PDA

View Full Version : New/Upcoming games you're interested in!

TheMidgardKnight
04-30-2012, 10:56 PM
I absolutely loved the demos for Asura's Wrath and Dragon's Dogma. I'm going to pick them up in the future for sure. The trailer for Lost Planet 3 also looked really good. (LP2 was one of my favorite co-op experiences of all time.)

Capcom is on top of things right now! Besides all the crap with their infinite stream of DLC... jerks!

Aaron
04-30-2012, 11:08 PM
I backed the Shadowrun Returns (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns) Kickstarter. I don't actually have experience with Shadowrun, but hearing about a cyberpunkish 2D turn-based RPG piqued my interest. Learning that the team making it is led by the original designer of Shadowrun earned the project some pedigree.

Rebel Blob
04-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Right now I'm all caught up in Risen 2, hard to think about games yet to come out. Besides there really isn't anything I'm excited about until Q4, all my big releases before then have hit already.

Jenn
05-01-2012, 12:11 AM
I need to get my hands on the Walking Dead, I've heard some great things about it

I'm also disproportionately interested in Guild Wars 2 (relative to how little entertainment value 1 had)

Other than that, I'm excited for this year's xmas sale on Steam, when I'll get all the big hits from last year :cool:

Jenn
05-01-2012, 12:13 AM
I backed the Shadowrun Returns (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns) Kickstarter. I don't actually have experience with Shadowrun, but hearing about a cyberpunkish 2D turn-based RPG piqued my interest. Learning that the team making it is led by the original designer of Shadowrun earned the project some pedigree.

Also, that's pretty awesome! I wish I'd seen that 2 days ago, I love Shadowrun!

Evil Laughter
05-01-2012, 03:48 AM
I also went for Shadowrun (huge fan of the pen and paper). On the block buster side need I really say Diablo III?

Cathmore
05-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Diablo 3 is probably going to be holding all my attention for the near future, I have at least three groups of people to play with. 1. My brothers, 2. My buddies from uni and 3. My best friend who I just played through D2 with in anticipation, it will probably be her that I play with at 12:01am on the 15th.

Outside of that I'm really excited for E3 and the blow out on the Wii U, I do love my Nintendo franchises.

gotthammer
05-01-2012, 04:50 AM
I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2 (not sure about Secret War...not sure I'd like to be supporting/buying any EA game anytime soon, esp. after ME3), Max Payne 3 (maybe), DUST 514 (wheee...free-to-play), and Mechwarrior Online (maybe Hawken, too).

Some stuff from Paradox Interactive (I love their grand strategy stuff like HoI, EU and CK) also look interesting (Showdown Effect, A Game of Dwarves, and War of the Roses)

As for Kickstarter: other than The Banner Saga, I also backed Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun Returns (SR:R is the most I've ever spent on a single game...not sure if I can fund some other projects lol).
There are a few more Kickstarter projects I find interesting (just not sure I have cash for 'em) : Republique, Yogventures! (lol), and Ravaged
Shadowrun Online is, I think, an upcoming kickstarter project (I just hope that they don't start it too soon...need to get more cash first :D )

stelly
05-01-2012, 04:59 AM
For me its Diablo III, FTL game (another kickstarter project),Borderlands 2, Mechwarrior online, Darksiders 2, Metro Last Light, Torchlight 2.... think I will leave it there for now... I have a few more that I definately want, just cant remember them :)

Stelly

ltwicked
05-01-2012, 06:27 AM
The new Walking Dead game is good so far so im looking forward to the rest of the episodes. Also FTL and im interested to see how Notch's new game turns out like

Skitnik
05-01-2012, 06:50 AM
Now : Warlock, Master of the Arcane...too bad it's steamified. A few roguelikes.

A glimpse from the future : Wasteland 2, The Banner Saga, Shadowrun, The Age of Decadence, Sword and Sorcery : Underworld/Underworld gold , Legend of Eisenwald, Xenonauts...

A bright future indeed, thanks to Kickstarter and indies !

McFly
05-01-2012, 07:03 AM
BioShock Infinite, Torchlight 2, Guild Wars 2

Then in the long term I'm really looking forward to the new Thief game.

croxeye
05-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Here is my list:

The Banner Saga
Mechwarrior: Online
Wasteland 2
FTL
Ravaged
Shadowrun Returns
Torchlight 2
The Walking Dead (the rest of the episodes)
The Dead Linger
X-Com: Enemy Unknown
Borderlands 2

And that's what I can think of off the top of my head, needless to say, many many great games that I am looking forward too.

Kaffo
05-01-2012, 07:32 AM
I played GW1 from release, so I am fanboysihly excited for GW2, even more so after playing the beta weekend. Beyond that? Looking forward to the next Skyrim DLC I'd wager.

CottonWolf
05-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Er... As for new games, I just finished Analogue: A Love Story by Christina Love. If you're a fan of visual novel/adventure game crossovers and like anime, I can heartily recommend it (admittedly, I suspect that will be a very small group of people).

Future games wise, Notch's new game looks interesting (and this is coming from someone who hated the very idea of Minecraft) and Dragon's Dogma looks like a less sadomasochistic version of Dark Souls, so I'm pretty excited about that too. EDIT: How the hell did I forget Bioshock Infinite? Everything I've heard about the 1999 mode in that game makes me feel all tingly.

Neveryield
05-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Oh man, too many to count. I backed both Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun Returns in addition to The Banner Saga, so i'm pretty psyched about that. Immediate future? Diablo 3, which will keep me occupied for most of the summer, hopefully.

Beyond that? Ever shifting, like the snows and sands. But off the top of my head, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, XCom: Enemy Unknown, Guild Wars 2, Darksiders 2, maybe the Game of Thrones title, as a huge fan of the series...

Troll
05-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Many to count, here is a small list :
The Banner Saga obviously), Starfarer, Xenonauts, Grim Dawn, Broderlands 2, Torchlight 2, X Rebirth, Dishonored... Not many new RPGs this year.

@Neveryield :
You might be disappointed for hte Game of Thrones RPG game, it is made by Cyanide, the one studio I hate because of their many failures on very promising titles. Loki was a great example, each patch added more problems than it removed.

Tertius
05-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Skitnik mentioned this above, but I'm also looking forward to Age of Decadence (http://www.irontowerstudio.com/) for the NWN-vibe it seems to be channeling as well as the quasi-Roman/Mediterranean inspired world. I've been wanting to try out the public beta, but it hasn't been playing nicely with CrossOver on my laptop and my PC is still in a box to be shipped.

Neveryield
05-01-2012, 12:35 PM
@Troll
Oh, believe me, i don't hold much hope for it being particularly stupendous. But i'm a huge aSoIaF fan, and if i got a Stark tattoo straight out of high school all those years ago, i figure i could drop a couple bucks on the game. If anything, it'll help draw out Diablo 3's lifespan!

Also, someone namedropped Dark Souls above, and i can't believe i forgot the PC version. Will definitely be double dipping for that.

Kaffis
05-01-2012, 03:37 PM
The games I'm looking forward to most at the moment are the Banner Saga (obviously), PlanetSide 2 (big fan of the original, and it's looking like a great sequel), Wasteland 2, FTL, and the 6th edition of Warhammer 40k (if we're not restricting ourselves to video games).

In the meantime, I'm dumping time into Crusader Kings 2 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution, along with various board games.

I'm also miserable as I wait for Shadowrun Returns to come out, although, oddly enough, that's primarily because I want Jordan Weisman to hurry up and do something with the Crimson Skies license again. Preferably something turn-based with hexes. ;)

TheMidgardKnight
05-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I definitely have others that I'm looking out for:
Notch's new game
Dishonored
Borderlands 2
Bioshock Infinite
Assassin's Creed III
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Also, The Last Guardian... if it's ever finished :(

My backlog is freaking huge though, thanks to my time spent at http://www.cheapassgamer.com/

http://assets.ign.com/thumbs/2012/04/12/first-look-ni-no-kuni-ps3-20100624081815339_640w.jpg
Ni No Kuni, brought to you by your friends at Studio Ghibli and Level 5!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0f8IJpXOFI

GorillaGrod
05-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Currently the Witcher 2 and Tales of Graces f(to fill my JRPG needs).
Upcoming Borderlands 2, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Dragon Dogma, Game of Thrones (just cause I am in love with the books), and hopefully Risen 2 will be good.

cichy69
05-01-2012, 10:00 PM
I'm behind cause my graphic card in a PC died, AND my 360 power supply died. :confused: Still need to play Portal 2, Mass Effect 3, and Witcher 2. Apart from those Im awaiting this awesome game I can't wait for Banner Saga (;)),Wasteland 2, FTL, Diablo III and Xcom Enemy Unknown :P

Forgot69
05-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Nobody seems to have mentioned Grim Dawn (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn), another great looking Kickstart project. After not being overly inspired by the Diablo 3 beta, this looks deliciously old school! Nom nom!

Blistig
05-02-2012, 04:58 AM
I'm quite excited for Warlock - Master of the Arcane. It's a Civilizations-style game (turn-based, empire building and so forth), set in a fantasy world with a good portion of humor. I watched a few videos about it, seems like a solid production, and it's not a full-price title either. I think it's coming out in about a week.

Apart from that I'm of course extremely excited about TBS, can't wait for the multiplayer demo in summer! Diablo 3 seems interesting, but I never really played D1&2 (too young for that I guess), so it's kind of hard to get overly excited about it. At the end of the day I can always reinstall Titan Quest (now I'm going to get murdered by the D3 guys :P).
Guild Wars 2 will be awesome as well, I preordered it, but couldn't attend the latest beta event due to account problems. I'll probably play the game mainly for the PvP aspect, and not extensively either. I think GW2 might be the first MMO that I will be manage to enjoy on a more casual basis.
Hmm, what else? I backed both Shadowrun and Wasteland2, but these won't come out for ages. There are really no games that I'm incredibly excited about apart from these. I do however have quite a list of older games which I had planned to play, but never came around to. These include Assassin's Creed Brotherhood&Revelations, Sins of a Solar Empire, Galactic Civilizations 2, Avernum: Escape from the Pit, Europa Universalis 3 and Sim City 4 (I'm not even kidding, never played the Sim City series).
I reckon all of these will keep me entertained for another decade :rolleyes:

ArunawayNERD
05-02-2012, 08:23 AM
I can tell you im not excited for the next call of duty game, but that's just my opinion

Ratatoskr
05-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Nobody seems to have mentioned Grim Dawn (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn), another great looking Kickstart project. After not being overly inspired by the Diablo 3 beta, this looks deliciously old school! Nom nom!

A few people including me mentioned it over on the "promising kickstarters" thread. And I probably will end up getting that one since I don't like the idea of having to play Diablo III only online.

Despil
05-02-2012, 01:34 PM
I'm still trying to find time to play Fez. Only managed an hour or two so far, and it's pretty keen.

Aside from Diablo III which is right around the corner, I'm looking forward to XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Assassin's Creed III.

Biowulf
05-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Right now, Diablo III is the only one I'm looking forward to. It also happens to come out just a few days after finals, lucky me :D

TheMidgardKnight
05-03-2012, 12:08 AM
I can tell you im not excited for the next call of duty game, but that's just my opinion

Even though they've finally added women, and this??

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17lc999do45tygif/original.gif

Flickerdart
05-03-2012, 12:58 AM
For a moment I thought that was the Enterprise swooping down on a Western, but then I was disappointed.

lamaz
05-03-2012, 06:21 AM
Currently waiting for Diablo 3 and Borderlands 2. Also where the hell are my Mirror's Edge 2 and Beyond Good & Evil 2? On the original IP side I'm waiting for Dishonored and Hawken.

If you don't know what Hawken is you need to check their website at http://www.hawkengame.com

Also, here's a picture:
http://www.hawkengame.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Hawken_Desktop.jpg
(can it get any better than this? - The Banner Saga is in a league of its own)

Kaffis
05-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Hawken looks like a pretty impressive game, but I've got reservations about the tone of its mech presentation. I like my mechs to have a sense of gravity and weight, and lean a little more towards the lumbering end of the spectrum and away from the dodging, dashing, and leaping end that anime inspirations tend to favor.

Dark Jedi Dave
05-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Playing The Witcher 2 on the Xbox, waiting for Diablo 3. Also, I'm excited about The Guardian and interested to see more about Last of Us.

I used to be into Call of Duty, but the yearly release of the same game in a different costume is getting old.

Troll
05-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Hawken looks like a pretty impressive game, but I've got reservations about the tone of its mech presentation. I like my mechs to have a sense of gravity and weight, and lean a little more towards the lumbering end of the spectrum and away from the dodging, dashing, and leaping end that anime inspirations tend to favor.

Same to me, seems good but those otherworldly moves make the whole game feel strange. Like playing a FPS with mech skin.
Anyway hte game looks really good and if what I said is just a first contact thing it may prove really good. Not many mech games these days, no more mech warriors...

LoliSauce
05-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Hawken seems like it would be better if it were third person camera view, but that's probably just my bias towards Armored Core seeping in.

Speaking of, I've been playing a combination of FromSoft games (Dark Souls and Armored Core 5), Eiyuu Senki (JP game comparable to Sengoku Rance gameplay), Gensou Shoujo Taisen (doujin Super Robot Wars clone), and Titan Quest with 4 or 5 other friends. (can't wait for Grim Dawn)

Skitnik
05-07-2012, 07:03 PM
For those interested in 4X strategy, Endless Space (http://endless-space.amplitude-studios.com/) is curently on alpha, sadly with steam DRM. For me, it was a nice surprise, strong gameplay, great atmosphere. Oh, and for an alpha, it's already pretty polished and enjoyable.

lamaz
05-07-2012, 07:13 PM
For those interested in 4X strategy, Endless Space (http://endless-space.amplitude-studios.com/) is curently on alpha, sadly with steam DRM. For me, it was a nice surprise, strong gameplay, great atmosphere. Oh, and for an alpha, it's already pretty polished and enjoyable.

Haha, I just made a long post about the Endless Space on the Kickstarter projects thread a minute ago!

Skitnik
05-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Haha, I just made a long post about the Endless Space on the Kickstarter projects thread a minute ago!

I saw that a little bit after.

By the way, Amplitude signed a deal with Iceberg Interactive (http://iceberg-interactive.com/news-mainmenu-33/1-latest/489-endless-space-to-debut-in-retail-on-24-august-2012.html), so the game will be out, DRM-free, boxed or digital, the 24 August.

Käptn Pommes
05-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Right now I'm really into Risen 2, but I'm waiting for the PC release of Dark Souls, since it came out for consoles :D

Dark Jedi Dave
05-13-2012, 08:04 AM
When Dialbo 3 is released, I will crawl back into my shell for a few months. I remembered getting in so much trouble from my parents back in elementary school being caught playing D2 in the middle of the night. Now I just have to avoid falling asleep at work or being caught playing in the middle of the night by my gf, haha

Ratatoskr
05-13-2012, 09:50 AM
I admit I'm kinda hoping Legend of the Time Star (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/attackmountain/legend-of-the-time-star-a-retro-action-rpg?ref=users) gets funded because I have a weakness for 2D side-scroller type games. It's not looking good at the moment but look what Republique managed. If it does fail I suppose I can always back Spate (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/379113968/spate?ref=users) instead.

So that's what I'm looking forward to. Otherwise Baten Kaitos for the game cube has somehow managed to eat my life.

JokerAR
05-13-2012, 10:10 AM
The new Walking Dead game is good so far so im looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

This sums up my current interests alongside Max Payne 3. My PC wouldn't like Diablo 3 so I suspect it'll be an upcoming month or so to catch up on my backlog.

blind_evil
05-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Hmm, touched on this in the other thread, but

Dragon's Dogma
CoD: Black Ops 2
Darksiders II
The Last Story
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Lollipop Chainsaw
Assassin's Creed 3

I would say Diablo 3 but it doesn't run especially well on my laptop.

hannibal
06-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Baldur's Gate EE (Enhanced Edition) -> Baldursgate.com
and
Torchlight II
Maybe the new Fire Emblem on the 3DS

I've abandoned Blizzard (and Bioware) for various reasons, so no D3.

Ratatoskr
06-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Baldur's Gate EE (Enhanced Edition) -> Baldursgate.com
and
Torchlight II
Maybe the new Fire Emblem on the 3DS

You have just made my day. Baldur's Gate was one of the games I grew up on so this makes me really happy.

LoliSauce
06-12-2012, 03:21 PM
My post-E3 biggest interests:

Anarchy Reigns
Dishonored
Borderlands 2

That none of the actual games announced at E3 are listed above is really sad.

Oktober
06-12-2012, 05:54 PM

Preach it brother.

Oktober
06-12-2012, 06:01 PM

I'm with you. Always thought the setting was interesting, never really had much interaction with it except for playing as much of the SNES game as my emulator would allow (about 15 minutes) before crashing.

Being in unfamiliar territory, I got some tips on their forums of some fiction to check out. I've read through "Into the Shadows" a collection of interconnected short stories by a variety of writers. I'm about 90% done with "Never Deal with a Dragon," the first part of a trilogy that tangentially connects with the stories in "Into the Shadows." I also picked up "2XS," a standalone novel which received some of the highest praise on that forum.

I dunno if you've ever read any William Gibson, but these Shadowrun folks clearly drew a lot of "inspiration" from him. Calling intrusion-countermeasure programs "ICE," thugs are "street samurai," etc. I read the Neuromancer trilogy some years back, and had a pretty good time with them, but this Shadowrun books are really more entertaining. Gibson was writing literature, so it's not as gratuitous as one would sometimes wish for.

Anyway, long story short, I recommend checking out the fiction. It should get you plenty hyped for the SR:R game release.

Midnitte
06-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Quantum Conundrum (come the 21st)
Diablo 3 (which is the reason I havent played WoW)
Final Fantasy Tactics (ps vita!)

and soon I need to pick one of the humble bundle 5 games to complete...

Flickerdart
11-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Not sure if this qualifies (it is fairly new) but King's Bounty: Warriors of the North is 50% off for the next 10 hours on Steam. If you wanted more viking tactics than Banner Saga can provide, now is the time to buy some more.

Antares
11-24-2012, 05:21 AM
Eador: Master of the Broken World is currently topping my list, Commander: The Great War looks interesting as well.

Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun Returns are great prospects, but we'll have to wait some time for those two.

King's Bounty is fun and at 50% it's price is much closer to what I'd say is fair for a solid game, which, however, offers little more compared to the previous KB titles.

Aidenee
04-12-2013, 11:40 AM
I love Top Spin 4, smack down vs raw 2013 and GTA 4.