PDA

View Full Version : Invalid login

GorillaKhan
05-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Anyone know what's going on with Factions? I can't login.

stoicmom
05-06-2014, 10:32 PM
You are not alone GorillaKhan :'( I have not been able to get into the game for over two hours and I'm going through withdrawal - not very pleasant. Apparently a server issue. I have sent an email to help@stoicstudio.com and all we can do is wait :p

Aleonymous
05-07-2014, 02:59 AM
It seems like the problems are fixed. I logged in the game "normally" a few minutes ago.

stoicmom
05-07-2014, 07:55 AM
this is what i was sent in the wee hours of the morning as the reason for factions being down for several hours - (copied post from the server provider for factions)

## Follow up

Beginning on April 22 at 15:06 UTC and ending on April 22 at 16:36 UTC, some [Heroku customers experienced] elevated H99 errors on the platform. We accept full responsibility for any downtime arising from this issue, and regret negative effects our customers experienced.

We'd like to share some additional detail about what happened and steps we are taking to mitigate future outages of a similar nature.

## Who was affected?

Applications running a single 1X or 2X dyno and applications running performance (PX) dynos experienced elevated H99 errors.

## What Happened?

A bug was found in our routing layer causing a stale snapshot query, and in turn our API trying to unidle deleted applications which resulted in an increased rate of H99 errors.

Our response to this incident was delayed due to a fault in our monitoring systems.

## What did we do to prevent wider impact?

When we were alerted of the issue, our API was put into lockdown mode to prevent any potential impact to currently-running systems. When the API is in lockdown mode, actions that could worsen the impact of the incident are blocked (this was erroneously referred to as "read-only mode" in incident status updates - some write operations are permitted when the API is in lockdown mode).

## What will we do to mitigate problems like this in the future?

We fixed the resulting code and also added tests to prevent this from happening in the future.

We’ve also identified gaps in our monitoring system and have scheduled subsequent remediation.