PDA

View Full Version : Change of email address

coldnorthgamer
10-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Hi Stoic,

Because of a future move, I've had to change my Kickstarter email address and the email address for my forum account. I was a backer under the old email address and just want to make sure that my backer information will be updated to the new email address.

Cheers,
Wayne

Sean
10-31-2012, 04:25 PM
Hi Stoic,

Because of a future move, I've had to change my Kickstarter email address and the email address for my forum account. I was a backer under the old email address and just want to make sure that my backer information will be updated to the new email address.

Cheers,
Wayne

Once your account has Backer status, the only way to remove it is through (our) administration. Changing your email address or other elements will not affect it (adversely). Thanks for asking, though!

Krummer
11-08-2012, 10:29 PM
I have a somewhat related issue.

I just realized that I used @gmail.com instead of @googlemail.com for the forum account. My kickstarter mail is @googlemail.com though. I just changed the forum account's adress to the right thing. Will my status get updated?

Greetings from Germany (at 4 am),
Alex

Sean
11-09-2012, 08:14 AM
I have a somewhat related issue.

I just realized that I used @gmail.com instead of @googlemail.com for the forum account. My kickstarter mail is @googlemail.com though. I just changed the forum account's adress to the right thing. Will my status get updated?

Greetings from Germany (at 4 am),
Alex

It looks like your account is "green" and you have the Backer status so you should be all good to go. I also see a Factions Beta Key attached to your account. You can quickly get to it by going to your profile here:

http://stoicstudio.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile

And look under the "Beta Testing Information" section. Let us know if we can assist you with anything else!

gaelvin
11-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Sorry if I'm a little dense and this question was already answered above, but...

I have found it necessary to set up a new e-mail account, and I'm in the process of switching things over to it now. I was a backer for the Kickstarter at a level to receive the single-player game when it's completed, and I want to know what I need to do regarding my new e-mail so that I will get the game.

Sean
11-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Sorry if I'm a little dense and this question was already answered above, but...

I have found it necessary to set up a new e-mail account, and I'm in the process of switching things over to it now. I was a backer for the Kickstarter at a level to receive the single-player game when it's completed, and I want to know what I need to do regarding my new e-mail so that I will get the game.

Nope, you should be more than fine. The email address is basically used so you can get your account automatically confirmed on account creation. Once you have that status, you won't lose it. And, as you may have seen, those who sign up under different email addresses, they still get their access. It's just a little more manual. At the end of the day, we want to ensure that no one gets left behind ;)