PDA

View Full Version : In game traveling scenes video is not working correctly

Bastilean
01-18-2014, 02:57 PM
Ever since I destroyed the bridge in the single player campaign, the video of traveling scenes has been glitchy only showing the screen moving in the upper left hand corner. Please help/fix!

JonathanEyles
01-20-2014, 06:58 AM
Ever since I destroyed the bridge in the single player campaign, the video of traveling scenes has been glitchy only showing the screen moving in the upper left hand corner. Please help/fix!

I'm getting a similar problem but in my case the traveling scene is visible but the top information bar that shows morale, supplies and buttons is missing.

This has the effect of not allowing me to camp to level up party members / equip items and never being sure what my morale or supply situation is.

I read it was related to resolution but after changing my Windows resolution to various settings and trying full screen / windowed this does not fix the bug.

Anyone have a solution for this?

tlbignerd
01-20-2014, 11:15 AM
I'm have the same issue on my Surface Pro. Everything was fine until the bridge. If I rotate the screen, then I am able to see the animation. When I rotate back I still only see animation happening in the top left of the screen. I am still able to camp members, since the top options still work correctly, but the animations are lost.

When I go from full screen to a windowed mode, AND the window is not filling the screen, then I am able to see the animation, but the navigation arrows narration options are below the bottom of the screen, so this doesn't work. As soon as I drag the window to still have th3e windowed mode, but fill the screen, the issue appears again.

Is there anything we can provide to help resolve this?

JonathanEyles
01-24-2014, 03:31 AM
Anyone have any ideas for this? Or is there a tech support sub-forum we can move this to?

Can't enjoy the rest of the game until this is fixed. :confused:

raven2134
01-24-2014, 08:47 AM
Please email help@stoicstudio.com :)

John
01-05-2015, 01:53 PM
We’ve had trouble reproducing it, however recently we found the culprit behind the problem. We are working on an updated version of the game using the new renderer that we optimized while making the mobile version. In the meantime you can try this command line option in Steam:

--landscape_buffer false

You can set command line options as described here: https://docs.google.com/a/stoicstudio.com/document/d/1xXKMaroP1t18BXEKrl0YpFamg-ZN8wPk-vTt0rAq53M/edit?pli=1#heading=h.nkchf4pgj7ef
This option will probably reduce performance somewhat, but it should render the entire screen.