PDA

View Full Version : Android: stuck on download

Sosi
01-27-2016, 06:04 AM
Hi!

I bought this yesterday from the Google Play store. Downloaded the App, launched it, and now it is stuck at 0% with ETA: ??:?? minutes. I have plenty of space on my external card and >3Gb on my internal memory (and the developer says it requires <2Gbs space).

What do I need to do to get this working???

Aleonymous
05-03-2016, 06:22 AM
Hello there. Have you managed to make this work?

Sosi
05-03-2016, 09:56 AM
Hi! No, eventually I just quit trying. Do you recommend my doing something?

Aleonymous
05-03-2016, 04:00 PM
Have you tried emailing Stoic at help-android@stoicstudio.com ?

As the problems start before the game is actually launched, maybe you can also seek support via Google Play.

Sosi
05-03-2016, 04:26 PM
Have you tried emailing Stoic at help-android@stoicstudio.com ?

As the problems start before the game is actually launched, maybe you can also seek support via Google Play.

When this happened I left a message on Google Play and never got a reply. I am unsure as to whether I had contacted the email but I sent them an email now anyway. Thanks.

I will post here in case I get a reply.

Edit 1: Not even after 24hours of sending an email to help-android@stoicstudio.com I got a reply from the support team. They suggest that I follow the steps in here (https://support.google.com/googleplay/troubleshooter/6241347?hl=en#ts=6241336%2C6241346%2C6241382%2C624 1389%2C6241402%2C6241400), specifically step 2. I am doing it now, will be back with an update as soon as I can.

pliz22
08-31-2017, 07:11 PM
Did you get it to work? Did the developers get back to you?
Mine fails at about 50% every time I try to download.
Sent an email, got a ticket number, but haven't heard back in 2 days.

When this happened I left a message on Google Play and never got a reply. I am unsure as to whether I had contacted the email but I sent them an email now anyway. Thanks.

I will post here in case I get a reply.

Edit 1: Not even after 24hours of sending an email to help-android@stoicstudio.com I got a reply from the support team. They suggest that I follow the steps in here (https://support.google.com/googleplay/troubleshooter/6241347?hl=en#ts=6241336%2C6241346%2C6241382%2C624 1389%2C6241402%2C6241400), specifically step 2. I am doing it now, will be back with an update as soon as I can.

Sosi
09-01-2017, 03:17 AM
Did you get it to work? Did the developers get back to you?
Mine fails at about 50% every time I try to download.
Sent an email, got a ticket number, but haven't heard back in 2 days.

Hi!

Yes, they replied a bit after sending an email. To be honest, I dont remember if I ever got it fixed or not, but here is what they said:

Hi Sosi!

Believe it or not, I've seen this issue happen before on some Android devices -- and it's (usually) pretty easy to fix.
There's a long list of steps here:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/troubleshooter/6241347?hl=en#ts=6241336%2C6241346%2C6241382%2C624 1389%2C6241402%2C6241400

The one that usually fixes the issue is step 2, where you confirm the date and time on your device.

Let me know if you're still having problems after this!

Joel

Aleonymous
09-07-2017, 04:10 PM
For future reference, here is pliz22's work-around for this, as reported in the Discord #bugs channel (2-Sept-2017):

I may have gotten around this problem. I downloaded the game on another device. Used an apk extractor and put it on an SD card and moved it onto this phone. I set the permissions and started the app. It's now downloading the rest of the files. 1.9 gigs looks like.

varsham
03-07-2018, 05:07 PM
Recently brought The Banner Saga from Google Play and it was indeed running smooth on my Note 8 until I updated to Android 8.0. Now whenever I will open the game its simply loading a blank screen and crashing eventually after few seconds. Any help??

Aleonymous
03-08-2018, 03:43 AM
Hi there. I suppose you tried re-installing and freeing up as much memory as possible; if that doesn't work, try contacting help-android@stoicstudio.com for assistance.

stoinis
03-12-2018, 09:29 AM
This problem has happened to me as well. Then I email them and got the solution. :)

chirag
07-06-2018, 11:39 AM
Reinstalling the firmware should get rid of malicious apps installed to the system root, because you're completely replacing the installed firmware. If you just do a factory reset, you're just using the corrupted firmware that's currently on the phone.

phivan
03-16-2019, 03:00 AM
To fix a stuck download on an older Android device, open Settings on your device, then hit Applications and tap Manage applications to bring up a list of all your apps. After that, tap Market, then tap Clear Cache and then hit Force Stop. If you don’t see the Android Market app, then tap on the menu icon > Filter > All.

seoking
04-27-2019, 12:33 PM
Recently brought The Banner Saga from Google Play and it was indeed running smooth on my Note 8 until I updated to Android 8.0. Now whenever I will open the game its simply loading a blank screen and crashing eventually after few seconds. Any help??

This is one of the most common problem user faces. I was having the same issue, so in order to resolve it, just follow the mentioned steps (it worked for me)

1. Un-install the app
2. Delete the cache and other files of the apps (do it via file manager)
3. Restart your phone
4. Re install the app

and the issue will be fixed. Do let me know if you are having problem performing the steps which I have mentioned above or if the problem is still there. Would love to help! :)

Regards, 9Apps (https://get-9apps.com) Vidmate APK (https://installvidmate.com) https://get-cartoonhd.com

seoking
05-10-2019, 03:51 PM
Hi!

I bought this yesterday from the Google Play store. Downloaded the App, launched it, and now it is stuck at 0% with ETA: ??:?? minutes. I have plenty of space on my external card and >3Gb on my internal memory (and the developer says it requires <2Gbs space).

What do I need to do to get this working???

This is one of the most common problem user faces. I was having the same issue, so in order to resolve it, just follow the mentioned steps (it worked for me)

1. Un-install the app
2. Delete the cache and other files of the apps (do it via file manager)
3. Restart your phone
4. Re install the app

and the issue will be fixed. Do let me know if you are having problem performing the steps which I have mentioned above or if the problem is still there. Would love to help! :)

Regards,