PDA

View Full Version : Lags in Factions

EinarNordwin
10-22-2014, 05:05 PM
hello,

I have encountered a problem in Factions in each game. Whenever my opponent ends his turn freezes the game for about a minute and I can do nothing. I can not click my Vikings or the opponents. Then it's on again. This attracts the game in the very long and sometimes it crashes even from.

Have this game some Ports i must give free? Or is this a known Bug?

mfg

EinarNordwin

JackJammer
10-23-2014, 01:39 AM
Think something might be wrong with the servers at the moment. a lot of players, including me, had similar issues yesterday (from the things you said to not be able to join matches)... so I don't think it'S because of some ports you have to free. hopefully it'll be alright today

Aleonymous
10-23-2014, 02:47 AM
EN, your problem could be something other than yesterday's server problems, because I remember you complaining about crashes and lags even when it was fine for everybody else... Have you tried playing with your Anti-Virus or Firewall settings?

EinarNordwin
10-23-2014, 07:11 AM
EN, your problem could be something other than yesterday's server problems, because I remember you complaining about crashes and lags even when it was fine for everybody else... Have you tried playing with your Anti-Virus or Firewall settings?

I have the Freeware Panda Cloud Antivirus allways deactivated i only use them as Virus Scanner. But i have that Problems bevore i use that Programm too. Its a new Software i found after i googled for a Virusscanner. I thought maybe i have that Problems from a Virus.

I have my router Firewall activated Windows Firewall are both deactivated (red). But the same like above i never have Problems with the router Firewall. And if i remember right i try it with reinstall and deactivate my router Firewall.

But i can try it again Play whithout the firewall. Later i Play a Quickmatch and deactivate my Router Firewall.

p.s.: i cant complete remove my Panda Software but i rightclick on the Software an choose: "deactivate VirusProgramm" is that enough? I have them still "Grey" on my Windows Bar.

EDIT: i have often this effect: I type to test my Speed in the Banner Saga factions Chat: 1, 2, 3 to see how fast that appears but its so: 1 Comes then 3 then 2 (wrong order, i tryd that more often the numbers Comes often in the wrong order) and ist is often so that i can Chat 2-5 messages very fast and then 30 sec waiting time bevor the next message appears.

Aleonymous
10-23-2014, 08:59 AM
Deactivating a the firewall should be enough. Antivirus wouldn't be so important...

Are you having problems with other online "live-action" games too?

EinarNordwin
10-23-2014, 09:36 AM
Deactivating a the firewall should be enough. Antivirus wouldn't be so important...

Are you having problems with other online "live-action" games too?

I playd Mass effect 3 Online matches thats a first Person shooter whithout Problems and Uncharted Waters online too. Sometimes i have the feel my Firefox Browser is a bis slow but Internet Explorer is my Standard Browser and IE is very good and smooth.

I have massive Problems with WIN7 my PC Starts with freezed Desctop and after 2-5mins its over and i can Play. When i right click desctop it Needs 2mins to bevore the right click menue appears. And my PC start 90% with deactivated Sound i must run Problem solver from Windows 1-2 times then Sound Comes back. I dont know that info helps.

EDIT2: Have Banner Saga Probs with UPnp?

Aleonymous
10-23-2014, 10:56 AM
I can't help anymore, EN, as networks are not really my specialty :( But, from what you're describing, your system doesn't sound like it's in its best shape... Those instability issues might also affect Flash, the technology TBSF is build upon.

EinarNordwin
10-23-2014, 11:16 AM
ok thx anyway. BTW i tryd with deactivated Router Firewall so it was a bit better but im not realy sure. I try later more matches with router Firewall on and out. And deinstall / install Flash.

maikomaik
01-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Hi
I have the very same problem! The game runs smooth but the connection between my opponent and me is much too slow....takes about 1min till i see his turn...
tried turning off firewall/anti-vir...but i still have these annoying lags!

plz help me
the game is so great, i really wanna play it

ty

EinarNordwin
01-14-2015, 01:46 PM
I have now a Brand new PC with fresh Windows and either way that Problem. I thought bevore it was my Software, driver, PC whatever but:

1. I can Play all other Games with by far Higher recommned System requirements

2. I can download with confirmed 80.000 and more (have a 100 digital Internet highest possible speed to buy)

3. Sometimes the game runs smooth

Another dissapointment is that the server often runs slow too (Stormy weather).
Once peer week some server mainentance would be nice it feels the Developer dont do that since jears or never.

Greets

EN