PDA

View Full Version : Your coolest combos

Nuppelhauser
01-24-2014, 02:58 PM
First let me say, that in my oppinion this is one of the best games of the last years. Although it has it flaws it's unique art, innovation and awesome story-telling made it very enjoyable and costed me a lot of sleep. :)

But now btt:

After 1 1/2 playthroughs i'm interested in the combos you created in the fights.

For instance: I gave "farthinjörd" to Rook and Str. - Items to Gunnulf to set up an instant kill with 9 armor-break from distance with Rook and an 18-21 Str. Attack maybe with tempest from Gunnulf.

What combos did you guys use?

netnazgul
01-25-2014, 04:25 AM
Many combos that trace back to Factions are not that effective in singleplayer just cause your enemy have much more units and it's more effective to just strike and strike and strike again. Although one combo was fun - bring 3 archers, use 3 of them to break one unit (like that 13/22 str dredges) and after that use Rook to Mark Prey - and watch him being obliterated by 3 simultaneous puncture shots.

Korica
01-25-2014, 05:34 AM
Rook's Mark Prey is kind of the ultimate combo by default, so besides that...

Step 1 - Break 6-9 armor off the target
Step 2 - Break even more armor by having Griss Battering Ram the target toward my heavy hitters, aka Hakon
Step 3 - Hakon one-shots the target

Also fun ...

Step 1/2 - Siege Archer and Skystriker hit the same area
Step 3 - Spearmen or Strongarm throws the target into the trap

Rensei
01-25-2014, 05:41 AM
For me, the most exciting were the ones including new classes. Rook is a combo beast, however my favorite is spearman, skystriker + strongarm into trap.
Very few dredge survive this, and it totally ignores armor.

Aleonymous
01-25-2014, 08:31 AM
The Impale+Ram combo is my favorite. Adding RoA & SnB (like Rensei suggests) makes it even nastier! It can kill those Stoneguard Colossus without touching his 23ARM! :)

We should start a competition for the highest:
(1) Eyvind's Arc-Lightning "multi-electrocution". I think a 4-5 arc has been captured on picture. I've done a 4 one too, I think.
(2) Dredge Splinter "daisy-chaining". My record is a 6 dredge "wave", I think.