PDA

View Full Version : How to not loose a single battle ? (achievement)

Torator
01-18-2014, 07:53 PM
I imagined this achievement concerns only one playthrough otherwise it's pointless ...

But i done the playthrough 3 times already and i might have reloaded the game during a battle each time but i didn't loose any battle apart from 1.

As i imagine the battle on the bridge is quite unbeatable. So is there a way to avoid it ????

or to stuff the right character with the right item (tried that but even in easy this boss is a pure monster) ??

I'm doing a last playthrough in hard mode to get the 2 others achievement i lack, and kind of gave up on this one, as i saw on steam 0% of the players have it ......

raven2134
01-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the report. Stoic will check it out!

Meuhoua
01-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Same here, a full game without a loose expect the face to face Iver/Bellower and no achievement.

TheMeenMachine
01-19-2014, 02:35 AM
I'd also like to confirm that this is a universal problem - at the moment the achievement on steam has a zero percent completion, which is bizarre even for a game this recently related. I completed the game without ever losing a "fair" fight, but the achievement never triggered for me either.

It would appear that the scripted battle with the Bellower at the end of Chapter 4 counts as a failure, making the achievement impossible.

Aleonymous
01-19-2014, 03:47 AM
Didn't you all learn the lesson this game tries to teach us? You can't have everything! :D

So, no one can go unbeaten, even the Sundr, much less Tirean and all us "kittens" ;)

Slimsy Platypus
01-19-2014, 10:15 PM
Has anyone tried facing that battle on easy with a decked out Iver? This doesn't sound likely, but perhaps Iver CAN win that battle? (I'm not sure what his stats are in this particular fight but in the final battle his stats are greatly reduced on easy)

AnotherPersona
01-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Yea, I broke 7 arm, and he just gets it right back, 20/20, dead in 3 rounds no matter what, tried running, everything. And it is the only time in the game I have ever seen a 'defeat' screen.

Leartes
01-20-2014, 03:36 AM
Same here, broke 5 armor he heals back up, dodged first str hit then stunned and killed. I don't think you can win this one.

Rensei
01-20-2014, 05:29 AM
Maybe it can be skipped if You decide not to help on that fight?

joewardog
01-20-2014, 09:34 AM

If you refuse to help the mender, he goes ahead into the fight anyway and you use the guys from the 1st group of Varl help him.

Torator
01-20-2014, 09:51 AM

No !!! If you dont help hakon's party will and Yver still get to fight bellower.
Didn't try all the dialogue possible but .... the game doesnt offer any other fight that would make that achievement so hard to get. If it was possible to avoid the fight it wouldnt be 0%.
I did try in easy with Yver lvl 5 and an item that gives him 2 armor per turn. OP Yver, still can't win even in easy the boss is 20/20 and regen up 5 armor/str each turn. Yver has to lose. Because he has too loose *spoiler*.

AnotherPersona
01-20-2014, 11:42 AM
Rensei, it cannot be skipped, I tried every dialog option.

angelcatano
01-20-2014, 11:57 PM
Didn't you all learn the lesson this game tries to teach us? You can't have everything! :D

So, no one can go unbeaten, even the Sundr, much less Tirean and all us "kittens" ;)

This is so meta!

AnotherPersona
01-21-2014, 12:54 AM