PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous voices and incredible fun!

TheDoubleTap
02-09-2014, 06:52 AM
Hey there, I come here from the land of YouTube to introduce you to my Banner Saga series!
I run about 4 (currently 3 due to a starbound hiatus) series simultaneously uploading 2 High Quality videos daily. I put in considerable hours as my channel is something I'm incredibly passionate about. I edit these videos meticulously and make sure to remove as much as I can, leaving the best, funniest, epicest (that's not a word is it?) most engaging parts of the videos for you!
In my Banner Saga series, due to the large amount of reading, which would of course deter most from doing a youtube series on it, but out of stupidity and a pure love for the amazing style and gameplay in banner saga, I've tried (and in most cases, failed hilariously) to put on voices for each of the characters. I have a ridiculous amount of fun doing it and I hope you have as much fun watching!

First Episode for those who are new:
aCsSSRsk4sU

THE LAST EPISODE:
NDMggCVAj98

I will update the above link with the latest video everytime there is a new one, and post below both to bump the thread and to let you guys know there is a new one, Thank you so much to all those who watch, it's a massive help, and an even bigger thank you to all of those who share and subscribe, I can't thank you enough!

This series has ended and I will miss it a lot. I've had such great fan feedback and a brilliant response from everyone, I can't wait to see you all again once part 2 comes around, until then, thank you! Don't forget to subscribe, share and support my channel so I can continue to work hard bringing you this content daily!

Aleonymous
02-10-2014, 07:59 AM
Hey DoubleTap. Thanks for sharing. I am at work now, so I can't enjoy your voice-overs :D

I am not sure if anyone can embed videos in this forum; I think this is reserved for admins & mods only.

TheDoubleTap
02-10-2014, 08:23 AM
I've decided since I can't embed the videos I may as well keep the whole series up there as links, so everytime there is a new episode I will add a new clearly labelled link to that episode. Episode 2 is up now, I hope you all enjoy, share and subscribe! :)

raven2134
02-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Check your post now ;)

TheDoubleTap
02-10-2014, 10:01 PM
ooooo prettyyyy, thank you very much!

TheDoubleTap
02-11-2014, 09:13 PM
The most recent episode, episode 3, has been put into the top post, I hope you all enjoy! :)

stoicmom
02-11-2014, 09:18 PM
where do i find episode 2?

Aleonymous
02-12-2014, 03:45 AM
where do i find episode 2?

Here is DoubleTap's video-series for TBS -- http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8Hh9o1iJa2Tr0N2bYj0x3Tmz4ndMA3xC ;)

TheDoubleTap
02-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Here is DoubleTap's video-series for TBS -- http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8Hh9o1iJa2Tr0N2bYj0x3Tmz4ndMA3xC ;)

Yeah, all of my series are set up in playlists on my channel just like the one above. I like to make this as organised as possible for easy viewing, after all there is almost 600 videos on my channel.

TheDoubleTap
02-14-2014, 06:48 AM
Episode 4 is up! I hope you all enjoy :)

stoicmom
02-14-2014, 08:25 AM
Thanks TheDoubleTap for sharing The Banner Saga from your entertaining perspective :D

TheDoubleTap
02-15-2014, 06:33 AM
Nonono, Thank YOU for watching my videos, and all your kind words (makes a nice change from the abuse I get from the starbound forums ahaha)

Episode 5 is up now! Please enjoy :)

Aleonymous
02-15-2014, 09:28 AM
Episode 5 is up now! Please enjoy :)

Thanks. Good to see you're improving your battle skills, attacking first Armor and then Strength. You should consider using Egil's and Oddleig's special abilities too. Both are conveniently "ignored" by the AI, so you cook up interesting things ;)

TheDoubleTap
02-19-2014, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the tips! I did another recording session last night and finally figured out that Player_Str - Enemy_Arm = Dmg so that was very useful lol

Anyway, episode 6 is up up and away, please enjoy!

Aleonymous
02-20-2014, 03:48 AM
Painfully ridiculous voice, eh? :D Thanks, again!

One tip -- When you see that Egil (the Raidmaster boy) is about to die and his attack can't do anything serious (e.g. just 1ARM damage), then it's much better to Stone-Wall him (use his ability) to absorb up to 3STR or 3ARM damage. Example: if he's got 2STR/8ARM left, then the AI will believe that 2STR damage (from a 10STR enemy) is enough to kill him, whereas they'd actually need 5STR to do so! Consequently, the AI-enemies will just waste turns attacking to kill him, but he wont fall! That works best against human (who have generally low STR, i.e. 7-12 max) but your Egil must have some ARM left on him!

TheDoubleTap
02-21-2014, 07:14 PM
I see, that does make a lot of sense, complicated as it seems :P Thanks for the tips!

Episode 7, as you may have guessed, is now available!

EDIT: I apologise, it seems I missed putting 7 on here, been very busy lately, but yeah, 8 is up at the top now :P

TheDoubleTap
02-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Hey, episode 9 is now up! This is the episode I mentioned where I finally get the hang of ARM vs STR :P

Aleonymous
02-24-2014, 12:59 PM
So, it's about time that you're also introduced to the "maiming technique".

As you noticed, a low-STR character can only scratch a unit with high-ARM, and that with a high Deflection-chance! So, maiming, i.e. reducing enemy STR to low values (at least 2-3 points below the minimum-ARM of your units), but not killing them can make you own the field. How? The real reason in the turn-queuing used in the game, that allows smaller groups (i.e. 5-6 allies) to take more turns on average than larger groups (i.e. 9-10 enemies). Having this so-called turn-advantage with a few strong units against enemy units that are weakened ("maimed") is a 100% win strategy.

In the same vein, investing on high ARM and high-AB (Armor-Break) will always pay off because AB is an "attack" that is not dependent on your characters stats. A unit with a high AB is practically "unmaimable", cuz even if its STR is low (e.g. 5-6), it can quickly reduce enemy ARM below that value and start inflicting STR damage...

Hatilight
02-25-2014, 09:10 AM
It is entertaining :)

TheDoubleTap
02-25-2014, 12:29 PM
Wow, sounds confusing, but I've been struggling with those bigger battles, so I'll give it a shot!
Episode 10 is up now, also :)

Aleonymous
02-25-2014, 04:04 PM
Wow, sounds confusing, but I've been struggling with those bigger battles, so I'll give it a shot!
Episode 10 is up now, also :)

It's simple really:
(1) hit every enemies STR at least once, but kill nobody
(2) only when all enemies are "maimed" is it time to start killing them off! :)

That Gunnulf perma-death with the cart/wagon event was really nasty for all of us! :D

TheDoubleTap
02-26-2014, 08:24 PM
Oh, I getcha now, I'll try it in my next fight for sure :)
Man, I really wish I hadnt gone for the cart... I thought it would be one of those events in a multiple choice, where you think something terrible will happen, but they reward you for having the balls to try anyway... But alas, Gunnulf is no more...
Anywho, Episode 11 for you lovely ladies and gentlechaps!

Aleonymous
02-27-2014, 02:37 AM
Hahaha :) I really like the episode titles you give! :D

That second fight in ep. #11 was a hard one, but you pulled through thanks to... Fasolt's huge ARM! ;)

Some more tips for the battles:
(1) You can hit TAB so that all units' stat-banners are displayed and you can check at-a-glance who's in bigger trouble.
(2) Clicking on units (enemy or ally) displays their movement ranges. Some times, it might be useful to move (before attacking) to a tile where the following enemy units cannot reach you. For example, in this moment of your video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YRayHtcVgFo#t=741), Fasolt could have moved one tile up (and then attack) where the 2nd Dredge Scourge would have been unable to reach him.

TheDoubleTap
02-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Hahaha :) I really like the episode titles you give! :D

That second fight in ep. #11 was a hard one, but you pulled through thanks to... Fasolt's huge ARM! ;)

Some more tips for the battles:
(1) You can hit TAB so that all units' stat-banners are displayed and you can check at-a-glance who's in bigger trouble.
(2) Clicking on units (enemy or ally) displays their movement ranges. Some times, it might be useful to move (before attacking) to a tile where the following enemy units cannot reach you. For example, in this moment of your video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YRayHtcVgFo#t=741), Fasolt could have moved one tile up (and then attack) where the 2nd Dredge Scourge would have been unable to reach him.

I see!
I recorded another 2 hours last night (GOOD LORD THIS GAME GOT BRUTAL FAST) the first time I tried out the maiming technique, it didnt go too well and cost me dearly (you'll see more of that later) and I'm really enjoying the Mender class, one question though, I cannot (as you may have seen) seem to figure out for the life of me how to upgrade my Skill (the little purple lightning bolt, incase it isnt obvious what I mean by that). I click on it in the promote window and it just brings up a another menu... What do?

Aleonymous
02-28-2014, 12:39 PM
I see!
I recorded another 2 hours last night (GOOD LORD THIS GAME GOT BRUTAL FAST) the first time I tried out the maiming technique, it didnt go too well and cost me dearly (you'll see more of that later) and I'm really enjoying the Mender class, one question though, I cannot (as you may have seen) seem to figure out for the life of me how to upgrade my Skill (the little purple lightning bolt, incase it isnt obvious what I mean by that). I click on it in the promote window and it just brings up a another menu... What do?

Maiming technique is principally this: Do STR-attack on 1st-up-to-act-enemy (to reduce incoming damage). When that is not possible (typically at the start of the match), then do ARM-attack on the 2nd-up-to-act-enemy, so that your next ally-to-act will maim him. Of course, enemies complete off-range should be ignored. If that was not clear, follow netnazgul's simple advice: (1) Maim next-in-turn enemies, (2) Kill enemies who just acted.

For the Mender, be sure to distribute the "free" 8 points he comes with (he comes at rank-5, maxed out, not rank-1!). I suggest maxing out Willpower, then spending the rest on ARM & STR. Don't fry your allies! Lightning arcs to units that share a corner with previous target. That works the same for 2x2 and 1x1 units.

To promote a unit's Rank, you just go to the "Heroes" tent/building, click on a unit, click on the red "Promote!" banner (if it got enough kills), click "Accept" to spend the renown, distribute the two points in the stats you like and finally click "Confirm".

Rank 2 and 3 abilities are available for Rank-3 and Rank-5 units, respectively. To use higher-rank abilities, when you activate the ability with the purple UI button, you should see 2 or 3 "stars" atop the icon (or the target-unit or -tile). Some abilities need specific conditions (e.g. Warhawk's rank-3 Tempest needs four targets) while others do not (e.g. Mender's rank-3 Arc only requires that you have 3 Willpower).

TheDoubleTap
02-28-2014, 01:17 PM
Oh, I was totally doing Maiming wrong, lol, I'll get it right next time! ahaha.
I did forget to distribute the mender's points, oops. I'll do that ASAP.
I had noticed extra stars atop some skills, I guess that's what that is, lol.

Well I shall definitely go into my next recording session better equipped.

Aleonymous
02-28-2014, 04:04 PM
Say, TDT, do you also live-stream? :confused:

TheDoubleTap
03-01-2014, 12:55 PM
I HAVE thought about it, and the way my channel is going I could definitely use the extra push Live-Streaming gives YouTubers... But I have some concerns over my Internet's capacity to handle it. It's something I'd love to be able to start to do, however.

Episode 12 is now up, and 13 is coming later today!!

TheDoubleTap
03-01-2014, 03:55 PM
As promised, episode 13 is now up! :)

Aleonymous
03-02-2014, 06:13 AM
Heh... I watched #13 and felt kinda guilty about over simplifying things :o First off, I never said it is a fail-safe tactic, even though it pays off greatly when executed correctly.

Now, some specific points done wrong in that battle (that was quite hard, actually, so much more with some of your key units injured):

Your units were wrongly deployed, too dispersed on the board. You should have deployed them all in one of the blue 4x4 tile-squares, they could fit. And, yes, you can move units from the upper 4x4 block to the lower one!
Now, the fundamental "formula" of (1) breaking ARM (2) attacking STR still counts! So, you should basically break first and then maim, as you always did. What you did wrong is that you tried to attack STR without breaking thus doing very small damage. Exception being the case of that archer who could be insta-maimed due to her low ARM.
Looking at it another way: The total "health" of a unit is HP=STR+ARM, meaning that you typically have to overcome both in order to kill a unit. So, in each attack you should choose between the biggest damage, for e.g. always choose 3ARM over 1STR.
Now, maiming that archer with Rook would have been an excellent move, if Rook wasn't exposed to attacks from both the green Thrashers! That was basically a positioning mistake.
Back to maiming, the point is to leave units alive, but at low STR (e.g. 1 or 2). In this sense, that maimed archer could have been left alive. But, she had a lot of Willpower and 2Exertion, i.e. she could do 3 Break damage for at least another three turns. So, taking her off wasn't so bad.
Distancing your red-thrasher from the rest of your units, and not supporting him, was another big mistake.
I think you did pretty well in the end, and I was surprised that in ended with Alette vs. (only) a full-health green Thrasher!

Your biggest mistake in that battle was that you outdistanced your units, exposing them to danger, only to do very small damage (exception the maiming of the archer).

TheDoubleTap
03-02-2014, 01:16 PM
I think I failed so miserably because I didnt understand the maiming technique, I usually do alright and some of the battles following that one went much better, I understand maiming now and I think I inadvertently did it one turn in a fight without noticing. But now that I get it, I'll do it more often.

TheDoubleTap
03-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Episode 14 is now available up in the top post! :)

Aleonymous
03-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Heh :) Supplies management... Hunger and starvation... Wait till you get to chapter 6! But, don't be too discouraged. This basically affects your Morale (i.e. you go to battles with less Willpower on each of your units), there is no other penalty, really ;)

TheDoubleTap
03-03-2014, 10:31 PM
I'm managing it well despite the severe lack of supplies. I met up with Hakons group and havent relly moved on from there yet but hopefully will get more supplies, lol.

TheDoubleTap
03-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Episode 15, terrorizing a village near you!

Aleonymous
03-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Episode 15, terrorizing a village near you!

Four things

(1) You're up for a hard Dredge War in Episode 16, it seems :)
(2) You know how to use the Horn (top of the screen), right? It restores Willpower to the active character, and is fueled by killing enemy units.
(3) Egil (the blonde boy raidmaster) is the easiest unit to save from being killed. Just walk him away and then StoneWall (his active ability), provided that his Armor is sufficiently high, of course.
(4) Please post a simple link to the YouTube video when announcing a new episode. It needs clicks to get back to previous thread-page to get to the first post! :)

TheDoubleTap
03-05-2014, 07:06 PM
A hard dredge war is definitely what happens, no spoilers as to how that goes down though. Instead you can watch it and find out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxwTzt1gw54

Also, yeah I've been using the horn at the top a lot lately. I never used Stonewall, but there's a first time for everything :P
And as you can see I've posted a link here for you too :)

Aleonymous
03-06-2014, 02:25 AM
Hey you did well in this fight. And, thanks for the direct link; much easier! :)

Some stuff:
(1) When your Provoker (Fasolt, the red guy) couldn't use Willpower, that was because of a Dredge-Slinger special ability: they zero your unit's exertion for his next turn.
(2) Be sure to check the stat-banners (ARM & STR) of enemy unit by mouse-over them (or hit TAB button on you keyboard). That will save you frustration of "How did that guy one-shoot me?" :D
(3) I never told you (or I didn't mean to tell you :o) to "Hit each guy at least once"! What I meant was that you should cripple their strength (e.g. reduce it to half or a third) but not kill them. You should always attack their ARM ("shields") first, exceptions being your high-STR units (Iver) or weak-ARM enemies (like Slingers). So, simplest rule is: "Hit ARM or STR, whichever is bigger".

TheDoubleTap
03-07-2014, 07:38 AM
Another direct link for episode 17! http://youtu.be/UZB4fKw12lw

I didnt know about that dredge ability, I'll keep my eye out for it in future!
I think half of the time I KNOW why I got One-hit KO'd, but it doesnt stop the shock and awe of it all :P
And yeah, that episode and the next 3 or so, were all recorded before we came to an understanding about the maiming technique :P So just ignore my ramblings on the subject for a while ahahah

Aleonymous
03-07-2014, 08:00 AM
No battle in that latest episode, but the tension is building up for the next one. Stonesinger!

And yeah, that episode and the next 3 or so, were all recorded before we came to an understanding about the maiming technique :P So just ignore my ramblings on the subject for a while ahahah

Oh, OK then. But, it's always nice to see your frustration on the matter! :o

By the way, how did you put that Strand background in the video that shows your face? Is there some fancy program that does this by "post-processing" the camera-captured video (e.g. "extracts" the fixed-background, i.e. your room-wall, and replaces it with the requested image etc)?

TheDoubleTap
03-07-2014, 08:47 AM
I bought a big green bit of cloth, which looks frankly awful on my wall but it allows me to put random backgrounds in my cam-box. I could use it to get rid of the background completely, thus making me a floating head, but I quite enjoy the idea of green-screening (Chroma-keying) stuff behind me, so I'm selfishly doing that :P
As to how I do it, I have a set-up Sony Vegas project, with video tracks and audio tracks set up as necessary. I just drag and drop my cam recording, my game recording and a fancy background for my facecam into the appropriate layers and it applies my meticulously set-up filters and effects in order to remove the ghastly green cloth and replace it with something better looking :P

Aleonymous
03-07-2014, 10:53 AM
I bought a big green bit of cloth, which looks frankly awful on my wall but it allows me to put random backgrounds in my cam-box. I could use it to get rid of the background completely, thus making me a floating head, but I quite enjoy the idea of green-screening (Chroma-keying) stuff behind me, so I'm selfishly doing that :P
As to how I do it, I have a set-up Sony Vegas project, with video tracks and audio tracks set up as necessary. I just drag and drop my cam recording, my game recording and a fancy background for my facecam into the appropriate layers and it applies my meticulously set-up filters and effects in order to remove the ghastly green cloth and replace it with something better looking :P

Awesome :) That's what I figured too. Perhaps this info can be useful to someone attempting the same... "vanity endeavors" as you ;)

TheDoubleTap
03-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Indeed, good sir, indeed.

TheDoubleTap
03-09-2014, 01:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bI2HOJgfTI Episode 18!!

Aleonymous
03-09-2014, 03:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bI2HOJgfTI Episode 18!!

Hehe, a tough fight indeed :D You learned your lesson for Turn-Advantage it seems, when it was just the Stonesinger (that Dredge wizard) and his 20+ STR bodyguard (Dredge Destroyer)! So, when its 2-vs-6, and those 2 are super-strong, you got big trouble. Why? Because they play three times (3=6/2) where your units just play once: Check your video here (7min55sec) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6bI2HOJgfTI#t=476) and count how many times does the Singer's and the Destroyer's portrait appear in the turn-queue, and how many times do your unit portraits appear... That's called Turn-Advantage and can easily lose you the match!

You're gonna meet Stonesingers again, so better check out their abilities here -- http://bannersaga.gamepedia.com/Dredge_Stonesinger

TheDoubleTap
03-09-2014, 09:38 PM
ah, disease strike. What a pain that was. :P

TheDoubleTap
03-10-2014, 05:02 PM
http://youtu.be/fCSjOKtea-M E-E-Episode 19!!

Aleonymous
03-10-2014, 05:33 PM
http://youtu.be/fCSjOKtea-M E-E-Episode 19!!

Wow, I loved how you did the Serpent's voice :eek: That must have been what caused your fatigue and hunger ;) (btw, I subscribed too!)

TheDoubleTap
03-10-2014, 06:47 PM
Ahaha, thanks for your comment, it all helps :) I actually lost the voice by the end, it was good at first, but my throat started hurting and I couldnt breathe from forcing breaths out for it ahahaha

TheDoubleTap
03-16-2014, 07:43 AM
Episode 20! hope you enjoy! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7Fn7kprBsg

Aleonymous
03-16-2014, 08:20 AM
Heh, I thought you stopped the mini-series as soon as I subscribed :) Welcome back.

Nice Mark-Prey over there, gang-banged that poor Stoneguard. And that quad Lightning-Arc chain :D

Some notes:
(1) Your Eyvind has 8 points for you to allocate!
(2) You should invest more on Armor Break, on your next promotions. Especially on Alette and Egil.
(3) You haven't chosen a Heraldic Crest/Banner... How so? You can do that anytime, it isn't bound to any save-games nor play-throughs.

TheDoubleTap
03-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Ah, yeah I assign those in the next episode or so (speaking of which, here's the link for the next one [its uploading] http://youtu.be/M-_9ji__jiU ) Also... I just set my Heraldry, found one that's perfect for me!

Aleonymous
03-16-2014, 05:28 PM
Oh, that bridge battle against the Varl is quite difficult! :) That battle is better fought with archers, breaking+puncturing. So, you pick a corner, stay still, use your raiders (and/or maimed enemies) as meatshields, and keep firing at them from distance... If a full ARM/STR Varl come near you, its most like game over ;)

PS -- You (maybe) learned the first thing that everybody that has played Factions learns the hard way: You never ever Bloody-Flail at a Shieldbanger (or Provoker, or Strongarm)... You get -1ARM for each strike you deal, due to their passive skill, "Return the Favor"! ;)

TheDoubleTap
03-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Ah, THAT I will take extra note of :P I did not know that. Silly me.

Aleonymous
03-17-2014, 05:05 AM
Ah, THAT I will take extra note of :P I did not know that. Silly me.

Actually, it's the only battle where you might fight Shieldbangers (except for dummy-matches in the training tent), so you are justified ;) Also, I stumbled upon that battle on my 3rd play-through! My option on the 1st play-through was to flee Einartoft ASAP and on my 1nd play-through to fight for the bridge to the... end :)

Arnie
03-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Very entertaining. I love the cuts and the quick reading with the great accent. Thanks a ton for posting these!

TheDoubleTap
03-18-2014, 11:41 PM
Ah well that's okay then :P

Also, thanks Arnie :) It's always nice to hear I've picked up a new fan!

Okay, so here is episode 22! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipaeaIb022g
There's going to be another short hiatus in these episodes again, I need to do some more recording and my Dad's just gone into hospital (he's fine but I need to be with him) so I can't find the time just yet (that's why todays - or yesterday's uploads were far too late)
I'll get them recorded as soon as I can.

Aleonymous
03-19-2014, 02:47 AM
Hey, thanks for the video and best wishes for your father :)

btw -- You had all those spare points on Nid (the blue-yellow archer), while she was just rank-1, eh? You must be playing the pre-patch version, or having started your game before the patch came out...

TheDoubleTap
03-19-2014, 03:34 AM
I've been having a lot of trouble with Steam lately (it keeps saying 'wrapper not implemented' when I try to open it and the steam support haven't been any help) so I have to start all my games from their executables and can't get any of my games to update or patch or anything...

Aleonymous
03-19-2014, 07:11 AM
I've been having a lot of trouble with Steam lately (it keeps saying 'wrapper not implemented' when I try to open it and the steam support haven't been any help) so I have to start all my games from their executables and can't get any of my games to update or patch or anything...

Hmmm, good luck with that one. I haven't come upon it, but if its bugging you for months, it must be serious! I'd hate being unable to connect to Steam, because of the online/PvP game, Factions :) Here is the first patch (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?2962-The-Banner-Saga-Patch-1-Release-Notes-2-1-65) notes.

TheDoubleTap
03-19-2014, 07:19 AM
Well I keep reinstalling Steam hoping a new update will fix it but so far, nothing.

TheDoubleTap
03-23-2014, 04:26 PM
It's that time again! Episode 23! This episode has a bonus blooper at the very end, so look out for it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvA9ncR-34Y

Aleonymous
03-23-2014, 06:59 PM
Welcome back, TDT. I hope everything's better with your familly.

Nice mead-house fight there, with a near-flawless victory. You seem to have gotten the hang of the archers' passive ability, Puncture, eh? :) By the way, Krumr took 1STR damage (at 12min40sec) because he was standing on the tile trapped by Oddleif. The "Rain of Arrows", if not triggered by an enemy, falls on the start of the Skystriker's next turn (or upon her demise).

PS -- :D I actually sat through and listened through the dozen or so times you tried to correctly say "...completely oblivious to the destruction..."

TheDoubleTap
03-24-2014, 02:39 AM
I did not know that, although, SPOILERS -- I finished the game :P I've been editing the videos for ages now, it took me forever to do the last fight and I cocked up so many times I ended up having to change the difficulty just to get the end of the storyline. I also make the worst decision I've ever made throughout the game IMO, so you can look forward to that :P

Aleonymous
03-24-2014, 04:05 AM
I did not know that, although, SPOILERS -- I finished the game :P I've been editing the videos for ages now, it took me forever to do the last fight and I cocked up so many times I ended up having to change the difficulty just to get the end of the storyline. I also make the worst decision I've ever made throughout the game IMO, so you can look forward to that :P

Good, good; keep 'em coming! I guess you should have about 4-5 more episodes, right? I hope the frustration from the final battle didn't withhold your emotions for the last scene :p By the way, here's a video/tutorial I made about the 1st part of the final-battle. It's on Normal, using high-rank characters but no items.

TheDoubleTap
03-26-2014, 02:32 AM
Okay, im away from home and on the worlds slowest tablet so ill have to check it out later, but here are episode 24: http://youtu.be/VlL1sI17PyU
And 25: http://youtu.be/eBOUlKA2wtg

Aleonymous
03-26-2014, 03:00 AM
24: http://youtu.be/VlL1sI17PyU
25: http://youtu.be/eBOUlKA2wtg

Wow, #24 had a hard battle there! I almost thought you wouldn't make it after Rook got that maiming blow on enemy first turn... When I see so many Dredge, I usually lurk in the back --safe away from everyone-- until I see the enemy turn-initiative. On the contrary, the #25 battle of Odd+Rook vs. a bunch of Backbiters and Thrashers proved much easier (Turn-Advantage 2-vs-8, and Stat-Advantage they had like 15 Hit-Points).

Now you're in for a good one... Been avoiding the gates you sneaky! :D

TheDoubleTap
03-26-2014, 03:36 PM
Yeah the next fight holds some lessons of it's own, but it's episode 27 you want to look out for. Prepare for a lot of rage and sad face.

TheDoubleTap
03-27-2014, 10:51 AM
Hey, I just came on to check out the video you mentioned but there is no link :P

Aleonymous
03-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Hey, I just came on to check out the video you mentioned but there is no link :P

What video? What link? Who? Me? When? :confused:

TheDoubleTap
03-28-2014, 12:50 PM
By the way, here's a video/tutorial I made about the 1st part of the final-battle. It's on Normal, using high-rank characters but no items.

That video? Idk you've confused me now ahahah

Aleonymous
03-28-2014, 12:55 PM
That video? Idk you've confused me now ahahah

Oops, sorry! My fault; I forgot to link the video :o Here it is -- http://www.twitch.tv/aleonymous/b/499676199

You can see recent recordings (no voice-over though) in the channel's PastBroadcasts, here -- http://www.twitch.tv/aleonymous/profile/pastBroadcasts . Most are Factions (PvP) match recordings, but I recently took the habit of broadcasting some Saga fights too!

TheDoubleTap
03-30-2014, 09:58 AM
Awesome, I'll check it!
You may have seen this, but I just moved house, so didnt get chance to post about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC2OgAB1A7o
Episode 26!

Aleonymous
03-30-2014, 12:14 PM
You may have seen this, but I just moved house, so didnt get chance to post about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC2OgAB1A7o Episode 26!

So, you gotta setup the video-gear at the new house too? Ouch...

We're in for one last episode, it seems, with the last battle. I hope its your first recording of the endgame, cuz I'm expecting to see original reactions to the final events! :D You let Alette carry the arrow, you bad parent? :mad:

TheDoubleTap
03-30-2014, 01:13 PM
Ahaha Yeah I've got it all set up now though, this terrible internet is causing me some issues though, the ETA on my next upload? 1081 Minutes. How on earth am I supposed to do daily uploads like this?! Ahahah

Yes it is my first playthrough of the final fight :)
Aye, I let Alette carry the arrow, I'm not just a bad parent I'm a stupid stupid stupid terrible stupid person. Poor Alette. She made some good points I thought it was the right thing to do lol.

TheDoubleTap
03-31-2014, 08:18 AM
HERE: the link for the finale video http://youtu.be/NDMggCVAj98
YouTube tells me currently that it will be uploaded in 351 minutes (5.85 hours. I bloody hate this new internet. Working on a workaround for this.) I do hope you enjoy it however.
Thank you to everyone who followed the series, especially the series' biggest fan Aleonymous! I've never had such good feedback from a fan so that deserves some applause.
Also, for bonus content, future updates and more opportunity to get in touch with me PLEASE like and share my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thedoubletap-of-Youtube/232890650247284?ref=hl It's a great medium for sharing my hard work and with help it will be just that.
Thanks again everyone! (Including the Devs who have been a huge support and have even helped me out by sharing video links on Twitter and such)

Aleonymous
03-31-2014, 04:24 PM
HERE: the link for the finale video http://youtu.be/NDMggCVAj98
YouTube tells me currently that it will be uploaded in 351 minutes (5.85 hours. I bloody hate this new internet. Working on a workaround for this.) I do hope you enjoy it however.
Thank you to everyone who followed the series, especially the series' biggest fan Aleonymous! I've never had such good feedback from a fan so that deserves some applause.
Also, for bonus content, future updates and more opportunity to get in touch with me PLEASE like and share my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thedoubletap-of-Youtube/232890650247284?ref=hl It's a great medium for sharing my hard work and with help it will be just that.
Thanks again everyone! (Including the Devs who have been a huge support and have even helped me out by sharing video links on Twitter and such)

Thank you, TDT, for sticking with us, for the video series, the ridiculous voice and the incredible fun :)

Fitting for the video to upload in 351 minutes... because... it seems like it took you an equivalent amount of time to win the last battle! (sorry for being mean :rolleyes:)
You really regretted choosing Alette for the arrow, eh? I chose Rook instinctively. Man, it seemed like you were in a real funeral at the endgame sequence! :(
Sorry if I confused you back there with all those complicated tips about "maiming techniques" etc :o Seems like they didnt help so much in the end.

I'll keep checking your videos (you got a couple of games I myself wanna get into), but most likely we'll hear from you when Saga#2 comes round.

Take care,

--Aleonymous

stoicmom
03-31-2014, 05:47 PM
Thank you TDT! I know how I felt when Allette died. I cried again watching your reaction to the closing of SAGA 1. Look forward to seeing you again here. I subscribed . . .

YaK
03-31-2014, 09:11 PM
I think 95% of us let Allette shot the arrow and regret that. How Sad. Rook just look like his own heart is teread apart.
But i also notice that not only me start wishing a funeral like that when it's time (and i hope it's not yet :D i wish to play the other parts of Saga before :D)