PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] Can we defeat bellower at einartoft?

Gunga_din
01-28-2014, 05:55 AM
There's an achievement for not losing any battles which I don't have and I can't think of any other lost battles than that one, when Iver loses an arm. Is there any way to beat that or do we have to avoid helping the mender against the stonesinger?

Rensei
01-28-2014, 08:50 AM
The recent patch was supposed to fix that (this one unwinnable fight is not counted in for the achievement purposes), however I did a run after the patch went online, never lost a fight (except this one ofc) and still didn't get it.

Gunga_din
01-29-2014, 01:18 AM
Well, I thought it could be a bug, but hoped it was some alternate plot :(
If you refuse to help Eyvind, Iver still goes to the bridge and the difference is you get to fight the stonesinger with hakon's team, but the same thing happens later.

gunnyfreak
01-29-2014, 05:35 AM
I'm wondering, there are items that allow dodge chance. Does that mean theoretically if one is lucky enough (5-6 dodges in a row, maybe?) one can defeat bellower?

Enkeli
01-29-2014, 06:08 AM
I'm wondering, there are items that allow dodge chance. Does that mean theoretically if one is lucky enough (5-6 dodges in a row, maybe?) one can defeat bellower?

Not if his abilities work the same as in the later battle. Bellower has a power that protects him from damage once he has been wounded sufficiently, and another power that regenerates his health whenever he gets a turn. I tested this in the final battle (part 1, before the arrow) and got him down to something like 2 armor and 3 health. Any damage that would take him lower than 5 health was reduced. This meant that Bellower was always able to regenerate faster than my team could deal damage. The situation is much worse in the bridge fight where there are no other dredge to weaken Bellower's turn advantage.

Verrazano
05-24-2014, 10:10 PM
Couldn't you potentially kill him in one blow on the bridge though? Iver has a max strength of 17 and exertion of 3. This would be 20 strength damage using 3 willpower, completely negated by the Bellowers armor of 20. However the item Gullinfyri gives you + 15% chance to 2x strength damage. Meaning if you are lucky you could potentially deliver 40 damage in one blow. Which would overcome the Bellowers armor and kill him in one shot. Would this be negated by his regen/keep alive ability? Or is it actually possible to kill him using this method.

Aleonymous
05-25-2014, 01:48 PM
Couldn't you potentially kill him in one blow on the bridge though? Iver has a max strength of 17 and exertion of 3. This would be 20 strength damage using 3 willpower, completely negated by the Bellowers armor of 20. However the item Gullinfyri gives you + 15% chance to 2x strength damage. Meaning if you are lucky you could potentially deliver 40 damage in one blow. Which would overcome the Bellowers armor and kill him in one shot. Would this be negated by his regen/keep alive ability? Or is it actually possible to kill him using this method.

Even though your math is right (albeit quite unlikely), the devs have thought of this: Bellower's "Indomitable" passive ability does not allow Bello's STR to drop below 5. You can see that if your try to kill him in the first phase of the final battle... Besides, that huge red brute uses "Quake and Despair" on Iver, stunning him and effectively denying him the crucial first hit you describe, in this one-on-one situation.

Check the wiki article for more info on Bellower (Spoilers!) (http://bannersaga.gamepedia.com/Bellower).