PDA

View Full Version : NHL 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

TheMidgardKnight
04-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Hockey thread! LET'S GO:

The Washington Capitals with the game 2 win against the New York Rangers!! Wooooo! Let's go Caps!

Also, the weird Western Conference... man, those final 4 teams... young blood! But pretty cool to see though.

ScottMBruner
04-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Let's go Sharks!

Darn it.

TheMidgardKnight
04-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Let's go Sharks!

Darn it.

Haha, I'm sorry.

I honestly root for the Sharks in the West every year. I feel like they've shared similar paths with the Caps the past few years or so. Awesome regular season... not so much in the playoffs... Actually, the first hockey game I ever went to was the Capitals vs. the Sharks in like 1999 - 2000.

Suzie Q Sailaway
04-30-2012, 11:23 PM
I was rooting for the Sharks as well. Oof!

mrboo001
04-30-2012, 11:29 PM
Lets go Jets!

Oh wait... :(

I really don't have anybody I truly like/hate (MAYbe Phoenix) so its a bit easier to just sit back and watch.

Jenn
05-01-2012, 12:03 AM
The playoffs ended with a whimper for me with the Canucks and the Penguins :(

Cathmore
05-01-2012, 03:54 AM
Vancouver is my team with Ottawa coming in a close second, since both are out I probably won't be paying a lot of attention. Even more so with St. Louis taking a beating as my favorite American team. *sigh*

The woes of a Canadian Hockey fan.

stelly
05-01-2012, 09:59 AM
I know that this is going off topic a bit but I use to follow the Dallas Star, Mike Modano was great :D.... but my god what happened to them? Shocking Bankruptcy :(

Stelly

jimmy
05-01-2012, 03:18 PM
My team (Colorado) didn't even make the playoffs which is good in one way. I don't have to spend my nights trying to stay up and watch it, now I just follow the results and perhaps I'll catch some weekend game which isn't that late.

-Jimmy

Mudfly
05-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Hockey thread! LET'S GO:

The Washington Capitals with the game 2 win against the New York Rangers!! Wooooo! Let's go Caps!

Also, the weird Western Conference... man, those final 4 teams... young blood! But pretty cool to see though.

I was really hoping Rangers would win... It's not that I’m the hugest rangers fan, but Henrik Lundqvist used to play for my home team (Frölunda Indians) so i just want him to succeed :)

opifex
05-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Both of the teams I like best went out in the first round (Red Wings and Black Hawks), so I had a bit of a sad about it, then decided to watch baseball instead. Of course all the Tigers then promptly decided to quit winning for a while. So I'm just not having luck with sports in general right now.

Dark Jedi Dave
05-01-2012, 07:28 PM
hey opifex, at least you're not a Mariners fan :p You know you're a terrible team when the DH is batting .150

Renessa
05-01-2012, 11:28 PM
YES, Hockeeey!

I will fully admit to being a new hockey fan. I've always liked violent sports despite being of the fairer sex ;) but I always stuck to football (American) because I'd learned the rules as a kid so I understood the game. Then last year my brother was up in Rhode Island on business during the Stanley Cup games. He took a few trips into Boston for game-night parties and I actually paid attention. The rules are SO easy to pick up just by being observant! Also feels like NBC has increased the network coverage of hockey lately so I can see more games (never had cable or satellite).

Anyway, I was an automatic Bruins fan but I also picked up a liking for the Caps and Flyers this season. Alas, only one can make it to the championship series, but I'm fine with that. :D