PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Dytch's Track Ability

markwojno
04-28-2016, 02:35 AM
It's entirely possible that I'm doing something wrong, but I cannot seem to get Dytch's Track ability to work right. I understand that I have to be standing next to an ally when I activate the ability to become invisible. I also think I'm supposed to be standing next to an ally when I attack (while invisible). But no matter what I do, I do not seem to be 'ignoring' their armor- at least not to the level I should be. Here's an example: Dytch's Track ability is at Level 3 so he should be ignoring 9 armor. I used Track to become invisible and then on my next turn moved next to a new ally and attacked someone with 8 Armor. At Level 3, I should ignore all the Armor and level a hit of 9, since that's Dytch's Strenth. Instead, I end up only getting a damage of 4. That would seem to indicate that Dytch is only operating at Level 1: ignoring 3 of the Armor leaves 5; when you subtract that from Dytch's Strength of 9, you get the 4 attack. Is anyone else having this problem? Am I missing something? (I'm not sure if this is of note, but the actions I described above ocurred in the Training Tent.) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Aleonymous
05-01-2016, 11:11 AM
Hello there. I think you also posted at the Steam forums with this, right?

Is this bug reproducable, every time? I tested Track myself (in a regular combat) and found it to work as intended, on higher ranks. Also, you only have to be standing next to an ally to activate Track (i.e. to become invisible); you can then move freely across the board and attack from whichever tile you want. Moreover, invisibility does not wear off in your next turns, until you attack somebody.

Interestingly, one very strong aspect of Track is that you can use Dytch as a blocker, by positioning him in the path of an AI movement, the enemy unit will bump into him and effectively lose its turn!