PDA

View Full Version : Our first patch is now live!

Myll_Erik
01-21-2014, 09:43 PM
Howdy Folks!

We've been quite busy on first week of launch, and our first patch should be going live tomorrow morning! Lot's of your feedback went in to making changes/updates on this patch and we hope it makes your experience better!

We are planning on putting the patch up first thing tomorrow (9-10 AM CST).

Here are the release notes:

• Added options for subtitles. Click the button with the Close Captioning 'CC' logo on the Options page.
• Added missing Kickstarter backer names to credits
• Backer Crests that missed the initial deadline have been incorporated into the game.
• Challenge Achievement can now be gained, despite Iver losing a battle to Bellower
• Fix issue where ranked up units are unable to use their rank 2 & 3 abilites after loading from a save game
• Fix issue where bad save game files prevented the start menu from displaying.
• Numpad keys are now supported for Conversation option (1,2,3,...) and continue (SPACE, ENTER) hotkeys.
• Numpad keys are now supported for combat hotkeys (1,2,3,4)
• Fixed achievement names of Eagle Eye and Siege Archer
• Dredge Slag Slinger Backoff can now trigger at most once per turn. This addresses problems when Rook's Mark Prey ability is used on a Dredge Slag Slinger when multiple allies can hit it.
• Slingers that get hit while running away will now resume running away after their damage reaction animation completes
• Silver Arrow in Bellower fight now longer requires Willpower to use
• Travel HUD no longer permanently disappears after Einartoft due to certain choices
• More supplies and renown increased throughout Chapter 6
• Nid no longer gains the incorrect number of points to spend on rank up
• Ekkill no longer appears incorrectly in certain events if he is left behind
• Iver is no longer required in the party after Einartoft when making certain choices.
• Fixed an error where Fasolt would stay with the party after Einartoft in certain branches.

quartex
01-21-2014, 10:06 PM
Thanks for posting the release notes, you should post them on the Steam forums as well (if only to appease everyone asking for subtitles to be added). Glad to see several narrative bugs have been fixed and chapter 6 has been made a bit easier. (I'd been waiting at Einartoft until the patch was released)

I realize bigger gameplay changes like adding harsher penalties for starvation were unlikely to happen in the initial patch. But I hope after Stoic gets a proper vacation they can spend some time polishing some of Chapter 1's rough edges.

Aries
01-22-2014, 02:09 AM
Howdy Folks!

• Challenge Achievement can now be gained, despite Iver losing a battle to Bellower

To be clear, does this mean the player has to replay the game from before the battle with Bellower, or will the patch work for games post-Bellower fight?

Aleonymous
01-22-2014, 03:54 AM
Here are the release notes:
• Nid no longer gains the incorrect number of points to spend on rank up

This means that Nid is starting at rank-1 with 0 points-to-spend? I was kinda hoping that she'd be higher ranked, since she comes so late in the game... Well, not rank-5 (as the 8 points-to-spend implied) but something like rank-3 would do. But, I guess it's kinda counter-lore, as Nid was just a village-woman a couple of months ago (as was Odd, for that matter!).

Yellow
01-22-2014, 04:23 AM
Nid should start at level 5 considering how late she comes into the party, how natural good she is with that bow and how few fights are left...

Anyway, good job with the patch :) hope its not too long until next one comes out!

Rensei
01-22-2014, 04:31 AM
Noooooooooooo Niiiiiiiiiiiid :(
Great job guys - I expected You to go on well deserved vacation and start work in a month or so. Hope this patch will shut some naysayers mouths - it's actually amazing how many issues You addressed (tho You might have left Nid OP for a bit longer ;_;).

Mhorhe
01-22-2014, 10:37 AM
Nicely done guys, congrats!

quartex
01-22-2014, 11:20 AM
Stoic just announced the patch on Steam - I assume this means the patch will be implemented soon. One more change was added to the Steam patch announcement:

"Fix issue with using left/right arrow buttons in Heroes unit details page when no units are in the party"

Myll_Erik
01-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Patch is now live :)

Craig Stern
01-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Good stuff!

A request for the next patch: volume sliders for the game's music and sound effects. Those are pretty important for producing well-balanced audio in gameplay / first impressions videos. ;)

Toskk
01-22-2014, 12:27 PM
"Fix issue where ranked up units are unable to use their rank 2 & 3 abilites after loading from a save game" - One quick note here.. this change does not appear to have fixed the issue of Eyvind's lightning attack always using the rank 1 value (2 str damage), regardless of level.

Yellow
01-22-2014, 12:37 PM
"Fix issue where ranked up units are unable to use their rank 2 & 3 abilites after loading from a save game" - One quick note here.. this change does not appear to have fixed the issue of Eyvind's lightning attack always using the rank 1 value (2 str damage), regardless of level.

Hi there, maybe you know this already, but just in case you don't, are you aware that you have to use extra willpower(select several stars) in order to use each level of the special ability?

1 willpower/star = level 1 ability
2 willpower/stars = level 2
3 willpower/stars = level 3

Toskk
01-22-2014, 12:50 PM
Hi Yellow,

Huh.. well, in that case, if that's intended behavior, it is both different than any other power of any class, and a tooltip issue. The class ability text makes no mention of the need to use extra willpower to 'rank up' the power. Making no judgement about how balanced (or not) the power is, I'm a little curious as to why this singular mechanic for a power? No other class needs to spend extra willpower just to 'rank up' their active abilities..

Edit: this also induces a scaling problem with the class. All other heroes' active abilities scale both with level (ranks 1->3) and with willpower. Having Eyvind scale only with willpower is both counter-intuitive and ultimately limits his functionality.

Yellow
01-22-2014, 12:56 PM
Hi Yellow,

Huh.. well, in that case, if that's intended behavior, it is both different than any other power of any class, and a tooltip issue. The class ability text makes no mention of the need to use extra willpower to 'rank up' the power. Making no judgement about how balanced (or not) the power is, I'm a little curious as to why this singular mechanic for a power? No other class needs to spend extra willpower just to 'rank up' their active abilities..

Hi man, the power "ranks up" automatically when you level up your hero, you do not need to add any points to it on the hero tent. However on the battlefield it works a bit different, all units special ability have this requisite of having to spend extra willpower for each level...

Example:

*Odeleiff in order to deploy several traps per "slot" needs more willpower
*Egil in order to deflect more damage, needs more willpower

and so on... it was and still is this way on Factions too, not only in the single player game!

Toskk
01-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Hi Yellow,

Well, color me confused. :P I guess ignore this.

illathid
01-22-2014, 01:18 PM
Hi Yellow,

Edit: this also induces a scaling problem with the class. All other heroes' active abilities scale both with level (ranks 1->3) and with willpower. Having Eyvind scale only with willpower is both counter-intuitive and ultimately limits his functionality.

Actually all triggered abilities are like that. To have a Warhawk hit 3 people with tempest you need to spend two willpower, etc.

Ninja'd

Toskk
01-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Yeah, reading through the abilities, it makes sense now. It makes for some odd scaling of specials, in general (for nearly all classes they don't scale as well as basic attacks), relegating them mostly to use as openers, but that appears to be intentional.

Michael
01-22-2014, 01:44 PM
Nice, looks like it΄s time to start my Hard game than!

Yellow
01-22-2014, 02:36 PM
Yeah, reading through the abilities, it makes sense now. It makes for some odd scaling of specials, in general (for nearly all classes they don't scale as well as basic attacks), relegating them mostly to use as openers, but that appears to be intentional.

Glad you finally understood it ;) am definitively not the best around here when it comes down to explaining how things work :P

roder
01-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Sounds good! Thanks for the speedy and swift patch, stoic. Especially John! :D

angelcatano
01-22-2014, 10:01 PM
One week to patch :) Kudos! I wonder how many patches to fix the small bugs will you do :)

Did you fix Iver's (and Allette's) description does not display after their transformations?

Aries
01-23-2014, 02:30 AM
Anyone now have the problem in the final fight with Bellower where you can't use the silver arrow?

His armour is zero, his health is 5 (lowest you can get him pre-arrow), and I even have willpower (though the patch apparently negated that requirement).

But the silver arrow has a cross through it. Any ideas?

Image below:
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/Arizor/ScreenShot2014-01-23at63042pm_zps243afa12.png (http://s634.photobucket.com/user/Arizor/media/ScreenShot2014-01-23at63042pm_zps243afa12.png.html)

Aleonymous
01-23-2014, 05:04 AM
Anyone now have the problem in the final fight with Bellower where you can't use the silver arrow?His armour is zero, his health is 5 (lowest you can get him pre-arrow), and I even have willpower (though the patch apparently negated that requirement).But the silver arrow has a cross through it. Any ideas?

That's after the 1st patch, right? Weird :( I had a similar problem, once, before the patch. My situation was more "tight" (i.e. Rook was at 10STR and Bello at 10ARM), so I thought it might have been that...

Aries
01-23-2014, 05:25 AM
Bugger. I'll try reloading when I play again.

stoicmom
01-23-2014, 08:13 AM
this is exactly what i encountered on my first play through and was very confused as to why i could not kill Bellower with my archer . . . will try that battle again this weekend :p

RobertTheScott
01-23-2014, 01:14 PM
• More supplies and renown increased throughout Chapter 6

Great fixes, great job working through these things, and yes, Chapter 6 did have an insane difficulty spike, but....

...I have to admit, I was kinda looking forward to replaying the game and stockpiling supplies from the start to the end in order to somehow avoid everyone starving to death. Call it FTL syndrome, where horrific results lead to me loving the game.

Rensei
01-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Just finished a patch testing run:
- the renown/supply management seemed easier after bridge section
- the Ekkill/Onef related events didn't pop after I refused to let them join
- fight with Bello bugged (silver arrow blocked, still usable from keyboard [2])
- won all battles, except the Iver vs Bello "duel", still no achievement
- slingers work nice now, but it seems other dredge transferring armor damage also trigger only once per turn
- Fasolt didn't make it as was foretold :(

Boronian
01-26-2014, 06:41 AM
Have I to start a new game for the bug fixes and changes?
Because I just finished the game and I didn't get the Challenge achievement despite only losing against Bellower and I had to use willpower for the silver arrow in the final fight.

Enkeli
01-28-2014, 05:15 AM
Hi! Any chance that you developers can tell us about your future plans for this superb game? Will there be content patches as well, or just bug fixes while we wait for the second episode of the game?

I have now played through the game three times and would love to do so again if there was a content patch. For example, I would like to see more events and it would be nice if the amount of clansmen was more strategically important.

Yellow
01-28-2014, 06:24 AM
Hi! Any chance that you developers can tell us about your future plans for this superb game? Will there be content patches as well, or just bug fixes while we wait for the second episode of the game?

good questions!

-------------------------------------

A couple of bugs i encountered on my last post-patch playtrought:

- Gronnulf starts with 2 skill points in Exertion on the tutorial, but later on he has 0 points on that skill.
- Alette has wrong bio after she puts the hood up
- Silver arrow is sometimes bugged(it works with hotkeys but not with the default special skill icon)
- No varls or fighters join you caravan(add to the total number) when you leave Einarntof, even when the text says that almost half the garrison follows you.
- Udins caravan dont add any numbers neither to yours(is he and Gronnulf the only ones on his caravan after Einarntof? no varls or figthers with them what so ever?
- When Rook and Juno go get the silver from the godstone, in the text says Rook woke up following Juno, but in the background picture is the other way around, Juno following Rook.

+ Nid starts at level 1(she should starts at level 5 in stead, since she joins so late and there are so little fights left) (not a bug but a suggestion)