PDA

View Full Version : So, what's everybody reading these days?

Javaman
05-01-2012, 02:21 AM
What caught my eye about the Banner Saga was as much the unique premise and emphasis on the RPG aspect as the animation; I love to read and I'm a huge fan of the fantasy genre. I expect a lot of other backers are of the same mind: so I thought I'd pick your brains for good books and series!

Lately I've been reading mostly Urban fantasy and Sci-fi;I got into Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid series and Larry Correia's Grim Noir last year and I heartily reccomend both! The Iron Druid's a "straight" urban fantasy, with mages and vampires and whatnot set in contemporary Tempe, and I can attest to the veracity of the setting. The main character's bookstore is actually placed the storefront of my local comic shop!

Grim Noir's more Steampunky, set just after the first world war, in a universe with open superpowers, and changes to the history due to such. Very pulpy, if you're into that style.

As for science Fiction, I just recenly finished Leviathan Wakes by James S. Corey, a space opera set within our solar system, after we've expanded to utilize it but before any expolsion out into the larger universe. Somewhat similar to C.J Cherryh's Alliance-Union Universe; it's good Stuff.

Anyway, I could go on an on about what I've been reading, but the point of this thread is to have everybody share what they've been getting into so that we (read: me) will have good suggestions for new books ad series to pick up.

Suzie Q Sailaway
05-01-2012, 03:25 AM
I go through phases, usually author-themed...

I've been on a bit of a Margaret Atwood kick lately and have reread a few of her books as a result (The Blind Assassin, Oryx and Crake, Alias Grace). Prior to that I was on a Terry Pratchett spree (yay, Discworld :D)-- before that, Angus Wells (Godwars)-- before that I was yo-yoing between Frank Herbert (Dosadi Experiment) and Orson Scott Card (Ender series). I believe it was C.S. Friedman before that (Coldfire Trilogy). Actually, it might've been Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (I love Sherlock Holmes... almost to a fault.)

It's past 2 am at the moment- apologies if none of what I've written makes sense! Excellent idea for a thread though. :) I'll definitely look into the pieces you've mentioned.

Evil Laughter
05-01-2012, 03:42 AM
Latest book is Dragon's Teeth by Suzanne van Rooyen, before that a reread of Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Sherlock Homes. Probably next is to see what the fuss about the Hunger Games is about.

Cathmore
05-01-2012, 03:46 AM
Currently reading John Dies at the End by David Wong and it is hilarious! Before that I read the Prince of Nothing series by R. Scott Bakker, a very good series that is rather hard to get into, but is worth it. I'd highly recommend it to anyone interested in a very gritty and realistic fantasy series based on the crusades.

stelly
05-01-2012, 04:48 AM
I have jumped on the A Song of Fire and Ice band wagon and I'm reading them at the moment...

Stelly

gotthammer
05-01-2012, 05:09 AM
Currently reading (which depends on mood or whatever):
- At All Costs (Honor Harrington novel by David Weber)
- Sharpe's Triumph by Bernard Cornwell
- Salvation's Reach (WH40k/Gaunt's Ghosts novel by Dan Abnett)
- occasionally skimming through A Feast for Crows by GRRM (interest in the series kinda waned...more keen on the TV series, esp. since they seem to be changing some stuff here and there, like the name of my favourite character, Asha Greyjoy)

...and big 'to read' pile (some of which I've partially read, like Lost Victories by Manstein, or Iron Kingdom by Clark)

ltwicked
05-01-2012, 06:22 AM
Im also on the A Song of Ice and Fire band wagon, im reading Dance of Dragons.
Pillars of the Earth and World Without End by Ken Follett are two personal favorites

McFly
05-01-2012, 07:12 AM
I just finished reading part 1 of "Rx: A Tale of Electronegativity", it was good but quite short. Still at 2 bucks its a steel.

croxeye
05-01-2012, 07:21 AM
Currently I'm reading both of Jim Butchers series (Dresden Files and Codex Alera) as well as Stephen Kings Dark Tower series and his colab work with peter Straub in 'The Talisman' and 'Black House' (1/2 PRICE BOOKS FTW!)

Troll
05-01-2012, 07:25 AM
Have loads of mangas on the computer to finis so I haven't read a real paper book in a while, but I have to finish the 2nd Mass Effect book, Ascencion
I was also advised to read A Song of Ice and Fire by a friend but I still have a few Lovecraft to explore.
It'll never end.

Kaffo
05-01-2012, 07:27 AM
Love asoiaf. Read it before it was cool *puts on hipster glasses* you PREPS.

But seriously, a shout out to Joe Abercrombie's First Law series, all his stuff really. Some of the darkest,most down to earth fantasy I've ever read, quite sardonically funny too. Well worth a read guys.

CottonWolf
05-01-2012, 07:46 AM
I've just finished the first book of A Dance with Dragons (the paperback was released in two parts in the UK), and I'm moving on to re-read Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami.

Murakami is a genius. If you haven't already, I strongly recommend reading Kafka on the Shore. It's wonderfully surreal. Though I always wonder if the translations read in any way the same as the way he originally wrote it in Japanese...

Neveryield
05-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Cathmore, nice call on John Dies at the End! I'm a big fan, and am looking forward to the flick.

I am actually out of fresh books, so i'm re-reading some old favorites. Just ran through A Dance with Dragons again, and in honor of The Banner Saga i revisited some of my old Viking-esque favorites, like The Long Ships by Frans Bengtsson. The Ice-Shirt by William Vollman, and Eater of the Dead by Michael Chrichton. Also fiddled with some classic Robert E. Howard collections and i've been flipping through a few comics (Judge Dredd, Mouse Guard, Chew).

Ratatoskr
05-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Haven't been reading much lately because of school, which is really sad.
But my most recent books were:
-the new one of the Temeraire series, Naoim Novik's Napolean era alternate history with dragons which is pretty awesome
-Scott Lynch's Gentlemen Bastards series which is sadly not finished, but is a semi-fantasy where the good guys don't always win and lots of people die, kinda like A Song of Ice and Fire in that respect.
Now that it's almost summer I'm going to have to check out some of the books you guys listed though, cause most sound interesting.

Sean
05-01-2012, 09:45 AM
I just finished reading Neal Stephenson's Reamde (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reamde), which is of course, a play on the filename "readme". Great book; it's a little bit like Snow Crash mixed with Cryptonomicon. The novel involves a multiplayer online game, a computer virus, Russian thugs and a Welsh terrorist... which sounds a little crazy but actually an excellent book.

stelly
05-01-2012, 09:52 AM
lol a welsh terrorist... exploding sheep by any chance? :D

Stelly

kad136
05-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Habibi by Craig Thompson
The Unwritten by Mike Carey, art by Peter Gross
Locke and Key by Joe Hill, art by Gabriel Rodriguez

Skitnik
05-01-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm discovering Thomas Bernhard with two novellas : The Cheap-Eaters and Wittgenstein's nephew.

kincajou
05-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Recently finished reading Oryx and Crake, probably one of the best written books i've encountered yet!

Bob
05-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey

Tertius
05-01-2012, 11:00 AM
I've been working on my qualifying thesis so all of my recent reading has been of journal articles and book with titles like "Zweihundert Jahre Homer-Forschung". Last summer, however, after playing through both The Witcher and The Witcher 2, I read Andrzej Sapkowski's "The Last Wish", a collection of short stories set in the Norther Kingdoms. Highly recommended to anyone who enjoyed the storytelling of the Witcher games.

gotthammer
05-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Last summer, however, after playing through both The Witcher and The Witcher 2, I read Andrzej Sapkowski's "The Last Wish", a collection of short stories set in the Norther Kingdoms. Highly recommended to anyone who enjoyed the storytelling of the Witcher games.

Yup. "The Last Wish" was a fun read. "The Blood of Elves", on the other hand, was slower-paced, but still quite good. I'm waiting for the next book and hopefully it'll be good, too. :)

lozbuzz
05-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Been re-reading the songs of fire and ice series now ive finally got the newest book! and my guilty pleasures are the terry pratchett discworld books!

Wyatt
05-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Right now? Gee...
- Near the end of Bogost's Racing the Beam
- Jumping around in Alexandrescu's The D Programming Language
- About a third of the way through Petzold's Code
- Still early on in Challenges for Game Designers (got caught up in feature creeping one of the exercises)
- Eliezer Yudkowsky writes Harry Potter fanfiction. I still think that's hilarious, but HPMoR (http://hpmor.com) is pretty good.
- A lot of doujinshi (soft-translated in many cases); my kanji recognition is slowly improving.
- May be getting back to Love's Linux Kernel Development in a couple months.

And last but not least, Twitter dumps a never-ending stream of good text my way and IRC is text by definition. I think it's easy to forget sometimes, but every thousand words we read is four pages of your average novel. Words on a screen don't lose their essential nature! :)

kolo83
05-01-2012, 05:48 PM
On GRRM site (http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html) is a sample from The Winds of Winter (hope we wont have to wait another 5 years...).
And now i try to read Snuff (i try to be confined to books [only] about/with Sam Vimes :) ).

TheMidgardKnight
05-01-2012, 05:56 PM
I highly recommend Gladstone's School for World Conquerors to everyone here. It's fresh, innovative, and features great story-telling. Check it out.

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Gladstones-School-For-World-Conquerors/dp/1607061155

http://www.fourcolorcriticism.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/gladstones3_cover.jpg

opifex
05-01-2012, 06:10 PM
I just reread A Companion to Wolves for the umpteenth time. It's got a great Viking setting and is one of the few animal companion fantasies that I don't find to be incredibly twee. Fair warning though, it also has a lot of graphically described gay sex (it's more or less relevant to the plot mind you, not just strictly gratuitous).

Other recent reads include Catching Fire because I am late to get on the Hunger Games boat, Timeless the last Parasol Protectorate book, and Created, the Destroyer because Remo Williams, the Adventure Begins is one of my favorite movies and I figured I should try and read some of the books it's based on.

GorillaGrod
05-01-2012, 06:44 PM
I have also jumped on the song and fire and ice series, which is great. I just got another book from my brother in law called Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, so hopefully that will be good. And I read some mangas in between all of the books I read.

Dark Jedi Dave
05-01-2012, 07:32 PM
With the Shadowrun revival, I've been reading the Shadowrun: 20th Anniversary Core Rulebook and trying to get a group to play. Also, bought a new homebrewing book (beer) simply called How To Brew, its the best one I've read yet =)

molamolacolacake
05-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Haven't been reading much lately because of school, which is really sad.
But my most recent books were:
-the new one of the Temeraire series, Naoim Novik's Napolean era alternate history with dragons which is pretty awesome

Oh man, I love the Temeraire series! I'd been waiting impatiently for the next installation and just now realized it was out and I missed the release. Thanks for the inadvertent reminder!

I'm currently between novels right now, but I most recently read "The Highwayman" by R.A. Salvatore and it was brilliant. I'll be starting the next in the series soon, but unfortunately I read so much at work I tend not to do it once I get home, alas.

Kaffis
05-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Right now? Just dove into Brandon Sanderson's "Way of Kings." Before that, I was doing a reread of some classic cyberpunk, notably the "Mirrorshades" anthology and Gibson's Sprawl Trilogy. Unfortunately, somebody handling Gibson's stuff is being dense, and neither "Virtual Light" nor "Mona Lisa Overdrive" are on Nook yet (despite the first two books in each of those trilogies being on Nook), so I've shelved my cyberpunk revisitation until such time as I'll be able to carry around my paperbacks conveniently.

Other recent reads have included The Dresden Files' most recent entry, "Ghost Story," and some Harlan Ellison short stories.

Sean, thanks for mentioning "Reamde;" I hadn't realized that was out. I'm pondering whether or not to throw a re-read of "Interface" in 'celebration' of the US's upcoming election season...

Ratatoskr
05-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Oh man, I love the Temeraire series! I'd been waiting impatiently for the next installation and just now realized it was out and I missed the release. Thanks for the inadvertent reminder!

I'm currently between novels right now, but I most recently read "The Highwayman" by R.A. Salvatore and it was brilliant. I'll be starting the next in the series soon, but unfortunately I read so much at work I tend not to do it once I get home, alas.

You're welcome for the accidental reminder. I forgot it was out too and only read it cause I saw it at the library so you're not alone. And it sounds like we have similar tastes so maybe I'll have to check out The Highwayman when I get some time. I love the fact that this thread is like one giant recommendations list.

ScottMBruner
05-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Twisty Little Passages by Nick Montfort

It's a history of text adventures - from Adventure through Infocom and beyond. It's a bit academic but fascinating. It gives you an entirely new appreciation for some of the old text games I loved.

Hughes_dePayens
05-02-2012, 06:23 AM
Still making my way through A Song of Ice and Fire.

lamaz
05-02-2012, 07:39 AM
The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie. Just started so don't really know that much of the book yet.

mcloud357
05-02-2012, 07:43 AM
John Dies at the end same here, I had to put down under the dome and catch 22 to finish it because I am borrowing it from a friend.

Flickerdart
05-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Just finished Wise Man's Fear, and before that A Dance with Dragons.

If I may recommend something none of you have probably heard of, check out the Strugatsky brothers. Cold war era Soviet sci-fi writers, some really splendid stuff. Roadside Picnic would be the book I'd recommend specifically.

Biowulf
05-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Something I just picked up not too long ago: The Scar, by Sergey and Marina Dyachenko. Originally in Russian, the english translation is very good.
One of my favorite series ever is the Death Gate Cycle, by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. It's a different take on a post-apocalyptic Earth.
Hmmm...what else...I'm getting into Lovecraft by picking up the Necronomicon. Because of school I haven't gotten as far as I want into it.
I also picked up Orson Scott Card's The Lost Gate. It was pretty good, but moved a little fast for my tastes.
And last, something to fit with the Viking theme: Brian Ruckley's The Godless World series. A very Norse/Viking/Danish culture. I like it a lot.

Ratatoskr
05-02-2012, 04:13 PM
One of my favorite series ever is the Death Gate Cycle, by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. It's a different take on a post-apocalyptic Earth.
Hmmm...what else...I'm getting into Lovecraft by picking up the Necronomicon. Because of school I haven't gotten as far as I want into it.
And last, something to fit with the Viking theme: Brian Ruckley's The Godless World series. A very Norse/Viking/Danish culture. I like it a lot.

Ooh, the Death Gate Cycle is awesome. Though the third book still really creeps me out. I need to reread that again when I find the time.

kincajou
05-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Since the banner saga IS viking themed after all, am i the only one tempted to grab hold of a version of the edda?

Morte
05-03-2012, 04:32 PM
I've recently finished Erich Maria Remarque's All Quiet on the Western Front. Simply outstanding. One of these books which everybody should have read.

John
05-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Just finished The Jennifer Morgue by Charles Stross.

Last week finished The Unbearable Lightness of Being. Amazing novel.

Now reading Resistance, Rebellion and Death by Albert Camus. Started this a while back, but it is a series of essays so it can be read in installments.

Kundera's exposition on Kitsch in the aforementioned is spectacular. There is a small but incisive bit about it on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsch#Relationship_to_totalitarianism

jojo
05-06-2012, 12:36 AM
I always find myself drawn to the works of Edgar Rice Burroughs, specifically his whole Barsoom series. I also love anything by Robert E. Howard, especially King Kull, Solomon Kane, and Conan. I'm a sucker for sword and sorcery.

kincajou
05-07-2012, 03:01 PM
As i haven't managed to get a copy of the edda that was satisfying i've resorted to moving down my priority list and grabbed hold of "love in the time of cholera"

kincajou
06-07-2012, 12:42 PM
finished the year of the flood and moving onto cider with rosie

lamaz
06-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Going to read some H.P. Lovecraft next. I've got a book that has a selection of his short stories like "The Dunwich Horror", "The Shadow over Innsmouth" and "The Whisperer in Darkness" among others.

Flickerdart
06-07-2012, 02:32 PM
I'm just about done Abercrombie's "First Law" trilogy. Not bad stuff.

Lukas The Dead
06-22-2012, 05:38 AM
Just got done rereading "The Lies of Locke Lamora" by Scott Lynch. It's a fantasy novel about a group of confidence artists who violate the "secret peace" between the nobles and criminal gangs of the city by stealing from the nobles while pretending to be "good" thieves who are following the rules. The story jumps around in its timeline to give you the backstory of the characters or groups when given details become relevant to the main plot.

Flickerdart
06-22-2012, 09:15 AM
I've read that book too, and quite enjoyed it. Make sure to check out the sequel.

Midnitte
06-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Almost done with The Hobbit, then on to The Portable Atheist (talk about ironic title). After that I'm thinking maybe Ender's Game (Perhaps in time before the movie?), THEN maybe by then Cold Days (Dresden Files) will be released. And maybe during all of this, my chemistry text book?

Repoman
06-23-2012, 05:52 AM
Reading me some House of Leaves by Mark Dienelewski. It is one INTENSE book. Also just finished reading Robopocalypse because Steven Spielberg wants to make it into a film. In all honesty, I have not read such a lame book in a while... But trust me. Everyone should read House of Leaves!

kincajou
06-24-2012, 09:06 AM
.... my chemistry text book?

i recently graduated in chemistry, trust me in the end all you need to know is that is comes all down to electron movement :P

Sinderfell
06-24-2012, 07:24 PM
I honestly haven't read a good full-on novel in a while. The last one at all was A Dance with Dragons, which was really kind of middling. The last couple years my thing has been more graphic novels. The Walking Dead comics have gotten amazing again after a slow arc or two, and I've really been sucked in by is Mark Waid's Irredeemable. It's a series that's pretty much based on "You know, we just kind of assume superheroes have the mental strength to deal with the pressure and responsibility, but what if they didn't?"

From the wikipedia page: "The series follows the fall of the world's greatest superhero, the Plutonian, as he begins slaughtering the population of Earth. His former allies, the superhero group The Paradigm, attempt to find a way to stop his rampage while dealing with their own problems of betrayal and hopelessness."

Lukas The Dead
06-25-2012, 03:52 AM
i recently graduated in chemistry, trust me in the end all you need to know is that is comes all down to electron movement :P

I'm uncertain about that.

kincajou
06-25-2012, 11:33 AM
all elemental properties arise from electrons, all organic reaction mechanisms are about electron movement and in the end it is pretty much all down to electron-electron interaction.

Granted i'm not a fan of either quantum mechanics or organic chemistry and "because electons are doing something" isn't usually considered an appropriare answer but chemistry is in essence the study of electronic interactions and their consequences at larger scales.

Midnitte
06-26-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm uncertain about that.

We're all a little uncertain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle) about things aren't we?

For anyone interested in life in Africa, I'd also recommend 'Dancing Skeletons', certainly sheds some light on problems we all face.

Mudfly
06-27-2012, 06:12 AM
Animal physiology by Schmidt-Nielsen.
It’s a really interesting book, not at all as heavy as I remember it from when I had to read it :)

kincajou
06-27-2012, 06:35 AM
For anyone interested in life in Africa, I'd also recommend 'Dancing Skeletons', certainly sheds some light on problems we all face.

that sounds like it could peak my interest, can you tell me a bit more about it?

Chaille
06-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Just starting 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami.

It takes me forever to finish a book. I just finished Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. I highly recommend it, but I bet everyone in here has read it already. Late to the party on that one.

Sean
06-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Just starting 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami.

It takes me forever to finish a book. I just finished Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. I highly recommend it, but I bet everyone in here has read it already. Late to the party on that one.

If you liked Snow Crash, definitely check out his latest book (Reamde (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reamde)). I also really enjoyed Cryptonomicon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptonomicon).

Midnitte
06-27-2012, 11:19 PM
that sounds like it could peak my interest, can you tell me a bit more about it?
Cultural Anthropologist goes on a visit to Africa (right below the Sahara), brings her young daughter. She does alot of interviewing (studying the causes/effects of malnourishment), its just as scientific as it is emotional. Highly recommended, was only like $2 on amazon too, was required reading for my food and culture class.

Flickerdart
06-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Just polished off Strata (a human and two aliens explore a quirky artificial world that goes contrary to common sense), Knights of Dark Renown (kingdom descends into darkness and chaos just as the world's most eminent knights vanish) and Warbreaker (living gods, princesses and wizards become involved in a conspiracy to incite war between their two nations). All quite enjoyable. In a coincidence, the latter two both have colour-based magic featuring prominently but take vastly different approaches with it.

Lukas The Dead
06-29-2012, 09:19 AM
We're all a little uncertain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle) about things aren't we?

;D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

John
06-29-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm currently reading On Human Nature by Edward O. Wilson:

http://www.amazon.com/Human-Nature-Edward-Wilson/dp/0674016386

Midnitte
08-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Finally finished The Hobbit, I'm now onto Genome: The autobiography of a species in 23 chapters by Matt Ridley. It's a little old (and starting to show its age), but its a great book detailing the history of genetics as well as insight (and 1 specific gene) for each of our chromosomes. Also picked up Organic Chemistry 1 for dummies... going to be an... eventful semester.

MordreadRN
08-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Just started re-reading the Drizzt series by R.A Salvatore, so far I'm up to Streams of Silver. Before that I read Mass Effect: Retribution by Drew Karpyshyn.

kincajou
08-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Finished love in the time of cholera...
Good but not amazing, one hundred years of solitude was definitley better.

And moved onto a page turner, The algebraist by iain M Banks.
Banks is a really good author of space operas and if anyone is a fan of sci-fi/political intigue/ entratainging yet mature stories i'd suggest his "player of games" or "excession" although the algebraist is also a very entrataining read :D

Tsuga C
08-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Re-reading The Dresden Files--noir detective work plus wizardry. I've read other in the genre such as Patricia Briggs and Lilith Saintcrow, but there's a measureable difference in their writing styles. Butcher is a lot less PC and his writing comes across as male. I think I made it through one or two chapters of Charlene Harris before putting her back on the shelf of the bookstore and never looking back. There's a sharp limit as to how much PC or estrogen I can tolerate.

Midnitte
10-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Re-reading The Dresden Files--noir detective work plus wizardry. I've read other in the genre such as Patricia Briggs and Lilith Saintcrow, but there's a measureable difference in their writing styles. Butcher is a lot less PC and his writing comes across as male. I think I made it through one or two chapters of Charlene Harris before putting her back on the shelf of the bookstore and never looking back. There's a sharp limit as to how much PC or estrogen I can tolerate.

I cant wait for the next dresden book, comes out like nov 27, 2 weeks after my birthday :D

Finished God is not Great, very good book, though Hitchen's best work I think is probably his debate with his brother (Hitchens v Hitchens (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngjQs_QjSwc)) which is pretty hilarious.

Kind of interrupted myself from reading Ridley's sequel to Genome, The Agile Gene. Think I might just skip it if I can pick up Dawkin's Selfish Gene or just a bit of fiction from Ender's Game....

kincajou
10-06-2012, 04:56 AM
Currently just finished american gods... well worth a read!

Ratatoskr
10-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Currently just finished american gods... well worth a read!

Yeah that's an interesting book. I just read it this year finally.

Floyd Ryan
11-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Last week finished The Unbearable Lightness of Being. Amazing novel.

This was a fantastic read, indeed. Interesting that you mentioned the exposition of Kitch. It is on of of the few things i remember quite well from the book, albeit having it read more than ten years ago. Have you seen the movie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unbearable_Lightness_of_Being_(film))? I liked it very much - Juliette Binoche is simply beautiful.

John
11-02-2012, 02:14 PM
This was a fantastic read, indeed. Interesting that you mentioned the exposition of Kitch. It is on of of the few things i remember quite well from the book, albeit having it read more than ten years ago. Have you seen the movie? I liked it very much - Juliette Binoche is simply beautiful.

Have not seen the movie -- didn't know there was one! I'll check it out.

Yes, the exposition on Kitsch to me seemed like the climax or focal point of the entire novel. Sort of, 'ok we've gone into detail about all these characters and their motivations, but let me now pull back the coverings and boil it all down to the essence'.

balnoisi
11-10-2012, 10:13 AM
after many years of not reading "genre" fiction, i want to go back to scifi. so i'm starting to read "a deepness in the sky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Deepness_in_the_Sky)" by vernor vinge. looks promising !

Midnitte
01-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Finished newest Dresden book. Read it.
Finished Ender's Game, read this also.

Started reading Dawkins' The Magic of Reality, describes how we know what we know about the universe in plain English - great for explaining things to others!

Not book related but I also started replaying Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Buying new books is on hold until I can afford my $300-$700 books for the semester...

MrFusion
01-09-2013, 03:06 AM
Joe Abercrombie - First Law Trilogy
I recently started book 3 and maaaaan, this is GOOD stuff!
You might best cimpare it to A Song Of Ice And Fire - it's got a fair share of violence, intrigues and some sex in it, tho the latter two are not as prominent as the first one.
It is more predictable, too, but makes up with cool characters.

A must read if you like mature fantasy!

SharkSummoner
01-11-2013, 03:39 PM
I'm currently reading a few novels in the Dresden Files Series. Ive also read American Gods, Dan Simmons Hyperion, and a Ciphias Cain novel fairly recently. Out of all of those Hyperion was the weirdest, but I would still recommend it if you like science fiction and are okay with a mildly confusing story line.

sweetjer
01-11-2013, 05:57 PM
@ balnoisi - isn't a Deepness in the Sky the second novel? It's not nearly as good as A Fire Upon the Deep. His constant grammatical and syntax errors in the sequel turned me off.

That said - A Fire Upon the Deep is simply excellent, imo.

Also...everyone should read the library of congress collections for Philip K. Dick if you're into genre sci-fi. He's the best of the best.

Kord
01-12-2013, 01:39 AM
Also...everyone should read the library of congress colletions for Philip K. Dick if you're into genre sci-fi. He's the best of the best.

QFT. PKD is a master. I only have the collection from the 60's, but have read a lot of his other work as well. Such an insane and awesome mind.

I'm reading through The Silmarillion now. Excellent book, basically the mythology and dramatic history of Tolkien's universe. It reads almost like a 'Bible' of the Elves. Pretty amazing for anyone that's a fan of his other work, and it really adds a lot of depth to an already deep world.

Back to sci-fi, I just finished reading The Forever War by Joe Haldeman and it was very cool. Haldeman is a Vietnam vet, and in many ways The Forever War is written as an allegory for that war, from the perspective of a reluctant warrior. One of the really interesting concepts he explores though is the idea of a war fought across such great distances that faster than light travel has to be used to reach the battlefields and outposts, so that a soldier's tour of duty might last hundreds of years on earth, but only a few years for him/her. Definitely recommend it. Apparently it's being made into a movie, buuuuut I really doubt they'll do it justice.

balnoisi
01-12-2013, 12:32 PM
@ balnoisi - isn't a Deepness in the Sky the second novel? It's not nearly as good as A Fire Upon the Deep. His constant grammatical and syntax errors in the sequel turned me off.

That said - A Fire Upon the Deep is simply excellent, imo.

well, its events take place before those in "a fire upon the deep" even if he wrote it years after the first novel, so i decided to start there. i believe its not a real prequel per se, but just based on the same universe some thousands of years before. i didn't know nothing about the books other than they were good sci-fi novels. then i plan reading "a fire.." and then there's the sequel, called "the children of the sky", which i will read if they all are as good as they seem.
having said this, i haven't finished it yet but i'm liking it a lot.

John
01-12-2013, 12:42 PM
I really love both A Deepness In The Sky, and Fire Upon the Deep. I have a lot of respect for Verner Vinge -- I met him at GDC one year after a keynote he gave, and that I thoroughly enjoyed.

after many years of not reading "genre" fiction, i want to go back to scifi. so i'm starting to read "a deepness in the sky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Deepness_in_the_Sky)" by vernor vinge. looks promising !

sweetjer
01-12-2013, 04:36 PM
maybe I should give the prequel another shot... I just get frustrated when a published work hasn't been properly edited. the first one is one of my favorite science fiction novels, so I really should be more tolerant of the errors. I'd say he's earned that. Also he sort of looks like my dad.

Back to PKD: Read Ubik.

Alazavrus
01-14-2013, 08:20 PM
I want to practice/improve my German now, so currently I'm trying to read Zelazny's Amber Chronicles (in German). It ain't going terribly well, though, I might go back to reading Revelation Space series by Alastair Reynolds.

Trinkendkopf
01-20-2013, 10:23 AM
I read "The Dragon Reborn" by Robert Jordan at the moment. That is 3rd book from "The Wheel of Time" cycle. It's one of favorite, I think. :)

stoicmom
02-04-2013, 11:30 PM
You won't believe this, but I just finished Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings (books 1, 2, 3):D Just a little behind in life, but what an adventure:p

mrpresident
02-05-2013, 12:57 AM
You won't believe this, but I just finished Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings (books 1, 2, 3):D Just a little behind in life, but what an adventure:p

It's never too late to read the lord of the rings :D . Glad you enjoyed them!

Urist McDorf
02-05-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm currently re-reading my extensive collection of Stanislaw Lem's books. He really is an incredible sci-fi author. Clifford Simak is great, too.

Whiteredeye
03-01-2013, 07:28 AM
I've just finished the first book of A Dance with Dragons (the paperback was released in two parts in the UK), and I'm moving on to re-read Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami.

Murakami is a genius. If you haven't already, I strongly recommend reading Kafka on the Shore. It's wonderfully surreal. Though I always wonder if the translations read in any way the same as the way he originally wrote it in Japanese...

Murakami is my favourite author, and Norwegian Wood is one of my favourite books :)

With the Shadowrun revival, I've been reading the Shadowrun: 20th Anniversary Core Rulebook and trying to get a group to play. Also, bought a new homebrewing book (beer) simply called How To Brew, its the best one I've read yet =)

How to brew is great, I highly reccomend also checking out a book John Palmer wrote in collaboration with Jamil Zainasheff called 'brewing classic styles' , it has like 80 recipes, all of them have won an award at some point or another.

As for me, I haven't spent nearly as much time reading as I would like lately, and as soon school starts back up it will be all text books and journals. When I do get the time I've been going between 'I am a cat' by Soseki Natsume, and a book about the differing levels of development faced by different societies by Jared Diamond called 'Guns, Germs and Steel'. In my to read pile is '1Q84' by Murakami and 'Horns' by Joe Hill. Books for me are like games, so many unfinished, so little time...

StandSure
03-01-2013, 08:48 AM
I am reading Neal Stephenson's "Reamde" right now...really good, I was turned on to it by this board. I loved Snowcrash and Diamond Age but really hated his Baroque Cycle...I found the first book ponderous and dull. I'm glad he got back into more of his early style.

I read a book last year that I think some of the people here would enjoy: "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline. A really fun read, especially for someone who grew up in the '80s and loves games or pop culture. Highly recommend.

caine1138
03-12-2013, 09:10 PM
The Butlerian Jihad, prequel for the Dune series of the movies.
Prior to that was Song of the Black Sword, the original series of books that Elric starred in.

Morte
04-05-2014, 04:07 AM
Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl

Frankls experiences as an Auschwitz concentration camp inmate during WW II.

Aleonymous
04-05-2014, 04:44 AM
I read "The Dragon Reborn" by Robert Jordan at the moment. That is 3rd book from "The Wheel of Time" cycle. It's one of favorite, I think. :)

For about 25 months now, I am reading "The Wheel of Time" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time) series, by Robert Jordan.

It takes place in an epic/high-fantasy (a.k.a. "Tolkien-esque") themed world, with magic, swords, meanies and all the necessary ingredients! :) It features a very large cast of characters and intricate relationships (politics and all), in a scale similar to G.R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series (which is, however, dark/low-fantasy themed). I am currently at book #9, of the strenuous series of 14 books (!). Jordan died before finishing the series and Brandon Sanderson was chosen to complete the last four books, based on detailed notes left by Jordan. It's a little hard & slow at first, but once all characters have been shaped, it starts 'rolling' :D

John
04-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse
Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave, by Frederick Douglass

Rymdkejsaren
04-08-2014, 05:33 AM
Going through a Stephen King stint both re-reading older novels I read when I was way too young (just finished The Shining) and now reading 11/22/63. I am also readinghis book On Writing, which I find refreshing, down to earth and can heartily recommend to anyone interested in improving their writing skills.

Recently I finished the Otherland series by Tad Williams which is amazing, and I am also reading Ursula LeGuin's Earthsea books which is a fantasy classic that I have missed out on.

Aleonymous
04-08-2014, 05:58 AM
...I am also reading Ursula LeGuin's Earthsea books which is a fantasy classic...

I recommend 'em too.

John
04-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Just finished up my previous 2.

Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse

Another great read from Hesse. The treatise describing the bourgeois and Harry's relationship to it was spot on.

Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave, by Frederick Douglass

Reads like an adventure story, while also serving as a severe reprimand of the failed morality of a society, and providing hope for the future. After you finish the book, there is an appendix in which Douglass delivers a sublime verbal punishment to the hypocritical so-called religious folks who allow, propagate, and profit by the institution of slavery.

I'm now reading Starting Point: 1979-1996 by Hayao Miyazaki tonight.

grumpyoldman
04-10-2014, 06:15 AM
I am currently reading "The broken Jug" by Kleist, digging my way through "renowned" literature. It's a comedy and quite short, but so far i would not recommend it.

John, if you are into Hermann Hesse, I do highly recommend Siddharhta (as long as you havent read it already!) It's an impressive biographical parabel, establishing new perceptions of various kinds. (For me especially concering the overall pace of life and the process of learning)

@Alazavrus: Do you know Leonce & Lena by Georg Büchner? It's a really short one (max. 30 pages?) and a ride of fun to read, not a complicated use of language either!

StandSure
04-10-2014, 07:58 AM
I read Siddhartha as part of a German class in college and loved it. My favorite of Hesse's.

Currently I am reading "S.", the concept book by J.J. Abrams. It's a difficult and slow read because of the layered way it is constructed. I had to give up on reading all the layers at once and read just the novel first; now I'm going back through the extras. To be honest, for me it comes off as too "constructed" and more work than I normally am looking for in a book I would read for enjoyment. I feel obliged to get through all of it, as I received it as a gift, but, I wouldn't really recommend it.

Next up I will go back to The Wheel of Time; I'm at Lord of Chaos.

John
04-10-2014, 09:55 AM
Aye, Siddhartha is one of my favorite books of all time. It had a great impact on me. I was also really impressed with Narcissus and Goldmund, also by Hesse.

Did you know that the song by Yes, "Close to the Edge", is based on Siddhartha? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_to_the_Edge_(Yes_album)

Also, there is a movie version of Steppenwolf that contains a great animated sequence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwDGVP1tMTg

grumpyoldman
04-10-2014, 11:35 AM
No, I didn't know that. Thank you for sharing! The animated sequence is great indeed!

Morte
04-16-2014, 06:28 AM
If This Is a Man by Primo Levi

gripho
04-20-2014, 08:14 AM
I just finished Spin, first book in a trilogy by Robert Charles Wilson, and a great SF read

JackJammer
05-13-2014, 10:52 AM
Just finished children of dune, going to read "the legend of the albae" next, which is some kind of german fantasy series

Aleonymous
05-13-2014, 11:18 AM
I also started a collection of Edgar Allan Poe stories, this one (Amazon link) (http://www.amazon.com/Edgar-Allan-Poe-Complete-Unabridged/dp/1853757004)

kincajou
05-19-2014, 01:02 PM
I just finished the odyssey, i now understand why it became a classic

loveboof
05-19-2014, 03:44 PM
A lot of the weird/sinister stuff from that new TV series True Detective was inspired by Robert W. Chambers' The King in Yellow. As I enjoyed the show, I started reading that :)

It's a collection of short stories, so very readable on the go - totally worth a read for the first few stories alone! (Apparently the later ones are not as good, but I haven't read them yet so can't say)

Fazolt
05-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Bernard Cornwell's Saxon Tales Series.

natej11
05-23-2014, 06:11 PM
Fantasy is my favorite genre. I've read so much and there are so many great authors and series to recommend, but my top picks are definitely Brandon Sanderson, Robert Jordan, and George R.R. Martin. Tolkein is in a place of his own as the father of modern fantasy, though. Of those three I'd say Brandon Sanderson stands head and shoulders above the other two, because of the way Wheel of Time bogged down to agonizing levels halfway through, and George R.R. Martin pretty much gave his fans the bird by all but abandoning his written series to focus on the TV show.

Shameless self promotion, the OP mentioned urban fantasy, and I recently released an urban fantasy ebook on Amazon Kindle: Salzan, Book One of the Cavnar series. I'm not sure about the protocols of posting links, but if you want to check it out just search "Salzan" on Amazon. I've got it listed free until the 26th, so you've got nothing to lose :). And hopefully if you like it you'll review and recommend it.

Aleonymous
05-24-2014, 04:34 AM
Fantasy is my favorite genre. I've read so much and there are so many great authors and series to recommend, but my top picks are definitely Brandon Sanderson, Robert Jordan, and George R.R. Martin. Tolkein is in a place of his own as the father of modern fantasy, though. Of those three I'd say Brandon Sanderson stands head and shoulders above the other two, because of the way Wheel of Time bogged down to agonizing levels halfway through, and George R.R. Martin pretty much gave his fans the bird by all but abandoning his written series to focus on the TV show.

I haven't read anything of Sanderson (any suggestions? This Mistborn?), but I second both your concerns about GRRM's & Jordan's works. I am now in the 10th book of TWoT, where things started to pick up pace, at last :p

natej11
05-26-2014, 01:48 AM
I haven't read anything of Sanderson (any suggestions? This Mistborn?), but I second both your concerns about GRRM's & Jordan's works. I am now in the 10th book of TWoT, where things started to pick up pace, at last :p

100% You need to read his Stormlight Archives. They're an epic fantasy in the style of Game of Thrones or Wheel of Time, but I can't even describe how unbelievably good they are. Not only is the world breathtaking and the story powerful, but the characterization and moral quandaries the characters find themselves in, the pain and moments of honor and heroism, literally made me tear up at times. And that doesn't happen often.

Aleonymous
05-26-2014, 02:31 AM
100% You need to read his Stormlight Archives.

Thanks for the tip. It seems that only two books are out, and its a planned 10-book series. I am kinda skeptical of that, after my experience with TWoT: I am now in book 10 of 14, and its like the third year I've spent on them. I am not a native English speaker/reader, but I prefer original language, so it goes slow...

natej11
05-26-2014, 05:14 PM
Yeah, going into a series before it's finished can suck, especially with something like A Song of Ice and Fire where George R.R. Martin took over 6 years to get the 5th book out. But Brandon Sanderson is a wildly prolific writer and he's been reliable about putting books out so far. He's the one who finished Wheel of Time for Robert Jordan and managed to untangle the mess the series was in and wrap it up in 3 books. I can understand not wanting to trust an unfinished series, but of any of them Stormlight Archives would be my pick.

balnoisi
05-27-2014, 04:58 PM
continuing on my not-so-succesful quest to find really amazing sci-fi ... i'm about to start reading this novel by M. Harrison titled "Light".

Aleonymous
05-28-2014, 03:45 AM
quest to find really amazing sci-fi

What's your "standards", for really amazing sci-fi? :D

I haven't read a lot, really, so I can only point out Gibson's "Neuromancer" (cyberpunk sub-genre) and Niven's "Ringworld", that you've probably already read... I recently read Herbert's "Dune", but I didn't like it so much as I hoped... Also, I tried to read a couple of Philip K. Dick's novels (10 years ago), but I always abandoned them; perhaps I should give them one more try.

StandSure
05-28-2014, 07:33 AM
Also, I tried to read a couple of Philip K. Dick's novels (10 years ago), but I always abandoned them; perhaps I should give them one more try.
IMO Dick's best works are his short stories. He is great for sci-fi themes/concepts but I haven't loved the novels of his that I have read. I think that's why so many of his short stories have been expanded into films; the CONCEPT is so creative and strong.

gripho
05-28-2014, 11:14 AM
In modern SF, two of my favorite writers are Richard Morgan (the Takeshi Kovacs trilogy, Black Man...) and Charles Stross (Palimpsest, the Eschaton series...). Their non-SF works are great too, like Richard Morgan fantasy series A Land Fit For Heroes or Charles Stross computer-geek-occult-horror series The Laundry Files.

JackJammer
05-29-2014, 09:00 AM
@Topic: Currently reading some Discworld. Just finished Mort and now reading the second one of the novels about Death...i really could punch myself for waiting so long with reading this >.<

100% You need to read his Stormlight Archives. They're an epic fantasy in the style of Game of Thrones or Wheel of Time, but I can't even describe how unbelievably good they are. Not only is the world breathtaking and the story powerful, but the characterization and moral quandaries the characters find themselves in, the pain and moments of honor and heroism, literally made me tear up at times. And that doesn't happen often.

Thanks for the suggestion. if it's truly as good as you describe it, I will certainly start reading this :D

natej11
06-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Yeah Terry Pratchett is another one of my favorite authors. I've read all of his Discworld books, and there's dozens of them.

kincajou
06-02-2014, 11:29 AM
IMO Dick's best works are his short stories. He is great for sci-fi themes/concepts but I haven't loved the novels of his that I have read. I think that's why so many of his short stories have been expanded into films; the CONCEPT is so creative and strong.

i'd agree to this his short stories are where he really shines, great ideas and amazing delivery!
That said, if you then end up liking his stuff i cannot help but advising to read Ubik... Once the book was finished i needed to touch something solid and even then i wasn't sure that "rel" was "real"... one of the best sci-fi books i've ever come across. (the unsure about reality thing has seemed to get everyone i've passed the book to :p)

JackJammer
07-16-2014, 03:32 PM

so i finished book one some days ago and i'm at chapter 2 of the second book...yeah, it's pretty amazing, especially the ending chapters of book one were breathtaking :D really a good suggestion to read these

Aleonymous
07-16-2014, 04:21 PM
so i finished book one some days ago and i'm at chapter 2 of the second book...yeah, it's pretty amazing, especially the ending chapters of book one were breathtaking :D really a good suggestion to read these

That one is in my wishtlist too, after I finish with the others I'm currently reading... So, another point for Stormlight Archives! :)

Arnie
07-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Currently reading:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Whale-Road-Robert-Low/dp/0312361947

Just finished this series which is highly recommended:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=saxon%20tales&sprefix=saxon+t%2Cstripbooks&rh=i%3Astripbooks%2Ck%3Asaxon%20tales

natej11
09-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Shamelessly plugging myself, but I've got a free book promotion going for my most recent book up on Amazon from September 10th to the 14th if you want to pick it up while it doesn't cost anything. Withered Sea, Book 2 of The Protectorate series, sequel to Corsairs. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NFFP3G8

stoicmom
09-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Thanks natej and great to see you here - always :D

Aleonymous
09-09-2014, 03:53 PM
Shamelessly plugging myself, but I've got a free book promotion going for my most recent book up on Amazon from September 10th to the 14th if you want to pick it up while it doesn't cost anything. Withered Sea, Book 2 of The Protectorate series, sequel to Corsairs. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NFFP3G8

Hehe :) Is it Kindle-only?

natej11
09-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement stoicmom :).

Hehe :) Is it Kindle-only?

For the moment. Amazon has a pretty good program for print books through CreateSpace that's fairly friendly for authors, and they integrate it well with the Kindle version in the store, but right now I'm sticking to epub format. If my books take off I might brave CreateSpace and figure out all the formatting and other changes I'd need to make, but the funny thing is that with print copies buyers pay much more and authors make much less in royalties. It's a steep tradeoff to have a physical copy of the book.

Although I will admit it's hard to beat reading from a book you're holding in your hands. For all its perks digital format just can't match that.

Aleonymous
09-10-2014, 02:05 AM
For the moment. Amazon has a pretty good program for print books through CreateSpace that's fairly friendly for authors, and they integrate it well with the Kindle version in the store, but right now I'm sticking to epub format. If my books take off I might brave CreateSpace and figure out all the formatting and other changes I'd need to make, but the funny thing is that with print copies buyers pay much more and authors make much less in royalties. It's a steep tradeoff to have a physical copy of the book.

Although I will admit it's hard to beat reading from a book you're holding in your hands. For all its perks digital format just can't match that.

Yes, perfectly understandable... And, to joke a bit, here's a funny little video in case you missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhcPX1wVp38 (it's about a new gadget called BOOK :p)

natej11
09-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Haha that's awesome.

I discovered BOOK when I was just a small child and it changed my life! I highly recommend it to all my friends.

Yngvar
09-14-2014, 07:27 AM
The city and the city by China Miéville.

Spaniards... :p

Fazolt
09-19-2014, 04:54 PM
Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe series.

CandyMissy
12-11-2017, 09:20 PM
I'm still reading LoTR <3

John
12-11-2017, 09:31 PM
I just finished the Mists of Avalon, great read! Very engaging and atmospheric and puts the Arthurian legend in a very human perspective while at the same time highlighting the supernatural and divine.

CandyMissy
06-24-2018, 10:52 PM
I still love Lord of the rings <3

studmanic
07-10-2018, 02:24 AM
I don't think a good Steven King book would ever get boring. Gotta love The Shining man.

studmanic
07-11-2018, 09:27 AM
Well if you're going into fantasy, I guess my favorite would be most of the stuff by Stephen King, especially The Shining. At the moment though, I'm reading The Dark Tower.

Aleonymous
07-11-2018, 04:33 PM
I don't think a good Steven King book would ever get boring. Gotta love The Shining man.

Well if you're going into fantasy, I guess my favorite would be most of the stuff by Stephen King, especially The Shining. At the moment though, I'm reading The Dark Tower.

Either too obsessed with The Shining, or some bot that tripped on its own feet :p

jamiebatty
02-07-2019, 03:58 AM
I recently read the first book from the Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne series by Brian Staveley. This is a cycle of epic fantasy in the spirit of "Game of Thrones." The heroes, the three children of the emperor, are trying - each in their own way - to pull the state out of the quagmire of conspiracies, insurrections and wars. This book, along with resource EssayShark (https://assignment.essayshark.com/), helped me in writing my review of this series, as the detailed world, the sharp plot and authentic heroes who really want to empathize - this is something that may interest the reader.

Aleonymous
02-07-2019, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the tip, Jamie. Bookmarked (https://kotaku.com/unhewn-throne-is-one-of-the-best-fantasy-series-ive-eve-1826197222) this one. Still struggling to start Book#2 of Kingkiller Chronicles (by Patrick Rothfuss) and The Way of Kings is sitting in my Library, looking at me, for a few years now... :o

ElizaGaha
03-06-2019, 07:39 AM
Stephen King Dark Tower

davidhussay196520
03-25-2019, 05:43 PM
I read these days is manga and I always wanted to argate (https://mangazuki.me/argate-online) online manga.

AvadaKedavra
04-16-2019, 07:12 AM
I read Tolkien, tLotR.

Erica
04-22-2019, 12:53 AM
Blindsight by Peter Watts.

davidhussay196520
05-05-2019, 06:55 AM
I read these days is dead tube manga at manga zuki (https://www.mangazuki.me). This is my favourite manga.

RogerRog
05-10-2019, 09:07 AM
A Song of Fire and Ice