PDA

View Full Version : Population of the Factions Server

EinarNordwin
05-21-2014, 02:21 PM
Hello,

we have a great Problem with the Population of the Factions Server. Not enough Players!
I think the Problem is that new players often give up for the reason that there are not enough players around power level 1-6 it was a bit more around 7-11.

And the Server was often so laggy that you cant move, or select a skill. Thats frustrating too.

One Solution was give New Players a Starter Pack: a Power Level 6 or 12 Team. So new Players can start instantly in the game. In the Beta Times this was not a Problem, we all start from power level 0. But now its hard for new Players to grow. And if a Veteran Player comes with less power level to assist...we all now what happens, the fresh player have not a good chance to win, or kill much Vikings, so he/she have very few Renown income. Some new Players was very good yes, but this game have for me a great learning curve. So i think the most new players was lost here.

Another good Idea was a power level 6 Tournament for newbies.
A friendly arena with functions where a veteran can bring a player in the game closer to the same. Repetition/reset of the last turn, refresh of armor, Strength, Will Power, etc. ... tutorial functions precisely.

Sorry if this is not the correct place for this Thread.

mfg

EN

Aleonymous
05-22-2014, 06:32 AM
Either of your suggestions would help, EN; but, maybe not both at the same time.

My first choice would be having new players start with a power-6 team (instead of a power-1 team). The goal here is to concentrate all playerbase between p6-p12. I'd just give all newly entering players the Renown required to recruit five rank-0 units (with 5 kills) from the Mead House and immediately promote them; that's ~250 Renown with the current rates (25R to hire a unit with 5 kills, 20R to promote it to rank-1). Excluding the achievement bonuses, it takes more than 25 matches at a 50% win-ratio to earn that much Renown...

My second choice would be to make another tourney, at p6, where only new (or low-rank) players would be eligible to participate. Replacing the p12 with a p6 tourney is not so good, because experience players would much more easily dominate it.

Lastly, I've proposed re-instate the "all-matches-are-ranked" principle (no Quick Match) that was removed a year ago. The goal here is to match all players with their equal as well as give them the "climb-the-rankings" incentive to keep playing. I am aware that this change would increase the average matching-time, but: (a) this wait-time can be somewhat minimized with tweaks in the server-side MatchMaker formula, (b) Ranked-matches would help keep new players motivated cuz they'd have a chance to win matches against their equals instead of being crushed by experts forced to play p6-QMs...

Aleo

EinarNordwin
05-22-2014, 11:49 AM
Either of your suggestions would help, EN; but, maybe not both at the same time.

My first choice would be having new players start with a power-6 team (instead of a power-1 team). The goal here is to concentrate all playerbase between p6-p12. I'd just give all newly entering players the Renown required to recruit five rank-0 units (with 5 kills) from the Mead House and immediately promote them; that's ~250 Renown with the current rates (25R to hire a unit with 5 kills, 20R to promote it to rank-1). Excluding the achievement bonuses, it takes more than 25 matches at a 50% win-ratio to earn that much Renown...

My second choice would be to make another tourney, at p6, where only new (or low-rank) players would be eligible to participate. Replacing the p12 with a p6 tourney is not so good, because experience players would much more easily dominate it.

Lastly, I've proposed re-instate the "all-matches-are-ranked" principle (no Quick Match) that was removed a year ago. The goal here is to match all players with their equal as well as give them the "climb-the-rankings" incentive to keep playing. I am aware that this change would increase the average matching-time, but: (a) this wait-time can be somewhat minimized with tweaks in the server-side MatchMaker formula, (b) Ranked-matches would help keep new players motivated cuz they'd have a chance to win matches against their equals instead of being crushed by experts forced to play p6-QMs...

Aleo

Yes i mean that like you a extra Tournament for newbies. My English was not so good, you explain it better.^^
All matches are ranked would be better...yes...atm was the few Players we have seperated in 3 "rooms": ranked, quick and tournament.

Would be nice to see some new faces. Atm i fight most of the time against the few same Players and thats booring.

asalspammer
02-14-2015, 07:45 AM
All matches are ranked would be better...yes...atm was the few Players we have seperated in 3 "rooms": ranked, quick and tournament.