PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Community Assistance - Beta Testing TBS1 on Steam

Khatie
11-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Banner Saga 1 is being updated to the latest version of the engine. Quite a bit of cleanup happened under the hood, but also this adds in some improvements that exist in TBS2. We need your help to make sure everything is working properly. Please report bugs and discuss the beta in this thread, or join us on our Steam Forums (http://steamcommunity.com/app/237990/discussions/0/312265782625678528/)!

How do I access Beta?

Right click Banner Saga in your Steam Library
Click on Properties
Navigate to the “BETAS” tab
Use the dropdown menu to select “beta” branch
Download the Update
Launch Banner Saga

Changes in this build:

Final Bellower battle tuned to be less difficult (see below)
Chapter 6 supply opportunities increased (see below)
Upgrade '+' sign shows up on hero icons in heroes tent when appropriate
Extended tooltips in battle
on stat banner, buffs, and items.
on hazards such as slag-and-burn, coals, etc...
Match Resolution:
Consequences tab shows injured units
Achievements tab shows new achievements
Items tab shows newly acquired items
Idling close caravan now uses idle anims for heroes (e.g. at godstones)
Fix missing normal ships after Vognir arrives in Strand
News Ticker on Start Screen (see TBS2 notes)
Injured units to not heal during travel, only when Resting in camp/village
Injured units' str penalty now equals the number of days of injury remaining

A FEW MAJOR CHANGES:

1. Bellower Final Battle

...has been tuned down for normal and easy difficulty.

Bellower's ARM/STR regen during the first battles was +6/+6 per turn

It is now:

Easy: +0/+1 ARM/STR
Normal: +1/+3 ARM/STR
Hard: +6/+6 ARM/STR (same as before)

Bellower's ARM/STR regen during the second battle is still +1/+1 for all difficulties.

2. Chapter 6 Supplies

...towns in the final world travel have more supplies and items for sale:

1. Haukstorp, the first village after Einartoft which was ransacked by dredge (now 50 supplies at 10/renown, and 3 items)
2. The first village past Sigrholm (now has 145 supplies, up from 98), and between 3-5 items.

General Notes

The game needs a full pass, including multiple difficulty settings, with particular attention payed to the complex situations in Frostvellr, Einartoft, and Boersgard. If possible, please compare this beta against the live build on Steam to make sure everything is still working as before.

Based on the upgrades, here are some potential breakages to take special care in watching out for:

Variable Prereqs: things appearing or occurring in the wrong order or not at all. When the player makes a choice, the side effects should correctly affect events in the future just as before.
Variable scene anims: things not animating when they should, or incompletely
Save import. We run a risk of issues importing saves into TBS2. Issues could arise in BOTH SITUATIONS: from older versions of Tbs1 and new version of tbs1... into tbs2.
Units may take on the wrong appearance: look like their TBS2 version instead of TBS1 version
Bellower fight needs extra attention, in all 3 difficulty modes
Talents should be entirely disabled and invisible to the player in every way

Developer Superpowers

You can run the game in developer mode to gain access to a variety of cheats, fast-forwards, bookmark teleports, diagnostics, and other fun stuff. For more information, please see this Banner Saga Developer Cheatsheet (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xXKMaroP1t18BXEKrl0YpFamg-ZN8wPk-vTt0rAq53M/edit).

Patch Changes (2.35.09):

When returning to Frostvellr at the beginning of Chapter 4, supplies are now as they were at the end of chapter 2 (even though time has passed -- let's assume the party has been foraging)
Fix missing Alette description in Heroes tent after final Bellower battle
Fix issue where Rook walks ahead of Juno on the way to Godstone Strahvs
Nid now starts at rank 2 when she joins
Fix issue preventing snow from falling in snowy scenes -- please compare to live game for any discrepancies

Patch Changes (2.35.40):

Console Error can flash on screen when changing game language
[Suggestion] Increase loot drop chance for winning the second wave of a battles.
Change default INT variable range from 1-20 to 0-100
[ES][PT][RU] Insufficient Willpower messaging under the Special Ability button does not appear localized.
[ES][PT][RU] Multiple fly text messages appears as placeholder.
[ES][PT][RU] Consequences display does not appear to be localized.
[ES][PT][RU] Small Party warning dialogue does not appear to be localized. Don't show dialog if translations don't exist
[Suggestion] Varl that join the caravan after the Godstone in chapter 3 should have supplies.

Thank you!

Aleonymous
11-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Lots of stuff you got going there! Sounds like you "sync'd" Saga1 with Saga2 engine, while disabling the extra/new features (e.g. Talents)? We have to be on our toes for such a big "refactoring" of the game engine!

Some points right off the bat:

1. Bellower tweaks should hit the sweet spot. Reducing his Regen rate on Normal definitely makes it easier. Maybe +3ARM/+3STR (you're proposing +1ARM/+3STR) would help maintain some of the challenge...

>2. Concerning the Boersgard last battle, did you per chance implement the "multiple active abilities" for Rook/Alette? You know, just like Eyvind (and most Saga 2 units) to give them access to both their regular active ability (which was disabled) and the Silver-Arrow one? EDIT: I saw you implemented this; nice! :)

3. More supplies on Chapter 6 is cool. Is Haukstorp close to the start of the Chapter?

4. You should also do something about the "fixed 3-days-of-Supplies on Chapter 4 start" issue. Maybe zero the Marketplace supply units on Chapter 2 ending, just like YaK did in his mod?

More once I dig my ax into the game :)

Yellow
11-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Any of Yak's fixes/improvements added to the core game officially? And by association any of these bugs fixed? :

Updated my bug list to include screenshots, as well as added a couple of other bugs...

- Gunnulf starts with 2 skill points in Exertion on the tutorial, but later on he has 0 points on that skill.
- Alette has wrong bio after the battle with Bellower, when she puts the hood up.
http://s14.postimg.org/6amob79m5/Untitled.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/6amob79m5/)
- After the fight with Bellower, during Alette and Iver conversation, Alette's look is different depending on the perspective(On one she has the hood up, on the other she does not)
http://s23.postimg.org/gf36rkhhz/Untitled.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/gf36rkhhz/)
- No varls or fighters join you caravan(add to the total number) when you leave Einartoft, even when the text says that almost half the garrison follows you.
- Udin's caravan don't add any numbers to yours when they join you shortly after leaving Einartoft!
- When Rook and Juno go get the silver from the godstone, in the text it says "Rook woke up following Juno", but in the background picture is the other way around, Juno following Rook.
http://s21.postimg.org/thdq7cryb/Untitled2.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/thdq7cryb/)
- There is a typo when talking to Tryggvi the first time(after leaving SKOGR) He says that we should not trust men with helmets, that they look at "your"(should be you) trough their helmet and lie....
http://s21.postimg.org/4ovqh5h8j/typo.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/4ovqh5h8j/)
- The camp screen does not match the composition of your caravan: Sometimes you have 0 valrs but on the camp screen there are several displayed; sometimes you have more varls than humans, but on the camp screen there is 100 humans for each valr, etc.
http://s21.postimg.org/6vzz52mir/unmatching_description_and_picture.png (http://postimg.org/image/6vzz52mir/)
- The "far travel" caravan on the background, does not match the actual caravan composition(even if your caravan has varls, clansmen and fighters, only one type is displayed on the background picture)(this is hard to notice because of the small size, but once noticeable it breaks immersion)
http://s7.postimg.org/tuel284p3/the_banner_saga_2014_01_17_15_59_23_46.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/tuel284p3/)
- There is a misplaced tree in the background(shortly before Onef betrays you)
http://s22.postimg.org/vkr9vdxv1/Untitled.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/vkr9vdxv1/)
- "Exertion" sometimes gets bugged when your hero has 0 willpower left, even if you use the horn to regain willpower, the character remains unable to use it, as the exertion skill gets stuck on 0 for the current hero until next turn.

+ Nid starts at level 1(she should starts at level 3-5 in stead, since she joins so late and there are so little fights left. (All other Characters that join so late into the game start maxed out already)(not necessarily a bug but rather a suggestion)

Aleonymous
11-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Just played a Bellower fight on Normal and spotted two things:

a. Bellower's back portrait not visible, when going for Last Battle. Only the border red highlight shows, on hover.

b. Last Battle / Phase #2: Was Bello always starting the second phase with 18/18 instead of 20/20 (Normal)? Also, his infobox lists both passives (Indomitable and Enraged), whereas it should list only one (Enraged), no?

John
11-02-2016, 09:36 AM
We're working on fixing these issues today!

John
11-02-2016, 10:15 AM
>2. Concerning the Boersgard last battle, did you per chance implement the "multiple active abilities" for Rook/Alette? You know, just like Eyvind (and most Saga 2 units) to give them access to both their regular active ability (which was disabled) and the Silver-Arrow one? EDIT: I saw you implemented this; nice! :)

The above was an accident, but I guess it's ok to keep?

3. More supplies on Chapter 6 is cool. Is Haukstorp close to the start of the Chapter?

4. You should also do something about the "fixed 3-days-of-Supplies on Chapter 4 start" issue. Maybe zero the Marketplace supply units on Chapter 2 ending, just like YaK did in his mod?

I can deduct the _correct_ amount (based on the number of days elapsed). Does this sound ok?

John
11-02-2016, 10:18 AM
I can deduct the _correct_ amount (based on the number of days elapsed). Does this sound ok?

I suppose this is a bit exploitable... if at the beginning of chapter 4 the correct number of supplies are deducted, but there is no starvation penalty, you would be better off having zero supplies at the end of chapter 2.

Aleonymous
11-02-2016, 04:43 PM

Sure :) It will take some testing to see that everything works as intended though. For the record, I was able to loose the Silver-Arrow with Rook, so that's a good sign. But, I don't recall if I had any Willpower when I activated the ability...

I suppose this is a bit exploitable... if at the beginning of chapter 4 the correct number of supplies are deducted, but there is no starvation penalty, you would be better off having zero supplies at the end of chapter 2.

The most appropriate solution would be this: At the start of Ch4 the player has 3+X days of supplies, where X is the days-of-supplies purchased at the end of Ch2. If that is not possible, I think the other solution (zero supplies at Ch2, equivalent to X=0) is the way to go...

EDIT: Seeing your intentions here (http://steamcommunity.com/app/237990/discussions/0/618459405712557135/?tscn=1478075843#c282992499676646936), I say: Don't do it! :eek: Chapter 3 lasts for several days, so the Skogr caravan is likely to starve to death outside Frostvellr! The "time gap" (Ch2/end...Ch4/start) can be left as it is, without a full explanation, assuming that an indefinite amount of days passed but the caravan managed to sustain itself, somehow.

Yellow
11-02-2016, 06:06 PM
We're working on fixing these issues today!

The 2 that Aleo posted last, or the ones from my list? or both?

I think its great to keep the regular active abilities, the silver arrow should not replace them in my opinion.

Sounds good to me.

Well, we could always add an starvation penalty off-screen if one ends chapter 2 with 0 suplies?

Jude
11-03-2016, 03:24 PM
If you install the beta on steam can you still play the normal branch of the game? I was just thinking about trying to play 2 games side by side and wondering if I could make that work.

Aleonymous
11-03-2016, 03:29 PM
If you install the beta on steam can you still play the normal branch of the game? I was just thinking about trying to play 2 games side by side and wondering if I could make that work.

Um, no. Only one branch is supported at a time. Switching between the branches involves fairly big downloads (~1GB) so it's not so easy...

Aleonymous
11-03-2016, 05:31 PM
@John -- I played the first chapter. Here's some more comments & suggestions:

1. [Suggestion] Confirm Difficulty Level on "Start New Game" -- This would help all those guys that lost the "Hard" achievements for switching after the tutorial...

2. [Suggestion] Skip tutorial fight (Strand Great Hall) -- A fast-forward mode of the fight, without the tooltips would be extra nice.

3. [Inconsistency] Gunnulf 2EXE at Tutorial, 0EXE afterwards-- You could tweak the tutorial to address this slight discrepancy, e.g. have the Shieldbanger perform the exerted movement & attack.

4. [Inconsistency] Nobleman Mead House fight -- Deployment zones are used, but are formally introduced later, in Chapter 2... Deployment zones are also used in Training Tent battles near the end of Chapter 1.

5. [Inconsistency] Nobleman Mead House fight -- HUD displays the Great Morale icon/buff (next to Willpower), but Morale is formally introduced later. Also, why is it that Ubin's mini-caravan has Great Morale? From his monologue in the beginning of the game, one would assume Normal to be more appropriate, story wise.

6. [Inconsistency] Strand, fleets gone? -- After the meeting at the docks the multitude of ships has disappeared from the Strand port.

7. [Suggestion] Close-travel bubble-talk/convo icon -- I think that bubble icon (including the round hero/character portrait in the middle) could be redesigned for a more Viking-esque look.

8. [Check] Morale change flytext -- I got a flytext that "Morale has declined", but the icon/status stayed at "Great". Kinda strange, especially for the first time you're bothered with Morale, before Vendrfell.

9. [Check] Sparring/Training Tent: Kills count for Promotions -- Seems like that Saga2 change found its way to Saga1. Nice :) You should maybe stress this in the patch notes, as a lot of players struggle to get Kills on their heroes from story battles.

Yellow
11-03-2016, 06:16 PM
@John -- I played the first chapter. Here's some more comments & suggestions:

1. Confirm Difficulty Level on "Start New Game" -- This would help all those guys that lost the "Hard" achievements for switching after the tutorial...

2. Skip tutorial fight (Strand Great Hall) -- A fast-forward mode of the fight, without the tooltips would be extra nice.

3. Gunnulf 2EXE inconsistency -- You could tweak the tutorial to address this slight discrepancy, e.g. have the Shieldbanger perform the exerted movement & attack.

4. Nobleman Mean House fight -- Deployment zones are used, but are formally introduced later, in Chapter 2... Deployment zones are also used in Training Tent battles near the end of Chapter 1.

5. Nobleman Mean House fight -- HUD displays the Great Morale icon/buff (next to Willpower), but Morale is formally introduced later. Also, why is it that Ubin's mini-caravan has Great Morale? From his monologue in the beginning of the game, one would assume Normal to be more appropriate, story wise.

6. Strand, fleets gone? -- After the meeting at the docks the multitude of ships has disappeared from the Strand port.

7. Close-travel bubble-talk/convo icon -- I think that bubble icon (including the round hero/character portrait in the middle) could be redesigned for a more Viking-esque look.

8. Morale change flytext -- I got a flytext that "Morale has declined", but the icon/status stayed at "Great". Kinda strange, especially for the first time you're bothered with Morale, before Vendrfell.

9. Sparring/Training Tent: Kills count for Promotions -- Seems like that Saga2 change found its way to Saga1. Nice :) You should maybe stress this in the patch notes, as a lot of players struggle to get Kills on their heroes from story battles.

Good observations and suggestions!

Jude
11-03-2016, 08:14 PM
I'll second the Training Tent kills counting for promotions staying in. I thought that was a great improvement because it can be difficult to get kills with characters who's main role is as a breaker, especially on hard when you have to be serious about fights and can't wait for a different character to get the kill.

I'm starting my play through tomorrow.

Aleonymous
11-04-2016, 05:40 PM
I played Chapter 2 and little of 3. Here's some more comments and suggestions:

10. [Suggestion] Visual Autosave indicator -- It would be nice to know when the game actually saves. Alternatively, some text like "Game last saved X minutes" when you choose to quit/exit?

11. [Suggestion] Starving Dredge fight-- Battle against one enemy only ==> no Pillage mode. That's kinda counter intuitive, given the time you took to explain the turn order in the first tutorial. Better fix it (Saga2/SM turn order!) or explain that it's a "special case".

12. [Suggestion] Supplies tutorial -- It is introduced with Rook & Alette "mini caravan" to Skogr, having zero population... I understand you want the player to know about supplies when he takes those decisions (before, and while in, Skogr), but it feels out of place here. It would be better for the supplies tutorial to take place in Chapter 1, after Ubin+Vognir leave Strand.

13. [Suggestion] Difficulty tutorial/tip -- It would be nice to explicitly tell what changes with the Difficulty settings: enemy stats (ARM & STR) and number/classes.

14. [Check] Item prices -- The rates have dropped to 2R/ItemRank, like in Saga2, instead of the 5R/rank... Intended?

15. [Check] Heroes Tent / Stats -- Clicking or hovering on stat icons should provided some tooltip or info, right? I think it did so... Now, only a sound is heard, on click.

16. [Check] Skogr battle #3 -- When choosing to fight for the supplies and then getting Iver to recapture some of the carts, the ensuing battle takes place on this board (http://www.gameguides.cc/Article/UploadFiles/201512/2015121710002940.jpg). Is this correct? I think the board was once again one with houses etc.

17. [Inconsistency] Chapter 3 start -- It's weird to start with Great Morale, when your caravan leader was just killed by Dredge... Just saying.

Yellow
11-04-2016, 06:22 PM
I played Chapter 2 and little of 3. Here's some more comments and suggestions:

10. Visual Autosave indicator -- It would be nice to know when the game actually saves. Alternatively, some text like "Game last saved X minutes" when you choose to quit/exit?

11. Starving Dredge fight-- Battle against one enemy only ==> no Pillage mode. That's kinda counter intuitive, given the time you took to explain the turn order in the first tutorial. Better fix it (Saga2/SM turn order!) or explain that it's a "special case".

12. Supplies tutorial -- It is introduced with Rook & Alette "mini caravan" to Skogr, having zero population... I understand you want the player to know about supplies when he takes those decisions (before, and while in, Skogr), but it feels out of place here. It would be better for the supplies tutorial to take place in Chapter 1, after Ubin+Vognir leave Strand.

13. Difficulty tutorial/tip -- It would be nice to explicitly tell what changes with the Difficulty settings: enemy stats (ARM & STR) and number/classes.

14. Item prices -- The rates have dropped to 2R/ItemRank, like in Saga2, instead of the 5R/rank... Intended?

15. Heroes Tent / Stats -- Clicking or hovering on stat icons should provided some tooltip or info, right? I think it did so... Now, only a sound is heard, on click.

16. Skogr battle #3 -- When choosing to fight for the supplies and then getting Iver to recapture some of the carts, the ensuing battle takes place on this board (http://www.gameguides.cc/Article/UploadFiles/201512/2015121710002940.jpg). Is this correct? I think the board was once again one with houses etc.

17. Chapter 3 start -- It's weird to start with Great Morale, when your caravan leader was just killed by Dredge... Just saying.

Can we get a reputation botton on the forums? That way i dont have to write a message everytime i agree with greats comments ^^) anyways... +1

John
11-05-2016, 01:57 AM
Updated the Beta. The following changes are now also listed in the first post of this thread. They are here as well for your convenience:

Patch Changes (2.35.09):

When returning to Frostvellr at the beginning of Chapter 4, supplies are now as they were at the end of chapter 2 (even though time has passed -- let's assume the party has been foraging)
Fix issue preventing snow from falling in snowy scenes -- please compare to live game for any discrepancies

Aleonymous
11-05-2016, 07:44 AM
Patch Changes (2.35.09):

Yellow should be happy with these :) A few items to scratch off his list!

Yellow
11-05-2016, 07:57 AM
Updated the Beta. The following changes are now also listed in the first post of this thread. They are here as well for your convenience:

Patch Changes (2.35.09):

Awesome progress!

Yellow should be happy with these :) A few items to scratch off his list!

You almost know me too well :D

Aleonymous
11-05-2016, 03:12 PM
OK, completed Chapter 3 and found a few bugs, both old and new. Marking the important ones in red and the battle-related ones in blue. Oh, they're quite a lot :o

---

18. [Suggestion] "Indisposed heroes"-- Heroes in the caravan but not available for the current battle could appear in the Roster but be marked somehow as "unavailable". It's sometimes frustrating to see heroes you just talked to being unavailable. Also, the grayed-out Roster portraits of Heroes in the Party ain't gray enough, in my opinion...

19. [Bug] Battle stuck-- In a sparring fight, Bersi did a Tempest, Ubin commented on that, but then turn wouldn't pass on to the next enemy unit. The sky-blue circle kept rotating around Bersi. I had to exit training. I can provide logs if you like.

20. [Inconsistency] Talents-- Saw a mention of them in the pre-Promotion pop-up window: "Higher Stats and Talents" together with "Increase your Item Rank" etc

21. [Inconsistency] Player head-count in War was all zeros, for my Varl and Fighters, even though I had hundreds of them. It happened in all Wars.

22. [Suggestion] Wars-- Enemy head-count should be less accurate, for example rounded in to the closest hundred: 1325/1389 Dredge should be referred to as "over 1300" / "close to 1400".

23. [Suggestion] Wars-- Loot drop-chance for winning second waves should be increased. The only reason worth taking 2nd waves is Renown, now that Kills from sparring fights count and assuming that population and Morale effects are negligible. I took on five second waves and got no items. I actually think it should be 100%... Hakon's caravan has too few items and few markets, whereas it fights half a dozen Wars, in Chapter 3.

24. [Inconsistency] War-- Resolution break-down (Promotions, Injuries, Items) does not show for War battles; at least not after winning second waves. Only the Kills/Casualties banner is shown, and then the total Renown.

25. [Bug] Battering Ram not causing extra BRK damage from going through other units. It happened at least once, on Griss. I can provide logs.

26. [Check]-- I didn't notice any "+2 Renown" mini-banners when killing high rank enemies, like Dredge Destroyers (blue-variety Scourges). Does it work like in Saga2, or all enemies are +1, flat? EDIT: A Stoneguard Colossus (purple), killed in the Stonesinger fight in Einartoft/Ch4, did produce a "+2 Renown" banner. EDIT#2: OK, I slew a couple of blue Scourge and got "+2 Renown" banners, so I was probably mistaken; strike this one off!

27. [Reminder] Stoneguard Kindle AI is still kinda buggy. Honestly, I think that more-often-than-not it's best not to move the Stoneguard if it decides to perform Kindle...

28. [Suggestion] Hero close-travel (caravan) mini-sprites could show when in Camp or in a Town/village; you know standing outside some tent etc.

29. [Inconsistency] Fasolt's promotion portrait is blank in battle-resolution screen.

30. [Suggestion] The Schlid Varl that join you in Chapter 3 don't bring any Supplies at all. Weird, considering there's a couple hundred of them.

31. [Suggestion] Godstones are sometimes hard to see in world-travel mode. Maybe they could have their name written over them, in cyan, like major cities do.

32. [Inconsistency] Ridgehorn fort (close travel) only shows manned and populated by Varl only after you enter the Heroes tent. It should show like that right after you exit the little convo where Hakon tells Mogr to set up defenses and clear any hiding Dredge.

33. [Inconsistency] Slinger variety called "Marksman" is a bit off, since we later find out that they're actually Dredge females.

34. [Suggestion] Grofheim burning should be shown for a longer time, before it cuts out to Chapter 4. It's one of the best scenes in the game and it's literally shown for one second...

35. [Bug] Shieldwall bonus kept even though adjacent Raider was killed: Look how Iver can do zero ARM damage to this green Thrasher, whose remaining 2ARM is most likely from Shieldwall; notice the fallen beige Thrasher. For the record, +WIL did not increase the damage, and I went for it anyhow, and it didn't reduce (so, at least it's consistent!).

---

I also added colors and "tags" to my previous two reports, from Chapters 1 and 2.

Ratatoskr
11-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Glad to see there will be another patch coming, and you've already fixed a few of my issues. In fact, I'm very happy to see the Chapter 4 supply changes and including training kills for promotions would be great. As would increasing the second wave item drops.

I've actually been keeping a running list of bugs/suggestions/things that seem like errors from my most recent GOG play through, so I figure I'll post it here too. I'm curious to see if anyone else has hit similar issues, though I have deleted things that have already been mentioned. The second half is for the Banner Saga 2, but I figure they're related and some of the things I mentioned should probably be considered when importing saves. Particularly the Yrsa issue.

Banner Saga 1

Errors/Oddities:
1. The description of Onef's ambush in my game includes him killing Egil even when Egil is already dead

2. Most of Ekkill's dialogue assumes that you met (and probably joined) him in Frostvellr. I usually stay outside the city and meet Onef by ambushing the supply cart (and then choose not to go in) so Ekkill's dialogue can be quite jarring. I find myself wondering how a total stranger knows my name.

3. Even if you save the chief, he's never mentioned again and I'd like to know I'm not cheating on him with Oddlief later on. If he's dead or we left him somewhere, a quick message would suffice.

Suggestions:

1. I know you can mod the game to include Trygvvi and I intend to, but ideally there would be an easier way to get him for us Kickstarter backers who don't use Steam.

2. This may not be possible, but I'd really love a retroactive addition of the clansmen bonus to the first game. I always try to keep my caravan from starving because I feel horribly guilty if they do, but it would be nice if there was an in game bonus for doing so.

3. I would really like my crest banner to always appear in camp either as the option or the default. There are so many cool options, it seems a shame that it only shows up with Rook.

Banner Saga 2

Bugs:
1. (both games actually) The potential damage on Raidmasters doesn't always read correctly. Sometimes it will show up as zero even when he hasn't used his ability and attacking him still does normal damage. Unfortunately I haven't found a consistent way to replicate this, but it happened most recently in Battle 10 of Survival Mode.

2. If I kill an enemy with the very specific combination of using Impale to move them and trigger Alette's Overwatch ability, my turn doesn't end properly. It will switch to the next character eventually if I don't touch anything, but it takes much longer than it should.

3. If Eyeless possesses Yrsa and then uses Slag & Burn, I cannot seem to attack enemies who are standing on her coals. Trying to click them just gives me the coal description instead.

4. Crest banner in camp seems to be missing.

Errors:
1. This may not actually be an error, but it seems weird that Yrsa returns in Chapter 8 even if she was lost with Ludin and Bersi at the tower in the first game rather than disappearing in the forest. If Ludin and his entourage were overrun by dredge, she should probably be dead. At the very least, I'd like an explanation. Currently she still asks Hakon how Ludin died and that makes no sense when she was there.

2. Bersi joining Bolverk doesn't make sense. If there is a reason for him to abandon Ludin, there should be at least one conversation between the varl to explain what that could be.

Suggestions:
1. I would like a list of achievements for the normal game so that I know which ones I've gotten and which ones are left without having to use Steam or look them up online. If nothing else, I sometimes get an achievement without having any idea what it's for and I find that irritating. Even if they were just listed on GOG Galaxy, that would help.

2. I would also like an option to make Bellower see-through in the last battle of survival mode. It's hard enough already without being unable to see my characters because he's standing in the way.

3. Once again, I would really like an option to have the crest banners appear more consistently. I know the ravens have their own banner, but since mine appears in battle, I'd prefer that it appear in camp as well.

stoicmom
11-06-2016, 08:44 AM
I am playing on easy (cause I didn't think any one else would) . . . I am on the top for the tower after crossing bridge and in the first fight. Following the battle, I cannot move on with the game because when I click the continue button, I get no results. I am stuck here.

Aleonymous
11-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Chapter 4 and 5 completed. More stuff:

36. [Suggestion] Morale fluctuates too often, mostly by small changes, while not affecting the state of morale (Great-Good-Normal-Weak-Poor). I recommend you revise your HUD to include a continuous meter, e.g. like the day-counter circle but around the morale "face"; whenever morale changes you can just discretely flash that part of the HUD. Moreover, applying a -10 Morale at the end of each day on the road is bit "gamey"; I recommend you apply a -1 per tenth of the day, w/o the flytext (unless the Morale state changes).

37. [Inconsistency] Krumr, the legendary Varl warrior, starting at Rank 1? Sounds kinda weird... I can understand Iver/Yngvar starting at low rank, given that he's the only varl around humans (so he's the strongest unit) and that he's rusty from his long absence from the "art of war".

38. [Suggestion] Training Tent matches should be skippable from the "Assemble Heroes" screen, without having to actually get into the battle.

39. [Inconsistency] Backbiter veteran portrait/sprite is that of Dagr, from Saga2.

40. [Bug] Battle stuck (turn wouldn't pass on) after the Dagr-looking BB veteran did a Run-Through.

41. [Suggestion] Equipped item icon/thumbnail could show on bottom-left portrait-corner, instead of the generic golden-ring icon. Alternatively, hovering over the golden-ring could show a tooltip with the item description.

42. [Inconsistency] Stonesingers should give more than +1 Renown. One serves as a mini-boss in the end of Ch4, so it's the very least you could do, to add a few more Renown on his corpse!

43. [Balance] Einartoft bridge fights in Ch5 do not seem to escalate in difficulty; I'd have expected the last one (when Iver rejoins and Fasolt is assumed dead) to be much more difficult.

44. [Inconsistency] Caravan population does not increase: [1] after leaving Einartoft (text says "many varl join you") and [2] when Ubin catches up (text says "I bring many fighters"). These have been mentioned by other players lots of times.

Ratatoskr
11-06-2016, 03:31 PM
A few more things. Mostly suggestions but a few errors.... And I mostly play on normal if that makes a difference.

Errors:

1. It looks like my most recent GOG save has fixed the Egil/Onef ambush issue. It's just the direct download game that still has it. But my direct download somehow linked itself to steam after the last patch so it may not be the best example. Still this is a reminder to check all the different versions.

Also, in the same ambush (with Egil dead), it seems weird that the text says Oddleif is dead and then she's not dead later. Even just changing it to, “you think Oddleif is dead” or something similar would help.

Finally, would it be possible to give Rook a wound after Onef stabs him? It's always seemed like a strange inconsistency that he isn't bleeding in his conversation with Alette.

2. In the conversation with Nid after you get her, she talks about Ekkill killing her husband and traveling with you even when Ekkill isn't with you. Not sure if this is fixed on Steam, but it's definitely still around in at least one of my games.

Also, thinking about the issue with importing games without Yrsa, I guess game 1 just needs a differentiation between "gone in the forest Yrsa" and "dead in the tower Yrsa" for when you import. Currently, both give you the "Yrsa comes back with scars result" and that still seems wrong.

Suggestions:

1. In game achievements (again for us non-steam people)

2. I second skipping or expediting the tutorial; I'm working on about 10+ variations at this point and I could probably do it in my sleep.

3. I also feel like you may have nerfed normal Bellower a little too much and think +3/+3 might be better. But then again, I've always played a break focused game and never found him all that hard.

4. I actually liked the fact that your people could heal by traveling in BS 1 and was sorry to see it go. But I suppose if the last half of the game isn't such a starvation-fest, the change will be all right.

5. Speaking of starvation, the game gets a little weird if you let your entire caravan die and then keep playing. I know most people won't do this but you can and a lot of things stop making sense.

6. I agree that we should see Grofheim burning longer. Let the image really sink in. Though I'm not sure how I feel about have the map label written there. I definitely found it jarring the first time.

7. Also, just, what does the view stats button even do? If the answer is nothing for the GOG version, I'd kind of like it to disappear.

8. It would be nice if the description of the person I'm attacking always disappeared once my attack starts. Currently the description disappears if I use an ability but remains on the screen if I attack strength or armor and it sometimes covers up the animations. Plus I usually play on windowed mode and space is at a premium.

9. When you start with low willpower due to poor morale, you should be able to rest back up to your maximum. Currently, resting does nothing unless you've already used at least one willpower, which could actually be a bug if that's not intentional.

10. If you don't want to show the same crest banner in camp for the whole game, let me pick two - one for Rook and one for Hakon.

Aleonymous
11-06-2016, 05:36 PM
Hey there Rata :) Good to see some backers back here (apart from stoicmom, of courss)! Some notes on the points you raised:

a. Steam should be the most updated version of the game. The GOG version and, especially, the downloadable DRM-free (for you backers) could be outdated.

b. On Willpower Penalty from low Morale: I think that not being able to raise your Willpower by Resting (on first rounds of battle) is an intentional mechanic. Else, the system is easily exploitable when you have "convenient" deployment zones (which happens quite often).

c. I agree that the whole Crests/Banners things needs to be more pronounced, especially in Saga2. It helps make the Saga more personal, and not just an adventure through the eyes of "strangers".

Ratatoskr
11-06-2016, 08:04 PM
Hi there :) I should probably check in more often but I don't have consistent internet anymore. That's one reason I mostly play Banner Saga on GOG these days. And that game is actually fully patched to what they have at least.

a- Yeah, I figured Steam was the most updated. But I thought I'd mention a few of the issues I've seen just in case they're still around. A nudge to have testers check on Nid and Ekkill's dialogue if nothing else. And some bugs may react differently between different versions. I've kind of given up on my DRM free download ever since it somehow linked itself to Steam (I have every Steam achievement without ever installing the game, which is a neat trick) but there are probably some people who still use it.

b- it may well be intentional, but it's still annoying. If I'm starting with 2 out of 5 willlpower, I feel like I should be able to rest in order to regain it. Or at least get a message saying it's not possible like when you try to use the horn on a character with full willpower.

c. Glad I'm not the only one who wants more of the Crests. And especially in 2 sounds right. I don't know if it was a glitch, but when I camped with Rook my banner often wasn't there. I can understand Bolverk having the Raven banner instead (although, in that case, he should probably have a raven symbol in battle as well), but Rook should definitely have mine.

John
11-06-2016, 09:42 PM
18. [Suggestion] "Indisposed heroes"-- Heroes in the caravan but not available for the current battle could appear in the Roster but be marked somehow as "unavailable". It's sometimes frustrating to see heroes you just talked to being unavailable. Also, the grayed-out Roster portraits of Heroes in the Party ain't gray enough, in my opinion...

Good suggestion for the backlog, not in scope for this update.

19. [Bug] Battle stuck-- In a sparring fight, Bersi did a Tempest, Ubin commented on that, but then turn wouldn't pass on to the next enemy unit. The sky-blue circle kept rotating around Bersi. I had to exit training. I can provide logs if you like.

Yes, logs would be great. Please send them to help@stoicstudio.com, reference this thread, and tell them to make a QA ticket for it ASAP. It will go into the next round of testing.

20. [Inconsistency] Talents-- Saw a mention of them in the pre-Promotion pop-up window: "Higher Stats and Talents" together with "Increase your Item Rank" etc

Will fix

21. [Inconsistency] Player head-count in War was all zeros, for my Varl and Fighters, even though I had hundreds of them. It happened in all Wars.

Will fix

22. [Suggestion] Wars-- Enemy head-count should be less accurate, for example rounded in to the closest hundred: 1325/1389 Dredge should be referred to as "over 1300" / "close to 1400".

Out of scope

23. [Suggestion] Wars-- Loot drop-chance for winning second waves should be increased. The only reason worth taking 2nd waves is Renown, now that Kills from sparring fights count and assuming that population and Morale effects are negligible. I took on five second waves and got no items. I actually think it should be 100%... Hakon's caravan has too few items and few markets, whereas it fights half a dozen Wars, in Chapter 3.

Will do

24. [Inconsistency] War-- Resolution break-down (Promotions, Injuries, Items) does not show for War battles; at least not after winning second waves. Only the Kills/Casualties banner is shown, and then the total Renown.

Might defer fix to next update

25. [Bug] Battering Ram not causing extra BRK damage from going through other units. It happened at least once, on Griss. I can provide logs.

As above, please send them to help@stoicstudio.com, reference this thread, and tell them to make a QA ticket for it ASAP. It will go into the next round of testing.

26. [Check]-- I didn't notice any "+2 Renown" mini-banners when killing high rank enemies, like Dredge Destroyers (blue-variety Scourges). Does it work like in Saga2, or all enemies are +1, flat? EDIT: A Stoneguard Colossus (purple), killed in the Stonesinger fight in Einartoft/Ch4, did produce a "+2 Renown" banner.

Hmm, this should be working. Dredge Scourge ent_dredge_scourge_3 "Scourge Destroyer" are indeed rank 2. You can double check with the 'battle entities' console command.

27. [Reminder] Stoneguard Kindle AI is still kinda buggy. Honestly, I think that more-often-than-not it's best not to move the Stoneguard if it decides to perform Kindle...

Yeah Kindle is pretty stupidly used most of the time. It's on the backlog, probably out of scope for this build.

28. [Suggestion] Hero close-travel (caravan) mini-sprites could show when in Camp or in a Town/village; you know standing outside some tent etc.

Backlog

29. [Inconsistency] Fasolt's promotion portrait is blank in battle-resolution screen.

Will fix

30. [Suggestion] The Schlid Varl that join you in Chapter 3 don't bring any Supplies at all. Weird, considering there's a couple hundred of them.

Will fix.. although you probably have plenty o' supplies in chapter 3 anyway, no?

31. [Suggestion] Godstones are sometimes hard to see in world-travel mode. Maybe they could have their name written over them, in cyan, like major cities do.

Backlog

32. [Inconsistency] Ridgehorn fort (close travel) only shows manned and populated by Varl only after you enter the Heroes tent. It should show like that right after you exit the little convo where Hakon tells Mogr to set up defenses and clear any hiding Dredge.

Backlog

33. [Inconsistency] Slinger variety called "Marksman" is a bit off, since we later find out that they're actually Dredge females.

It's probably ok, because the characters probably assume they are male, if anything.

34. [Suggestion] Grofheim burning should be shown for a longer time, before it cuts out to Chapter 4. It's one of the best scenes in the game and it's literally shown for one second...

Will fix

35. [Bug] Shieldwall bonus kept even though adjacent Raider was killed: Look how Iver can do zero ARM damage to this green Thrasher, whose remaining 2ARM is most likely from Shieldwall; notice the fallen beige Thrasher. For the record, +WIL did not increase the damage, and I went for it anyhow, and it didn't reduce (so, at least it's consistent!).

Please send to help@stoicstudio.com for addition to the testing pass. Will try to fix.

Aleonymous
11-07-2016, 03:30 AM
Thanks for the response, John. I will try to locate the logs containing the three battle bugs in questions and email them to you. As for some of the other points:

26. (+2 Renown banners) -- I killed a few more purple Stoneguard and got +2 banners. So, maybe I didn't pay close attention, or the blue Scourge on Ridgehorn tower top is a different entity? Will try to double check.
30. (Chapter 3 supplies) -- Yes, supplies are not an issue in this chapter.
33. (Slinger Marksman) -- True.

Also, in case you missed them, I'm re-listing the most pertinent points from my other two posts (1-9 (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?3794-Requesting-Community-Assistance-Beta-Testing-TBS1-on-Steam&p=32549&viewfull=1#post32549) and 10-17 (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?3794-Requesting-Community-Assistance-Beta-Testing-TBS1-on-Steam&p=32552&viewfull=1#post32552))

9. [Check] Sparring/Training Tent: Kills count for Promotions -- Seems like that Saga2 change found its way to Saga1. Nice :) You should maybe stress this in the patch notes, as a lot of players struggle to get Kills on their heroes from story battles.

14. [Check] Item prices -- The rates have dropped to 2R/ItemRank, like in Saga2, instead of the 5R/rank... Intended?

16. [Check] Skogr battle #3 -- When choosing to fight for the supplies and then getting Iver to recapture some of the carts, the ensuing battle takes place on this board (http://www.gameguides.cc/Article/UploadFiles/201512/2015121710002940.jpg). Is this correct? I think the board was once again one with houses etc.

---

EDIT: Logs for battle bugs #19, 25 & 35 were unfortunately overwritten and thus lost :( You should have more log files, or at least "pack" (zip) the old ones and only dump them after 2 weeks or so. Anyway, I'll only email you the log for bug #40 (a Run Through that got the battle stuck).

Aleonymous
11-07-2016, 03:35 AM
Hi there :) I should probably check in more often but I don't have consistent internet anymore. That's one reason I mostly play Banner Saga on GOG these days. And that game is actually fully patched to what they have at least.

a- Yeah, I figured Steam was the most updated. But I thought I'd mention a few of the issues I've seen just in case they're still around. A nudge to have testers check on Nid and Ekkill's dialogue if nothing else. And some bugs may react differently between different versions. I've kind of given up on my DRM free download ever since it somehow linked itself to Steam (I have every Steam achievement without ever installing the game, which is a neat trick) but there are probably some people who still use it.

b- it may well be intentional, but it's still annoying. If I'm starting with 2 out of 5 willlpower, I feel like I should be able to rest in order to regain it. Or at least get a message saying it's not possible like when you try to use the horn on a character with full willpower.

c. Glad I'm not the only one who wants more of the Crests. And especially in 2 sounds right. I don't know if it was a glitch, but when I camped with Rook my banner often wasn't there. I can understand Bolverk having the Raven banner instead (although, in that case, he should probably have a raven symbol in battle as well), but Rook should definitely have mine.

Not a lot of activity here, but Stoic is obviously trying to shift things into motion with this recent beta-testing round :)

a- I have Ekkill in my current playthrough (chained up, currently in early Chapter 6), so I will have eyes out for the bug you mentioned.
b- I think a message for that would be the best solution. They could just revise the tooltip-on-hover on the willpower stat icon (the morale "face") to include this information.
c- Folka seems to hold the Ravens heraldry, whereas Bolverk is just... Bloodaxing! :p

Ratatoskr
11-07-2016, 09:46 AM
Not a lot of activity here, but Stoic is obviously trying to shift things into motion with this recent beta-testing round :)

a- I have Ekkill in my current playthrough (chained up, currently in early Chapter 6), so I will have eyes out for the bug you mentioned.
b- I think a message for that would be the best solution. They could just revise the tooltip-on-hover on the willpower stat icon (the morale "face") to include this information.
c- Folka seems to hold the Ravens heraldry, whereas Bolverk is just... Bloodaxing! :p

a. For Nid's conversation, you actually need a game without Ekkill to see if she still mentions him. I guess you could kill him after the ambush so he isn't around.
Depending on how you got him, you could also check some of the dialogue. The most recent one I noticed was that Ekkill talks about attacking me in Frostvellr after Onef's ambush even though I never went into the city and that never happened.

b. a message would be fine with me. I'd just like something so I don't waste a bunch of turns trying to rest before I notice.

I wonder if I should go back through and color code my posts as well since I didn't get a response from John this last time :)

John
11-07-2016, 11:02 AM
A few more things. Mostly suggestions but a few errors.... And I mostly play on normal if that makes a difference.

Errors:

1. It looks like my most recent GOG save has fixed the Egil/Onef ambush issue. It's just the direct download game that still has it. But my direct download somehow linked itself to steam after the last patch so it may not be the best example. Still this is a reminder to check all the different versions.

Also, in the same ambush (with Egil dead), it seems weird that the text says Oddleif is dead and then she's not dead later. Even just changing it to, “you think Oddleif is dead” or something similar would help.

Finally, would it be possible to give Rook a wound after Onef stabs him? It's always seemed like a strange inconsistency that he isn't bleeding in his conversation with Alette.

2. In the conversation with Nid after you get her, she talks about Ekkill killing her husband and traveling with you even when Ekkill isn't with you. Not sure if this is fixed on Steam, but it's definitely still around in at least one of my games.

Also, thinking about the issue with importing games without Yrsa, I guess game 1 just needs a differentiation between "gone in the forest Yrsa" and "dead in the tower Yrsa" for when you import. Currently, both give you the "Yrsa comes back with scars result" and that still seems wrong.

All good points. We probably won't address these in this build, but good fodder for the backlog.

Suggestions:

1. In game achievements (again for us non-steam people)

Agree would be nice. We took a step in that direction with the TBS2 Survival Achievements, but haven't addressed it for general achievements yet.

2. I second skipping or expediting the tutorial; I'm working on about 10+ variations at this point and I could probably do it in my sleep.

We added this functionality to TBS2 so we can probably back-port it into TBS1. Not this update, though.

3. I also feel like you may have nerfed normal Bellower a little too much and think +3/+3 might be better. But then again, I've always played a break focused game and never found him all that hard.

4. I actually liked the fact that your people could heal by traveling in BS 1 and was sorry to see it go. But I suppose if the last half of the game isn't such a starvation-fest, the change will be all right.

Maybe... but fully 1/2 of players who make it to Bellower don't ever beat him. That means they don't see the end of the first game, nor continue on to the second game. That's a pretty tight funnel.

5. Speaking of starvation, the game gets a little weird if you let your entire caravan die and then keep playing. I know most people won't do this but you can and a lot of things stop making sense.

6. I agree that we should see Grofheim burning longer. Let the image really sink in. Though I'm not sure how I feel about have the map label written there. I definitely found it jarring the first time.

Will fix for this build.

7. Also, just, what does the view stats button even do? If the answer is nothing for the GOG version, I'd kind of like it to disappear.

You are correct, it should not be visible on platforms that don't support this.

8. It would be nice if the description of the person I'm attacking always disappeared once my attack starts. Currently the description disappears if I use an ability but remains on the screen if I attack strength or armor and it sometimes covers up the animations. Plus I usually play on windowed mode and space is at a premium.

Agree, this would be a nice improvement. Next update perhaps.

Aleonymous
11-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Arg, that Frostvellr situation! I actually want Ekkill alive, to port my saves in Saga2. But, wait: Nid joins _after_ Onef's betrayal? In this case, I can dispose of Ekkill after the backstabbing, play until Nid joins and check the dialogues; then, I'll load a previous save & replay only a part of Chapter 6 to get back on my tracks.

I suppose John processes these in batches, so not responding doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't read 'em. But, anything to help them optimize (minimize) their time would be appreciated. I started using color-coding after a couple of posts, when I realized that I dragged and babbled quite a bit! :o EDIT: Ninja'd by John :D

YaK
11-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Hey Ratatoskr, the Bug you mentioned is known, i fixed it in my unofficial fixpack:

FIXED If you attack or ambush Onef's in Chapter 2, "ekkilldied" flag is never set, so in some conversations people will act like he is traveling in the caravan when he is not, this also could potentially cause unobvious bug while importing savegame to BS2;

And

FIXED If you stayed inside, losing the battle in which you steal Ekkill's supplies with Onef's help, will not set the aforementioned "ekkilldied" flag, with the same issues;

But for now, it seems John is focusing on addressing the unobvious bugs that are rising after the porting of BS1 on Saga2 engine.

YaK
11-07-2016, 11:11 AM
Argh, too late! Sorry if my posts seems a bit out of place, i am writing from a 2011's htc shooter smartphone. Every time i start writing something, there is enough time in between to let a couple patch out :)

Ratatoskr
11-07-2016, 11:12 AM
Thanks John. That all sounds good to me. I don't expect everything on this build, but I figured it's better to mention it all than to leave something out.

I didn't realize the stats were that bad on Bellower. I guess I'll just play his fight on hard. Not losing new players is a pretty good reason to make things easier :)
I'd rather have more people playing anyway.

Also, considering that my caravan has been starving for about half a chapter now (my Rook caravan is pretty much always starving before and after Eintaroft), I am definitely looking forward to the changes in supplies. Although, I may have to let them all die at some point just to see the weirdness. My brother is the one who did that and apparently things get strange.

Ratatoskr
11-07-2016, 11:23 AM
Arg, that Frostvellr situation! I actually want Ekkill alive, to port my saves in Saga2. But, wait: Nid joins _after_ Onef's betrayal? In this case, I can dispose of Ekkill after the backstabbing, play until Nid joins and check the dialogues; then, I'll load a previous save & replay only a part of Chapter 6 to get back on my tracks.

I suppose John processes these in batches, so not responding doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't read 'em. But, anything to help them optimize (minimize) their time would be appreciated. I started using color-coding after a couple of posts, when I realized that I dragged and babbled quite a bit! :o EDIT: Ninja'd by John :D

I'm 90% certain that the conversation with Nid occurs after the ambush since it literally just happened in my game. She actually joins a little earlier but she doesn't talk to you then. Of course, given how many different games I have going at the same time, my timing could be a little off. But I know I had the same conversation in the game where I killed everyone (except Nid and Eirik) and found it very strange.

Ratatoskr
11-07-2016, 11:27 AM
Hey Ratatoskr, the Bug you mentioned is known, i fixed it in my unofficial fixpack:

FIXED If you attack or ambush Onef's in Chapter 2, "ekkilldied" flag is never set, so in some conversations people will act like he is traveling in the caravan when he is not, this also could potentially cause unobvious bug while importing savegame to BS2;

And

FIXED If you stayed inside, losing the battle in which you steal Ekkill's supplies with Onef's help, will not set the aforementioned "ekkilldied" flag, with the same issues;

But for now, it seems John is focusing on addressing the unobvious bugs that are rising after the porting of BS1 on Saga2 engine.

So... where might I be able to find this unofficial Fixpack? I haven't tried importing one of my saves where Eikill should be dead into 2 yet. I'll have to see if he still shows up.

Edit: It does look like some of your Fixpack issues have already been fixed with the latest patch, which is nice to see.

YaK
11-07-2016, 11:39 AM
Search for "Spare Some Love To Banner Saga 1" thread, in The Longhouse subsection of this forum. There are several bugs like that fixed, so conparing to that list, we could focus on spotting new ones or suggestions.

Aleonymous
11-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Chapter 6 is done. Here's a few more things:

45. [Suggestion] Roster should indicate when a hero has un-allocated stat points. Maybe a red cross, whereas the cyan cross denotes that hero is ready for promotion. Am saying this because at least two heroes (Eyvind and Nid) come with points to spend, that can go unnoticed.

46. [Check] Item Rank color-coding follow the Saga2 scheme, i.e. R1-2:grey, R3-4:green, R5:blue. It used to be: {1,2,3,4,5}:{grey,green,blue,purple,red}.

47. [Suggestion] Flytext for Hero {joined, departed, died, unavailable} would be nice to have, to reduce frustration from heroes suddenly gone missing.

48. [Inconsistency] During the Onef mutiny event, some text mentions "night", near the beginning of the poppening maybe.

49. [Inconsistency] After Onef's mutiny event, Ekkill shows up in Roster before the camp-convo where you have the option to "unbind" him, thus releasing him from his prisoner state.

50. [Balance] Normal gets rather easy near the end of Chapter 6, if you got 3+ Varl Warriors around. I admit to "power-playing" the game (choosing the best outcomes in most events), but I've rarely felt as challenged as I did in the earlier Chapters (2,4). The extra supplies (especially at Haukstorp) are more than welcome though; I managed to keep my caravan well provisioned, without cutting down Renown expenses for Promotions :)

Ratatoskr
11-08-2016, 09:32 PM
I agree with suggestions 45 and 47 for sure. Although, as someone who usually spends the entirely of chapter 6 starving to death and accidentally ditched Krumr this time around, the chapter isn't necessarily that easy depending on your choices.

And a few more potential errors:

1. Typo?: When Bolverk lets you into Boersgard (with Sigbjorn in your party), the end of the paragraph reads: “You hear a laugh echoing on the wind as the doors creak. A dozen armed men led by the massive varl make quick work of the dredge, and usher you into the city” Shouldn't that be, “the doors creak open” instead?

2. Word choice: In the last conversation between Rook and Alette, Rook should probably say “What will you do when Bellower comes straight for the person holding the only thing that can destroy him?” instead of “What do you do when Bellower comes straight for the person holding the only thing that can destroy him?” As written, that phrase has always sounded really weird to me.

3. Inconsistency: The icon of Alette should change to show her hood up after the battle with Bellower.

However, the latest GOG patch seems to have already fixed the issue with her description at that point and her image not having the hood up from behind in the conversation with Iver.

stoicmom
11-09-2016, 09:26 AM
After another attempt at the same battle atop the tower, I lost 2 varl. I was able to move on with the game, however. The continue button worked. When the next battle opportunity came at the base of the tower, and setting up in the barracks, all the units were there and the two varl that went down in the previous battle were ready for battle with no injuries showing for either one.

The other thing that I have found consistently is upon accepting a follow up battle immediately after the first, no number shows at the base of enemy units for the amount of damage that can be inflicted on that unit. That is important to me in play when deciding which unit to attack or make a different choice of a move.

Ratatoskr
11-09-2016, 09:33 AM
After another attempt at the same battle atop the tower, I lost 2 varl. I was able to move on with the game, however. The continue button worked. When the next battle opportunity came at the base of the tower, and setting up in the barracks, all the units were there and the two varl that went down in the previous battle were ready for battle with no injuries showing for either one.

The other thing that I have found consistently is upon accepting a follow up battle immediately after the first, no number shows at the base of enemy units for the amount of damage that can be inflicted on that unit. That is important to me in play when deciding which unit to attack or make a different choice of a move.

The lack of injuries may be because you're playing on easy. My brother had the same thing happen when he changed the difficulty on accident so I believe that's one of the things it does. But the other definitely sounds like a glitch.

Aleonymous
11-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Completed Chapter 7. So, a couple more things to wrap this up:

51. [Inconsistency] Thunder is heard while in Boersgard, but the atmosphere seems relatively clear with the occasional snowflakes. Surely not rain. Or is it some Sundr the cause of that?

52. [Inconsistency] After Rook's death, Alette's square icon shows without her hood (mention by Rata as well). This happened during a brief poppening text, with Alette returning to the city after the battle. She's with hood in dialogue scenes (front and back) and in the Roster and Hero screens.

53. Stonesingers should yield more than +1 Renown; +2 or even +3.

54. [Balance/Suggestion] Final battle has no resolution screen, nor does it give any Renown/Morale-boost at all. Also, the "+1 Renown" on killing Bellower is kinda ridiculous; remove it or customize it to something special, for example, the HUD could be entirely disabled as Bellower crumbles to his knees and drops face-down in the dirt. Finally, in view of Saga2, it'd be cool to get a special item from Bellower, like a plate from his crimson armor or spear; item bonuses could be something related to Bellower, e.g. +1STR/+1BRK to melee damage and (maybe) knockback too.

55. [Inconsistency] "Resume" save slot has wrong (abritrary?) screenshot associated with it.

56. [Suggestion] Saves should be sortable by real-time (last saved) or game-time (location in the story -- not "Day" counter!), within each profile.

[B]57. [Check] Saves not import-able into Saga2. Finale save exists, but Saga2 says "it's from an incomplete game" etc. EDIT: I replayed Saga1 from Stravhs, took same decision for Silver-Arrow, beat Bello on Hard, and saves were now properly imported :)

58. [Consistency] Silver Arrow ability with zero Willpower shows up "shaded", but it can nonetheless be activated & used (and shows no "No Willpower" warning in red, like the regular ability).

59. [Battle Bug] Damage indicator w/ Puncture gets messed up (reverts to regular damage) if Willpower is added, in the popup where you choose between STR or BRK attack. The damage done is nonetheless the correct (i.e. w/ Puncture bonus).

---

I played the whole game on Normal. Gonna redo the final battle on Easy and Hard, just to see how it plays.

EDIT: Added 55-57, then 58-59.

Aleonymous
11-12-2016, 09:54 AM
ICYMI: Two posts with bugs found by YaK on Steam:

Chapter 1 (Tutorial, Vedrfell) (http://steamcommunity.com/app/237990/discussions/0/312265782625678528/?tscn=1478881059#c224446432329692507)
Chapter 7 (Boersgard) (http://steamcommunity.com/app/237990/discussions/0/312265782625678528/?tscn=1478881059#c224446432329399315)

Ratatoskr
11-12-2016, 04:11 PM
I've started another run-through on hard just to do a sweep. Here's what I've found so far (it may be mostly typos. But I figure you can ignore those parts until you're ready to deal with that sort of nit-picking). I added color to some of the more important ones.

1. Typo: In the conversation between Ubin and Eirik after the battle at Nobleman, Ubin says “Ah, things makes a little more sense.” That should be, “...things make a little more sense...”

2. Typo: In the description of Mogr right before your caravan leaves Strand, he's described as Vognir's quarter master. I believe that should quartermaster without the space.

3. Typo/Inconsistency: In the map description of Spine Isles near Strand, Denglrs Bay has no apostrophe. In the map description of the Left and Right Foot, it's called Denglr Bay instead. It's Denglrs Bay on the map but Denglr's Bay in its description. The correct cartographic form would be Denglrs Bay but as long as you're consistent any of them would probably work. And yes, I have read your entire map.

4. Suggestion: The Share App and Buy Soundtrack buttons don't seem to do anything on the GOG version either. I'd like them removed along with View Stats.

5. Inconsistency: When characters get little thumbnail pictures is not consistent. They always get them when they speak from offscreen, but they sometimes get them when they're on screen as well. Not a huge deal, but it can be a little confusing.

6. Suggestion: Make it more obvious when Vognir leaves the conversation at Vedrfell. It's easy to miss and if you do, it's a little jarring when he's suddenly dead a few seconds later.

7. Suggestion: At the start of chapter 2, the map should be more centered over Ubin's picture before it moves to Skogr. His image is kind of off to left for me.

8. Suggestion: I'd like to second Aleo's suggestion of starting the Starving Dredge battle in Pillage Mode for consistency.

9. Inconsistency: Egil talks about promising to protect Alette in your first conversation even if you didn't let them fight at the houses and he never said that.

10. Typo?: If you choose to side with Hogun and Mogun after the first village, the last line before the fight reads: “As you pull your axe, Alette is nowhere to be seen.” Should it be, “As you pull <i>out</i> your axe...” instead?

11. Bug: Toward the end of the fight to get inside Frostvellr (if I shove open the gate), I suddenly stopped being able to do armor damage to one of the Thrashers even though he had two armor left. I could still do regular damage just fine.

12. Typo: In the beginning of chapter 3 at the end of the conversation with Ludin, there's an apostrophe missing when Hakon says, “I could crush the boys skull with one hand.”

Aleonymous
11-12-2016, 05:17 PM
Yes, I have read your entire map.
Eeeek! :eek:

11. Bug: Toward the end of the fight to get inside Frostvellr (if I shove open the gate), I suddenly stopped being able to do armor damage to one of the Thrashers even though he had two armor left. I could still do regular damage just fine.
Had the exact same problem, on the same board; it's #35 on my list. If you have the log-files, do follow John's instructions (email them to QA etc), because mine got overwritten/lost by the time he responded.

Ratatoskr
11-14-2016, 09:57 AM
Had the exact same problem, on the same board; it's #35 on my list. If you have the log-files, do follow John's instructions (email them to QA etc), because mine got overwritten/lost by the time he responded.

Dang, I guess I missed that when I scanned through the list of other bugs. And I'll have to try repeating that board until the glitch appears again because I managed to overwrite mine too (it seems to be catching). Which actually gives me a suggestion...

Suggestion: Can we please have some sort of autosave at the beginning of Chapter 3? Every time I miss a piece of dialogue in Hakon's opening conversation and reload without thinking, I have to go all the way back to the beginning of Frostvellr.

Ratatoskr
11-15-2016, 10:26 AM
Yeah, it's me again. This post is entirely about the map. I went back through the entire thing again just to be thorough because I was a geography major and maps are what I like. It's mostly typos but there are a few questions as well. And presumably, if you used the same map, these also apply to game 2. Feel free to ignore me (and all my ridiculously long posts) until a better time.

A. The strait of harrows is misspelled straight toward the end of its description.

B. Valkajokull – inconsistent in tense again, though that could be intentional. Also, the middle sentence is a bit unclear. It should probably say: “others believe the dredge were forced...” Currently it reads like you might mean the Valka instead.

C. Gimfell Peak's note implies that no varl are still young, but we meet a young varl in game 2.

D. In general, you are inconsistent about apostrophes, both on the map and in the notes.

E. You call Vetur Sea the Winter Sea in its description, is that intentional?

F. Hraun has an extra the in the first sentence of its description so it reads “used to the be the...”

G. Tinsfount – the last sentence should probably read, “Any travelers...”

H. Swartbog – In the last sentence it should be unwary not unweary.

I. Graywater Sea – Missing word in first sentence. Should be “..miserable body of water...”

J. Gruin Sea – Typo on nauseous in the second sentence.

K. Mireway River – typo in first sentence. Should be “...simply abandon...” not “simple abandon...”

L. The Armsbeck – typo in first sentence on the word northward.

M. Sweinnsfeed – Typo in first sentence on the word cultivate.

N. Tistel – There appears to be an extra that in the last sentence. You don't need the second one and it sounds weird with it there.

O. Rake's Crossing – Missing word in the 4th line. Should probably read “...easier access to take their goods...”

P. Rotfjord – typo in 3rd line. Should be, “By the time they reach their end...”

Q. Grenilund – is this town supposed to have a description? All the others do.

R. Lundar – missing apostrophe on kings in second line.

S. Ongullstaddr – it's odd that Bay is capitalized in the 3rd line. Unless it was supposed to say Fiska Bay instead.

T. Longships – typo on murky in the last line.

U. Inconsistency: the Menders is sometimes capitalized and sometimes not. Also, shouldn't the possessive of menders be menders' not mender's? It's mostly mender's on the map but Ubin uses the capital when talking about the banner in Arberrang at the start of Chapter 3.

Ratatoskr
11-15-2016, 10:33 AM
And here's the post with actual bugs. I emailed a log that should cover #11 and #3 already so hopefully you have them. I'm not sure if 7 is a bug or not, but it was the same game so you may be able to find it in the same log as well. Oh, and this game was all on hard. If I get the chance, I'll see if I get the same bugs on normal or easy.

1. Inconsistency?: This isn't an error as much as something that has always confused me. How long did Hakon know Vognir? Because when they first arrive in Strand Ubin implies that Hakon and Vognir were a unit and were known for fighting together in the second war. But in the beginning of Chapter 3, Hakon tells Ubin that the older varl knew Vognir longer than he did. Which statement is true? Or are they both true somehow?

2. Typo: Chapter 3. When Hakon's caravan encounters the first set of merchants before Denglr's godstone, the merchant says. “Dredge start appearing out of nowhere. Some of us stayed...” I believe that should be: “Dredge started appearing out of nowhere...” so that it's all past tense.

3. Bug: I'm also getting the glitch where the potential damage stops appearing if you decide to kill a few more dredge before they flee in any battle. Enemies' potential damage to my characters doesn't appear either. The only way to see possible damage is to actually start an attack.

4. Typo: Chapter 3, the village before Denglr's godstone, after you rescue the people from underneath the hatch, in option 3 it says, “They're paralyzed with fear, and loss of their homes...” Shouldn't that be: “They're paralyzed with fear and the loss of their homes...”?

6. Inconsistency: Chapter 3. When talking to Fasolt. If you try to go to Grofheim (option 3), you can't and the dialogue references a dream. Specifically: “You're getting that tingly feeling, like before. Like the dream.” To which I can only ask, what dream? Seriously, I have no idea what it's talking about unless I'm forgetting something important. Also, since the last line is: “Ludin's inane barking pulls you back,” it's weird that Fasolt talks next.

7. Bug?: This may be intentional, but if you hit the same Slag Slinger more than once in-between their turns, they only move after the first hit. (I first noticed this in the battle before Dengler's godstone). If this is intentional, the description is misleading.

8. Suggestion: A way to escape out of promotions after clicking on the red banner so that you don't have to click continue and then cancel or switch characters.

9. Typo: Chapter 3. When your varl are going back to collect the spilled gold, option 3 seems to be missing a few words in the sentence: “Any future leave will be considered desertion.” I know what you mean, but I don't think that's grammatical.

10. Typo: Chapter 3. In the woods when talking to Yrsa, should there be quotes around “You could set part of the woods on fire...” or did you mean that to be implied when she pats her arrows? It currently reads a bit unclear.

11. Bug: Chapter 3. At the battle in the woods if you attack without lighting anything on fire, game glitched out in terms of order. Instead of alternating, my characters attacked in clumps.

Aleonymous
11-15-2016, 12:00 PM
D. In general, you are inconsistent about apostrophes, both on the map and in the notes.
U. Inconsistency: the Menders is sometimes capitalized and sometimes not. Also, shouldn't the possessive of menders be menders' not mender's? It's mostly mender's on the map but Ubin uses the capital when talking about the banner in Arberrang at the start of Chapter 3.

Those two plague me as well! :D

1. Inconsistency?: This isn't an error as much as something that has always confused me. How long did Hakon know Vognir? Because when they first arrive in Strand Ubin implies that Hakon and Vognir were a unit and were known for fighting together in the second war. But in the beginning of Chapter 3, Hakon tells Ubin that the older varl knew Vognir longer than he did. Which statement is true? Or are they both true somehow?

6. Inconsistency: Chapter 3. When talking to Fasolt. If you try to go to Grofheim (option 3), you can't and the dialogue references a dream. Specifically: “You're getting that tingly feeling, like before. Like the dream.” To which I can only ask, what dream? Seriously, I have no idea what it's talking about unless I'm forgetting something important. Also, since the last line is: “Ludin's inane barking pulls you back,” it's weird that Fasolt talks next.

7. Bug?: This may be intentional, but if you hit the same Slag Slinger more than once in-between their turns, they only move after the first hit. (I first noticed this in the battle before Dengler's godstone). If this is intentional, the description is misleading.

1. If Ubin > Vognir > Hakon, in terms of their ages, then both statements can be true: Ubin+Vognir knew each other when they were "young", and then Vognir+Hakon became close (kendr) as more "mature" Varl.

6. There is a dream experienced by Hakon (and later confirmed that Mogr "saw" it too) in Chapter 3, most likely "emitted" by Juno, to attract them to Ridgehorn. I am pretty sure (but not 100%) that it happens before you meet Fasolt. Obviously, Juno compels Hakon to come to Ridgehorn, so that when he even thinks of going to Grofheim he starts feeling the "pull".

7. I've given up trying to understand how/when Slingers' Back Off triggers :rolleyes:... I've observed that Splinter (BRK) damage rarely triggers it, whereas STR damage (direct or AoE) almost always triggers it. I believe another factor is the Slinger's place in the turn-queue: If she's up to act next, Back Off usually does not trigger.

Ratatoskr
11-15-2016, 12:20 PM
1. If Ubin > Vognir > Hakon, in terms of their ages, then both statements can be true: Ubin+Vognir knew each other when they were "young", and then Vognir+Hakon became close (kendr) as more "mature" Varl.

6. There is a dream experienced by Hakon (and later confirmed that Mogr "saw" it too) in Chapter 3, most likely "emitted" by Juno, to attract them to Ridgehorn. I am pretty sure (but not 100%) that it happens before you meet Fasolt. Obviously, Juno compels Hakon to come to Ridgehorn, so that when he even thinks of going to Grofheim he starts feeling the "pull".

7. I've given up trying to understand how/when Slingers' Back Off triggers :rolleyes:... I've observed that Splinter (BRK) damage rarely triggers it, whereas STR damage (direct or AoE) almost always triggers it. I believe another factor is the Slinger's place in the turn-queue: If she's up to act next, Back Off usually does not trigger.

1. I suppose, but the way it's phrased has always seemed weird to me. Hakon seems to be implying that he didn't know Vognir all that well.

6. If you mean the dream where you and Mogr randomly start flying and there are birds, that happens after meeting Fasolt. That's the only dream I could think of too, which is one of the reasons I was so confused by that comment. If Juno is messing with his mind, I'm fine with that, but the mention of a dream doesn't make sense.

7.Well, glad I'm not the only one. But it's annoying when I'm trying to use Impale and then they don't move.

*I'm also glad I'm not the only one bothered by apostrophes and inconsistent capitalization. :)

Aleonymous
11-16-2016, 06:46 AM
6. If you mean the dream where you and Mogr randomly start flying and there are birds, that happens after meeting Fasolt. That's the only dream I could think of too, which is one of the reasons I was so confused by that comment. If Juno is messing with his mind, I'm fine with that, but the mention of a dream doesn't make sense.

Someone on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/bannersaga/comments/4gmxs2/tbs2_spoilers_revisiting_a_strange_conversation/?st=ivkuwyy8&sh=474ea861) made the same observation as you (6 months ago). Yes, it seems like they messed up the order of events; maybe the dream initially took place before meeting Fasolt and having this discussion?

Ratatoskr
11-16-2016, 09:42 AM
Someone on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/bannersaga/comments/4gmxs2/tbs2_spoilers_revisiting_a_strange_conversation/?st=ivkuwyy8&sh=474ea861) made the same observation as you (6 months ago). Yes, it seems like the messed up the order of events; maybe the dream initially took place before meeting Fasolt and having this discussion?

Of course they did. And it's possible, or Stoic originally had another dream in there as well.

Also, I think I figured out what's going on with the thrasher armor glitch. It's not so much a bug as a confusing game mechanic. It happens when the thrasher has no armor, but they're standing next to someone so their ability gives them at least one armor that you can't actually break. So the actual glitch is the times when it lets me try to attack that armor, not when it doesn't.

Aleonymous
11-16-2016, 10:12 AM
Also, I think I figured out what's going on with the thrasher armor glitch. It's not so much a bug as a confusing game mechanic. It happens when the thrasher has no armor, but they're standing next to someone so their ability gives them at least one armor that you can't actually break. So the actual glitch is the times when it lets me try to attack that armor, not when it doesn't.

In my case (#35), the Thrasher didn't have an adjacent ally when it happened; you might notice an adjacent ally corpse (that of a Thrasher) in my screenshot. I agree that the game shouldn't allow you to attack ARM; well the "zero damage" is at least there to prevent you!

Ratatoskr
11-16-2016, 01:42 PM
In my case (#35), the Thrasher didn't have an adjacent ally when it happened; you might notice an adjacent ally corpse (that of a Thrasher) in my screenshot. I agree that the game shouldn't allow you to attack ARM; well the "zero damage" is at least there to prevent you!

Interesting. I'll have to play it a few times and see if I can get that. Or at least replicate the bug where it let Iver attack the thrasher's armor anyway.

Aleonymous
11-19-2016, 03:45 PM
A bunch of fixes in the Steam beta by John. Copied from here (http://steamcommunity.com/app/237990/discussions/0/312265782625678528/?tscn=1479513917#c215439774860732029):

FIXED: Renown Count does not appear to match up between menus, expenditures appear to affect renown count differently based on menu.
FIXED: A variety of internal errors
FIXED: All caravan stats display as "0" in HUD
FIXED: War poppening incorrectly shows "0 fighters, 0 varl" before battle, even if many fighters/varl are in caravan
FIXED: Using rest building in Sigrholm does not appear to consume supplies, increase morale, or advance time.
FIXED: Iver's battering ram animation is not playing during battle.
FIXED: Japanese Text does not display when attempting to rebind gamepad controls.
FIXED: Promotion Screen includes reference to TBS2 Talents
FIXED: Gamepad "Stick sensitivity" text is cut off in some languages
FIXED: Fasolt's promotion portrait is blank in battle-resolution screen

CHANGED: Increase loot drop chance for winning the second wave of a battles. Increased to 100%
CHANGED: Varl that join the caravan after the Godstone in chapter 3 should have supplies. Now gives 40 supplies
CHANGED: Grofheim burning should be shown for a longer time before it cuts out to Chapter 4

Ratatoskr
11-23-2016, 11:46 AM
Happy to see some of those fixes. I still haven't managed to recreate your particular Thrasher armor glitch, Aleo, but I should have another list of random errors in a while once I get a bit farther in my hard game.

Aleonymous
11-23-2016, 02:11 PM
I think the "activity" around the Saga1 patch beta-testing has kinda dropped, from Stoic's side. Not sure how many more resources they will commit to keep correcting things, but reports will surely help! If anything, to swell their backlog :p

Ratatoskr
11-23-2016, 03:04 PM
I think the "activity" around the Saga1 patch beta-testing has kinda dropped, from Stoic's side. Not sure how many more resources they will commit to keep correcting things, but reports will surely help! If anything, to swell their backlog :p

I'm not too worried about my notes being fixed now. But at least this way there's a record of them, and John already said that some things should be on the list for next time.
Someday, someone will be told to fix the map typos and when they are, I'll be ready :)

YaK
11-23-2016, 05:09 PM
I'll keep your report in mind for the next update of the unofficial fixpack.

Cannot fix all the issues, but at least the typos and a couple more (maybe the save at the beginning of Ch3) seems fixable to me.

nafeij
11-27-2016, 07:58 AM
Here's some stuff for the next update:

1. Suggestion: Is it possible to make the news ticker stay closed on subsequent game start-ups once you close it the first time? Or perhaps show only unread news? Otherwise closing the news ticker seems a little pointless. This is with regards to both games.

2. Bug: Regarding build 2.35.30, winning the second waves of battles(wars?) does not result in item drops at all, as opposed to the supposed 100% drop rate.

I've posted my findings in other forums, but this seems like a better place for the sake of record-keeping.

Ratatoskr
11-29-2016, 09:41 AM
I'll keep your report in mind for the next update of the unofficial fixpack.

Cannot fix all the issues, but at least the typos and a couple more (maybe the save at the beginning of Ch3) seems fixable to me.

The chapter 3 save would be great. I cannot even count the number of times I have accidentally gone back to the beginning of Frostvellr. There's usually a lot of swearing involved.

I haven't found as many issues in the later game, though I can say that potential damage fails to show up in the second battle of wars no matter what the difficulty. Here's the current list of typos and other inconsistencies.

1. Typo: Chapter 4, when talking to Onef after Ekkill tries to have Rook killed. I think there's extra word when Iver says, “And the dredge probably won't follow us out over in the wastes...” You don't need over.

2. Word Choice: If you choose to take all of Ekkill's supplies, the first line after the battle should probably read: “Before long, the last of the stores are cleaned out...” instead of “...the last of the stores is cleaned out.” The latter just sounds wrong.

3. Typo: Radomyr's description, 4th line. There appears to be a missing word. Should probably say, “...uncommon to hear people speak of..”

4. Typo: On reaching Einartoft, Krumr says... “far fewer of us than there once was.”
This would be more correct, “There are far fewer of us than there once were.”

5. Typo?: In Einartoft, at the end of the scene where Eyvind heals Iver, you say, “the mender crumbles to the floor.” Did you mean, “crumples” instead?

6. Typo: When Juno and the Serpent are talking at the start of Chapter 5, foretelling is misspelled when the Serpent says, “...Are there no stars in the sky fortelling this disaster?”

7. Typo: When Rook and Alette are talking to Eyvind at the beginning of chapter 5, he should really say: “... there's nothing in the menders' libraries about that thing.” Currently you have the singular possessive and that just bothers me. Or you could go for mender libraries if you want, I suppose. Use it as an adjective instead.

8. Inconsistency: In Einartoft, after the first day fighting on the bridge, the text says, “Again you let the next line of varl push into battle when you don't dare to risk it anymore.” But this is the first time so “again” doesn't make any sense.

9. Inconsistency: At the beginning of chapter 5, Rook tells Eyvind that he's been unconscious for a couple of days but no time has passed since the end of chapter 4.

10. Typo: There's a missing word when Ubin joins Rook after leaving Einartoft. The line should probably read, “It appears that large figures are following...” Currently you're missing a verb.

Not too much left for this play through but I have a running list for BS2 once we get there as well, and I'll probably find a few other rarities when I play the game where I plan to lose every single battle.

Aleonymous
11-29-2016, 12:51 PM
Concerning language use (and some typos) -- This always troubles me, in fiction books as well: Should the narration text, as given from by the POV of a specific character, take into account the character's linguistic "skill" or not? Some authors prefer that characters "talk" based on their linguistic skill/style but adopt a third-person narration (even though a loose POV is maintained), so the text there is different in style. I think that narration in the Saga is meant to be from the hero's POV as well, so it would make sense if he/she narrates as he/she would talk...

Ratatoskr
11-29-2016, 01:38 PM
Concerning language use (and some typos) -- This always troubles me, in fiction books as well: Should the narration text, as given from by the POV of a specific character, take into account the character's linguistic "skill" or not? Some authors prefer that characters "talk" based on their linguistic skill/style but adopt a third-person narration (even though a loose POV is maintained), so the text there is different in style. I think that narration in the Saga is meant to be from the hero's POV as well, so it would make sense if he/she narrates as he/she would talk...

I feel your pain. Some authors make it work and some really don't.

In this case, I haven't been mentioning things that I'm pretty sure are just stylistic (for example Gunnulf seems to only talk in present tense for the most part). But sometimes I can't tell for sure and I figure typos should probably be errors.

Ratatoskr
12-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Bugs: I just ran into a few weird glitches with the saves on my latest hard run-through. I'll send some more logs over when I get the chance, though they're probably getting sick of me by now.

1st. My resume save just randomly disappeared on me. It wasn't on the top of the list even though I could still see it in the save folder.

2nd. Resume is back now that I've played some more, but my saves are out of order. Chapter 5 and Leaving Einartoft are sitting right under the Resume save even though I have saves with later dates. I'm already past Ingrid's godstone.

3rd. This may be related to the other issues, but the dates on my resume saves (in the actual save folder) do not appear to be updating. The save itself changes size and seems to be keeping track of my game, but it still says the file was last edited on 11/6. Interestingly, if I search for resume.sav.json, the dates on those show up correct until I go to location.

YaK
12-05-2016, 12:50 AM
@Ratatoskr

Suggestion: Can we please have some sort of autosave at the beginning of Chapter 3? Every time I miss a piece of dialogue in Hakon's opening conversation and reload without thinking, I have to go all the way back to the beginning of Frostvellr.

Unfortunately i cannot fix this. Chapter 3 start in a conversation and it's impossible to force the game saving during conversations (only on camp/village or caravan mode).

Anyway i've corrected almost all your map typos (and a couple more) with a few exceptions:

D. If you could be more precise with apostrophes, maybe i could fix them.

Q. Grenilund's description is present in game, but for unknown reasons, its location isn't clickable. It's a proper bug, and It should be fixable, but i don't know how yet.

U. As for D, could you be more precise on what to do?

Ratatoskr
12-05-2016, 09:52 AM
@Ratatoskr

Unfortunately i cannot fix this. Chapter 3 start in a conversation and it's impossible to force the game saving during conversations (only on camp/village or caravan mode).
Anyway i've corrected almost all your map typos (and a couple more) with a few exceptions:

D. If you could be more precise with apostrophes, maybe i could fix them.
Q. Grenilund's description is present in game, but for unknown reasons, its location isn't clickable. It's a proper bug, and It should be fixable, but i don't know how yet.
U. As for D, could you be more precise on what to do?

Too bad about the chapter 3 save. Maybe Stoic can get that one as some point. Or at least a save somewhere inbetween entering Frostvellr and chapter 3. Until then, I'll just have to remember not to load my game. And now I have to admit, I want to know what Grenilund's description is.

I think the major issue with apostrophes was the plural possessive of menders. Technically it should be menders' but there's a lot of mender's going around as well. I don't have any specific description off the top of my head, but maybe you can search by that.

Ratatoskr
12-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Here's my last batch from my hard-run through. I doubt I'll have anything else for a while. Although, is there anywhere to post similar issues for Banner saga 2 yet because I've been collecting quite a few of those.

1. Typo: Missing quotation mark when Unnarr tells his tale. It should be “...ending with: “ War and death...” Currently you only have quotations at the end.

2. Inconsistency: In the abandoned giant hall after Onef's ambush, if you try to sleep there and a bunch of clansmen die, no clansmen are subtracted from your caravan.

3. Bug: If you choose to find a safe place for your caravan to stay in Boersgard and then load, your caravan is no longer safe. You're still a day later, but the option reappears and you get the bad caravan message. I've seen this mentioned before, but I'm gonna go ahead and send a log anyway just to make sure you have it.

4. Inconsistency/Typo: At the end in Boersgard, after the stonesinger shows up, the word is not capitalized even though it was always capitalized at Einartoft.

5. Bug?: Are the riots down at the docks really supposed to last for 2 days? I got the option to investigate two days in a row (though I spent all my time fighting after stashing my clansmen) and I don't remember this happening before.

6. Bug/Oddity: In the 1st half of the cutscene of Rook walking w/ Juno to Stravhs' godstone, there was an arrow at the top of the screen. It was the same arrow that moves dialogue along except at the top of the screen instead of the bottom. Clicking it changed which direction it was facing, but nothing else.

Aleonymous
12-05-2016, 12:00 PM
6. Bug/Oddity: In the 1st half of the cutscene of Rook walking w/ Juno to Stravhs' godstone, there was an arrow at the top of the screen. It was the same arrow that moves dialogue along except at the top of the screen instead of the bottom. Clicking it changed which direction it was facing, but nothing else.

I think they just disabled the caravan/travel mode HUD (population, renown, supplies, buttons etc) for that scene, is all. I suppose ESC still works, to get into the options menu.

YaK
12-05-2016, 03:39 PM
I want to know what Grenilund's description is.

A pretty generical one:

"Amidst the many pines growing at the northern end of the Lang Loom Forest, is a small village of hunters and woodcutters who mostly keep to themselves, self sufficiently providing their own food, wood and water."

for the bugs:

1) Noted.

2) Fixed in SSLTBS1 fixpack.

3) Known issues, fixed right, i'll probably release here a small patch with some boersgard fixes asking you guys to test it.

4) Noted.

5) Mmm. Don't know. Need further investigations.

6) It's just the arrow to hide the Caravan HUD panel, that's automatically hidden in that cutscene, have no idee if it's fixable or if it should be fixed.

Ratatoskr
12-05-2016, 04:04 PM
6) It's just the arrow to hide the Caravan HUD panel, that's automatically hidden in that cutscene, have no idee if it's fixable or if it should be fixed.

Considering that there's no arrow in the second half of that cutscene (after you talk to Juno), it should probably be hidden if only for consistency. Though I admit, I did find clicking it back and forth somewhat entertaining. And I'm not 100% sure if the two days of riots was actually a bug, but I don't remember ever seeing it twice before. of course, I also never choose that option, so I may have just forgotten about it.

And thanks for the description of Grenilund :)

YaK
12-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Hey Ratatoskr, i could use your help with some phrasing, since english is not my native language:

"Eyvind is the apprentice to one of the mender's inner council, Juno. He has a variety of different quirks, least of which is an uneasy nervous energy that influences everything he does. Despite this, it's hard not to feel a bit intimidated around the man, like he's holding back from... something."

This is one of the plurar cases you were talking about?

"Yes...and their mender charms will repair the king's armor!",

Don't know if it's singular or plural, but is it lacking the possessive?

"The home of the menders, Manaharr was built near Arberrang at great expense in exchange for the menders support at the capital and other diplomatic duties. Manaharr itself, connected to the mainland by an unexpectedly stable rope bridge, houses apprentices in training, the mender council and a vast library of writings and unusual items the menders have collected over time."

"One of the most important characters of the first great war was Karl, a proud varl warrior who turned against his own kind at the mender's behest to help end the war between varl and mankind. Along the Red River an enormous mead house catered exclusively to varl, but now sees both races drinking together regularly, though ironically the mention of Karl's name will more often than not cause tempers to flare."

Should be "menders' " ?

I prefer to leave out the capitalization issue, since for now, since it will be a mess to keep it updated (there several entries just in the strings and i suppose several also in the conversations).

Ratatoskr
12-06-2016, 09:48 AM
No problem, Yak.

Looking at your quotes, all three of the words in bold should be menders' instead of what they are (see what I mean about inconsistency? Even the errors aren't the same :)).

"Their mender charms" is actually okay the way it is since they've turned mender into an adjective. It's not the most common phrasing but you can do that with some nouns. It's just like saying dwarf lord or mender council. Otherwise you would have to switch the phrase to "the menders' charms" or something similar depending on the context, which changes the tone of the words a bit. I've been ignoring things that seem to be stylistic choices rather than errors unless they're confusing.

YaK
12-06-2016, 10:53 AM
Thanks!

I'll fix that three then. I wasn't able to find more (at least in the strings.json.z files, probably there will be more in the various conversations, but looking there is impossible right know and would be quite hellish once possible).

YaK
12-06-2016, 01:08 PM
Hey, Ratatoskr, take a look here: http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?3698-MOD-YaK-s-SSLTBS1-Fixpack-(Spare-Some-Love-To-Banner-Saga-1)&p=32736&viewfull=1#post32736

At Stoics:

Attached there is a modified EN "strings.json" (from version 2.36.03) with JUST (no other changes) the typos reported by Ratatoskr and some spotted by me, fixed (hopefully i've not done more grammar mistakes, english is not my native language) and here's the list of the edits and in which line (the numers in bold) i've done them.

Feel free to use this file and this list as a base to correct them in a future patch.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Yi6TUS471zRE9vMm5RUnozRTg

It's worth noting that theese are also present (maybe not all, not checked one-by-one) in Banner Saga 2 (if you're interested i could check and do a similar list, with lines, like this one)

AND

There is a bug i wasn't able to track down that PREVENTS Grenilund village to be clickable on the map, but it seems fixed in BS2.

2810 deduct --> deduce

2665 denglr's --> denglrs
2920 same
2914 same
2838 same

2886 straight --> Strait

2954 changed from: "At the great war's end, it was the Valka, the first menders, who would push the dredge so far into the north that they were no longer a threat. Some believe the Valka committed genocide of an unfathomable magnitude, others believe they were forced to return underground, for not even dredge can survive these bleak, lifeless ice plains. In any case, if the dredge could be said to inhabit any lands, it is those named after their vanquishers."

to

"At the great war's end, it was the Valka, the first menders, who pushed the dredge so far into the north that they were no longer a threat. Some believe the Valka committed a genocide of an unfathomable magnitude, others believe the dredge were forced to return underground, for not even they could survive these bleak, lifeless ice plains. In any case, if the dredge could be said to inhabit any lands, it is those named after their vanquishers."

2718 "Young varl, in the times when some varl were still young" --> "Young varl, in the times when varl were still young"

2958 Winter --> Vetur

2746 "used to the be the gathering place" to "used to be the gathering place"

"From a long arm of the Ormsa River one thin finger branches off, pooling at the base of the Foulwind Hills. When a horseborn called Tin discovered the pool they thought it must have been the source of the great river, for it bubbles up clean water without any seeming end. Any travel through horseborn lands usually pass through Tinsfount where there are travelling camps set up nearly year-round."

to:

"From a long arm of the Ormsa River one thin finger branches off, pooling at the base of the Foulwind Hills. When a horseborn called Tin discovered the pool, they thought it must have been the source of the great river, for it bubbles up clean water without any seeming end. Any travelling through horseborn lands usually pass through Tinsfount, where there are travelling camps set up nearly year-round."

2894 unweary --> unwary

2724 body water --> body of water

2732 naesous --> nauseous

2790 simple --> simply

2900 nothward --> northward

2896 cultuivate –-> cultivate

2946 "berries that grew upon the barbs that would eventually" to "berries that grew upon the barbs would eventually"

2830 access take --> access to take

2842 the –-> they

2782 kings --> kings'

2818 Bay --> bay

2772 murkey --> murky

967, 1242, 2756 mender's --> menders'

2784 the menders support --> the menders' support

Ratatoskr
12-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Looks pretty good. I definitely plan to check out your fix pack at some point, I just haven't gotten to it yet. And when testing for bugs I figured I should use the original version. But having a version with less typos and the Boersgard caravan issue fixed would both make me pretty happy since I'm apparently the typo person now.

I did have two comments on the map fixes:

1. Here: "At the great war's end, it was the Valka, the first menders, who pushed the dredge so far into the north that they were no longer a threat. Some believe the Valka committed a genocide of an unfathomable magnitude, others believe the dredge were forced to return underground, for not even them could survive these bleak, lifeless ice plains. In any case, if the dredge could be said to inhabit any lands, it is those named after their vanquishers."

The bolded word should actually be they in this case in order to be grammatically correct.

2. Personally, I would also say travelers instead of traveling in the Tinsfount description to make it a little clearer, but traveling is technically possible since the person is implied. That may be up to Stoic to decide what fits their style better.

And the rest of it looks great at first glance.

YaK
12-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Correcting "they" right now.

From you description i just learned another subtle difference between British English and American English :p (travelling/traveling).

Ratatoskr
12-06-2016, 05:33 PM
From your description i just learned another subtle difference between British English and American English :p (travelling/traveling).

Oh yeah, I hadn't even thought about that detail. To be honest, I always want to spell it travelling but then the spell check gets angry with me :)

admin
12-07-2016, 12:43 PM
These are fixed, for the most part, in the upcoming build. I made a few modifications. In particular on the well-debated traveling phrase :)

Mine is "Any travel through horseborn lands usually passes through Tinsfount". This uses the verb 'Travel' as the subject of the sentence, which is a beloved device called Anthimeria. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthimeria

Also, here's an interesting graph showing the global occurrence of 'traveling' vs. 'travelling'. http://writingexplained.org/travelling-or-traveling-difference

Ratatoskr
12-07-2016, 12:52 PM
These are fixed, for the most part, in the upcoming build. I made a few modifications. In particular on the well-debated traveling phrase :)

Mine is "Any travel through horseborn lands usually passes through Tinsfount". This uses the verb 'Travel' as the subject of the sentence, which is a beloved device called Anthimeria. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthimeria

I actually considered putting that version in as a suggestion so that works for me :). I figure most of my phrasing suggestions are just that and the devs can do whatever sounds the best to them. I just want to let them know when something isn't clear or correct the way it is.

And I'm also glad to hear that most of the map typos are getting fixed (though I'll have to wait for the GOG version to come out. Sigh).

YaK
12-07-2016, 01:10 PM

Also, here's an interesting graph showing the global occurrence of 'traveling' vs. 'travelling'. http://writingexplained.org/travelling-or-traveling-difference

I don't know who you are, sir (or lady), but i love you regardlessly of your gender, orientation, preferred food, species or whatever. Thank (as Scathach would have said).

That said, it was that particular link the one i was referring when i said i learned another subtle difference between UK and USA English, thanks to Noah Webster :)

Anyway, the repetition of travel(l)ing wasn't very elegant, so this is a better solution for sure. You know, i am not a professional writer and if i would have, i would not have been for sure an English writer :D

And I'm also glad to hear that most of the map typos are getting fixed (though I'll have to wait for the GOG version to come out. Sigh).

From what i know, GOG patching process is not fast as Steam's one, so, probably Stoic will update a patch there only after this series of various hotfixes is ended, but FEAR NOT!

I am so happy right know, that, if you want (and provide me the correct file) i will update it manually!

Ratatoskr
12-07-2016, 01:17 PM
From what I know, GOG patching process is not fast as Steam's one, so, probably Stoic will update a patch there only after this series of various hotfixes is ended, but FEAR NOT!
I am so happy right know, that, if you want (and provide me the correct file) i will update it manually!

If you tell me which file you need, that would be great. Though I wouldn't be able to get it to you until tonight. I'm kinda at work right now.... Anyway, I'm used to waiting for the patches so it's not that big a deal :) Just knowing that it's fixed gives me something to look forward to.

YaK
12-07-2016, 01:42 PM
"strings.json.z" located in "../tbs/assets/common/locale/en"

Don't know if you prefer to get the official fixes (applied to your gog version) or just "yours".

Ratatoskr
12-07-2016, 02:16 PM
"strings.json.z" located in "../tbs/assets/common/locale/en"
Don't know if you prefer to get the official fixes (applied to your gog version) or just "yours".

I think I'd probably prefer the official stoic fixes eventually if only so everything will match and any bugs I find will be accurate. But if I make a backup copy I can switch it back when the new update gets rolled out and this way, I wouldn't have to look at the typos until then :)

If you meant something else by official fixes, sure? If I'm making a backup copy anyway then I figure more corrections are always good. It would keep me from nitpicking until the next one shows up.

Of course, what I really really want is a different treatment of Yrsa dying in the tower vs. leaving in the forest for when she comes back in BG2 so that my games have all the proper variations. But I know that's a later item. Much like some of my other plot notes on things not making sense. :p

YaK
12-07-2016, 03:47 PM
I intended that i could fetch a "typo-free" strings.json.z (that addresses map errors) right now, with your correction or wait till Stoic release the aforementioned hotfix with corrections on Steam and then adapt it to your gog version.

Anyway yes, having a backup will just do the trick, usually i keep the backupt in the same folder and switch them (or compare them) when i would like to try something new.

The Yrsa inconsistency also bugged me a lot, looking at the games files it's clear that was planned a more deep role for her in BS2 (she has also a unique item, never gained in game), probably a bit of romance.

Unfortunately it is a very intensive thing to fix via mod. It could be done, but i need to put new variables in saga1, let BS2 import them and then write a couple of different dialogues in which she implies didn't die in the tower (in the same fashion of how Fasolt managed to survive) but is aware of Ludin's death, in that case, and unaware if she went missing in the forest.

Ratatoskr
12-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Well, I wasn't necessarily expecting you to fix Yrsa (and I could see our saves getting whacked out as soon as stoic did any kind of update what with the extra variables). That's just my wish list for stoic et. al. And a unique item? Really? I wonder why they cut that out.

I'll send you the string file as soon as I have the chance. Whatever amount of fixing you get to is just fine with me and I'm playing BS2 right now anyway so no need to rush. Would I also need to start new saves with this?

-- Edit: Sounds like this may not even be necessary per John's post above :) Then I can start doing a whole new run of playthroughs for bugs - I swear I sometimes get the weirdest ones.

Thanks a bunch.

John
12-07-2016, 04:22 PM
(though I'll have to wait for the GOG version to come out. Sigh).

Should be fairly soon once we stabilize the Steam build. Hopefully we will put out a final hotfix for Steam on Monday and then GOG a few days later.

stoicmom
12-07-2016, 11:28 PM
Great news, John!! Thank you for all of your hard work <3

John
12-08-2016, 01:27 AM
BETA BRANCH updated to 2.36.09

Hopefully this one is clean enough to go live!

Fix typos reported by YaK (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?3794-Requesting-Community-Assistance-Beta-Testing-TBS1-on-Steam&p=32737&viewfull=1#post32737)
Fix Console error when leaving Denglr's godstone
Fix Locked class achievements display progress tracker, indicate needing more kills than is required. 3 kills now properly required
Fix Resume save stuck in Vedrfell after updating
Fix Backbiter Veteran enemy uses Dagr's sprite and portrait picture.
Fix issue with Nid having a negative amount of stat points to spend
Fix Number of Varl in caravan does not increase despite varl choosing to join Iver when leaving Einartoft... now adds 23 varl to caravan
Fix Ubin's caravan does not add fighters or varl to your caravan when joining after Einartoft... now adds 15 fighters, 5 varl, and 40 supplies (rather than 30 supplies)
Fix Unable to scroll using a gamepad when loading save files

Aleonymous
12-08-2016, 02:45 AM
BETA BRANCH updated to 2.36.09

Hopefully this one is clean enough to go live!

Fix typos reported by YaK (http://stoicstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?3794-Requesting-Community-Assistance-Beta-Testing-TBS1-on-Steam&p=32737&viewfull=1#post32737)
Fix Number of Varl in caravan does not increase despite varl choosing to join Iver when leaving Einartoft... now adds 23 varl to caravan
Fix Ubin's caravan does not add fighters or varl to your caravan when joining after Einartoft... now adds 15 fighters, 5 varl, and 40 supplies (rather than 30 supplies)

These will surely bring smiles to some of our fellow clansmen faces :)

EDIT: I wonder when will those "obnoxiously placed" trees be repaired :p

Ratatoskr
12-08-2016, 09:45 AM
That all sounds great to me. Especially all those dang typos that Yak and I have been on about :) Seriously, I need to like throw a party or something.

Out of curiosity, did you also fix the issue where promoting Ludin before the Vedrfell battle can break the game? Because I'm really tempted to try that one when this rolls over to GOG. Also, if anyone knows, will I have to re-unlock Tryggvi after the next update? Or will that stick?

Aleonymous
12-08-2016, 11:06 AM
... will I have to re-unlock Tryggvi after the next update? Or will that stick?

I am 99% sure that you will have to re-do the edit, because saga1.json.z (the "master script") is often the most-updated file of all.

YaK
12-08-2016, 11:07 AM
That all sounds great to me. Especially all those dang typos that Yak and I have been on about :) Seriously, I need to like throw a party or something.

Out of curiosity, did you also fix the issue where promoting Ludin before the Vedrfell battle can break the game? Because I'm really tempted to try that one when this rolls over to GOG. Also, if anyone knows, will I have to re-unlock Tryggvi after the next update? Or will that stick?

1) Yep, Ludin's issue was fixed in the previous beta, the only "oddity" that reamins is that if he stays alive (he could) he will not be able to do STR damage untile the end of the fight, BUT I LIKE IT, since after the fight Hakon tell hiw how to deal with dredge, so it could make sense.
2) Yep, you should re-unlock him.

Ratatoskr
12-08-2016, 11:15 AM
I am 99% sure that you will have to re-do the edit, because saga1.json.z (the "master script") is often the most-updated file of all.

Yeah, I figured. But I thought I'd check just in case. It's not really that hard to do.

For another random question, do you think any of the new updates are likely to break my old saves? Not for playing, but for importing. I currently have about ten BS1 saves ready for BS2 - cross-referenced by how many people died, the end choice, and other things because I am a ridiculous person - and I'd hate to have to redo them all later.

Edit (since Yak ninjaed me :)) - well, I'll still have to try the Ludin thing then. Just to see him fail at fighting dredge. Thanks.

YaK
12-08-2016, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I figured. But I thought I'd check just in case. It's not really that hard to do.
For another random question, do you think any of the new updates are likely to break my old saves? Not for playing, but for importing. I currently have about ten BS1 saves ready for BS2 - cross-referenced by how many people died, the end choice, and other things because I am a ridiculous person - and I'd hate to have to redo them all later.

They shouldn't. Just a bunch of variables are really imported to Saga2. Of course, changes are not retroactive: If, let's say, a patch change the amount of varl gained in an event or lower the stats of a Hero, this will be not reflected in your saves untile you reload them in Saga1 and redo that specific part.

YaK
12-08-2016, 11:57 AM
@John

John, how are Saga's .jsons (text) encoded? With UTF-8 or ANSI? Or the compiler and the engine could just digest everything?

Ratatoskr
12-08-2016, 12:00 PM
They shouldn't. Just a bunch of variables are really imported to Saga2. Of course, changes are not retroactive: If, let's say, a patch change the amount of varl gained in an event or lower the stats of a Hero, this will be not reflected in your saves until you reload them in Saga1 and redo that specific part.

Okay, that's fine. That's pretty much what I figured. I was already planning on doing at least one more run through BS1 if the Yrsa issue in BS2 ever gets fixed because of that and I'm not too worried about stat changes. Thanks.

John
12-09-2016, 12:57 AM
@john

john, how are saga's .jsons (text) encoded? With utf-8 or ansi? Or the compiler and the engine could just digest everything?

utf-8

Tiraglarm
12-23-2016, 04:50 PM
I have a strange thing. Its much easier to show (live version of TBS1):
https://gyazo.com/def13bfe7c014630503f91fc9dbcbc93

+ a lot of ugly text bugs in russian version:
https://gyazo.com/9499dbfabac52afb36aa4907315f7c50

I can help with this text bug if you ask

---
Hope it is right topic to post it

Aleonymous
12-23-2016, 05:33 PM
I have a strange thing. Its much easier to show (live version of TBS1):
https://gyazo.com/def13bfe7c014630503f91fc9dbcbc93

+ a lot of ugly text bugs in russian version:
https://gyazo.com/9499dbfabac52afb36aa4907315f7c50

Thanks for the report and for taking the time to make a thorough picture-guide for that, Tiraglarm! It would help if you could also tell the devs what's that Boersgard event all about (approximately), because of the Russian language.

Tiraglarm
12-24-2016, 08:03 AM
I've captured two videos about this bug in english version. Should be informative

https://youtu.be/_07UczP62uo
https://youtu.be/_hJXoomFeLU

Should I write an email to Stoic or forum post is ok?

Aleonymous
12-24-2016, 09:37 AM
Thanks! :) Yes, definitively something wrong there. Have you tried verifying the integrity of the game cache? Maybe that will fix the corrupted files leading to this strange behavior...

I've brought this to Stoic's attention; no need to email them ;)

YaK
12-24-2016, 10:25 AM
Nasty one.

It's something in the triggering of the breach event. I was able to experience an error when you have already 0 varl OR 0 fighters, but then it played normally, not with this mess.

Tiraglarm
12-24-2016, 12:16 PM
Have you tried verifying the integrity of the game cache? Maybe that will fix the corrupted files leading to this strange behavior...
Done - same bug.

I've tried to load my earlier save with more varls alive in Boersgard. No bug.
I think problem is triggered by situation with 0 varls and 0warrioirs alive in army.

+ a lot of text bugs in russian translation :I and semantic errors

YaK
12-24-2016, 01:20 PM
Are you Lex on steam's forum, by chance?

Tiraglarm
12-24-2016, 02:07 PM
No. Who is that guy?

YaK
12-24-2016, 04:09 PM
Ah, fine. He reported Ekkill's guts ability issue and other errors in Russian too, offering assistance in correcting them, so I thought you two could be the same person, never mind, no harm intended :) .

Tiraglarm
12-25-2016, 05:59 AM
Problem with russian translation is that it looks not like just translation with some erros but like really broken
My selection of bugs&errors with correction:
https://mega.nz/#F!QAFW1LAD!zNIu2CMLl7wp89gX6a61ZQ

+bonus :]
https://gyazo.com/53268297673045b4c7b3c198aebfb13b

YaK
12-25-2016, 10:37 AM
(Un)luckily, I could not understand Russians, so i could not feel the "pain".

But I assure you that I am obsessed by the flying trees (there are two of them!) to the point that I made an unofficial compilation of fixes starting from that two.

Aleonymous
12-25-2016, 06:10 PM
But I assure you that I am obsessed by the flying trees (there are two of them!) to the point that I made an unofficial compilation of fixes starting from that two.

True story! :o

Thanks for reports, Tiraglarm. Will forward them as well.

Ratatoskr
12-26-2016, 02:10 PM
Just a quick question, but, any word on when we'll be seeing the new build in GOG? I checked yesterday and I don't seem to have any updates yet.

Aleonymous
12-26-2016, 06:11 PM
Just a quick question, but, any word on when we'll be seeing the new build in GOG? I checked yesterday and I don't seem to have any updates yet.

No word yet... I guess the answer would be: "Soon". I'll try to get something more substantial, though, but no promises! :p

Ratatoskr
12-29-2016, 12:29 PM
No word yet... I guess the answer would be: "Soon". I'll try to get something more substantial, though, but no promises! :p

Yeah, I figured :) Let me know if you do hear anything. For now I'll go back to playing Baldur's Gate instead.

Aleonymous
01-02-2017, 03:48 PM
Concerning the GOG udpate: It seems like it's on hold for the moment, as they're struggling with some of the remaining bugs as well as some localization issues. That, and all the other things that they got on their agenda! :o

Ratatoskr
01-03-2017, 01:13 PM
Pity, well at least it's on the list. And it's not like I don't already have too many games to play :)

Ratatoskr
01-14-2017, 01:40 PM
Looks like the GOG update is live. So I'm finally up to 2.36.16. Time to go find some more bugs :)

Aleonymous
01-14-2017, 02:40 PM
Looks like the GOG update is live. So I'm finally up to 2.36.16. Time to go find some more bugs :)

Good luck, have fun, Rata ;)

Vera Dolan
04-24-2019, 07:50 AM
Hello everyone

Aleonymous
05-11-2019, 07:43 AM
Hello everyone

Hello. Please note that forums will soon be shutting down (read-only). Game related discussions & chat in the BannerSaga Discord server; check yellow banner for link.

Kennethcep
05-21-2019, 12:38 AM
: https://lcokbhlw.bestseller-super.ru

JesseNic
05-24-2019, 06:55 PM
: https://lcokbhlw.bestseller-super.ru

Kennethcep
05-25-2019, 01:13 AM
Get 65 bright royalty free jazz music packs on AudioJungle. Buy bright music and sounds from $19.

http://v.ht/TPTS