PDA

View Full Version : From the goat shack to Kickstarter: The origin of Stoic [Destructoid]

Sean
10-05-2012, 11:04 AM
You've read a lot about The Banner Saga this week but we end it with a great article about the team behind the game...

http://www.stoicstudio.com/images/blog/destructoid-20121003.jpg

Through the funding platform of Kickstarter, talent gained by working at established studios, and the courage to leave one of the biggest developers in the South, Stoic is bringing games back to where they should belong: A place where fans can play games in their favorite genre without it being watered-down for mass appeal. It's a place where developers can do what they wish without concern of upper management disagreeing. And, a place where a journalist can tell a developerís story without PR backwash and zombified media training getting in the way.

This is Stoicís story.
Check out the entire article on Destructoid: From the goat shack to Kickstarter: The origin of Stoic (http://bit.ly/Vw5Oik)

Flickerdart
10-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Where can we get Stoic spoon-cups like that?

Arnie
10-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Funny story...when we first started the studio I ordered these cool black mugs with a red design on them. Waited 2 weeks and these showed up on my doorstep, pink. So I told the company there was a mistake and they sent me the correct mugs and told me to keep these. We got like 30 of them. I'm certain these pink ones will be collector items someday. Perhaps we can hand them out to the winners of Banner Saga tourneys. The cherished pink mug of victory!

LoliSauce
10-06-2012, 01:27 AM
lol, nice. I like the sound of TBS tourneys, having been heavily vested in the competitive fighting game scene from a while back. Nothing more hype than a first place chalice (mug) to get the competitive blood boiling!

You all best believe I'll be gunning for one of those mugs, if they do end up prizes.

kincajou
10-06-2012, 04:55 AM
Sweet looking mugs :D

Eberict
10-07-2012, 11:55 PM
You should number the 30 mugs so all who own them know they are part of a limited series!

Hughes_dePayens
10-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Those mugs looks pretty sweet.

Troll
10-12-2012, 07:27 AM
We will soon have a battleground and now a reason to fight. What else do we need ?.