PDA

View Full Version : Alette bugged when attacking Bellower?

Rev
01-18-2014, 06:18 AM
Hey guys,

Think I ran into a bug. When gathering party to go attack Bellower, it's not letting me go without Alette (get the "unit required in party message". I told her she couldn't come when forging the arrow, but when I go to fight him, it forces me to put her in my party. Since she isn't levelled at all, I can't beat Bellower. Thus, I am at an impasse in the game and can go no further. Restoring to an earlier save wont fix it, she still "has" to come.

Any help would be appreciated. :(

Cheers,

Rev

Aleonymous
01-18-2014, 08:46 AM
Hello Rev,

That is intended, Rook & Alette coming to the last fight, even though there's not enough explanation as to why she has to come. The "reason" will be revealed after you defeat Bellower, but it hardly qualifies... I had the exact same problem. My Alette was rank-1 too, so she was quite useless in that fight.

Try bringing heavy-breaker Varls, with at least 25 HP (ARM+STR), and focus only on breaking Bellower ;)

Aleo

Leartes
01-18-2014, 09:16 AM
If you chose earlier to let alette fire the arrow this is perfectly correct. Also it is no problem if she is not leveled in this fight. You just need 5 other guys with high break so that she can hit him with the 'silver arrow' special ability.

roder
01-18-2014, 10:55 AM
If you chose earlier to let alette fire the arrow this is perfectly correct. Also it is no problem if she is not leveled in this fight. You just need 5 other guys with high break so that she can hit him with the 'silver arrow' special ability.

even if you dont choose alette for the arrow, i think she is still required for the fight. thats too bad, never knew this was an issue bc I actually always used Alette

Rensei
01-18-2014, 01:52 PM
She is required so that she can shout "dad! no!". She has to be in the party, but You can minimise the damage by letting her go first/last (depending on playstyle). Might also be there to encourage us to test the new classes - having her and mender in a team means that no matter how the enemies clump - they are boned. Also a 10 str archer with puncture capabilities is amazing - ask any Factions veteran ;-)

sfeldkamp
01-19-2014, 08:15 PM
I have Rook firing the arrow. Only problem. HE DOESN'T HAVE THE FUCKING ABILITY. ALL HE HAS IS MARK PREY. WHAT THE FUCK.

After I lost the battle I reloaded from a checkpoint and now he does have the ability. I played this whole game without reloading once and then I'm forced to do it at the very end. Bullshit.

acordaamor
01-20-2014, 12:34 AM
I noticed another glitch in that battle as well -- the first time I fought Bellower, I chose Alette to fire the arrow, but there was a line through the "Silver Arrow" ability, even when I reduced Bellower's armor to 0, and thus I couldn't win. However, I reloaded the game, and was then able to use the Silver Arrow.

Hey guys,

Think I ran into a bug. When gathering party to go attack Bellower, it's not letting me go without Alette (get the "unit required in party message". I told her she couldn't come when forging the arrow, but when I go to fight him, it forces me to put her in my party. Since she isn't levelled at all, I can't beat Bellower. Thus, I am at an impasse in the game and can go no further. Restoring to an earlier save wont fix it, she still "has" to come.

Any help would be appreciated. :(

Cheers,

Rev

Kuba
01-20-2014, 05:06 AM
No need to be rude, sfeldkamp. There is bug reporting thread: http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?2015-Banner-Saga-Bug-Report-Thread/ , so report it, if anyone hasn't done it before you and it will soon be fixed.

Rensei
01-20-2014, 05:26 AM
Hello sfeldkamp - You run into a bug, no need to panic however - simply call the ability out using keyboard shortcut ([2] if I recall correctly - run into the same bug) or restart the game and start the fight anew.

As for newbie Alette - You really ONLY need to:
- hit Bellower with silver arrow in P1
- kill Bellower in P2
Ignore EVERYONE else, reduce Bello's armor and make room for Alette. In P2 it will be easier - You sac ranged armor breaker, he comes closer and oneshots her/him, You come in with high str varl and reduce his str, he retaliates, however he does that weaker, next comes shield varl, reduces armor further, preparing for revenge with "bring the pain" (or 19 armor Egil just pops up his ability and blocks as many routes as possible), finally comes DPS and finishes the guy off (archers can get up to 10 puncture bonus dmg ^_^). When reduced to around 12str and no willpower Bello is pathetically moving around Your troops, while his bodyguards just watch.

YoThatLimp
01-20-2014, 04:38 PM
Good spoilers in the title of a thread, cool stuff.

angelcatano
01-20-2014, 11:51 PM
Yeah, this was a bit annoying, Allette was my least favourite of the archer types! :(