]]
[DEBUG] 3330 72821 ( ) Effect.executeOp Op [[44 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam/1] DefOp [CHANGE_STAT, damage] OK [action=abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]] result=OK
[DEBUG] 3330 72821 ( ) Effect.execute EXECUTED [action=abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] result=OK
[DEBUG] 3330 72821 ( ) ChainPhantasms.executePhantasm [PDAnim time=0 target=TARGET trigger=null sync=null anim=gethit killing=die] sync=null
[DEBUG] 3330 72821 ( ) ChainPhantasms.executePhantasm [PDSound time=0 target=CASTER trigger=null sync=null sound=strike] sync=null
[DEBUG] 3330 72821 ( ) ChainPhantasms.applied abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam:battering_arm_dam true
[DEBUG] 3330 72821 ( ) ChainPhantasms.executeSynced apply from null
[DEBUG] 3330 72821 ( ) Effect.apply 0+1+iver_shield [action=abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]
[DEBUG] 3330 72822 ( ) Effect.apply battering_arm_dam APPLY OP Op [[44 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam/1] DefOp [CHANGE_STAT, damage] OK [action=abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]]
[DEBUG] 3330 72822 ( ) Effect [action=abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] added tag DAMAGED_ARM
[DEBUG] 3330 72822 ( ) BattleMusic TRAUMA 0.003289473684210526
[DEBUG] 3330 72825 ( ) Symbolic request for unknown variable [trn_tip_pas_heavyimpact] returns zero
[DEBUG] 3330 72825 ( ) Effect [action=abl_batteringram eff=batteringram_start -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] added tag KNOCKBACK_SOMEWHERE
[DEBUG] 3330 72825 ( ) BattleMove.setCommitted [npc+8+fighter_archer_b [5,5] -> [5,1]] steps 4 reason=Op_BatteringRam.apply mov=[npc+8+fighter_archer_b MOVEMENT 3 (base 3, mod 0)] wil=[npc+8+fighter_archer_b WILLPOWER 6 (base 6, mod 0)] bonus=1
[INFO] 3348 73135 ( ) WalkTilesBehavior npc+8+fighter_archer_b collided with npc+0+fighter_backbiter_3 at [5,3]
[INFO] 3348 73135 ( ) #### moveIntersectEntityHandler [5,2] & 1x1 SW
[INFO] 3348 73135 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles tile[5,2]
[INFO] 3348 73135 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles tile.numresidents2
[INFO] 3348 73135 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles 1
[INFO] 3348 73136 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles _loc5_ npc+2+fighter_archer_b R 1 ABL ACT ALIVE VIS COL @[5,2]
[INFO] 3348 73136 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles 2
[INFO] 3348 73136 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles target npc+8+fighter_archer_b R 1 ABL ACT ALIVE VIS COL @[5,2]
[INFO] 3348 73136 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles _loc6_ npc+2+fighter_archer_b R 1 ABL ACT ALIVE VIS COL @[5,2]
[INFO] 3348 73136 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles 3
[INFO] 3348 73136 (ABL ) Execute [45 npc+2+fighter_archer_b->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam/1]
[DEBUG] 3348 73136 ( ) BattleAbility.executeTargetEffectDef() npc+8+fighter_archer_b battering_arm_dam
[DEBUG] 3348 73136 ( ) Effect.execute EXECUTING npc+2+fighter_archer_b [action=abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] target=npc+8+fighter_archer_b tile=null
[DEBUG] 3348 73136 ( ) Effect.executeOp Op [[45 npc+2+fighter_archer_b->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam/1] DefOp [CHANGE_STAT, damage] null [action=abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]]
[DEBUG] 3348 73136 ( ) Effect.executeOp Op [[45 npc+2+fighter_archer_b->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam/1] DefOp [CHANGE_STAT, damage] OK [action=abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]] result=OK
[DEBUG] 3348 73136 ( ) Effect.execute EXECUTED [action=abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] result=OK
[DEBUG] 3348 73136 ( ) ChainPhantasms.executePhantasm [PDSound time=0 target=TARGET trigger=null sync=null sound=gethit_armor] sync=null
[DEBUG] 3348 73136 ( ) ChainPhantasms.executePhantasm [PDSound time=0 target=CASTER trigger=null sync=null sound=strike] sync=null
[DEBUG] 3348 73136 ( ) ChainPhantasms.executePhantasm [PDAnim time=0 target=CASTER trigger=null sync=null anim=gethit killing=die] sync=null
[DEBUG] 3348 73136 ( ) ChainPhantasms.executePhantasm [PDSound time=0 target=TARGET trigger=null sync=null sound=vocalize_gethit_armor] sync=null
[DEBUG] 3348 73137 ( ) ChainPhantasms.applied abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam:battering_arm _dam true
[DEBUG] 3348 73137 ( ) ChainPhantasms.executeSynced apply from null
[DEBUG] 3348 73137 ( ) ChainPhantasms.executePhantasm [PDSprite time=-1 target=TARGET trigger=null sync=apply vfx=VfxSequenceDef [id=arm_hit] rotate=false color=4294967295 alpha=1] sync=apply
[DEBUG] 3348 73137 ( ) Effect.apply npc+2+fighter_archer_b [action=abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]
[DEBUG] 3348 73137 ( ) Effect.apply battering_arm_dam APPLY OP Op [[45 npc+2+fighter_archer_b->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam/1] DefOp [CHANGE_STAT, damage] OK [action=abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b]]
[DEBUG] 3348 73137 ( ) Effect [action=abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam eff=battering_arm_dam -> npc+8+fighter_archer_b] added tag DAMAGED_ARM
[DEBUG] 3348 73137 ( ) BattleMusic TRAUMA 0.006578947368421052
[DEBUG] 3348 73138 ( ) Symbolic request for unknown variable [trn_tip_pas_heavyimpact] returns zero
[INFO] 3348 73138 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles 1
[INFO] 3348 73138 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles _loc5_ npc+8+fighter_archer_b R 1 ABL ACT ALIVE VIS COL @[5,2]
[INFO] 3348 73138 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles 2
[INFO] 3348 73138 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles target npc+8+fighter_archer_b R 1 ABL ACT ALIVE VIS COL @[5,2]
[INFO] 3348 73138 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles _loc6_ npc+8+fighter_archer_b R 1 ABL ACT ALIVE VIS COL @[5,2]
[INFO] 3356 73268 ( ) WalkTilesBehavior npc+8+fighter_archer_b collided with npc+2+fighter_archer_b at [5,2]
[INFO] 3356 73268 ( ) #### moveIntersectEntityHandler [5,1] & 1x1 SW
[INFO] 3356 73268 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles tile[5,1]
[INFO] 3356 73268 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles tile.numresidents1
[INFO] 3356 73268 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles 1
[INFO] 3356 73268 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles _loc5_ npc+8+fighter_archer_b R 1 ABL ACT ALIVE VIS COL @[5,1]
[INFO] 3356 73268 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles 2
[INFO] 3356 73268 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles target npc+8+fighter_archer_b R 1 ABL ACT ALIVE VIS COL @[5,1]
[INFO] 3356 73268 ( ) #### visitIntersectedTiles _loc6_ npc+8+fighter_archer_b R 1 ABL ACT ALIVE VIS COL @[5,1]
[DEBUG] 3361 73338 ( ) ChainPhantasms.ending... abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam:battering_arm_dam
[DEBUG] 3361 73338 ( ) ChainPhantasms.ended abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam:battering_arm_dam
[DEBUG] 3361 73338 ( ) ChainPhantasms.cleanup abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam:battering_arm_dam
[DEBUG] 3361 73338 ( ) BattleAbility.checkCompletion COMPLETED [44 0+1+iver_shield->{npc+8+fighter_archer_b} abl_batteringram_initial_arm_dam/1], children=0

engine.battle.ability.effect.op.model.Op_Battering Ram

private function moveIntersectEntityHandler(param1:BattleMoveEvent) : void
{
var _loc2_:TileRect = target.rect;
caster.logger.info("#### moveIntersectEntityHandler " + _loc2_);
_loc2_.visitEnclosedTileLocations(this._visitInter sectedTiles,null);
}

private function _visitIntersectedTiles(param1:int, param2:int, param3:*) : void
{
var _loc5_:ITileResident = null;
var _loc6_:IBattleEntity = null;
var _loc7_:BattleAbilityDef = null;
var _loc8_:BattleAbility = null;
var _loc4_:Tile = board.tiles.getTile(param1,param2);
caster.logger.info("#### visitIntersectedTiles tile" + _loc4_);
caster.logger.info("#### visitIntersectedTiles tile.numresidents" + _loc4_.numResidents);
for each(_loc5_ in _loc4_.residents)
{
caster.logger.info("#### visitIntersectedTiles 1");
caster.logger.info("#### visitIntersectedTiles _loc5_" + _loc5_.getSummaryLine());
if(_loc5_ is IBattleEntity)
{
caster.logger.info("#### visitIntersectedTiles 2");
caster.logger.info("#### visitIntersectedTiles target" + target.getSummaryLine());
_loc6_ = _loc5_ as IBattleEntity;
caster.logger.info("#### visitIntersectedTiles _loc6_" + _loc6_.getSummaryLine());
if(_loc6_.alive == true && target != _loc6_)
{
caster.logger.info("#### visitIntersectedTiles 3");
if(this.alreadyHits[_loc6_])
{
caster.logger.info("Op_BatteringRam.moveIntersectEntityHandler SKIPPING " + _loc6_ + ", already hit");
}
else
{
this.alreadyHits[_loc6_] = _loc6_;
_loc7_ = manager.factory.fetchBattleAbilityDef("abl_batteringram_fallthrough_arm_dam");
_loc8_ = new BattleAbility(_loc6_,_loc7_,effect.ability.manager );
_loc8_.targetSet.setTarget(target);
_loc8_.execute(null);
}
}
}
}
}

Gestaltzerfall
02-05-2017, 07:17 PM
Found a workarround faster than i thought. The BattleMoveEvent parameter in moveIntersectEntityHandler contained the original target.
Just had to swap them...

First test looks fine. I think i can provide a further patch tomorrow.

engine.battle.ability.effect.op.model.Op_Battering Ram

private function moveIntersectEntityHandler(param1:BattleMoveEvent) : void
{

var _loc2_:TileRect = target.rect;
var _loc2_:TileRect = param1.other.rect;
_loc2_.visitEnclosedTileLocations(this._visitInter sectedTiles,null);
}

YaK
02-06-2017, 06:35 AM
Wow! You rock! I really hope this get the attention it deserves from the devs!

Aleonymous
02-06-2017, 10:14 AM
Good catches, Gest! Thou rock, indeed ;)

I'm repeatedly bugging Stoic about this Shield-Wall bug. I've also reported the Battering Ram once, and event sent them log files. Both problems are hopefully in QA by now, but the problem is that there's no clear ETA for the next (if any) update to the game... In any case, apart from these fixes, it's best to identify & save clear test/repro cases for when these bugs do occur, as I think it's unlikely that they will just adopt a solution from "some guy in the forums"!

Ratatoskr
02-06-2017, 12:19 PM

I'm repeatedly bugging Stoic about this Shield-Wall bug. I've also reported the Battering Ram once, and event sent them log files. Both problems are hopefully in QA by now, but the problem is that there's no clear ETA for the next (if any) update to the game... In any case, apart from these fixes, it's best to identify & save clear test/repro cases for when these bugs do occur, as I think it's unlikely that they will just adopt a solution from "some guy in the forums"!

Getting those fixed would definitely be nice. I certainly hope we get at least one more update at some point, even if the focus should rightly be on BS3 at the moment. Does anyone know if the caravan issue with reloading at Boersgard was fixed in the last update? I know Stoic should be aware of it but that's probably the one that annoys me most. I saved those people, damn it; they should stay saved.

Gestaltzerfall
02-06-2017, 12:34 PM

Indeed, these fixes are just workarrounds and not a reliable solution. But I'll try to describe and pinpoint the root of the evil...

The a new version contains a fix for BatteringRam(hopefully). I'll rarely used this ability, but I think now it matches with description.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5w926qqn3dp1833/2017_02_06_app.game-saga1.zip

Password: Name of the final journey destination in Banner Saga 1 (The first letter is a capital letter)

@stoic
Please contact me if you want me to remove that file. I will remove it as quickly as possible.

Tiraglarm
02-06-2017, 04:00 PM
Totally cool bug report, Gestaltzerfall
I wish learn how to do that things you did :]

Two little things from my tbs-week:
A ghost of Gudmundr is here - https://i.gyazo.com/651f651d0d9013915bb4231b9de6f4fa.jpg

Endless rest loop (seems not a bug, but a feature):
https://i.gyazo.com/023b777d4ed09ee7d40e58ff2fcd3096.jpg

Aleonymous
02-06-2017, 05:32 PM
Two little things from my tbs-week:
A ghost of Gudmundr is here - https://i.gyazo.com/651f651d0d9013915bb4231b9de6f4fa.jpg

Endless rest loop (seems not a bug, but a feature):
https://i.gyazo.com/023b777d4ed09ee7d40e58ff2fcd3096.jpg

Please report the first one in the dedicated Steam sub-forum for Russian localization (http://steamcommunity.com/app/281640/discussions/4/144513152473632595/).

The second one is a shortcoming of the AI, I guess. Intentional, I would say. Unfortunate too :p

YaK
02-06-2017, 08:30 PM
The first is a complete oversight: they totally forgot the possibility, there is no alternate dialogue and no condition check.
Wasn't it already reported? It's not localization related.

Aleonymous
02-07-2017, 03:09 AM
I have it crossed out in my list (#23) (http://steamcommunity.com/app/281640/discussions/2/364040166680060167/), that's why I assumed it's a Russian-related bug...

Tiraglarm
02-07-2017, 03:22 AM
The problem not in a translation, but in fact that Folka talks about Gudmundr as a living person. It's look like №23 problem, but why it crossed?

Aleonymous
02-07-2017, 06:24 AM
I suppose I crossed it out because Stoic (or a fellow player?) mentioned in was fixed in a patch. Will have to re-check that, though, it seems.

YaK
02-07-2017, 08:27 PM
It was me! But I am not crazy, I swear!

23a: is fixed (Ch11)
23b: it's not, but I reported it as fixed because for arcane reasons I could not reproduce it at the time, then Ratatoskr pointed me at it again and I fixed also in the fixpack.

But I forgot to tell you 😅

Aleonymous
02-08-2017, 03:04 AM
Hehe, thanks for clarifying that, YaK :) I was 99% sure it wasn't me double-checking those (as I haven't played the game in months :o) but I didn't wanna point any fingers! I updated my list on Steam.

Ratatoskr
02-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Of course, just because it's not fixed for me, doesn't mean it's not fixed for Steam :) Gog tends to be a step or two behind.

Although, if Yak found it again, that one is probably still floating around.

@Yak, you fixed the Boersgard reloading issue in the fixpack right? But it's still in the regular game? I think Gog is finally caught up enough that I could install yours.

YaK
02-08-2017, 10:38 AM
Yep, fixed both and both are still present in the live version.

Gestaltzerfall
02-08-2017, 05:00 PM
I've checked a bug report to ability mark prey:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/237990/discussions/0/154642447922874327/?ctp=2#c154643085272780057

When Rook executes mark prey and the target is killed, he and another char get one kill each.

While inspecting the source code, you can come to the conclusion that this behaviour is intended. But for logical reasons it feels wrong.
Has anyone some experience with mark prey? I didn't used that ability in my earlier playthroughs.

Aleonymous
02-08-2017, 05:12 PM
@Gest -- I think the intended behavior is that only the Hunter (Rook) gets the kill. Of course, since kills from Training Tent now count towards promotions, it's not such a big deal, but it was back when you were struggling to distribute the kills just right.

Tiraglarm
02-11-2017, 02:15 PM
From russian TBS page:
man said that it's not a joke

YaK
02-13-2017, 02:10 AM
Animations\Air Runtime corruption?

Tiraglarm
02-15-2017, 05:01 AM
All I know: it happened after 2-3 alt-tabes. Is that bag known?

Spat Bandit
02-28-2017, 04:28 PM
I don't think it is.... i'll add it to the list. is this from TBS 1 then?

Aleonymous
03-01-2017, 03:22 AM
Does verifying integrity of game cache fix it? It's the static background that is not showing and only the (movable) eyes, sleeves and hair showing...

YaK
03-11-2017, 07:42 AM
I've decided the pragmatic solution and now armor will lowered by 1 as default, when shieldwall effect is removed. I think that is all right, since armor bonuses are not breakable anymore.
Modifying every ability, that could break armor, would be too complex.

Tested the following abilities:

Normal armor breaking attacks
Slag&Burn
Battering Ram
Bloody Flail
Sundering Impact
Return the favor

Trying to test some more during the week.

Hey, Gest

I tested your workarounds and while the version you posted on 3rd Feb seemed to work perfectly, the last two (5th and 6th Feb) don't.

Shield Wall behave correctly, but Stone Wall don't expire at the end of turn (so stacks up every time it is used).

It was pretty funny, Raidmasters never been so dangerous, ever :)

Khatie
12-18-2017, 01:44 PM
I think I could manage to avoid the shieldwall_armor bug.
I've done some research into this bug(http://steamcommunity.com/app/237990/discussions/0/648816743143212793/?ctp=59#c154644349175299442) last year, but i've struggled with the decompiler.
Meanwhile there's a new version of the decompiler. Now I was able to recompile all affected source files.

Is there a possibility to get a new BS1 patch soon? I will share my edited source files if this will speed up the process.

If not, is it allowed to share my recompiled version of 'app.game-saga1.air.swf' with the community?

FYI, this is now fixed on Production. We appreciate you reporting it! :)