PDA

View Full Version : Why is Hakon not a wardog?

quartex
01-16-2014, 10:32 AM
Maybe this is a silly question, but from the promotional material (and the characters page on Stoic's website) I was expecting Hakon to be a Wardog. He even has the unit artwork for one (as far as we know). And yet when the game was released he's a Warmaster. Anyone know why this change was made? Can anyone confirm if the Wardog unit was removed from the game entirely? After playing Factions too much I was really looking forward to trying out new units like Wardog and Champion, and am disappointed by their absence.

netnazgul
01-16-2014, 10:57 AM
there was info somewhere in the beginning of Chapter 1 that Hakon is Wardog, so I was actually surprised to see him being warmaster in combat

franknarf
01-16-2014, 12:32 PM
On the same theme (class confusion): At the end of the first bit, person P of class C dies. I thought it was my fault, then realized he wasn't even participating in the battle I just fought... now, I think maybe it still was my fault but I have no idea how it happened... (I've only just begun the Rook section so far.)

Aleonymous
01-16-2014, 02:34 PM
Indeed. I wanted Wardog & Champion too :(

At least, we get to see the WD's animation... Not saying anymore because you guys (franknarf at least) don't appreciate Spoilers ;)

Rymdkejsaren
01-16-2014, 03:40 PM
I give you the much anticipated Wardoge.

'http://r3dcloud.net/files/wardoge.png

Kaffis
01-16-2014, 05:42 PM
On the same theme (class confusion): At the end of the first bit, person P of class C dies. I thought it was my fault, then realized he wasn't even participating in the battle I just fought... now, I think maybe it still was my fault but I have no idea how it happened... (I've only just begun the Rook section so far.)
Yeah, I did the same thing. Got my characters mixed up, and thought that person P died because I had let him take too many hits in the combat. I was rather upset, as I imagine you were, and decided "Bah. I'm only a few fights and lots of tutorial clicks in... surely I can go right this mistake!" That's when I realized he wasn't even fighting.

Still, I got to see a little bit already of how some different dialogue choices with Eirik affect things.

I'm a few days into Rook's perspective, now, and thoroughly enjoying things.

Lochlan
01-16-2014, 09:41 PM

Pretty sure the Varl on the right is a Wardog. Those who have gotten to Boersgard may recognize him.

EDIT: Not sure why the pic is so tiny...anyway, click it to see it full size.

Aleonymous
01-17-2014, 07:21 AM

Pretty sure the Varl on the right is a Wardog. Those who have gotten to Boersgard may recognize him.

EDIT: Not sure why the pic is so tiny...anyway, click it to see it full size.

I think that one is a Beserker, a new base-class Varl. The Wardog is a promoted Warrior Varl class.

And then there's the two menders (male and female), none of which made it into the Saga... Probably in "Part 2"?

Kletian999
01-17-2014, 11:45 AM
There's a male Mender in Saga. He calls lightning bolts and can repair armor.

Senta
01-17-2014, 11:54 AM
I give you the much anticipated Wardoge.

'http://r3dcloud.net/files/wardoge.png

haha, so amaze!