PDA

View Full Version : Improve Spanish Translation

cojonuo
04-13-2015, 04:23 AM
Hello, I love the game, but I'm disapointed with his spanish translation. I want to improve it making a mod. Using Zeno, the Mod Content DLC and the google docs guide, I was able to change and recompile the locate spanish files. But when I export my mod and try to use -mods argument I get one error on Log files, #2004 error when try to load the manifest file. Using the alternative assets path command my modifications works well, I try to override the locate .json file with my file and work well too.

Sorry for duplicate post, admin can delete the other.

this is the message I get in the log:

[ERROR] (TBS-0) 0 544 Failed to loadFile [file://C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/tbs/mod/test/] [mod_manifest.json]: ArgumentError: Error #2004
[ERROR] (TBS-0) 0 545 GameConfig.preloadMods failed to load mod manifest from [file://C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/tbs/mod/test]

Aleonymous
04-13-2015, 01:57 PM
Hello cojonuo, and welcome to our little community :)

I haven't experimented with Zeno-made mods too much in order to help you with that. But, I do recall John saying that Zeno was still missing some key components that would make creating and publishing mods easier. Maybe that's what's causing the trouble.

I am guessing that your mod actually alters files only in the directory: ...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\tbs\assets\saga1 \locale\es Perhaps it will be simpler and equally efficient to work by directly editing all these JSON.Z and SBV.Z files (using Zeno or the TBS_Decompiler), instead of creating an entire new mod?

You could re-post this problem in this thread: http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?2038 , that is regularly watched by John.

cojonuo
04-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the reply Aleonymous, I can get it work if I rewrite the original location file with my modificated location after compile it with the Zeno tool without problems, I just wanted do it with a packet mod, but is ok if I can get it working anyway. I suppose that I can distribute my modification over Internet without rights problems with TBS staff. You now where can I post about that cuestion or if they have any rule about that?

Aleonymous
04-13-2015, 04:47 PM
My main reason for not working with Zeno is because I couldn't figure how to properly "package" my mods, in order to distribute them. For example, even if I only changed a single line in a single file, it produced a packed mod that was some 100s of MegaBytes in size, containing 100s of files and folders! Dunno if I did something wrong, but it was obviously not viable =/

Back to your last question, I believe you'll have no problems with Stoic, except maybe if you ask for money for your translation? Anyway, the best course of actions is to directly email stoic (e.g. at support@stoicstudio.com) with your question, as they don't seem to watch these forums nowadays... If they don't answer (e.g. in 1-2 days), give me a shout so that I nudge them :)

Yngvar
04-15-2015, 04:22 AM
Look what the cat dragged in!

Spanish translation was trending topic a long time ago.

Drop me a line if you need help.

cojonuo
04-16-2015, 04:12 AM
Look what the cat dragged in!

Spanish translation was trending topic a long time ago.

Drop me a line if you need help.

I'm working on it, I only want improve it becouse sometimes is really dificult understand what the character say :D. When I have an first version I will post it for testing ;) maybe I will open a threat in Clan-Dlan forum