PDA

View Full Version : iOS version

onetime80
10-13-2014, 12:22 AM
thanks for porting it to the iOS

but you messed up when making the icon. its not eye-catching and looks cheap (as in, you wont think the game inside will be a high quality experience)
it should be the banner saga logo or something

the preview pictures used are also not a good choice to sell the game (you really cant see any of the combat gameplay) and just see giant characters taking up half the pictures.

generally only those who know the banner saga, will buy it. damn shame

Aleonymous
10-13-2014, 10:51 AM
I was also curious as to why they chose Iver's face for the game icon... I understand that the full TBS-logo might be too big for a tablet icon, but they could do with the stylized "B" as well.

Preview-pics not showing any battle scenes? That's a mistake, surely...

Vytauti
10-14-2014, 05:10 PM
I really like the icon. Seems very clean, an unusual compared to all the other mainstream game app icons. Though I really know where are you coming from. I was shocked when i saw XCOM's ported iOS icon. And still even now, one thing I think when I look at it is "wtf" were they thinking? and then that hideous '2k' in the corner...

About the second part, I'm not sure how it is with earlyer versions of iOS, but with the iOS8, there is ability to upload intoductory video. Which Stoic did do. But yes. The screenshots is not really representative of the game.

About the 'only the ones who know the baner saga will buy it', I'm kind of hoping, that Banner saga will get chosen by editor, and then it should be on the "front sliders" of the App store, which should really help, because of quality altogether, and because it does not cram IAP down your throat, which as you maybe know is really started to bug Apple in recent years. Theres also websites with high trafic, like touch arcade, which did praised the game very much.

joopaca
10-26-2014, 09:24 AM
I really enjoyed both PC and iOS version of the game, and enjoyed both of them.

[SPOILER]

With the special character Tryggvi, battles were a lot easier for Rook's caravan.
One thing that I did not like about iOS version was how my vision was limited to relatively small screen of iPad.
I understand that the screen's default view has to be always more zoomed in compared to PC version.
However, in the middle of dialogues, when I zoomed in or out to see better, they would always come back to default every line.
I think it would be nice if players can choose the zoom and have it that way.
This inability to choose the screen zoom was really annoying at the ending of the game, because I could not see the burning ship on the screen due to the fixed zoom.
I wish this issue can be handled somehow so that player who play this game for the first time with iOS can see the burning ship well, since it's really the important one...