PDA

View Full Version : Random events and caravan size thoughts

Valen-
01-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Was wondering about the caravan size and composition. Here is what i think:

Depending on the composition you may get different random events. FOr example a lot of clansmen may bring you catfight over marriage or fighters and varl ends in misunderstandings and whatknot.

Anyone has any other information about these features usefulness? Or even if there are random events at all? The fjord do not participate in war so if this is not the case the feature is somewhat underdeveloped and is there just for illustration.

Yellow
01-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Some events are random(however their location is fixed), that i can confirm because i have gotten different events pop up at the exact same place where a different event happened on a previous save.

Other events are scripted(always the same event at the same place)

The % of what is random and what is scripted i don't know. I do think that size of the caravan and morale triggers some of those "random" events.

RoBear
01-17-2014, 02:32 PM
From my testing all or at least an overwhelming majority of the travel events are at set markers along the trail. My initial testing suggests that each event marker only has a small number of events (likely 2/3) that can randomly happen at it. I've been able to directly influence some random events via making camp (not resting or doing anything at camp, just making camp and leaving,) while other events have been completely random. Most of the smaller event markers I've reloaded have only shown two different events from 6-8 loads. Could be weak rng though, the gods are dead after all, so this all needs more testing.