PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] Banner Saga Factions is either stuck on loading screen or gives error message

mades
09-12-2014, 01:33 AM
I searched the forum, but nothing precise was found as the "howto" fix it.

Right now, when I load Steam first (as should be done first as pointed out in another thread), the game keeps continuously loading, without going into the game itself.

I disabled my AV and added an exception to my firewall, still to no avail.

Prior to this, this is what would happen (below). I am incorporating this information because this problem may come back in the near future (it may have happened because Steam was not fully launched, not sure):

I would get the following error message when I tried starting the game. I install the game via Steam as usual, and re-installing does not change the outcome:

Steam Error
Steam was unable to initialize the Banner Saga

Try each of the following options:
1. Restart Steam
2. Re-install The Banner Saga
3. Re-install Steam

I have:
Windows 7 (Ultimate)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
3GHZ processor
4GB ram
I have a firewall installed, but it would (at the very least) prompt me
I do NOT have any VPN installed

I only tried playing the game yesterday. It would not work, so I disabled the Steam overlay. Today, I then proceeded in re-installing the game.

If anyone needs to see logs, I don't exactly know where they would be. I assume in the Steam directory, but there always lots of files for each game. So, I would definitely need the name of the log file if possible.

Aleonymous
09-20-2014, 03:30 AM
Hello there. Sorry for the troubles you're experiencing.

Factions has given all of us that message, from time to time, with varying frequency to each one, and with no apparent solution/fix. Me, for example, I nowadays get this like 10-20% of the times I try to launch the game, but thankfully it always works on second try. Some months ago, the frequency of that error was like 50% of the time. Then again, other people needed to try 4-5 times for the game to launch when that error occurred.

Your system specs seem fine, and your AV & firewall shouldn't be the problem. You said you tested them, so we can rule that out. If you still wanna try sending the log files to support@stoicstudio.com, they can be found in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\TheBannerSagaFactions\Local Store\logs. Zip-up the ten text-files and email them.

mades
09-25-2014, 12:20 AM
Alright, will do. That specific problem does not happen anymore. Once I loaded Steam first, a newer problem arose (as indicated in the OP), the game merely never loads. Tried around 10 times, but still nothing. Hopefully the dev team can try their luck in the problem.

Fazolt
09-25-2014, 04:19 PM
It happens for me every time I start the game after closing my computer and leaving Steam open, the only solution is (for me) to close steam, restart steam, and open up the game. You could also try verifying your local cache.

mades
09-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Hey Fazolt, nope nothing seems to work - even clearing the cache. Hopefully with the logs I provided they can check it out.

@Aleonymous. So, seems I can now post without having needing my posts approved. Strangely enough, my other post I made for you was not accepted :/ I did what you suggested. That problem I do not experience (as explained in the OP). Now, all it does is get stuck at the loading screen.